carat
color
clarity

Trump brags, "I 'inspected' nude Miss Universe contestants"

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Trump brags, "I 'inspected' nude Miss Universe contestan

Think about it. Tacit acceptance of actions like Trump's and others have repercussions. Case in point: Brock Turner.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

lovedogs|1476243887|4086003 said:
ruby59|1476228339|4085905 said:
As far as Donald Trump, his potty mouth does not cost me anything. And his taking advantage of the tax codes, I blame those in charge who wrote them, thereby allowing him to take advantage of it.

I'm sorry, but are you serious about this?! I can't even express how messed up this line of thinking is. He LITERALLY DESCRIBED COMMITTING SEXUAL ASSAULT! That isn't a "potty mouth", that's a CRIME. And "doesn't cost me anything" is an equally horrible statement. That's like me saying "racism doesn't cost me anything" because I"m white, or that people discussing hurting LGBT people doesn't cost me anything because I am a heterosexual. It's incredibly selfish and short-sighted. I would like to think you probably didn't mean it that way, but you should be aware of how this comes across and potentially be more careful before you say things like that. I typically don't directly criticize people on this forum, but as a victim of assault/rape I just can't keep quiet on this one. :angryfire:

And as I have stated before, at the age of 12, I was the victim of a "funny uncle."

But right now, this country has far bigger concerns to worry about.

We simply cannot afford 4 or 8 more years of someone like Obama, either foreign or domestic.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1476246784|4086024 said:
We simply cannot afford 4 or 8 more years of someone like Obama, either foreign or domestic.
Unlike Obama I think HC will be more moderate as President.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would rather had her than Obama.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476252942|4086039 said:
Who wouldn't?... :silenced: He done nothing good for our country.

E B

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire|1476253152|4086040 said:

Sorry, DF, but our economy is objectively better off in many, many ways today than it was when Obama took office. And I could post graphs by the handful, but I won't, because if you truly believe that Obama was the worst of all time, you probably also think any graphs I post are from organizations in the tank for Hillary, along with all of the news media save Fox and Alex Jones. And even if you weren't happy with Obama's progress (I saw Mitt Romney was blaming Obama for the words and actions of the President of the Phillipines at a rally a few days ago, which was...interesting), surely you couldn't see Trump as any better. By the way, did you know Trump himself said not too long before running for President that economies do better under Democrats? Oops. :cheeky:

I always enjoy the 'economic anxiety' arguments on a diamond forum with people in the midst of or having just finished another jewelry project, though. ;))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1476214555|4085757 said:
You can read into it what you want, sstephensid, but I'm not defending him. I'm simply saying that our culture objectifies women and Trump's words are an obvious symptom of that problem. Trump is a pig. Sadly, I suspect that there are lots of pigs :blackeye: And, yes, I understand that none of those other pigs are running for president and that's the difference, but my point was just that this is not something (in varying degrees) that is unique e to Trump.

So, let's not vote for a 'person' who is so vocal about 'objectifying women'. Let's start by voting for a woman (and there is 2 running). We also objectify men btw.
http://www.collegetimes.com/college-life/not-object-women-must-stop-objectifying-men-109819

There is 'the movies' (cinema) and life, Trump is doing it in real life. I'm not going to say everyone had/has a fantasy life, but many do, that doesn't mean they hook up with a guy from the movie 50 shades (which at my age is a bit of a meh, hormone loss etc ;-) )

I believe a healthy, heterosexual male does not treat women they way Trump did.. Gay guys? don't know, Gay women, don't know.

E B

Ideal_Rock

Another thing I find funny (when funny leans sad) is how the same people who are defending him (or "not") over this are apoplectic over the idea of a transwoman in the same bathroom as their daughters. And sure, some of them will say, "Well, I have no problem with transwomen, I just don't want men lurking around, trying to get a peak at my naked female loved ones."

Unless they're running for President.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Tekate|1476280979|4086110 said:
momhappy|1476214555|4085757 said:
You can read into it what you want, sstephensid, but I'm not defending him. I'm simply saying that our culture objectifies women and Trump's words are an obvious symptom of that problem. Trump is a pig. Sadly, I suspect that there are lots of pigs :blackeye: And, yes, I understand that none of those other pigs are running for president and that's the difference, but my point was just that this is not something (in varying degrees) that is unique e to Trump.

So, let's not vote for a 'person' who is so vocal about 'objectifying women'. Let's start by voting for a woman (and there is 2 running). We also objectify men btw.
http://www.collegetimes.com/college-life/not-object-women-must-stop-objectifying-men-109819

There is 'the movies' (cinema) and life, Trump is doing it in real life. I'm not going to say everyone had/has a fantasy life, but many do, that doesn't mean they hook up with a guy from the movie 50 shades (which at my age is a bit of a meh, hormone loss etc ;-) )

I believe a healthy, heterosexual male does not treat women they way Trump did.. Gay guys? don't know, Gay women, don't know.

I'm not voting Trump. I'm also not voting Clinton. She's no better than Trump and I will hold her accountable for her actions too (by abstaining from voting for president). I plan to vote in my state elections.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1476280979|4086110 said:
So, let's not vote for a 'person' who is so vocal about 'objectifying women'.

Yes. Right.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

E B|1476281404|4086112 said:
Another thing I find funny (when funny leans sad) is how the same people who are defending him (or "not") over this are apoplectic over the idea of a transwoman in the same bathroom as their daughters. And sure, some of them will say, "Well, I have no problem with transwomen, I just don't want men lurking around, trying to get a peak at my naked female loved ones."

I don't understand your logic.
I don't want men (or more specifically, sexual predators) lurking around public female bathrooms and locker rooms.
I also don't want Trump to be president and I'm not voting for him.
I can't stop him from running for president. I voted for another candidate in the Primary election. What more am I supposed to do?
I don't want him representing the Republican party (or our country) and I'm mortified that he's even on the ballot.
Also, addressing both sides of the coin is not defending someone. I don't condone his words, thoughts, or actions, but I also understand that we live in a society that objectifies women. If you feel that's defending him, then that's your perception and I can't change that.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's a thought. How about we don't tell people who to vote for? It is insulting. Voting is a sacred right that people can do with what they wish. As you can see by the current poll there are quite a few either not voting or voting third party. Who does someone think they are telling someone else how to vote?

E B

Ideal_Rock

momhappy, I never specified you. I know you aren't a Trump supporter. I was referring to the many who play both sides of this ("he's just a healthy heterosexual male," etc.), and their support I find hypocritical.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I wholeheartedly agree, redwood! I have never put a campaign sign in my yard or a political bumper sticker on my car.... No one should tell any one who to vote for :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

E B|1476283668|4086121 said:
momhappy, I never specified you. I know you aren't a Trump supporter. I was referring to the many who play both sides of this ("he's just a healthy heterosexual male," etc.), and their support I find hypocritical.

No worries, EB =)

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

momhappy|1476283127|4086118 said:

I don't want men (or more specifically, sexual predators) lurking around public female bathrooms and locker rooms.
I can't stop him from running for president. I voted for another candidate in the Primary election. What more am I supposed to do?
I don't want him representing the Republican party (or our country) and I'm mortified that he's even on the ballot.
Also, addressing both sides of the coin is not defending someone. I don't condone his words, thoughts, or actions, but I also understand that we live in a society that objectifies women. If you feel that's defending him, then that's your perception and I can't change that.

See this is where you lose me. His comments go much further than objectifying women. He is describing himself as a sexual predator. He admits to purposely walking in on women while they are naked. If a store owner purposely walked in on someone trying on clothes would that be objectifying women, or would it be a crime? Trump is talking about voyerism and assault.

Another analogy: My gym is owned by a man. He owns it so he can go wherever he wants. If he ever walked into the women's locker room and stood there watching women change would that be "objectifying women" or would he be a predator?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

chemgirl|1476283978|4086127 said:

See this is where you lose me. His comments go much further than objectifying women. He is describing himself as a sexual predator. He admits to purposely walking in on women while they are naked. If a store owner purposely walked in on someone trying on clothes would that be objectifying women, or would it be a crime? Trump is talking about voyerism and assault.

Another analogy: My gym is owned by a man. He owns it so he can go wherever he wants. If he ever walked into the women's locker room and stood there watching women change would that be "objectifying women" or would he be a predator?

Well, not sure where I lost you..... but, ok. I didn't say that Trump just objectifies women.
I said that we live in a society that objectifies women. That doesn't make it okay. It just means that I acknowledge that we have a problem and Trump is obviously part of that problem.
I said that I don't condone Trump's thoughts, words, and actions just like I wouldn't condone a sexual predator walking into a dressing room to spy on someone. A sexual predator is a sexual predator/sexual assault is sexual assault....
Your gym comment doesn't really make sense to me, so I'm not sure how I would address it :confused:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

I don't see this as locker room talk as Trump and Billy Bush were working o the job.
This was in a work environment. And to further th discussion, Billy Bush encouraged th young lady to hug and kiss Trump. An inside joke between the two of them.

I agree the Republicans only get upset when there are issues of sex involved. His decisions over the nuclear button are worse.

AAnnette

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

momhappy|1476285603|4086135 said:

Well, not sure where I lost you..... but, ok. I didn't say that Trump just objectifies women.
I said that we live in a society that objectifies women. That doesn't make it okay. It just means that I acknowledge that we have a problem.
I said that I don't condone Trumps thoughts, words, and actions just like I wouldn't condone a sexual predator walking into a dressing room to spy on someone.
Your gym comment doesn't really make sense to me, so I'm not sure how I would address it :confused:

He said he lurked around the dressing rooms for the pageant he used to own so he could see the women naked. He can do it because he's the owner. So that's where my gym comment came from. Somehow with Donald Trump this is "locker room talk", he has a "potty mouth", he "objectifies women" (not all your comments), but anyone else would be considered a sexual predator for doing the same thing.

I get that society objectifies women. Just to me, bringing it up in this context is shifting some of the blame from Trump. Definitely not all you, I just have a problem with a lot of the minimising going on here in some of the comments.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chemgirl|1476286249|4086138 said:
momhappy|1476285603|4086135 said:

I said that we live in a society that objectifies women. That doesn't make it okay. It just means that I acknowledge that we have a problem.
I said that I don't condone Trumps thoughts, words, and actions just like I wouldn't condone a sexual predator walking into a dressing room to spy on someone.

He said he lurked around the dressing rooms for the pageant he used to own so he could see the women naked. He can do it because he's the owner. So that's where my gym comment came from. Somehow with Donald Trump this is "locker room talk", he has a "potty mouth", he "objectifies women" (not all your comments), but anyone else would be considered a sexual predator for doing the same thing.

I get that society objectifies women. Just to me, bringing it up in this context is shifting some of the blame from Trump. Definitely not all you, I just have a problem with a lot of the minimising going on here in some of the comments.

"He can do it because he's the owner." Precisely the attitude of entitlement I was using in my previous post here to get across the point that people who shout about "entitlement" of the poor/non-working have a total double standard when it comes to DT's blatantly obvious entitled attitude. Poor people think they can take whatever they want from the rest of us because they refuse to work--they are so entitled! Donald Trump thinks he can walk in on women naked because he owns the pageant or thinks he can grab a woman by the pussy because he's a star--gosh, guys! Just locker room talk!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

E B|1476280453|4086106 said:
Dancing Fire|1476253152|4086040 said:

Sorry, DF, but our economy is objectively better off in many, many ways today than it was when Obama took office. And I could post graphs by the handful, but I won't, because if you truly believe that Obama was the worst of all time, you probably also think any graphs I post are from organizations in the tank for Hillary, along with all of the news media save Fox and Alex Jones. And even if you weren't happy with Obama's progress (I saw Mitt Romney was blaming Obama for the words and actions of the President of the Phillipines at a rally a few days ago, which was...interesting), surely you couldn't see Trump as any better. By the way, did you know Trump himself said not too long before running for President that economies do better under Democrats? Oops. :cheeky:

I always enjoy the 'economic anxiety' arguments on a diamond forum with people in the midst of or having just finished another jewelry project, though. ;))
I have said many times the economy goes in cycles no matter which party is in office, but thanks to the not so affordable care act it have slow down the recovery, and of course it is dying by itself b/c it does not work. All it does is to stop small businesses from hiring more workers.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64|1476286484|4086141 said:
"He can do it because he's the owner." Precisely the attitude of entitlement I was using in my previous post here to get across the point that people who shout about "entitlement" of the poor/non-working have a total double standard when it comes to DT's blatantly obvious entitled attitude. Poor people think they can take whatever they want from the rest of us because they refuse to work--they are so entitled! Donald Trump thinks he can walk in on women naked because he owns the pageant or thinks he can grab a woman by the pussy because he's a star--gosh, guys! Just locker room talk!

Thank you for clarifying that Monnie. Because I completely missed your point. I do not think the use of "locker room talk" is a good way for him to explain his disgusting comments. There really is no good way to "explain" them.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476287784|4086152 said:
monarch64|1476286484|4086141 said:

Thank you for clarifying that Monnie. Because I completely missed your point. I do not think the use of "locker room talk" is a good way for him to explain his disgusting comments. There really is no good way to "explain" them.

No problem. I waited until now to clarify because I started to type out something snarky to another poster yesterday and thought I'd better take the high road instead. Was a good idea to sleep on it overnight!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't stop him from running for president. I voted for another candidate in the Primary election.

What more am I supposed to do?

What more are you supposed to do?

Do you part to ensure he's not elected.
Vote for Clinton.

Correction: Hold your nose, and vote for Clinton.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1476289017|4086161 said:
I can't stop him from running for president. I voted for another candidate in the Primary election.

Vote for Clinton.

NO.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476289146|4086162 said:

Vote for Clinton.

NO.
:lol: :lol: ...Vote for DF.. :praise:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Vote for Clinton.

Again, I don't think any one should tell any one else how to vote.
Are you seriously recommending that I should hold Trump accountable for his actions/words by not voting for him, but the same shouldn't apply to Hillary :confused:
I don't support and/or agree with things that Hillary has said and done and I don't think she is the "better" candidate. I am holding her accountable by not voting for her.
You can choose to vote for whichever candidate you prefer, kenny, but please don't tell me who to vote for. I am an adult and can make my own choices.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1476215978|4085778 said:
My husband and son both tell me that men do talk like this in locker rooms. And if you do not join in they look at you sideways.

And I have heard my share of that kind of talk in the women's locker room as well. Men's private parts are discussed in detail.

My son's were both raised in Texas (a hole of a state) and they said guys don't talk that way, I have NEVER EVER heard women speaking like this is the gym locker room... My husband said in all his travels and locker rooms he has never heard any man speak like that.. now this is from Texas to NC to NY to DC to Israel to Paris.. I mean all over the world.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1476215764|4085777 said:
distracts|1476215038|4085761 said:
ruby59|1476214414|4085755 said:
I agree, Mom.

That is the tone of that show.

But I do have a question, though, regarding Trump.

Is he all talk or has any woman come out and said he touched her inappropriately?

Multiple women have come forward. Jill Harth, for one, that I can think of off the top of my head. Ivana said he raped her. Violently. There is also the lawsuit about him raping the 13-year-old girl but since it hasn't come to trial yet and she's anonymous, I don't give it too much merit at this time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-groper-in-chief.html?_r=0

Ivana actually issued a statement that clarified her original statements of rape. She said she felt "violated" by him in the sense that when they were intimate, it was void of the usual emotion. She claimed that she was not raped in the criminal sense.
I'm not sure that I believe her, but thought it was worthy of posting. I think someone else posted something in another thread about him potentially sexually assaulting a 13 year-old girl, but I have not heard any follow-up on that one.

I read that in her written testimony that she stated the Donald ripped her hair out while forcing her..

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1476290116|4086170 said:

Vote for Clinton.

Again, I don't think any one should tell any one else how to vote.
Are you seriously recommending that I should hold Trump accountable for his actions/words by not voting for him, but the same shouldn't apply to Hillary :confused:
I don't support and/or agree with things that Hillary has said and done and I don't think she is the "better" candidate. I am holding her accountable by not voting for her.
You can choose to vote for whichever candidate you prefer, kenny, but please don't tell me who to vote for. I am an adult and can make my own choices.

Aww come on now. You asked a question and he answered with a suggestion based on his belief of what is the better option not a directive.

Exercise some critical thinking here -- various polls show that 1 in 3 people are still voting for the cheeto. Nonvoters and 3rd party voters may bump that number up to 2 of 3 and the evangelical base STILL plans on voting for him regardless of what their high level leaders think which puts a different spin on things because we could very well go into "it's a tie" territory. None of the reasons used by those who won't vote for Hillary pass muster at such a vulnerable time in the global scheme of things. As much as I loathe the idea of business as usual under a Clinton administration, I take comfort that she won't push the big red button of nuclear destruction because someone says her hands are too small. And she's savvy enough to appoint a moderate to the Supreme Court which means chastity belts may be in fashion for the next 4 years but we won't be forced to wear them. Those who won't vote for Hillary are saying that it's perfectly fine to accept, as Leonard Pitts stated in his column today "a sentient tower of excrement in a red power tie" as leader of this nation. Ya'll must be so proud.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results