carat
color
clarity

Trump brags, "I 'inspected' nude Miss Universe contestants"

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Trump brags, "I 'inspected' nude Miss Universe contestan

Your attempt to dismiss me with a silly pic is offensive.....

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

redwood66|1476217878|4085818 said:
kenny|1476216674|4085788 said:
momhappy|1476216169|4085779 said:
Again, it is a big deal and I never said we should accept it.
What I said was, in my personal opinion, I don't think he's the only guy on the planet to ever say ugly, nasty, gross things about women. I'm not saying it's common "locker room" talk either. It's unusual (and disturbing) dialogue, but it's not something that rocked my world (knowing who he is, how he talks, etc.).

I'm not sure you understand how you are coming across.
You are dismissing something that you should not be dismissing.

How bout this?
Let's plug another bad thing into your post ...

Yeah, people get murdered everyday.
In my personal opinion, I don't think he's the only guy on the planet to ever murder someone.
I'm not saying murder is common either.
It's unusual (and disturbing) behavior, but it's not something that rocked my world (knowing who murderers are, etc.).

And you are equating murder with stupid disgusting language? No one condoned or dismissed anything in this thread.

Yes. He is saying murder is equal to bad language. Critical thinking folks.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is all about perception and obviously kenny and others are perceiving that people are being dismissive about stupid disgusting comments.

Thankfully when it comes to the law you can't just "plug in another bad thing" in order to prosecute.

ETA - Just because someone doesn't get twisted up on a forum about something does not equate condoning that action. The same 5 people seem to come to these threads to bully the same 5 people who don't post exactly in agreement with them. Bully for you!

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

redwood66|1476218418|4085824 said:
This is all about perception and obviously kenny and others are perceiving that people are being dismissive about stupid disgusting comments.

Thankfully when it comes to the law you can't just "plug in another bad thing" in order to prosecute.
What are you talking about? Giving another example of how brushing off bad things doesn't work = Kenny wanting trump prosecuted for murder?

You have proved a point. I don't think it is the one you intended.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You don't seem to understand that no one is brushing anything off. Realizing that there are many idiots in the world who do these same things is not brushing anything off.

Trump is terrible. Maybe we should take him out with a drone.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And you are equating murder with stupid disgusting language? No one condoned or dismissed anything in this thread.

I think what Kenny's getting at is the difference between saying "Given half a chance I'd kill so-and-so!" and "I killed so-and-so."

It's a rather big difference, actually...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-4/14673402_1201401899920550_8663311926408773632_n.mp4?efg=eyJxZSI6IndlYl9kYXNoX2JhY2t0ZXN0XzIwMTZoMSxub19kYXNoIiwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJzdmVfc2QifQ%3D%3D&oh=154e30cb2eb18e0c869af59dbfdb9f58&oe=57FD7E0E

I'd say it's true that most men don't talk about doing things to a woman against her will.

I think most men can and do say a lot of nasty and vile and dirty things they want to do to women when they're with their buds - just like women can about men, or people of the same sex, or whatever - but normally it's not describing acts against their will. That does cross a different line.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And what others are saying is that in the grand scheme of things in this election, this is number 163 on the list, for me anyway.

And I am sorry for our children in this day and age when MILF is a widely known acronym. Not quite a becoming term for mothers or women but it sure is used regularly.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sstephensid|1476218387|4085823 said:
kenny|1476216674|4085788 said:
momhappy|1476216169|4085779 said:
Again, it is a big deal and I never said we should accept it.
What I said was, in my personal opinion, I don't think he's the only guy on the planet to ever say ugly, nasty, gross things about women. I'm not saying it's common "locker room" talk either. It's unusual (and disturbing) dialogue, but it's not something that rocked my world (knowing who he is, how he talks, etc.).

I'm not sure you understand how you are coming across.
You are dismissing something that you should not be dismissing.

How bout this?
Let's plug another bad thing into your post ...

Yeah, people get murdered everyday.
In my personal opinion, I don't think he's the only guy on the planet to ever murder someone.
I'm not saying murder is common either.
It's unusual (and disturbing) behavior, but it's not something that rocked my world (knowing who murderers are, etc.).

Yes. He is saying murder is equal to bad language. Critical thinking folks.
:roll: :lol: :roll:
All I can muster up is a facepalm pic.

facepalm.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny you are the one deciding what is dismissive. Hence my comment about perception. Perceive away.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

but normally it's not describing acts against their will. That does cross a different line.

MO you can say anything you wan among friends, as long as you do not act on it.

But the difference for me is when he said it - 11 years ago as a private citizen when he expected an element of privacy and now as a public official where everything you say and do is subject to scrutiny.

In other words, does he still feel this way?

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476220173|4085842 said:
And what others are saying is that in the grand scheme of things in this election, this is number 163 on the list, for me anyway.

And I am sorry for our children in this day and age when MILF is a widely known acronym. Not quite a becoming term for mothers or women but it sure is used regularly.

Holy crap redwood! We agree on something (I think) and it's related to politics! Hell hath frozen over. :lol:

The only thing about this sh*t-talk-on-the-bus leaked video that I found surprising was that THIS is what seems to have put people, and especially Republican party leaders, over the edge. Freakin' really???? This is a man who discusses his own daughter's sexual attractiveness on the airwaves. And not just once. He let Howard Stern refer to her as "piece of ass."

Where was the disgust and indignation from leading Republicans when Trump:

-denied that Cain was a war hero
-called Mexicans rapists
-cruelly mocked a disabled reporter
-asserted that Judge Curiel would not be fair, thus denigrating not only the judge but our entire judicial system

and that's not even all of it!

The Republican party needs to fix itself. The leaders didn't condemn Trump early on because they feared retribution from their base - the people that voted Trump in as the nominee. Now they have decided to condemn because they figure Trump is a lost cause anyway and they fear losing votes from the rational repubs, independents and democrats who don't vote on party lines.

The underlying problem is that Trump didn't create this base of supporters, he catered to them. If it wasn't him, it would be some other crass, sexist, xenophobe.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1476220879|4085848 said:
but normally it's not describing acts against their will. That does cross a different line.

But the difference for me is when he said it - 11 years ago as a private citizen when he expected an element of privacy and now as a public official where everything you say and do is subject to scrutiny.

ruby I thought you were going to start using the quote system ::) not picking on you it's just so much more difficult to notice things this way. Hope you don't mind I'm reminding you.

I do agree with you that if you don't act on something you don't act on something.

I guess my point is that that the likelihood of someone saying those things and not having done them is low. (I have no scientific basis for saying that, just gut.)

And if you (meaning Trump) think that's OK bragging, I think it does say something about how you think that is different than just saying vile and nasty things.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked to hear any man say nasty and vile things but I would be shocked to hear most men say they did things to women without their consent. Or want to do things to women without their consent.

I do also understand your point re: private citizen versus public office. But again, if that's what you think is OK bragging...it still says something about you, whether you're found out or not, scrutinized or not...

But yes, if this all WAS only talk, and he never actually did any of these things...yeah, not as bad as having actually done them, of course.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

i don't want to be a jerk....

SMC

Ideal_Rock

He's been accused of acting on it too: http://fusion.net/story/328522/donald-trump-accused-rape-sexual-assault/

But innocent until proven guilty, right?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maria D|1476222101|4085852 said:
Holy crap redwood! We agree on something (I think) and it's related to politics! Hell hath frozen over. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Now that is funny!

E B

Ideal_Rock

The underlying problem is that Trump didn't create this base of supporters, he catered to them. If it wasn't him, it would be some other crass, sexist, xenophobe.

Bingo. And they'll make the same mistake four years from now. Despite the post-mortems, the takeaway seems to be go MORE conservative. Although this time, Trump was more of a wild card with lots of conservative promises despite a pretty liberal past. I mean, where DO they go from here?

I was discussing this with my father last night. In regards to social issues especially, they need to start moving to the center, and quickly. They will lose a huge chunk of their base with the Boomers and each generation is more and more tolerant- of sexuality, of race, of religion (or lack thereof). Equality in general. There's a huge difference between just my mother's (Boomer) generation, and mine (Gen Y) in terms of general social tolerance.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

E B|1476222452|4085858 said:

Bingo. And they'll make the same mistake four years from now. Despite the post-mortems, the takeaway seems to be go MORE conservative. Although this time, Trump was more of a wild card with lots of conservative promises despite a pretty liberal past. I mean, where DO they go from here?

I was discussing this with my father last night. In regards to social issues especially, they need to start moving to the center, and quickly. They will lose a huge chunk of their base with the Boomers and each generation is more and more tolerant- of sexuality, of race, of religion (or lack thereof). Equality in general. There's a huge difference between just my mother's (Boomer) generation, and mine (Gen Y) in terms of general social tolerance.

... but but but, accepting equality means giving up superiority.

People like being superior and have got away with it for a long long time.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

Anything? If it gets leaked, we should ignore it, no matter the content? And Donald is a billionaire businessman, reality star, and otherwise famous. He has been in front of the camera, his choice, for years and years. He was making an appearance WHILE THIS HAPPENED! He was wearing a mic. I don't know how "private" he can really expect to be.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sstephensid|1476223604|4085870 said:

Anything? If it gets leaked, we should ignore it, no matter the content? And Donald is a billionaire businessman, reality star, and otherwise famous. He has been in front of the camera, his choice, for years and years. He was making an appearance WHILE THIS HAPPENED! He was wearing a mic. I don't know how "private" he can really expect to be.

You know what KILLS me about the argument that it's locker room talk and people can say whatever they want? They're the same people who scream "entitlement" about welfare and food stamps. If Donald Trump isn't the very embodiment of entitlement, I don't know who is. I'm sure it's hard to see that double standard when you can't see past the nose on your face, though.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Monnie I am not sure if you are talking about Republicans or PS posters?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476225184|4085882 said:

People in general; although there are definitely some posters here (not necessarily participating in this thread) who, in my opinion, seem to have that double standard.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64|1476226664|4085890 said:
redwood66|1476225184|4085882 said:

People in general; although there are definitely some posters here (not necessarily participating in this thread) who, in my opinion, seem to have that double standard.

Gotcha. I don't I see Trump as entitled or rather understand your position as comparing it to welfare and food stamps. This is not meant to be inflammatory either. Just to understand.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

monarch64|1476224647|4085880 said:
sstephensid|1476223604|4085870 said:

You know what KILLS me about the argument that it's locker room talk and people can say whatever they want? They're the same people who scream "entitlement" about welfare and food stamps. If Donald Trump isn't the very embodiment of entitlement, I don't know who is. I'm sure it's hard to see that double standard when you can't see past the nose on your face, though.

I believe you are talking about posters here, probably me and DF. And yes, I do not appreciate having to pay for able bodied people who are too lazy to work, as the money is coming out of my pocket.

As far as Donald Trump, his potty mouth does not cost me anything. And his taking advantage of the tax codes, I blame those in charge who wrote them, thereby allowing him to take advantage of it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1476228339|4085905 said:

I believe you are talking about posters here, probably me and DF. And yes, I do not appreciate having to pay for able bodied people who are too lazy to work, as the money is coming out of my pocket.

As far as Donald Trump, his potty mouth does not cost me anything. And his taking advantage of the tax codes, I blame those in charge who wrote them, thereby allowing him to take advantage of it.[/quote]

Exactly!... :appl:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Time to break out some baby boomer memes! :lol:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Also, and not to pick on anyone specifically because it's not just on PS but can we please stop calling it "potty talk"?

A. We're not 2 years old
B. It's called sexual assault

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1476237188|4085974 said:
Also, and not to pick on anyone specifically because it's not just on PS but can we please stop calling it "potty talk"?

A. We're not 2 years old
B. It's called sexual assault
Most of the Dems. here act like they are 2 yrs old... :lol:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

How many times does he have to show us who he is before we start believing him.

Of course he still feels this way. He continues to shame women based on looks. So what if he hasn't talked about assaulting anyone since he started running. Maybe he is dialing it back a bit for the election? Who knows.

His I'm-special-and-the-rules-don't-apply-to-me attitude is so freaking obvious. He isn't running for president to serve the American people. He is running for president to further his own interests. He's running as a Republican because it's easier. That's all there is too it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1476228339|4085905 said:
As far as Donald Trump, his potty mouth does not cost me anything. And his taking advantage of the tax codes, I blame those in charge who wrote them, thereby allowing him to take advantage of it.

I'm sorry, but are you serious about this?! I can't even express how messed up this line of thinking is. He LITERALLY DESCRIBED COMMITTING SEXUAL ASSAULT! That isn't a "potty mouth", that's a CRIME. And "doesn't cost me anything" is an equally horrible statement. That's like me saying "racism doesn't cost me anything" because I"m white, or that people discussing hurting LGBT people doesn't cost me anything because I am a heterosexual. It's incredibly selfish and short-sighted. I would like to think you probably didn't mean it that way, but you should be aware of how this comes across and potentially be more careful before you say things like that. I typically don't directly criticize people on this forum, but as a victim of assault/rape I just can't keep quiet on this one. :angryfire:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results