shape
carat
color
clarity

Three RH Amethyst Briolettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you szh07, TL, Ellen, and LtlFirecracker. I''m not quite sure how they are going to end up either.
9.gif

I have an appointment with the designer for later this week. Excited.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Update on my project - I had my appointment with designer T Lee today. We decided on a simple gold chain for the larger amethyst briolette, and a second longer chain for the two smaller briolettes. The smaller briolettes will hang at different lengths on the chain. The two smaller briolettes will be detachable and wearable on small gold huggies as earring drops. The necklace chain lengths will be adjusted so they will be wearable together as a set. We are waiting for the findings to arrive next week before doing this fitting.

I also checked out what other briolettes she had in stock that might work as drops for the earrings or on the second chain (or on the first chain, for that matter). I fell in love with these simple blue chalcedony briolettes, and I have them on layaway for the time being. The photo shows them a bit greener than they appear to me in real life. Perhaps because there is a lot of yellow in the lighting in the shop.

BlueAme6280.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Alone.

BlueChalcedony6279.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
All of the stones together. My thought is that often I wear darker fabrics, especially in the winter, and the blue chalcedony will help make the necklace pop.

BlueAme6281.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea for the detachable earrings. I see you''ve been busy at the shop, picking up that watery looking chalcedony.
31.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 9:48:44 PM
Author: Chrono
Great idea for the detachable earrings. I see you've been busy at the shop, picking up that watery looking chalcedony.
31.gif
Detachable earrings, and I can mix and match different drops with the necklace(s). The chalcedony do kind of remind one of Aruba, don't they?
9.gif

462_150_aruba_ocean3.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Sounds really neat Fly Girl! I love the idea of the smaller briolettes as a necklace and earring charms. So will you have small rings at certain intervals on a chain for the briolettes? Can''t wait to see how it all turns out.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 12:16:13 AM
Author: cellentani
Sounds really neat Fly Girl! I love the idea of the smaller briolettes as a necklace and earring charms. So will you have small rings at certain intervals on a chain for the briolettes? Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
Thank you, cellentani. The longer chain will have a small ring inserted and two short pieces of chain of different lengths extending from it with tiny clasps at the ends for attaching the briolette charms. We wanted a lariet style, but I didn't want to risk having the amethyst briolettes bumping into each other while wearing the necklace. I think that this work, and have a similar look. We spent some time yesterday looking at the catalog for different styles of small clasps. The designer is ordering in three different types for us to review. I plan to go in and take a look in about a week.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a visual. Picture the lengths of chain holding the drops a bit shorter and of different lengths so the briolettes don''t bump.

3112FTHDSRL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 10:35:11 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Here is a visual. Picture the lengths of chain holding the drops a bit shorter and of different lengths so the briolettes don''t bump.
I like it!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 10:38:07 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 6/19/2009 10:35:11 AM
I like it!!
9.gif
Thanks, Ellen!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s really pretty.
9.gif
Yellow gold too, right?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s such a cool idea and I love the chalcedony drops!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the visual, FlyGirl - that and the lariat description helped a lot! Now that I have a clearer picture, I''m loving your project even more - it might even be my favorite of yours. The larger briolette will be on a completely different necklace, right?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Chrono - Thanks. Yes, 14k yellow gold for the necklace. I love yellow and purple together, and fortunately I can wear either yellow or white metals equally well. The tricky part will be inserting the little wires through the holes in the briolettes and welding to the little caps. Often briolettes are drilled from the top and the wires are glued in. But, no epoxy for RH stones!
3.gif

Catmom - Thanks. The designer had two sets of chalcedony drops and this pair was definitely deeper and clearer in color. You guys are making me a lot more picky than I used to be.
2.gif

cellentani - I hope it turns out well and the final result is pleasing. Yes, the larger briolette will be on a separate chain, probably a regular 18" 2mm curb. The longer second chain will begin as a 24" 2 mm curb that the designer shortens to about 21 inches and uses the extra chain to hang the two smaller drops from. Initially we tried putting everything on one chain, but it was going to involve a lot of hardware. This way, I can wear one, or both chains, or earrings, or whatever takes my fancy that day. We thought about adding small diamond accents, but decided to go for the simple look. More my style, anyway. And, if it doesn''t look good, we''ll figure out something else.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Instead of soldering., could the wires be riveted to the cap? I don''t like the idea of soldering near coloured stones.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 12:17:34 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Instead of soldering., could the wires be riveted to the cap? I don''t like the idea of soldering near coloured stones.
She has a laser welder, Lady_Disdain. Should be fine.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Update on the project: I went in today and took a look at the findings to clip the two smaller briolettes to the ends of the longer chain. The tinest clip worked great and will blend in beatifully with the chain. The best part is that it costs only $17 compared to $58 for the larger sizes. We looked at the caps for the drops, and I placed an order to have the two blue chalcedony made into drops. I picked up the gold huggies and am wearing them right now without any drops. I haven''t worn huggies in like forever (o.k., make it decades instead
20.gif
) and I''m finding them to be very comfortable and cute. The rest of the project should be ready by the end of July.

The designer is keeping my briolettes in her safe, so it was great to visit with them again today. Man, are those ever gorgeous and well-cut amethysts!
3.gif
It was nice to see them in real life. I''m in love again.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear the project is going well! End of July - really?? Is she backed up with other work, or will it really take that long? I''m the kind of person who gets a setting in the mail and is driving off to my jeweler within the hour, lol. I guess she did have to order some parts, though. We''ll be waiting with you...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 10:55:23 PM
Glad to hear the project is going well! End of July - really?? Is she backed up with other work, or will it really take that long? I''m the kind of person who gets a setting in the mail and is driving off to my jeweler within the hour, lol. I guess she did have to order some parts, though. We''ll be waiting with you...
Yes, there are more parts to order, and she is keeping busy. I was discussing the economy with her, and she says that custom jewelers like her seem to be doing better than regular retail jewelers. She did indicate today that things might be done sooner than the end of July, though. That would be nice.
1.gif

She also said to her shop manager that they should make a second set of chains for the shop. She likes how the design is going and thinks it could be popular with other customers. That also made me feel good.
1.gif
Currently she sells a lot of colored gemstone drops on huggies for earrings, so the chain would work well with her current line.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 11:03:43 PM
Yes, there are more parts to order, and she is keeping busy. I was discussing the economy with her, and she says that custom jewelers like her seem to be doing better than regular retail jewelers. She did indicate today that things might be done sooner than the end of July, though. That would be nice.
1.gif

She also said to her shop manager that they should make a second set of chains for the shop. She likes how the design is going and thinks it could be popular with other customers. That also made me feel good.
1.gif
Currently she sells a lot of colored gemstone drops on huggies for earrings, so the chain would work well with her current line.
Ooooh, really? I''ve been wanting some earring charms - does she have a website?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 11:13:51 PM

Date: 6/26/2009 11:03:43 PM
1.gif

1.gif
Ooooh, really? I''ve been wanting some earring charms - does she have a website?
Here is her website. Link She does mostly custom work, but I happen to know that there are a lovely pair of lemon citrine earring drops (approx. 1" long and polished smooth) in the shop right now. I was wearing them today.
9.gif
You''ll recognize a lot of Richard Homer stones. There is a picture of his blue topaz snowflake set into a pendant.
3.gif
She told me that she has set a lot of those.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Fly girl- So glad the project is going well. I am loving your ideas. Hope end of July arrives soon for you
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it''s only a few weeks to go and it''s going to be lovely.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Just thought about you Fly Girl. It''s July 18th - can''t be too much longer now.
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 11:54:39 AM
Just thought about you Fly Girl. It''s July 18th - can''t be too much longer now.
9.gif

Oohhhhhhh you are right cellentani!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 11:54:39 AM
Just thought about you Fly Girl. It's July 18th - can't be too much longer now.
9.gif
I've been thinking about that project lately, too. I'm hoping for a call next week....

Thanks for asking, cellentani and icekid.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just checking in, to see if you had these done yet
1.gif
. How exciting! almost there yay!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh...it''s almost time that it''s ready!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait to see this. Sounds so cool !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results