shape
carat
color
clarity

Three RH Amethyst Briolettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I recently attended my second Richard Homer gemstone roundtable, and this time I did not walk away empty-handed.
3.gif
At the last roundtable I went to abou 18 months ago, I loved an amethyst briolette, but it sold before I could purchase it.
8.gif
This time, Richard asked if there were any stones in particular people wanted to see, and I requested an amethyst briolette. He did not disappoint. There were the last stones Richard brought out that evening, and I ended up getting all three. A matching pair of two weighing a total of 10.17 cttw, measuring 14.9 x 7.5 mm, and a single stone of 6.05 ct, measuring 17.2 x 7.7 mm. All stones are Portuguese Briolette rounds with a transverse, chamfered drill hole for easy setting.

I''m thinking of an earring/pendant suite, but other setting ideas would be appreciated. I intend to make an appointment with the local designer soon.

First off, the three stones in the box.

RHAme5874.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hanging out on my couch. Sunlight is coming in from the window across the room.

RHAme6014.JPG

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yummy! I love briolletes. I really want a pair of diamond briollete dangle earrings...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Mixed lighting. I added the Reveal lamp next to the couch to the sunlight from the window.

RHAme6012.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
More Reveal lighting than sunlight.

RHAme6017.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A collage of the largest stone in different lighting.

RHAmeX6.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
One of the little guys in my hand.

RHAme5897.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Again.

RHAme5911.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 8:42:02 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Yummy! I love briolletes. I really want a pair of diamond briollete dangle earrings...
Oh yeah!!!! So would I! The flash would be amazing.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
OH SO JEALOUS of the RH round table. That must be such an experience!

The stones are gorgeous! I''ve always liked briolettes
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I found these really interesting to photograph. It''s like sometimes they look really dark, and sometimes they don''t. A lot of time they photograph bluer than they appear to me in person. I love the purple glow from the light passing through the stones. Now, when I see amethyst photos, I''m not quite sure what to make of them. The stone can vary so much in color.

RHAme5934.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 8:53:21 PM
Author: icekid
OH SO JEALOUS of the RH round table. That must be such an experience!

The stones are gorgeous! I've always liked briolettes
30.gif
Thanks icekid. The RH round table is a wonderful event. Seeing over 100 of his awesome stones in person, and holding them, well, it makes for an amazing evening.

Last time he had an awesome citrine briolette as well, with fantastic red flashes. I was afraid to ask about whether he had any this time. I might have ended up with way too many stones!
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow - I can''t imagine being at that roundtable, what a fantastic evening!! I love briolettes too, and have thought about snagging some cheap ones on eBay - can''t wait to see how your project turns out! And at the roundtable, are the prices about what you''d expect? Just curious (well, okay, nosey).

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Great color on those. Glad you got those!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 9:05:35 PM
Author: cellentani
Wow - I can''t imagine being at that roundtable, what a fantastic evening!! I love briolettes too, and have thought about snagging some cheap ones on eBay - can''t wait to see how your project turns out! And at the roundtable, are the prices about what you''d expect? Just curious (well, okay, nosey).
cellentani - You can check out Richard''s prices at his website Link. They aren''t cheap, but you are paying for nice material and a first class cutter.

He had a top, top colored blue sapphire that I would have snagged, if I had an extra $5,600 in my pocket. The thing is, when the stones are sitting right in front of you, you can see why some cost more than others do. The sapphires that cost half as much, well, the color just wasn''t quite as special.

I''ve been holding out for some nice amethyst. I certainly hope that these fit the bill.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 9:18:03 PM
Author: amethystguy
Great color on those. Glad you got those!!!
Thanks, amguy! I was hoping they had a nice color.
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic stones, sooooo jealous with the roundtable.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Those briolettes are so pretty! You should end up with some great jewelry. I would love to go to a RH roundtable. He lives in Ohio, as do I and of course he never does them here.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If you''re into fancier looking jewellery (and have a healthy budget) I''d set them all in a necklace, with maybe some diamond pave above the drops. They could also look great in a pendant/brooch. But if earrings are your things, do go for it.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
They''re so pretty! I love amethysts and I think an earring/pendant suite would look great with these lovely briolettes!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They''re gorgeous and a nice size.
12.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A RH roundtable! You are a lucky gal. I get the invites but I’m too far away with too many commitments. You can do earrings and a pendant or you can do a really fabulous pendant. Maybe something fancy like a lasso style with all 3 briolettes or an interchangeable pendant/brooch with all 3 stones.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous and I think they would be fabulous in an earring/pendant set. Then all you would need is a bracelet and a ring......tee hee!
31.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks D&T, Cind11, ma re, AdiS, LG, Chrono, and Catmom. Before I left the roundtable, I asked Richard about a matching ring stone. He said he had them and would be able to get me one that would look great with the briolettes when I was ready (maybe for next year''s project???).
3.gif

I also spoke to the designer about the possibility of a lasso style necklace where I could wear all three stones, but have the option of removing the two smaller ones to hang on hoops for earrings. She said she hasn''t done that exact sort of thing, but welcomes the challenge and would be thinking about that. So, it should be a possibility. I''ve just got to see what it would look like in her sketches.

And, Catmom, I''d love a bracelet as well. I don''t think it will happen soon, but who knows?
28.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! And I''m so jealous that you got to see RH stones all in person! *green with envy*

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 10:27:47 AM
Author: Kismet
So pretty! And I''m so jealous that you got to see RH stones all in person! *green with envy*
Thanks, Kismet.

Yes, to anyone who has a chance to attend a Richard Home roundtable, I highly recommend it. There is no pressure to purchase, and the chance to handle his gorgeous stones is very educational, as well as completely thrilling for any colored stone addict.
1.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little late, but I must say that your briolettes are gorgeous! I can''t wait to see the end result. I like the idea of being able to remove them from a necklace and hang then onto hoops; that way, you could wear the necklace (with all 3 briolettes) with studs if you wanted to.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice briolettes. They have a lot of blue in them.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, they are really beautiful!

I have no suggestions, I like surprises.
9.gif
I trust you''ll do something wonderful with them though. Can''t wait to see!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful and would make a great earring/pendant set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results