shape
carat
color
clarity

Thought I would share

Adamo_Pearl

Rough_Rock
Ohhh, I really like the first necklace in the picture. I almost have a hard time believing those are pearls. Even if they are irregular, they look lovely and the colors are superb.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Elam I love contributing to anyones pearl buying :mrgreen: I do have round strands but they no longer float my boat. I really like interesting, different, unique pearls as you can see by some of the pictures I have posted. The Tahitian drop bracelet is really very special. When I first had it made I thought it was really nice but I have only now with much study of pearls realized how very unique and special Jeremy made it for me in his choice of each one of the pearls on it. The picture of the bracelet does not do the pearls justice. The colors do not really show well.

Adamo thank you. The colors are really beautiful in real life and yes they really are real pearls, untreated natural colored pearls.

NacreLover :wavey: thank you for liking my pearls.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl, what an amazing collection! May I ask you about the teal strand on page 1 of this thread? I really like the color have never seen this overtone before unless the pearls were dyed. Was this strand very hard to find? Also, what is the price range on this color - low/high 4 figures or more? TIA.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Baby Monster. Thank you for liking my pearls, I have a lot of fun with them. The teal strand I got from Pearl Paradise in January 2010. All of my pearls are natural color with no treatments. If you are interested in that color email Pearl Paradise with a link to this thread to referance the strand color and they will be able to tell you if they have instock the color you are looking for. They are black body with blue/peacock/green overtones which looks teal and is not rare. (The blue body with peacock overtones are rare and very, very hard to come by in a strand.) The price I paid will be very different now because I bought at the bottom of the pearl market but in checking their site the drop baroque stands all seem to be under 4 figures now. If they have some they will send you pictures so you will be able to choose your color. Most of my pictures have been taken by them for me and the colors a very true to real life. Hope this info helps.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info, 4Ranch Girl. I'll email PP to see if they have something similar. If you ever get tired of some of your strands, hope you'll give fellow PSers first dibs in Preloves PS Jewels forum :D

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
and green body T's with peacockI finally have a neck shot of the blue body Tahitians with the dark green body T's both have peacock overtones. You can actually compare the difference of blue body vs green body T's

7-14-2012_2_15_09_p_mourning-blue__pearlstahitian__2_0.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! What a luscious collection you have. Thanks for sharing.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1342301868|3233969 said:
and green body T's with peacockI finally have a neck shot of the blue body Tahitians with the dark green body T's both have peacock overtones. You can actually compare the difference of blue body vs green body T's

Wow, those are gorgeous :love: . Would love to see closeups :lickout:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster the blue Tahitian strand is on the first page of this thread for a close up. The black body dark green this is the only picture I have of them that has just been taken recently. But were purchase within a month of the blues. And I said I would never post a neck shot. I guess the lesson here is never say never. LOL

GemFever thank you!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
My new white metallics from the Pearl Paradise 2012 Ruckus. They are 8 to 8.5 metallic white Freshwater.

pgp_12_p_007.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
A good lesson is to never say never. I can't believe I bought Natural untreated color Vietnamese Akoya. I have never been a fan of Akoya. I remember seeing a friends strand thought ok they were nice but they were over the moon expensive to much so for me. Well, at PP last weekend I saw these and had them string up a double strand and I am in love. Oh and they look perfect when worn with the natural blue with rose overtone I bought a couple of years ago from PP. They are afforadable now. Glad I waited.

pgp_12_p_008.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
A 100 inch strand of Freshwaters from PP. My go to rope.

pgp_12_p_009.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I am in love with this necklace. I love that the colos are natural with no enhancement. I have posted it before but here are some glamor shots taken this weekend in all it's glory finished. During the winter I wear the large green drop to the front and summer I wear the silver drop to the front.

pgp_12_p_010.jpg

pgp_12_p_011.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:love: :love: :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Glamor shot of the silver Tahitians with aqua and rose overtones. Had the picture taken at Pearl Paradise 2012 Ruckus. Each year I have these I love them more. Now I seem to be wearing them with a large blue topaz enhancer or in a rope. I will post that pic soon. Pearls from Pearl Paradise.

pgp_12_p_017.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
These are my mourning strand of dark green body with peacock overtones. The luster is better in real life. I should have given them a bath before their beauty shot. I wore them for one year every day and the ones I wear with the blues.

pgp_12_p_018.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1343170851|3239324 said:
My new white metallics from the Pearl Paradise 2012 Ruckus. They are 8 to 8.5 metallic white Freshwater.

Wowwee pretty :love: ! Now that we know that your neck is perfectly lovely, can we get some neck shots? :bigsmile:

How do you wear the 100" strand? My mom gave me a 96" FW strand and I'm still trying to figure out how to wear it. So far I came up with tripling or twisting 4 layers into a torsade(?). Double seems kinda long. DH said I look like I'm 80 years old and did not mean it as a compliment. I see nothing wrong with looking 80, hope to get there one day.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
BabyMonster now you can see my large pores. :mrgreen:

This is how I wear my anniversery strands that is posted on the first page of this thread. I have now figured out how to make a torsade with the silver T strand. Matching drops.

torsade_edited-1.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
pores? what pores! i see a lovely neck with a most wonderous number of pearls!

your collection is to die for, 4RanchGirl!

i so love that picture: until i saw that this morning, i thought women of our age should not wear pearls up close to the face. you have once again proven me wrong.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1343224422|3239655 said:
4Ranch Girl|1343170851|3239324 said:

Wowwee pretty :love: ! Now that we know that your neck is perfectly lovely, can we get some neck shots? :bigsmile:

How do you wear the 100" strand? My mom gave me a 96" FW strand and I'm still trying to figure out how to wear it. So far I came up with tripling or twisting 4 layers into a torsade(?). Double seems kinda long. DH said I look like I'm 80 years old and did not mean it as a compliment. I see nothing wrong with looking 80, hope to get there one day.

I wear it several ways first is wraped 4 times two times close to the neck (but not choker close) and two longer spaced out. I saw Selma Heyak (sp) wear it this way on an interview show. The next way I wrap 4 times the same length. Or three times 2 longer strands with the third higher tied with a knot. Enjoy your stand.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
You have a fabulous collection... and such beautiful additions to the collection!

I have been contemplating some silvery tahitians with similar overtones. Do you think they would suit a fair skin tone? Yours are so lovely!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Icekid yes they would be beautiful on you. I am light olive skin. NacreLove is a beautiful fairskined blond and she just bought a strand like my light bulbs white silver/blue overtone south seas. If you are wanting some call PP now because J just got a shipment in from Atlas pearls that are tdf. Do not email CALL that is the best way then they can send you pictures and then follow up with CALLS.

Thank you for enjoying my pearls they are beautiful and I really enjoy wearing them.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1343250857|3239995 said:
Icekid yes they would be beautiful on you. I am light olive skin. NacreLove is a beautiful fairskined blond and she just bought a strand like my light bulbs white silver/blue overtone south seas. If you are wanting some call PP now because J just got a shipment in from Atlas pearls that are tdf. Do not email CALL that is the best way then they can send you pictures and then follow up with CALLS.

Thank you for enjoying my pearls they are beautiful and I really enjoy wearing them.

Okay, I will call them! (after my board exams are over in a few days :appl: )

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1343230634|3239718 said:
[I wear it several ways first is wraped 4 times two times close to the neck (but not choker close) and two longer spaced out. I saw Selma Heyak (sp) wear it this way on an interview show. The next way I wrap 4 times the same length. Or three times 2 longer strands with the third higher tied with a knot. Enjoy your stand.

Thanks. Do you ever use a brooch or pin to hold the strands in place? I've seen that in some old pictures but not sure if anyone still wears that look. Also, does twisting the strands into a torsade damage pearls?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the additional photos of your wonderful pearls, 4Ranch Girl. You have a stunning collection of pearls, chosen with care. Your collection is an inspiration to me.

Lovely pearls beautifully worn by a lovely lady. :))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1343489868|3242013 said:
4Ranch Girl|1343230634|3239718 said:
[I wear it several ways first is wraped 4 times two times close to the neck (but not choker close) and two longer spaced out. I saw Selma Heyak (sp) wear it this way on an interview show. The next way I wrap 4 times the same length. Or three times 2 longer strands with the third higher tied with a knot. Enjoy your stand.

Thanks. Do you ever use a brooch or pin to hold the strands in place? I've seen that in some old pictures but not sure if anyone still wears that look. Also, does twisting the strands into a torsade damage pearls?

I have not notices any damage to the pearls when twisted into a torsade because it is pearl on pearl. Hmmm never tried using a broach but I might get out some of my vintage ones and try that next. Thanks for the inspiration.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1343513357|3242214 said:
Thank you so much for the additional photos of your wonderful pearls, 4Ranch Girl. You have a stunning collection of pearls, chosen with care. Your collection is an inspiration to me.

Lovely pearls beautifully worn by a lovely lady. :))
Fly Girl you are so sweet. I have two new beauties yet to post which I will do when my friend send the pictures. You have terrific pearls too.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Another of my treasures. I loved it from the first moment I laid eyes on it. Never dreaming it could be mine. A Hippocampus from a good friend and talented artist. See her other creations here http://www.etsy.com/shop/jurnecka

I have an opera length gold metallic pearl necklace that I will wear with this pendent. The pearls really complement each other.

pgp_12_p_014.jpg

pgp_12_p_013.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The special pearl enhancer from Sarah at Kojima worn on strand of white metallics

dscf9246metallicand_sarah_enhancer.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1343667787|3242993 said:
Another of my treasures. I loved it from the first moment I laid eyes on it. Never dreaming it could be mine. A Hippocampus from a good friend and talented artist. See her other creations here http://www.etsy.com/shop/jurnecka

I have an opera length gold metallic pearl necklace that I will wear with this pendent. The pearls really complement each other.

What a wonderful piece! How unusual and exotic. It must truly be a delight to look at and wear.

I agree with your comment about how unusual pearls are more interesting. Thank you for sharing this amazing piece. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results