shape
carat
color
clarity

This isn''t April Fool''s...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, it''s beautiful! I love all the amazing details/thought that you put into it, it''s completely an expression of YOU! :)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the new pictures! I love the side view and the melee. The rubies are very cool and I love what they represent. Enjoy!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra, WOW!!! This is one WELL thought out ring!!! The details, symbolism and design are magnificent!!!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad that you are finally enjoying your ring (and diamond). I''m enjoying the pics.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Oh...MY...GAWD!! That is absolutely STUNNING...its just GORGEOUS! Im....i''m...at a loss for words!!!! All I can do is....
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been out of town and look what I''ve missed! Cehra I am SO happy for you!!! Your ring is incredible. The design is so elegant and has such special and unique touches. I love the fact that the ring holds its own and can be worn all by itself. And is so romantic that your hubby presented it to you at sunset on the beach! I know you have been through a lot getting this done, but the end result was worth all of the time and aggravation.

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cehra! Just wanted to say how much I love your ring and to let you know that I''ve learned so much about cushions by reading your posts on this forum!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! A girl goes away for a month and PAAN! - look what she misses!
31.gif
31.gif

Cehra! Congrats! This is HUGE :) I know that you have patiently waded through this process, and from the bottom of my heart - it was worth it!!!

I particularly love the side profile and how you respected the large facet patterns when deciding how to set the claws.

36.gif
Unbelievable
36.gif
...and very unique....

I''m thrilled for you to start enjoying your ''gem'' of a stone.

Thanks for sharing!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is spectacular! The stone, the design, the rubies, everything! Congrats on finally getting it! Wear it in good health.
5.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so beautiful, and I love the rubies. It''s like having another ring by spinning it around. And of course your stone is so gorgeous it goes without saying. Fabulous.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Love the pics. I really love the rubies. The design is so unique. I can''t stop raving about it.
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 7:11:49 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Love the pics. I really love the rubies. The design is so unique. I can''t stop raving about it.
36.gif
:) Thank you GG I really love it - there''s always something new to see and the design will last me ''till I croak :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 4:13:04 PM
Author: Wink
Thank you for sharing so completely the work that you and Ocean did. It was nice to see the ring from so many different angles and in so many different lights.

Wink
thank you wink :) Hope you''re having a great long weekend!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 12:36:24 AM
Author: whatmeworry
I''m glad that you are finally enjoying your ring (and diamond). I''m enjoying the pics.
I really am. You know - I really am :) It is so nice to have it be there all the time and FORGET about it and then remember it or catch a glimpse and smile. For so long it was pending and unreal and before that it was a loose stone that was like a horrendously vulnerable pebble. It is so comfortable I forget its on. I notice it stays cleaner WAY better than unset and the personality of the stone is different since it is set. It has less of that colorful environmental thing going but is more brilliant. Interesting! Instead of pulling in skin and clothing colors like it did (it still does but not as much) it pulls light and mirroed reflections of platinum. The scintillation is improved because of this setting and the brilliance... I miss the peachy colorfulness but it''s a tradeoff because in most ways this looks better now :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 11:22:52 AM
Author: Sundial
I''ve been out of town and look what I''ve missed! Cehra I am SO happy for you!!! Your ring is incredible. The design is so elegant and has such special and unique touches. I love the fact that the ring holds its own and can be worn all by itself. And is so romantic that your hubby presented it to you at sunset on the beach! I know you have been through a lot getting this done, but the end result was worth all of the time and aggravation.
Thank you :) its like giving birth.... all is forgotten LOL!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 1:20:04 PM
Author: lizardofaz
Hi Cehra! Just wanted to say how much I love your ring and to let you know that I''ve learned so much about cushions by reading your posts on this forum!
That''s a wonderful compliment! I think what I''ve learned more than anything about cushions is that there really isn''t a standard and attempting to live by one lets some really great stones slip through :) Well, that is to say if you like more unusual cuts...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 11:49:09 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Good grief! I cannot even be gone for ONE day without missing some major BIG thing on here!!!!
6.gif

Sara!!! Your ring is gorgeous!!
30.gif
Really, I think she got what you were trying to convey! She translated your ideas into reality very well! I am glad to finally see an ''Ocean Pearlman'', and I am sure Gypsy is happy to see a nice example as well!!!

Congratulations, Sara! Glad to see you back, too!!!
36.gif
oh ds - thank you SO much for everything, you''ve been a wonderful support, I''m so glad its done!! It isn''t just the waiting the past year - the waiting for the past sixteen years is over too! Very exciting and such a relief too!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 1:42:02 AM
Author: Selkie
That. Is. Awesome. It''s substantial, sculptural and whimsical all at the same time. It''s really a work of art! Congratulations.

The rubies are such a sweet touch, too. I see a butterfly (kind of obvious) and a sea turtle, and I''m going back now to take another look!
Thank you :) It is substantial LOL over half an ounce! and yes - all of those things!

The first thing I saw was an ant LOL Or the butterfly. Now usually I see a ladybug flying with its hard shell wings open. It is actually none of those things lol - but I like the sea turtle one... :D

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 12:34:10 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wowzers, those pictures are sooo amazing!!!!! Keep em coming if you have time!!! Whoooo Weeeeeee
36.gif
36.gif
I''ll try LOL Its funny because now that it is on my finger I''m pretty content to leave it there and just LIVE. I think my diamond obession is waning but that doesn''t mean I''m not really happy to have this :) Earlier today I wished I had my camera... but I didn''t. You know what is pretty cool - under water! At the pool while I''m swimming laps sometimes I just stop and look at it because the sparkles grab my attention under water LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 12:54:57 PM
Author: jenna_g
I almost never post here...but have lurked for years.

Anyway...I just had to come out of lurkdom to tell you...your ring absolutely kicks a$$.
10.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
(that''s a standing ovation!)

Well done!!!!
Wow, cool!!! Very flattering! Thank you :) Its nice to know that others appreciate it - I know it is entirely against the norm LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 2:27:23 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I never thought I would see the day that this ring was actually finished!

Congrats Cehra - it''s just phenomenal!
30.gif
Thank you :) and :razz:~~~~ LOL Even on the way to the coast I kept thinking, you know... maybe we''ll crash on the way there because I just can''t imagine wearing this ring being my reality LOL But lo and behold here it is! wooooooo!!!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 2:32:02 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
Cehra:
Yes, I can see those confetti sparkles reflected in your ''bowl''. Absolutely beautiful!!!
It just doubles your pleasure doesn''t it?
31.gif

Spakles above and sparkles below!
GORGEOUS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
yes! When the full sun hits it I can''t tell what is diamond and what is mirror - it''s all twinkling with color! And in indoor light I notice it changes the way my stone behaves (see earlier post) as well, very interesting! Thank you so much suzy :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 5:17:26 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
It''s so beautiful, and I love the rubies. It''s like having another ring by spinning it around. And of course your stone is so gorgeous it goes without saying. Fabulous.
thank you :)

My kids were fighting over the rubies LOL I told ocean she could do whatever she wanted - 3 of one stone, two of one and one of the other (like 2 boys and 1 girl) or three entirely different stones in a very whimsical setting. Any shapes she wanted. So my middle son says, "oh that''s mine in the middle" and I said no, that''s Acacia''s, she''s a girl LOL

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/21/2007 4:11:55 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Thank you for sharing so completely the work that you and Ocean did. It was nice to see the ring from so many different angles and in so many different lights.

Wink
Actually we are. Richard Homer and Ocean Rose Pearlman just showed up last evening and tonight and tomorrow we are putting on a trunk show here at one of the local country clubs.

Can''t you just IMAGINE how wonderful it is for me to have two of my HEROS here at the same time and to put on a trunk show with both of their work? They are sitting together in the other room cooking up things to do together over the next few years. I feel a lot like a kid in the candy store, sitting here calling clients to make sure they remember and wanting to press my face up to the glass and listen in to their creative juices as they flow.

Sigh, it will be a GREAT but not nearly long enough weekend!

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2007 5:10:26 PM

Wink
Actually we are. Richard Homer and Ocean Rose Pearlman just showed up last evening and tonight and tomorrow we are putting on a trunk show here at one of the local country clubs.

Can''t you just IMAGINE how wonderful it is for me to have two of my HEROS here at the same time and to put on a trunk show with both of their work? They are sitting together in the other room cooking up things to do together over the next few years. I feel a lot like a kid in the candy store, sitting here calling clients to make sure they remember and wanting to press my face up to the glass and listen in to their creative juices as they flow.

Wink
Well, darn, Wink! Why weren''t we invited to such a fabulous event???
2.gif
I envy all those who can attend!!!
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 4:34:48 PM

Date: 9/20/2007 5:17:26 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
It's so beautiful, and I love the rubies. It's like having another ring by spinning it around. And of course your stone is so gorgeous it goes without saying. Fabulous.
thank you :)

My kids were fighting over the rubies LOL I told ocean she could do whatever she wanted - 3 of one stone, two of one and one of the other (like 2 boys and 1 girl) or three entirely different stones in a very whimsical setting. Any shapes she wanted. So my middle son says, 'oh that's mine in the middle' and I said no, that's Acacia's, she's a girl LOL
Beautiful ring, Cehra! So glad you are back. Really missed the cushion expert around here.

My guess was that the rubies meant 2 boys and one girl, especially with the girly leaves/petals around the center ruby. I see that this is right.

Your ring is simply spectacular!!! Love the low setting, love the brushed center band, love the polished platinum basket. Magnificent!!! Everything compliments that beautiful, very special diamond.

I'm looking forward to more of your wonderful colored facets pictures. I have enjoyed the photos of your unset diamond so much. The completed ring photos are even more special.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is CooL.
It truly is a piece of art. I love the heft. And especially the placement and angles of the prongs is so captivating and beautifully frames the stone.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
C!! I saw you posting on here and discovered that you had gotten your stone back! That ring is an incredible work of original art. I am so happy you have it back, and I absolutely love the way the rubies were incorporated into the design. Awesome!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 5:10:26 PM

Wink

Wink
Its only a few hours to drive out there........ right? LOL! I am seriously tempted to just show up hehe Seriously - I know I was picky but Ocean perfected it. I keep seeing things that she did that just made my design even better. I''m glad I gave her the freedom to change some things and I''m glad i stuck with my guns on others. Like I said before, I gave it bones, we gave it flesh, she gave it life. I got everything that was important to me and the things I was flexible about she made better than I imagined :) Tell her hello and thank you and that I love it, its just so long to wait until next week to talk to her LOL

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I have to admit that, in the past, when you would give hints or some details of the ring design I could never get a mental image in my mind what the ring would look like. You explain things well but I am not very good at envisioning (as you may well remember when I was trying to design my ring). Well, it turned out just lovely and sounds like you are really enjoying all aspects of the design. Congrats and I hope you continue to enjoy it to the fullest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results