shape
carat
color
clarity

This isn''t April Fool''s...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - I absolutely LOVE IT!! It''s so beautiful! You must be on cloud 9... congrats!!!
36.gif

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
LOVE IT!

36.gif
Congratulations on the beautiful ring! Can''t wait to see more pics!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! LOVE the profile and the squared shape! all the lines and curves just flow, very unique and beautiful!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Cehra, it is just AMAZING!!! Good on you for sticking to your guns and making sure it was exactly as you wanted. It looks almost like a sculpture on your hand, and the blocky rainbow facets are to die for. I love the contrast between the brushed platinum and the diamonds. Congratulations to you and Ocean for working together to create such an amazing ring
36.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
WHOA! Now that is SOME setting. I just love it. It is totally unique and really showcases your beautiful stone. I''m so glad you got it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it''s stunning! I love the square band and the milgraining is soooo dainty and perfect. Not to mention that awesome basket. I also would love to see the rubies you mentioned before. Congratulations and I really hope you''ll blow up my computer screen with rainbows once the sun comes out!
10.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sara, it''s a jaw-dropper!!!!! I love everything about it, so glad you finally have your dream ring on your beautiful hand! Congrats!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, yay! Yay! Yay! (doing a little happy-dance here).

I am so excited for you! I LOVE that square ring! (I bought FI a square wedding band, too) They are so unique, and yet so sculptural, classic, and stunning! That last pic is amazing...look at that stone! It looks like it''s glowing from the inside!

I love it...but more importantly...do you? I know that you''ve been through so much for this ring. Is it all that you hoped for? I hope so!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is beautiful! I love the picture of it hanging (on the tree???). I am so happy for you, it is gorgeous!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra,

I''m thrilled for you! BEAUTIFUL ring, simply gorgeous! I''m soooo glad you''re back, I missed you! Pricescope missed you! Thank you for sharing!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Cehra...it''s absolutely gorgeous. Truly a work of art!
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 12:19:22 AM
Author: kelley1975
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Wow....I love it! I especially like the second pic--so pretty!

Now, how do YOU feel, now that it is all finished??
I have a couple minutes so I thought I''d start at the top and answer some questions. I thought the kids being back in school was going to mean lots of extra time for me but it seems all sucked up even more than in the summer LOL

How do I feel now that it is all finished? RELIEVED! The reality of it is infinitely better than the preparation for it LOL
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 3:10:28 AM
Author: Love in Bloom

Whoooooooa! Cehra, it is
30.gif
4.gif
B E A U T I F U L
4.gif
30.gif
!!!

I love those milgrain edges and how your stone looks like it floats. Congrats to you; I think your ring is just dreamy!
thank you :) The stone definitely looks like it is floating. The ring is very subtle in person. It looks huge in the pictures. But it is narrower than if I stacked a solitaire with two bands of diamonds.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 5:02:04 AM
Author: themrs
Wow, I don''t believe I have ever seen anything quite like your ring. The milgraining detail on the sides is very lovely and the way the six prongs were done....excellent!
It is unusual LOL It actually doesn''t look unusual in person because the details are so small. I''m the only one that really gets to see the head and the naked diamond view is just beautiful to me :) There are actually 8 prongs! hehe

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 6:28:31 AM
Author: DiaGem
Welcome back Cehra..., its...
10.gif
, wear it in good health!

Tell me more about the view
4.gif
Thank you DG!!

The view is from the inn at spanish head on the oregon coast. A friend watched our 3 kids for a couple days so we could get away and it was amazing. The place was amazing but just getting away was amazing. I don''t think we have done that enough in our marriage. We swam, we walked on the beach, went out to a nice dinner, got room service breakfast (that was to die for - omg the creme brule stuffed french toast was beyond words!!!). I''m sure many here get this sort of thing more frequently but we really have never indulged ourselves much over the years - just trying to save $ to move back to CA. This ring was beyond extravagant for us but its nice to know I won''t be needing any upgrade EVER lol!!! My husband did call it a "small token" and I asked if that meant a "big token" was in my future hahaha :D

The first day was cloudy/sunny and it was pretty clear for a really nice sunset. The sound of the waves crashing all night was something I could live with every day - just so soothing....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 11:15:19 AM
Author: elmo
Very cool. Every time I tire of all the delicate bands and micropave I''ll come back grab a look at your and Irina''s rings...especially if that is platinum, it must have a very satisfying ''heft'' to it. Also, viewing down the band at how the prongs join together there''s a unique and almost Asian feel to the head. Congrats.
I''m starting to get used to the weight. It is definitely heavier than my wedding band but it is less bulky if that makes any sense at all. The square shape and the design she did are VERY comfortable. Round rings bulge out on the sides a little. The inside is all totally smooth like satin. I know I went against the grain with such a wide ring, but I really did want it all in one ring. I wanted it to look like 3 rings and we kind of deviated from that a *little* by not cutting the center smaller and adding another row of milgrain to either side of the diamonds, but the way it is now, in person, looks like a field of diamonds with a satin ribbon layed across the top. Ocean was right - it takes less away from the center stone. .63ctw of melee doesn''t take away from the center stone at all. Its really lovely. I wish I could get a picture to do it justice. I never thought of the prong/head as asian but now that you guys have mentioned it..... lol The face view is a gothic arch and the side view is a variant on a greek??? arch. I dunno, I never figured out a name for that lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 1:48:05 PM
Author: Kay
The ring is lovely (and the view isn''t bad either).
31.gif
I just love the side shot of the ring (pic 2) -- that V basket is to die for. Congrats on finally having your precious on your finger where it belongs.
omg it is sooooo wonderful to have my stone back, I almost didn''t recognize it at first LOL! Then it was like oh yeah it does this... and this... and this... hehehe

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 2:43:35 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Congratulations! What a unique, beautiful design - well worth all the time and effort.
36.gif
Thank you :) yes, DEFINITELY worth the time and effort!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 3:12:27 PM
Author: SuzyQZ

Cehra:

I LOVE this side view!!!

It''s scrumptiously delicious!!!

18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

(we need
more pictures!!!)
(more, more, MORE!!!!)
LOL! (((((suzy))))) thank you so much for all of your support and encouragement - see that mirrored bowl? :D :D :D

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 5:33:52 PM
Author: mrssalvo
sara, it is just stunning..wow it turned out even better than I thought. it is just THE PERFECT ring for you. i love the low profile too. what a wonderful piece of art you now have..your stone looks amazing too. congrats on a very well worth it 15 year wait i''m sure.....
Yes Mrs S it IS the perfect ring for me! It turned out better than I thought too! LOL Ocean said it is under 8mm tall... I love how easy it is to wear...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 5:36:36 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Great Ring! I just love it! I'm also so happy to hear how much you like the square band. I have picked out a square banded ring as well... What are you doing for a wedding band? Will it be square too?

Congrats!!!
My wedding band is a 4mm yellow gold comfort fit band. I'm wearing it on my right hand. I may get it rhod plated... but I dunno yet... I was going to originally get a 3/4 carat oval in a channel set band to go with my wedding ring and my channel set anniversary band but then I found PS and........... LOL I decided I wanted a whole new ring, but just one to be "the one ring to rule them all" so to speak :) It is so comfortable. I can't wait to see yours! Is it finished?

Here's my wedding band:
cbband1.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 6:59:42 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, the last pic is my favorite; the colors are amazing
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is soooo hard to get anything cool when the weather is so grey LOL There were better color shots, but they were even more blurry... ugh, I still hate my camera!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 7:05:53 PM
Author: Kasey3
Congratulations on your beautiful ring. It looks great!!!

You may have said already, but where did Ocean put the 3 rubies??
OH!!!!!! They''re on the bottom... two marquise and a round... I''ll take a pic later :)

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Yay Cehra!!!! It is gorgeous! I particularly like the picture where the tiny feather (as in bird feather) is on one side of the ring. It does look like a three ring combo - very clever. Your stone must be so happy to have it''s new home and you must be thrilled to be able to wear that stone everywhere you go.

I think the idea of a square is very good; I find that comfortable too.

I am thrilled for you and also love the beautiful beach photo you posted. The silvery ocean reminds me of the band part of the shank, the way the platinum is brushed.

Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 7:56:52 PM
Author: wolftress
Oh Cehra, it is just AMAZING!!! Good on you for sticking to your guns and making sure it was exactly as you wanted. It looks almost like a sculpture on your hand, and the blocky rainbow facets are to die for. I love the contrast between the brushed platinum and the diamonds. Congratulations to you and Ocean for working together to create such an amazing ring
36.gif
Thank you :) You''ve nailed it! For me, this is the most amazing piece of art that I have. When the light hits it just right and the "bow tie" is really strong, it looks like the brushed band just continues around the diamond - it is an optical illusion that most probably would go ewwww about but it looks very stunning to me. The first time I saw my diamond sitting atop the inspiration band I loved that look and wanted it. Usually the bowtie is alight with color and not dark, so it doesn''t happen often, but its a cool effect when it does. The width of the brushed band is about the width of my large facets.

I just wanted to also say - I can''t believe how clear my stone looks. I always loved the slight ivory tint it had and its GONE! If I hold it in the worst of conditions and look from the side and try REALLY hard I can see a *hint* of yellow. But 99% of the time I cannot see any at all. I was a little disappointed but I''m also so amazed how just setting the stone sapped its color! This stone is a low J/borderline K stone and it is a funky omb cut and even against the platinum there''s just no color at all in it. So weird!!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Agree w/ you about the color. I thought the photos made your ring look whiter, but if you see it that way IRL, it must be the setting. Maybe it is the shiny platinum barrel-like base that the ring is sitting in reflecting white light through the stone? In any case I think it looks extremely beautiful and you didn''t lose anything in the overall appearance.

Lovely!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 9:45:22 PM
Author: thing2of2
Oh wow, it''s stunning! I love the square band and the milgraining is soooo dainty and perfect. Not to mention that awesome basket. I also would love to see the rubies you mentioned before. Congratulations and I really hope you''ll blow up my computer screen with rainbows once the sun comes out!
10.gif
I hope to! I see some blue sky out there today (the weather people have a hard time predicting this area lol) but I don''t know if it will last until it is up in the sky lol - :::crossing fingers::: Let me see if I already took a pic of the rubies, I know I don''t have any GOOD ones, but maybe a bad one will suffice? LOL

cbdone008.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 10:14:24 PM
Author: FacetFire
Oh, yay! Yay! Yay! (doing a little happy-dance here).

I am so excited for you! I LOVE that square ring! (I bought FI a square wedding band, too) They are so unique, and yet so sculptural, classic, and stunning! That last pic is amazing...look at that stone! It looks like it''s glowing from the inside!

I love it...but more importantly...do you? I know that you''ve been through so much for this ring. Is it all that you hoped for? I hope so!
Oh facet, it is MORE than I hoped for. It is so much more beautiful in person. Very subtle and handsome :) There is some adjustment in custom between the imagination and the reality, but in this case I was more happy with the reality. Every day I like it even more :D

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 10:33:01 PM
Author: curiopotter
Cehra,

I''m thrilled for you! BEAUTIFUL ring, simply gorgeous! I''m soooo glad you''re back, I missed you! Pricescope missed you! Thank you for sharing!!
((((curio)))) :) Thank you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, the rubies!!! That is so cool; I love it!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results