shape
carat
color
clarity

This isn''t April Fool''s...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just catching up again and love the new pics...the rubies are just such a special and unique touch....very cool!!!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Absolutely beautiful! I love the side profile! That basket is to die for!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I especially love the elegant basket. Gorgeous!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the rubies on the bottom!!!!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
a story in pictures...

4.gif
2.gif
1.gif
40.gif
7.gif
24.gif
11.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! Those rubies are to die for! I can''t believe you left that picture out! I just absolutely LOVE your ring, and I keep coming back to look at it over and over and over again...my keyboard is wet from the drool!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief! I cannot even be gone for ONE day without missing some major BIG thing on here!!!!
6.gif

Sara!!! Your ring is gorgeous!!
30.gif
Really, I think she got what you were trying to convey! She translated your ideas into reality very well! I am glad to finally see an "Ocean Pearlman", and I am sure Gypsy is happy to see a nice example as well!!!

Congratulations, Sara! Glad to see you back, too!!!
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 10:15:00 PM
Author: Harleigh
OMG!!! Those rubies are to die for! I can't believe you left that picture out! I just absolutely LOVE your ring, and I keep coming back to look at it over and over and over again...my keyboard is wet from the drool!
LOL!! I really appreciate that :) I know its pretty dang unusual, but it has everything that was most important to me. Every time I look at it I fall a little more in love. She really did a beautiful job.

I was in luck! Several times today the sun came out to play (not really strong summer sun but I'll take it!!!) so I took my camera around with me and snapped off quite a few pictures so I'm going to start with my favorite hehehe

I don't have any of the others edited but I'll get them up as I go along....

Goodness I misssed my stone!!!!!!! its hard to see where the stone ends and the reflections of the stone in the mirrored surface begin....

cbdone013.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the "car shot" LOL Must.Keep.Eyes.On.Road.

cbdone014.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is blurry but I thought the colors were really nice.... I haven''t gotten a chance to take it under a tree on a sunny day yet...

cbdone015.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
The FULL hand shot. Size 8.25 ring. My fingers fluctuate a LOT. Over the weekend they swelled up and the ring was pretty tight... today at the pool it was spinning wildly - go figure LOL I don''t find the square ring prevents spinning exactly but it is definitely more comfortable. Especially for a wider band like this.

cbdone016.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 11:49:09 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I am glad to finally see an ''Ocean Pearlman'', and I am sure Gypsy is happy to see a nice example as well!!!
I have seen other examples of Ocean''s work, before I commited, but I am really happy for Cehra.

While the setting is a very unique and personal one. The prongs and basket, the optical illusion of the shank with two side bands, and the way the diamond ''floats'' on the shank from above... plus the delicacy of execution of something that could have, easily been clumsy and bulky, are just stunning. And I''m so HAPPY that Sara is happy! That''s the most important thing.

It all only confirms what I knew before, that Ocean is capable of executing and bringing to life her client''s visions beautifullly.

Of course all this has just made me LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG for mine. But I''ve got a few weeks till that time comes. For the meantime... I''ll salivate over everyone elses settings, including this lovely one.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked this because you could see fun color in the melee.... I don''t get as much rainbow effect from these single cut as I had hoped, but the white light twinkle is really amazing scint. It doesn''t look like white little disks that twinkle tiny twinkles but more like I dunno, bigger white flashes constantly going on and off.

cbdone017.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me the whole design started with the stone and then the prongs... I insisted on having 8 prongs that *framed* the kite/bezel facets and didn''t cover them up. When the light is right they just light up and make such a pretty geometric design over the top of the stone. Reminds me of checkerboard faceting a little, but just around the edges.

cbdone018.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is blurry too but you can see the airline under the diamond and the full girdle height.

cbdone019.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is the best I''ve got so far to show this particular effect.... it''s VERY hard to photograph. But if you look under the diamond you can see the sparkles on the high polished surface and it can be hard to see where the diamond ends and the mirror begins because the whole thing is awash with colorful sparkles. Hey - if you''re going to get a somewhat leaky fancy cut, at least you can make lemonade!! lol

cbdone020.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a better shot of the rubies.... I had zero input on this area other than I wanted 3 rubies. Size, shape, design was all left up to Ocean. I wouldn''t even let her tell me what she had planned and so it was a total surprise! For those who don''t know, these three rubies are for my 3 July children :) We''ve had fun coming up with ideas of what we see here..... what do you see?

cbdone021.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t going to post this one, but the first melee on the right just tickles me lol I love those blocky mains!

cbdone022.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotta have a couple really good table glare shots, right? LOL

cbdone023.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one just ignore the fire and check out the blue mosaic pattern in the lower half of the stone - thought that was kinda cool lol

cbdone024.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra, you forgot! Ring faces!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... just two more and you''re off the hook lol Gotta throw in a couple gen-u-ine fire shots!

cbdone025.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one.... thanks for indulging me :D

goodnight :)

cbdone026.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
That. Is. Awesome. It''s substantial, sculptural and whimsical all at the same time. It''s really a work of art! Congratulations.

The rubies are such a sweet touch, too. I see a butterfly (kind of obvious) and a sea turtle, and I''m going back now to take another look!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ruby faces?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, those pictures are sooo amazing!!!!! Keep em coming if you have time!!! Whoooo Weeeeeee
36.gif
36.gif

jenna_g

Rough_Rock
I almost never post here...but have lurked for years.

Anyway...I just had to come out of lurkdom to tell you...your ring absolutely kicks a$$.
10.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
(that''s a standing ovation!)

Well done!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never thought I would see the day that this ring was actually finished!

Congrats Cehra - it''s just phenomenal!
30.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra:
Yes, I can see those confetti sparkles reflected in your "bowl". Absolutely beautiful!!!
It just doubles your pleasure doesn't it?
31.gif

Spakles above and sparkles below!
GORGEOUS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for sharing so completely the work that you and Ocean did. It was nice to see the ring from so many different angles and in so many different lights.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results