shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
Re: The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline threa

Pinkjewel, Yes, I can confirm that this ring for "M" is in fact owned by Yvonne. I only know this because I commented on it's beauty in one of my recent convo's with her and she said it was hers. I also secured some of the Paraiba and Hauynite that she had when she came back from the show. Am just holding onto them for now until I decide if I want to look for a Paraiba for the main stone or use a pink mahenge that I currently have that is unset. Am fascinated watching and learning from all of the informative posts. :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Desertrose|1457032484|3999208 said:
Pink Jewel - I'm also debating keeping the one I purchased, the 'little sister' of your stone...I haven't seen it yet. When my jewelry gets finished (hopefully tomorrow!) I asked Yvonne to take a photo with the pear plus the jewelry, to see how it all looks together. But I'm shifting away from a paraiba ring at the moment, I have too many other projects in mind!!! :naughty:

Lovedogs, if I decide not to keep it, should I ask Yvonne if she would hold it for you? I'm sorry you keep missing out on her paraibas for sale! Or if you want I could sell it to you directly for what I paid? Again, I haven't decided yet, but I would want you to have a chance if you were interested.

aww you are incredibly sweet! Thank you so much! I would love the chance to be able to purchase it if you decide not to keep it...I love the color. But also I think that the inclusions are less likely to bother you once its set, just IMHO. I hope you do decide to keep it and that you end up loving it :wavey:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs...I'm sorry as it may have been me who bought mochiko's return :shifty: Yvonne knew I was looking and I missed her Thursday drop as I was out of town on business (only saw the cab on FB)...so when I got back on Friday and she offered it to me, I grabbed it having missed out on the marquis earlier...hope it all works out for you as it did for me.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Help lilysweet with her choice: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paraiba-advice.220254/#post-3999572#p3999572
Is it a keeper?
She even has matching melee :love:

_36576.jpg

_36577.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wanted to share a few pics of my new paraiba. I picked this up from Yvonne Raley.
Stats: 1ct oval 7 x 5.5 x 3.94

I've been carrying this baby around the house with me. I think a trip to work is in order to so I can see it under office lighting.
I have the smaller paraiba in the same case (picked up from Yvonne previously).

Here's the vendor pic.
image_4272.jpg

By a window
image_4273.jpg
image_4274.jpg

Inside with sun from a window
image_4275.jpg

Indoor lighting
image_4276.jpg

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

So lovely? What are your plans for them? :love:

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock

elle_71125, I think they are both beautiful and so well matched in color! Will you be setting them in coordinating pieces?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle_71125|1457110786|3999768 said:
I wanted to share a few pics of my new paraiba. I picked this up from Yvonne Raley.

I've been carrying this baby around the house with me. I think a trip to work is in order to so I can see it under office lighting.

Here's the vendor pic.
image_4272.jpg

By a window
image_4273.jpg
image_4274.jpg

image_4275.jpg

Indoor lighting
image_4276.jpg

Elle: now those are great examples of Paraiba/cuprians with glow! So many on here I've seen recently have pretty color, but the glow that makes them famous is absent. Yours certainly seem to capture some of it and they will look lovely in whatever you make with them. :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new stone is gorgeous as well elle :love:
Looking forward to see how you will set both stones. Gorgeous colour and glow!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL|1457046062|3999318 said:
Waiting to receive this little guy.
I had it done last year. It's been sitting in my mother's jewelry box...(She's at different city)
Sneak peak photo she took for me...

Oooh! I like!!! :love:
Beautiful OTL. When do you expect your neon package?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:love: and sigh, as I doubt I would have the fund to get a Paraiba this year. Therefore, I shall ogle at others' in this thread instead.

DK :))

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Gorgeous, Elle, Gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful elle_71125! Your stones are definitely glowy and match super well. Very excited for you and your future project(s) with these stones when you know how to set them.

Very pretty OTL! Hope you get it soon!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1457123367|3999895 said:
OTL|1457046062|3999318 said:
Waiting to receive this little guy.
I had it done last year. It's been sitting in my mother's jewelry box...(She's at different city)
Sneak peak photo she took for me...

Oooh! I like!!! :love:
Beautiful OTL. When do you expect your neon package?

Thank you Acinom, it's nothing comparing to your amazing paraiba, I am still looking for the best paraiba in my heart. This is good looking enough until I find it. I should be able to receive it in 2 weeks.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle - your stones are gorgeous..and one carat is such a sweet spot, isn't it?

OTL - another ring in your killer collection.

I should probably add the ring that brought me to PS (with a question as to what it was). It doesn't have the saturation/glow of my Brazilian stones but based on the advice of PSers, I sent it to AGL who certified it as a cuprian tourmaline (paraiba-type).

paraibaring.jpg

Before I came to PS, I was into larger stones rings (but now that you guys have educated me, my pieces are smaller since my budget is the same :errrr: )

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Here are the earrings that Yvonne just finished for me...I have to say, I wasn't expecting the colors to be so different! I'm still a little bit unsettled by the contrast in color...what do you think? :think:

Part of me likes the uniqueness, part of me is a bit more conservative and traditional and wants everything matchy matchy :roll:

The coordinating necklace contains the bluer paraiba.

paraiba_earrings.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DesertRose - I love your earrings. If I could wear dainty dangles, I would want something just like it. Actually, I still would want them if I saw them in her store, lol.

One of the reasons that I personally love working with Yvonne is her eye for color combinations that work, But I am not conservative at all when it comes to my jewelry so our tastes likely differ. For me I think if you are going to have a blue paraiba necklace, that the greener drops might break things up from having too much blue?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lilmosun: gorgeous stone and setting :love: Do you also have a photo with the profile view?
I love the colour of your cuprian! Thanks for sharing. Do you wear this ring often? It's so beautiful and I cannot believe you kept it a 'secret' for all this time 8-)

Desertrose: gorgeous earrings!!! I love the result :love:
Personally I like the colour difference, especially because they are in the same 'family' and since they have the same intensity. It will also be a gorgeous combination with your necklace as the blue of the upper earring stones will come back in it. Because of the 2 colours your earrings have so much depth. I hope they will grow on you.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Thanks Lilmosun and Acinom, your positive input really helps! I'm feeling a bit more confident :)

Does anyone else feel like getting jewelry made is a little exciting, and a little scary, especially when expensive stones are involved? :lol:

And Lilmosun, love your ring!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LImosun, what an amazing ring!

Desertrose:
I love the earrings! I think that the two different (but complimentary) colors make them "pop" even more. I think they are amazing and will look beautiful IRL.

Elle: I am dying over your stones! The glow is perfect, and the shade is incredible. Like looking into a glowing pool. Can't wait to see how you set them

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Acinom, lovesdogs and Desertrose..it doesn't have the famous paraiba glow but it is really a pretty stone that sparkles like crazy.

Unfortunately, I only wear it occasionally - it's a large blingy piece and the stone is set so high that I'm afraid of damaging it (and it wasn't a secret - it was what brought me here to PS - trying to figure out if it was worth buying as my jeweler bought it off a customer who came in off the street so the price seemed too good to be true).

tourmalineside.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm enjoy visiting this thread almost daily for that happy green/blue to start the day.

Desertrose,
I think the earrings are pretty and the colour combination is very complementary.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Desertrose|1457230292|4000382 said:
Here are the earrings that Yvonne just finished for me...I have to say, I wasn't expecting the colors to be so different! I'm still a little bit unsettled by the contrast in color...what do you think? :think:

Part of me likes the uniqueness, part of me is a bit more conservative and traditional and wants everything matchy matchy :roll:

The coordinating necklace contains the bluer paraiba.

I love your earrings- I think the color combo makes them more interesting. But, then, I'm not really a matchy, matchy person.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

elle_71125|1457110786|3999768 said:

Here's the vendor pic.
image_4272.jpg

By a window
image_4273.jpg
image_4274.jpg

image_4275.jpg

Indoor lighting
image_4276.jpg

Beautiful!!!! I could get lost in their color. :love:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

And, just to update- I plan on keeping my pear. I just love the color and it makes me smile every time I look at it. And, my husband really, really likes it and there are not a lot of gems that he comments so strongly about. Since he is giving it to me for my birthday- that means a lot.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
!

Gosh, thank you all so much for the nice comments! :wavey:

Lilysweet, I don't have any idea how i will be setting them yet but I will want them both in rings (so I can stare at them all the time).

Blushpeony, Thank You! I don't know about coordinating pieces but who knows. After the expense of these, I may have to wait a while before I can set them.

Minoubijoux, that is high praise indeed. Thank you so much!

Acinom, As always, you are very kind. It's nothing compared to your gorgeously glowy paraibas/cuprians. #paraibagoals :love:

Lovesvintage, Thank you. Your very sweet.

Lilmosun, wow, your cuprian is divine. I actually like it setting and all.

Lovedogs, how nice are you!

Pinkjewel, Thank you! I'm glad you decided to keep your pear shaped paraiba and I can't wait to see what you do with it. Ps. Happy Birthday :D .

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL That's one gorgeous piece. I can't wait to see your pics, when you get it. :love:

Desertrose Thank you for your nice comment on my paraibas. :D
As for your earrings, I'm crazy about them. I love the color combo of blue / green. They go together so well and are going to look fantastic on you! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shout out for lovedogs.
I just saw that Yvonne posted a small pear shape paraiba and I know you've been on the lookout so...
(Looks like the one desertrose picked up so maybe she returned it).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle, those stones are really TDF. I love them. I bought some paraiba melee from yvonne but they're too small for the project I'm working on, so they have to go back unfortunately. so pretty though!!

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Hi all,

Yes, I did return the small pear...it sold quickly I gather...I'm sorry for not posting here to notify everyone! :doh: I've had house guests and you know how that is - all the normal routines are out the window! Hope a PSer got it.

I did get final pics for my paraiba/spinel/tourmaline set:

I'm happy with how it all turned out! Yvonne shipped it so I hope to have it all soon :dance: She really is pretty fast with production!

All the different shades of blue-green paraiba I think have ended up working out just fine....

il_283.jpg

il_284.jpg

il_285.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results