shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline threa

PinkJewel and DesertRose last photo might just be my phone lol.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovinggems that paraiba looks beautiful to me. I hope the video will give you what you're looking for.
After you make a decision, I hope you will share your source. :naughty:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Naughty me :shhh: I hit the buy button by reflex... so I have this little guy coming to me, slightly over 1 ct. Will post more photos when it arrives.

il_286.jpg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Lovinggems|1459158288|4011961 said:

Lovinggems: But even the earlier photos (not cellphone) look glowy to me...it looks really nice compared to many I have seen in photos.

PinkJewel - is that a Yvonne stone? Looks like her pics! I must have missed that one. They come and go so fast!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle_71125|1459171520|4011993 said:
Lovinggems that paraiba looks beautiful to me. I hope the video will give you what you're looking for.
After you make a decision, I hope you will share your source. :naughty:

I agree. Soooo curious to know the source lovinggems! This seems to be a fabulous stone in terms of color and glow as well as the stunning round cab shape. Looks like something really special.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinkjewel|1459193166|4012137 said:
Naughty me :shhh: I hit the buy button by reflex... so I have this little guy coming to me, slightly over 1 ct. Will post more photos when it arrives.

Great decision pinkjewel! Looking forward to admire your pics once the stone has arrived.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great choice, Pinkjewel! Looks lovely, excited to see it in person!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Desertrose|1459195325|4012172 said:

Lovinggems: But even the earlier photos (not cellphone) look glowy to me...it looks really nice compared to many I have seen in photos.

PinkJewel - is that a Yvonne stone? Looks like her pics! I must have missed that one. They come and go so fast!

Yes- it's one of Yvonne's. Hoping it is better than photos which Yvonne says that it is. ;))

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Acinom|1459196310|4012182 said:
pinkjewel|1459193166|4012137 said:

Great decision pinkjewel! Looking forward to admire your pics once the stone has arrived.

thanks, Acinom. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

lovedogs|1459196681|4012185 said:
Great choice, Pinkjewel! Looks lovely, excited to see it in person!

thank you, lovedogs! I've been wanting a cab after seeing all the beautiful flower rings, so I hope it looks good in person!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

PinkJewel great reflexes I hope you'll love it in the photos.
Thanks everyone for your input. Mine is from Yvonne as well, if you google Cecile Raley Designs and click on her channel you'll see it. Please let me know what you think?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

DesertRose that oval cab was available for maybe 1 minute, PinkJewel was lightning fast. :lol:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Lovinggems|1459203282|4012241 said:
Thanks everyone for your input. Mine is from Yvonne as well, if you google Cecile Raley Designs and click on her channel you'll see it. Please let me know what you think?
Is that the 5 ct one I saw earlier?

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

PinkJewel or Lovinggems - whats the size of that cab? Great reflexes!! :lol:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Lovinggems|1459203641|4012245 said:

DesertRose that oval cab was available for maybe 1 minute, PinkJewel was lightning fast. :lol:
LOL- yes, I happened to be on her page right when it appeared (had been busy basically the whole day)- and I did hit the buy button pretty fast. You can't delay much when they appear!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

pinkjewel|1459203974|4012250 said:
Lovinggems|1459203282|4012241 said:
Is that the 5 ct one I saw earlier?

You mean on YouTube? If so yes.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Desertrose|1459204071|4012251 said:

I believe it's around 5.8cts if it's the one I saw on her channel earlier, but I don't know the mm size. Hopefully, Lovinggems will chime in shortly. At the time I bought the cab yesterday Yvonne had listed she only had one cab available (the one I bought) and a sugarloaf cab that sold earlier in the day (or maybe it sold on Saturday, I can't remember). So, not sure when Yvonne got this one. Do you know, Lovinggems?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Desertrose|1459204071|4012251 said:

DesertRose the round one is approx 11mm. PinkJewel's is around 7.5 x 5.8 mm.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Hi pinkjewels it's not listed yet I think.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love paraiba cabs :love: ...congrats on both of your scores!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful cabs! I hope you both love them when you see them in person, Lovinggems and pinkjewel. Cabs definitely look better in person based on my personal experience. Acinom's advice was great.

Lilmosun and Desertrose... excited to see your finished rings.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

thanks lovesvintage and limosun- I can't wait to see it in person!!!!!

Lovinggems- have you made a decision? I didn't see as much glow in the video as the photos, but what does Yvonne say? She's pretty accurate in her descriptions. The color, size and shape are gorgeous. :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

pinkjewel|1459256559|4012506 said:

Lovinggems- have you made a decision? I didn't see as much glow in the video as the photos, but what does Yvonne say? She's pretty accurate in her descriptions. The color, size and shape are gorgeous. :love:
Hi pinkjewels not yet, I really want to see it in person. Yvonne did mention prior it is glowy and very neon, she will take another video for me, but looking at her previous videos they don't seem to showcase the gemstones that well eg the lagoon tourmaline with excellent cutting or the emerald cut sapphire, so I am not sure if an extra video will help.

How did she describe your oval cab? Please let me know what you think of yours when you see it in person. :bigsmile:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Thanks lilmosun and by_lovesvintage for your encouraging words.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Lovinggems|1459292219|4012804 said:
pinkjewel|1459256559|4012506 said:

Hi pinkjewels not yet, I really want to see it in person. Yvonne did mention prior it is glowy and very neon, she will take another video for me, but looking at her previous videos they don't seem to showcase the gemstones that well eg the lagoon tourmaline with excellent cutting or the emerald cut sapphire, so I am not sure if an extra video will help.

How did she describe your oval cab? Please let me know what you think of yours when you see it in person. :bigsmile:

Lovinggems, I think it is really hard to judge from photos, so I agree they really need to be seen in person. Yvonne said my cab does glow and that the saturation is better than the photos. But she said that I needed to see it to decide for sure. Her exact words were it's "rather pretty" in person- which set all sorts of alarm bells off to me as I don't think of a gem being "rather pretty" as a way I'd describe a great stone., but I had already purchased it by this point. Now, am I nitpicking words? possibly, as I don't know how Yvonne usually describes gems- maybe she undersells so people are blown away when they see items in person. The per carat price was much higher than her previous cabs, so if it is not neon and glowy I will definitely be returning it.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Hi PinkJewel I started another thread re the paraiba cab. I hope yours will give you a pleasant surprise!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovinggems|1459550691|4014345 said:
My marquise lotus ring from Yvonne in 14k white gold, the outer melees are Hauynes and Paraibas.

This is crazy!!! What a beautiful ring. And such a rich look with the Paraiba center and Hauynes and Paraiba melee. Simply stunning.
Are you thrilled with the outcome?

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

I am thrilled for you! It is lovely and so unique! :love: :love: :love:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

lovinggems I love your new ring. Can't wait to see it in your finger. Proportions look great and love the balance of the colors!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results