shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like I'm in good company with my cycle triplets! How cool??? LL - how many DPO are you? Mela - thanks for asking what KTFU meant, because I was wondering the same thing. Leave it to our Amber to come up with the best TTC lingo - love it!!!!

I don't have any current lists, but my friends and I used to have a "Who's getting married next" list...let me tell you, we felt sorry for the poor chick who was at the bottom...that's one place we didn't want to find our name. Also, in high school, my friends and I created a calender which we used to write down what we wore to school that day to ensure we didn't wear the same outfit twice for as long as it was humanly possible...god, we were pathetic!
41.gif

I love celebrity gossip too - my DH got me a subscribtion to US Weekly as a gift (I'm blocked from all those sites at work
29.gif
). Anyway, I'm totally addicted!

Oh and as for baby names, I love the names Ana for a girl and Aidan (or Aaden)! One of my friends had a baby this past spring and named her little girl Anna...all I could think was WHEW...that was close!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Mela - Nope...I''m a from the Good Ole U.S.A. For now anyway...DH and I may eventually move across the pond, but we are in Pennsylvania for the time being. Although But I lurve Eddie Izzard and my DH is Dutch and moved to the US from Holland in 1998.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
We should start a website listing all the people who bug us.
9.gif

I've mentioned before our choice name is Piper Jane, PJ for short, Our last name is a cartoon cat (wow, there are a few options, but this one is not a former President of the US!), and a lot of things don't go well. We actually thought of PJ first because of a tv show we watch called "My Boys", where the main character is named PJ and a total tomboy. We love her. So we decided to name our kid PJ, and we loved the name Piper (I also love Pippa, but he makes fun of me). My formerly mentioned friend of the list fame had a photographer named Jane for her wedding. Thus, a name was born. Dh thinks he thought of Jane, but he is wrong. He should just get used to it. Another choice for a girl would be Dannan Ora, Dannan (pronounced like Dannon yogurt) is from a character in a children's cartoon called Piggly Winks. She's a duck. And irish. Ora is after my grandma.

For a boy, we were all out of ideas. Until DH came up with Riley yesterday. It's not a great name, or a bad name, and it sounds great with our last name! It doesn't sound feminine, does it?

When you have a name like Amber or Paul, which are unnicknameable (made up? Possibly) you want your kids to have nicknames!

I LOVE Delilah! Since DH works at a Catholic school, he won't let me use the name, so it's safe! I also LOVE Gemma! There is a Gemma in the book I'm reading right now!

ETA: Aaden. I also love that name, but with a hispanic Kitty for a last name, not so good. My very favorite Gosselin sextuplet. After him is Alexis. Those babies make me cry on a daily basis, just because they are heartbreakingly adorable!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
me so dumb dumb. I can''t figure out your last name! HAHAHA. total brain freeze!

Piper Jane is gorge. dont let your friend deter you from that name. PJ is too cute.
Riley is popping up a lot these days! (all for boys) I think it''s cute!
When you mentioned Dannan, I immediately thought of that beautiful baby "Elora Danan" from the movie "Willow". ahhh. Gorgeous!

but in trying to think of your cat last name, I thought I''d mention that Felix is right up there in my baby name list - but of course DH hates it. sigh. The only name we agree on is Romeo.

should we start a baby-name thread?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, Mela, you got it!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
You guys crack me up. You''ve been busy today!!!
I am on CD 20, so right behind the triplets. Somebody''s got to get KTFU this month!! (Amber, you are a genius, I love that term).

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I was totally thinking it was Garfield. The hispanic part threw me though.

Oh, and BB, according FF, and its calculations of my CM I O''d between the CD 16-18...so not too too long ago.

Like I said, our boy name is *pretty much* set...Abraham Thomas...girls...still up in the air...

As for picking a name that is popular...I was one of several Melissas in my class as a first grader. Although it was annoying, I don''t really mind it now. That having been said, I don''t think it is particularly awesome or noteworthy to have a common name...but I suppose it is better than being named Triffany. I met a girl and she introduced herself, and I said, "Oh, ha ha I though you said Triffany, not Tiffany." She said, "I did. My name is Triffany." That was an important lesson I learned that day in summer camp about laughing at names. But still poor Triffany.

Amber - Why is Delilah not catholic school compatible? the whole Sampson and Delilah thing? Would you believe I also LOVE the name Jezebel...but even I know why that wouldn''t be the best.

Oh, I also love the name Arabella,(I think it is unique and different without being Pilot Inspektor or Peanut Kai(which is Dutch)...what do you guys think of it?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 6:31:46 PM
Author: littlelysser
Oh, and BB, according FF, and its calculations of my CM I O'd between the CD 16-18...so not too too long ago.

Holy Code Talking Batman. I just reread that sentence and realized how much it resembles an annoying teenage text!

OMG, KWIM, STFU!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, LL, it''s the whole Samson/Delilah thing. I love it, though. I actually love Jezebel, too! I used to be Amber Brown, so I know something about suckass names. I love Amber now, though.
1.gif
Okay, Triffany? Really? My poor cousin''s middle name is Shawniece. Her dad''s name is Shawn. Terrible.

So, I found the stroller I want.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3123746#prod_prodinfo

I love the colors!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Very cute.

I''m a BIG fan of BOB in brown in pink. Sooo cute!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi gals! Just have a quick charting question! When you guys get a positive OPK, does it generally last for 1 or 2? Thanks!

P.S. I just found out my physics grade, and I got an A!! I''m so freaking excited.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the A!!!

I used OPK''s only one month, then I got the Clearblue Fertility Monitor. I *think* the opk''s could be positive for 2 days. Not sure though.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Triffany is my twin sister''s name. I know, my parents weren''t thinking when they named us. Tiffany and Triffany. It''s been very confusing, especially in elementary school when they failed to put us in different classes.I''m totally kidding. I don''t even have a twin sister.

Amber-love the stroller. it''s adorable. Good to know I''m not the only one picking out baby stuff before it''s time.
As for names, I''ve had a girl name picked out for years. I haven''t told anyone, including my husband, for fear of jinxing things. I will say that I was horrified recently when Tori Spelling named her daughter my girl name!! Hopefully that won''t spur it''s popularity. Since it appears you guys are up on the gossip I''m sure you''ll be able to figure it out.

Oh, Amber, I was convinced your last name was Sylvester until you said Mexican cat. Then the only thing I could picture was Speedy Gonzolaz, who isn''t even a cat but kept popping into my head!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 10:46:49 PM
Author: peonygirl
Hi gals! Just have a quick charting question! When you guys get a positive OPK, does it generally last for 1 or 2? Thanks!

P.S. I just found out my physics grade, and I got an A!! I''m so freaking excited.
Hey PG - first congrats on your physics grade! Very impressive!
36.gif

I usually get a positive for 3 days or so - I''ve been using the Answer test strips and occasionally re-confirm with the clear blue easy digitals.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Eeek, I meant the name is mexican, not the cat!
9.gif
It''s kind of easy: he''s black. I am so tired, and I got like, 7.5 hours of sleep. I''ve been trying to do a heavy walk a day, up and down hills, and because of it, I sure do sleep well!

Peony: Congrats on your grade!! As for the OPKs, I use them, but really I just think line = do it NOW.
31.gif
When I enter the info on Fertility Friend, it says that I''ll basically ovulate between the day of the test and like, three days later or something.

Tiffany, I am so gullible. I totally believed you when you said you had a sister.
20.gif
Also, I''ve had two onesies in my drawer for about two years now. If you need more help on the last name, Mela actually named it above!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Amber- I did see that she said it. Good for you on the walking! I was doing so good at walking (the dog helps motivate) but then it was HOT. We actually have a cool spell right now so I''ve gotten better again.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
TIFFANY - I TOTALLY FELL FOR IT! And I felt very very bad. Had that stomach fall out feeling. You could have kept me going on that one for quit a while! It reminded me of this HORRIBLE time I was taking about what a jackalope this partner was at my law firm. I was talking to another associate and I said, and I quote, "I think he is an over-sexed, under-brained, over-tanned ken doll a$$hole." To which the girl responded, "He is my ex-boyfriend." I wanted to die. Of course never mind that she was a first year associate and he was a senior partner, which only confirmed my theory, but my gawd...I turned to DH (at the time my BF) and I said, okay, we gotta go! and although the girl was super nice about it - they''d had a messy break-up - I was sooooo embarrassed.

I was also picturing speedy gonazales. And Pepe Le Pue...who is a french skunk...so not at all close.

For exercise I''ve been doing our elliptical in the basement...cause I do NOT like heat. At all. Plus, I can watch movies to distract me from the fact that I''m doing something good for my body. I hate exercise so so so much. I can''t even watch tv...I get too annoyed with commercials...so I''ve got to go with movies.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany, same here. It gets so hot in Southern california, that we end up doing all our exercise when it''s cooled down at night. It''s also been so much cooler here lately! Thank goodness.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 12:44:24 PM
Author: littlelysser
TIFFANY - I TOTALLY FELL FOR IT! And I felt very very bad. Had that stomach fall out feeling. You could have kept me going on that one for quit a while! It reminded me of this HORRIBLE time I was taking about what a jackalope this partner was at my law firm. I was talking to another associate and I said, and I quote, ''I think he is an over-sexed, under-brained, over-tanned ken doll a$$hole.'' To which the girl responded, ''He is my ex-boyfriend.'' I wanted to die. Of course never mind that she was a first year associate and he was a senior partner, which only confirmed my theory, but my gawd...I turned to DH (at the time my BF) and I said, okay, we gotta go! and although the girl was super nice about it - they''d had a messy break-up - I was sooooo embarrassed.

I was also picturing speedy gonazales. And Pepe Le Pue...who is a french skunk...so not at all close.

For exercise I''ve been doing our elliptical in the basement...cause I do NOT like heat. At all. Plus, I can watch movies to distract me from the fact that I''m doing something good for my body. I hate exercise so so so much. I can''t even watch tv...I get too annoyed with commercials...so I''ve got to go with movies.
You guys are so gullible
emwink.gif
. I actually started to feel bad as I was making that up. I couldn''t have kept it going for too long! I was at dinner once with a group of friends and saw someone I went to high school with, who had gained A LOT of weight. I made a comment that I couldn''t believe how big he was, before I realized that one of the people at the table was his brother-in-law. I had that sick stomach feeling too.
The FIRST name that came to my mind was Le Pue. Then I remembered he''s a skunk.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Guys, I''m in sad empty uterus land today. One of my very good friends is pregnant (I''ve posted about her many times before), and I''m jealous she has all these new pregnant friends, people she can talk to about all the stuff I''m trying to help her with, but am useless since I''m not KTFU. I am being that bitchy friend who gripes about "not having things in common anymore!" when you get married while she''s still single.

Only the difference is: I WANT to have this in common. I WANT to be pregnant too.
7.gif

Someone kick me.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany - Don''t feel bad at all! I''m a verrrrrry easy mark.

CD 23 now. I just don''t think I''m ever going to be preggo. Sigh.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Amber - Great minds thing alike! Great depressed cranky minds and apparently jump on-line to complain about it at the same time. I''m pretty lucky - I only have on preggo friend and she lives across the state...

But yeah. It stinks. And I just don''t feel like is ever going to happen. Poo.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Lysser, you''re so right! It''s weird, I transition from sure it''ll happen and happy, to being depressed and barren. Ahhhh. Sounds like I need something chocolatey.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 3:53:03 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Lysser, you''re so right! It''s weird, I transition from sure it''ll happen and happy, to being depressed and barren. Ahhhh. Sounds like I need something chocolatey.
I have the same mixed emotions as you two do. I wish it wasn''t so complicated...I mean, I guess it isn''t for some people, but I feel like it should just happen if it''s time correctly. This whole 20% chance thing is always in the back of my head, yet people I know keep getting pregnant realtively quickly. I can only hope it''s the same for me...and all of us!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
It totally stinks.

And I think most of it comes from the fact that we are intelligent women...and used to getting what we want...be it through hard work, study, persuasion, or whatever...

But there is just no persuading this.

I don't know. It is so weird. And I also got COMPLETELY freaked out and/or terrified last week as I was walking through the grocery store cause I could be preggo!

And then I get all annoyed with myself for not BDing on that one day that might have made a difference.

And then I think, who cares, it is only one more month!

And then I think, but what if is another 333 months?

And then I post on here that I am never going to be preggo.

Feh.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
BB, do you think that knowing all the stuff we know about percentages and timing and the "signs" of fertility help us or hinder us? I'm the type who ALWAYS needs to know everything (the day I'm pregnant enough to know what sex the baby is will be the day I'm standing outside my ultrasound tech's house), but in this case I don't know if I worry myself too much with the planning instead of just letting nature take its course.

I wonder about that sometime. Like because I know all the ins and outs, if it's making it harder when I know I'm not pregnant, instead of just randomly getting my period and going, "Time to try again!" My friend who got pregnant unexpectedly seems perfectly happy not knowing what happened.

LL, there we go again. We know so much!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I hear both of you...it seems we obsessive planners so, it's frustrating try and plan for something so major when there's no way of really planning it. Does that make sense?

The thought that maybe we should've tried harder this month also crossed my mind, but we did all we could considering the circumstances (me not charting or temping, traveling w/ parents and family, staying w/ grandparents, dealing with jetlag and having to move to new building tomorrow!...I know crazy...and to think we PLANNED this purposely after returning from vacation...what a dumb move).
20.gif

I mean, if it doesn't happen this month, we really will go into next month's cycle with full force! I definitely don't want to let time pass me by and just go about things casual...with me being 30 and DH 33, we really want to get cracking on things. It would probably be different if we were younger.

Feh is right!
25.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB, a belated welcome back. *sigh* Loved looking at your pic of Dubrovnik...such an awesome city.

To the rest of the TTCers, just wanted to stop by and say hi. I try to lurk from time to time. I''d lurk more, but honestly, half of what you guys are saying is greek to me! But I have my fingers and toes crossed for you all and can''t wait to see some of my favorite PSers over on the mommy thread. Have faith...I''ll see you there.
1.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hi TG -

I do have a question for you about your back...If I remember you have back issues, right?

How was being preggo on that? It is something I am a bit afraid of...I have quite the wonkey back...regular exercise and back exercises definitely helped...but I''d love to hear your take on that whole thing!

Good morning everyone else! Hope ya have a good day!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning! I hope today finds us all in better spirits *wink*. I know I''ve finally come out of "the cave"... partially because the sun is out again (finally. F''n Canada), and partially because DH puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuled me out. He gave me the "don''t focus on what you don''t have (and what other, more fruitful ladies have) focus on all the exciting things we''re doing!!" Then he finally hung the towel hook I''ve been asking him to hang for a year (bonus points) AND we ticked off a couple other things I have written on our ''to do list''. bonus bonus bonus. THEN out for dinner. cha CHING! I was happy again. haha.

So, nothing to report for me either in the TTC category. CD7.

LittleL - I mean to comment earlier about your eventual move ''across the pond''. We too have our sights across the pond. It''s going to take us a few years to get there, but that''s our eventual goal. :) Realistically working out of London, with the end goal being a house in Italy and a summer home in Croatia. Ahhh. The Life!

I''m going to ''focus on the future'' today and go tick off some more things from my list. :) There is our over-analytical, organization and education nature coming out again. I dunno. I prefer to know too much than ''ignorance is bliss''. Call me crazy.

bye for now girls!
35.gif
Oh, and I just want to say we have quite the funny bunch here on this thread. I laugh DAILY cause of you lot. Thanks for that!
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results