shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Amber-

I'm sorry, love. That dreaded temp drop is a bummer, isn't it? Big hugs.

Tiffany-

My first cycle using the CBEFM, I had a serious number of highs before a peak. I thought I'd NEVER get one. I finally did, though, after 8 or 9, I think. It might have been 10! I love, love, LOVE my CBEFM, but I don't know if I'll be able to use it while taking Clomid next cycle. I remember a few ladies on FF having trouble, but I haven't done a whole lot of research yet. If I ovulate tomorrow, that makes ovulation on CD 16- not bad. My OBGYN seems to think the egg would be healthier popping out at around CD 14, though, which is why she prescribed the Clomid.

Eeeek! Deep breaths, Emily. Keep DH far, far away.
11.gif
12.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Amber...that darn AFF™!!! Well, think of this way, you won''t be traveling next month and you''ll be able to focus more on TTCing. It''s so funny because before I left for vacation, I thought we''d be able to TTC all the time during our trip. However, once the jetlag sets in and just the pure exhaustion from being out in the sun all day and sightseeing, I was wrong. We are still trying to get over our jetlag...we''ve been going to bed at around 8:30/9:00pm every night!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
CD 21 for me. I''m a late O''er, apparently.

Not much going on here. Dullsville really.

Amber - I''m sorry pal. But at least you aren''t in limbo anymore...cold comfort, I know...but it is something. GO get a drink!!!! Do something nice for yourself. And I really wouldn''t worry about the irregular cycle...lots going on and stuffs. Oh, and I''m not bright. I read CIO and I was like, hmmm, amber is going to go be a Chief Information Officer somewhere...DEN I realized that made little sense to I googled it...

Blen - Yeah, I''m not quite sure when O''d...FF has it 4/5 days ago - based on my CM...But I''m not a temp-er, so I''m not totally sure when...but I''ve got some sort of idea...I think.

Ebree - Keep strong! I''ve never used any sort of fertility monitor, but if the cycle is a no-go, I may give one a shot...just so I know all I can know...ya know?
41.gif

BB - Hope you get over that jet lag quickly. DH is from Holland and the return trips are killer. Getting up all bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5 am is kind of nice...but boy I could do without the crash at about 8pm...I feel you!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 10:18:21 AM
Author: littlelysser
CD 21 for me. I''m a late O''er, apparently.

Not much going on here. Dullsville really.

Amber - I''m sorry pal. But at least you aren''t in limbo anymore...cold comfort, I know...but it is something. GO get a drink!!!! Do something nice for yourself. And I really wouldn''t worry about the irregular cycle...lots going on and stuffs. Oh, and I''m not bright. I read CIO and I was like, hmmm, amber is going to go be a Chief Information Officer somewhere...DEN I realized that made little sense to I googled it...

Blen - Yeah, I''m not quite sure when O''d...FF has it 4/5 days ago - based on my CM...But I''m not a temp-er, so I''m not totally sure when...but I''ve got some sort of idea...I think.

Ebree - Keep strong! I''ve never used any sort of fertility monitor, but if the cycle is a no-go, I may give one a shot...just so I know all I can know...ya know?
41.gif

BB - Hope you get over that jet lag quickly. DH is from Holland and the return trips are killer. Getting up all bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5 am is kind of nice...but boy I could do without the crash at about 8pm...I feel you!
Yep, that''s us....every single morning since we''ve gotten back on Sat. Ugh....

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the hugs, ladies. And yes, I WILL be Chief Information Officer- only in our house, the two of us. I''m really the boss of the dog, fo'' sho''.
31.gif
It kind of sucked last night, the ups and downs of that whole thing, and DH had decided to go to his friend''s house to play video games until midnight. I was trying to be nice, but I was in agony with the cramps and the sadness. It didn''t help that I watched a ton of Jon and Kate episodes, too! Still, it''s back to have a semi-regular cycle again, I think traveling and the sunburn really just kicked my cervixes tiny pink ass. That''s a weird thought, no?

Annnyway, tis'' another cycle.

BB, a vacation isn''t always the best time to TTC, right? It''s like, you have all these plans, and all these things to do, and then once you get back to your house/condo/hotel at night you''re just exhausted and full of food!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 11:19:54 AM
Author: AmberWaves
I think traveling and the sunburn really just kicked my cervixes tiny pink ass. That''s a weird thought, no?

9.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
HI Amber,
Just coming out of lurkdom to say I''m sorry AFF came. I had that feeling last month too. My LP seemed a couple days longer than usual and I felt that I had pregnancy symptoms....but lo and behold AFF came full force on 17 dpo.
7.gif
It really does suck, sometimes. Keep your chin up, though.
1.gif
A new cycle awaits!

Littelysser, I also seem to be a late O''er. My first month off BC I O''d on CD 19, the second month I O''d on CD 20, and the third, on CD 21. I''m hoping that my cycle is still regulating, and it won''t continue to get longer and longer. It seems like such a long time to wait for O already. Also, I read somewhere that late ovulation can compromise egg quality, although I know many people conceive with late O''s. Are you concerned about that at all ? Just curious... Most people seem to O much earlier.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 1:07:53 PM
Author: Independent Gal

Date: 7/22/2008 11:19:54 AM
Author: AmberWaves
I think traveling and the sunburn really just kicked my cervixes tiny pink ass. That''s a weird thought, no?

9.gif
ROFL...where do you come up with these things???
rotflmao2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the thoughts, Sha. TTC is quite some roller coaster ride, right? I''ve never felt this emotional in my life, barring my wedding day, of course.
9.gif

IG and BB, I swear, I have no idea where I get these twisted thoughts from. It''s like a constant Family Guy/Ren and Stimpy episode in my head. I can actually picture a little pink cervix, he''s got a jaunty little hat on, and somehow wearing a bow-tie, and he has a cane. Quite the classy guy- very debonair. Why is he a guy? No idea. I blame a horrific blog called "Me and my Beautiful Cervix" (I''m pretty sure that''s the one, but if you search for it- DON''T BLAME ME.) It''s actually really educational, a woman had her boyfriend take daily pictures of inside her cervix with write up of various stages in her cycle and symptoms. And yes, it makes me wanna *horf* just thinking about it. Interesting, but yeah, never again.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Sha!
35.gif

um.

I'm.So.Going.To.That.Website.Right.Now.com

OMG I love "gross" stuff. I watch surgery on my satellite whenever I can...

ETA: Omg omg omg omg omg omg I just went to that site - INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! thx Amber!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Amber!!! Uch, ugh...I just ate lunch!
6.gif
40.gif

LOL...just kidding
2.gif

Well, actually I did just eat lunch, but it was rather interesting to say the least. I don't think I'll be venturing back there anytime, but it's good to know it's there in case I'm ever curious again.
5.gif

Hello Sha - glad you came out of lurkdom to join us!
35.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t it incredible? And pretty gross, but still, like, WOW. That''s some boyfriend. My husband has seen all good and bad of me, but yeah. No need to venture inside there, homie.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
MY EYES MY EYES MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAD to google it. It was a bit on the *vomit* but educational side. I always click on the links that I know will make me sick.

So yeah.

Sha - I O'd around day 16 this month, give or take a day, I believe...and I'm not too worried about it at this point. Last month I wasn't keeping very good track at all.

I wouldn't get too worried if your are recently off the pill. I think it can impact your cycle for a while. DH and I are being pretty laid back at this point. If we've been TTC for five or six months then I'll start looking into stuffs.

ETA - agree with you Amber that there are some things that DH is just better off not seeing...and the daily changes of Monsieur Cerveeks is one of those things!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
LL, I''m telling you, I''m the same way. I know I''m doing something wrong, but still. MUST LOOK.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Thanks mela lu and blushingbride.
1.gif
I'm not TTCing yet, hopefully in the next couple months, but I do check this Board every day to keep up with all your TTC stories. I guess I'm enjoying the TTC journey through all of you.... kind of like vicarious TTC?

littlelysser, yeah...hopefully it's just post-pill wonkiness causing my late cycles. Oh well, there's still time for things to regulate. CD 16 sounds like a good day to "O'... . Good luck to you this month!

K. Now I HAVE to go check out that Cervix site. It sounds SOOOO intriguing!!
10.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey-Lo Ladies! Seems like all is quiet on the breeding front. I think most us of are either knitting or cursing the day we became women, and wondering why the hell we have to deal with this pain while men get to do what, lay back and relax (AFF)? Even when I was ecstatic to have AFF appear, I was still like, DAMN YOU.

I''m on CD 3, nothing interesting at all. I think the start of the cycles are like, the most boring time ever.

How is everyone else doing?

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
oh sighsville. Nothing new here either - except trying so hard to keep my Debbie Downs to myself. (((SIGH))) I just found out my BFF is having a girl - and while I''m thrilled for them (they wanted a girl), I just can''t help feeling, well...er, BAD for us! I know I know "our time will come" but i''m human and I cannot help these feeling. I actually fought tears at my desk. urgh.

Anyways. Onward. I''m on CD6 and trying to get mobilized for another round of reno''s. We''re like animals. This time - kitchen! New coutertops, floor tiles and backsplash. It''ll look great, but I''m still not completely done the basement reno yet (details still left to do) so I''m kinda overdoing it a bit. Alas. Keeping busy keeps me out of trouble and keeps Debbie Downer to a dull roar.

The skies are really grey here (tons of rain) so I think that is contributing to my dark mood.
15.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
(not TTC just yet but i had to stop in to say i just checked out that site...my god. it''s hard to get through but very educational)

23.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hey girls....nothing new here either. I'm on CD 22 and ovulated sometime in past few days (not really sure since I'm not charting this cycle). I've just been going on my EWCM and O-sticks. So, I'm in the knitting phase for the first time.
5.gif

Well, I just found out a friend of mine is pregnant today. She's over three months with a due date of Feb. 5th. While of course I'm thrilled for her and her hubby, part of me was wishing it was me. I knew she was trying or was going to be trying soon, however I thought she was going to start in the fall so, hearing she's over 3 months was a bit of surprise....ho, hum....

Did you hear that Jennifer Garner is over 4 months along??

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I'm jealous of them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waaaah Wahhh
7.gif
39.gif

ETA: GL BB - We're rooting for you and happy that you're finally, offish in the Knitting Club!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Awww, ladies. ME TOO! I''m helping my friend pick out clothes and car seats and things for her baby, and yes, I love her to death but it''s literally painful for me to go to those websites. So yeah. Apparently the people around us are lucky.
7.gif

Okay gals, ONWARD AND UPWARD. Today we can be Mopey Mabels, but we must persevere. We WILL be jerkstores. We WILL be picking out names and baby clothes. We WILL GET KTFU.

AS DOG AS MY WITNESS, WE WILL JOIN THE RANKS OF THE KTFU.

And Moonwater, it''s INCREDIBLE, isn''t it?!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Helllllllo ladies.

I'm CD 22 - blah blah blah. knit knit knit. feh meh blergh.

So let me get this straight, Blen, BB and I are all on CD 22? Wow. We are some cycle triplets! I have been a weee bit annoyed these past few days...for no good reason. My poor DH. He's so nice.

Oh, and I have to say, my nails are finally starting to get a bit stronger! They are certainly as long as they've ever been, which isn't very long because I have crap nails. And my hair is also growing really fast.

Amber - I hope the new position as CIO is going well! I assume the attendant raise (at least in the form of back scratches or dinner cooking) are worth the additional stress.

Oh - and I was not at all surprised about J Garner. I'm a TOTAL gossip hound! I have numerous websites I peruse..I'm kind of a junky. And I sort of love her. And Ben Affleck with her. And I think their daughter is cute.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
So now I''m a Debbie Dummy too - what is KTFU? I like the sound of it...espesh the FU part. ^%$^#^#^$*&^&*^&*$ FU!!! I''m equal parts pissed off and sad about not being PG. @Q#$$@%$@%@^# and it is hard to just ''be happy'' for everyone else around you without letting on. Seriously. I deserve an oscar.

LOL.

so weird about you cycle triplets! Odds are ONE of you will be knocked up, non? I would die a happy death to see all 3 of you PG this cycle. MAN, that would make my whole life!

LittleL - do you think you''re nails and hair are improved due to your prenatals?

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 3:27:34 PM
Author: littlelysser
Helllllllo ladies.

Oh - and I was not at all surprised about J Garner. I'm a TOTAL gossip hound! I have numerous websites I peruse..I'm kind of a junky. And I sort of love her. And Ben Affleck with her. And I think their daughter is cute.

LittleL - are you a Lainey reader? www.laineygossip.com I love her
11.gif
I too am a huge smut monger. Dlisted, Perez, Lainey, I'm in....

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
LL, yes, it IS quite the joy bossing around a 17 pound dachshund. He thinks he can just come in and lay down on my side of the couch. I DON'T THINK SO, BUDDY. And, it's funny you mention dinner, DH actually MADE me dinner last night. I think it was because of the promise of angel food cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream that I made- under the threat that he owes me dinner. It worked, is all I know.

My nails and hair are growing like crazy too! Great for my manicure, bad news for my haircolorist!

BB, we welcome you to the ranks of Knitters. I hope we're all gone from here relatively soon. Does that make sense?

ETA: Apologies to all about my hyper actions, I waited in line for 20 minutes for a Subway sandwich.
14.gif
AND, I LOVE Jennifer Garner! I've been on Celebrity-Babies.com and Perez, and WWTDD, Superficial. Hm.. Do I actually WORK at work?

EETA: Knocked the F- Up.
9.gif
I'm crude.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
oh KTFU! HA hahaha. got it. I love your crudeness. it''s hilar.

um, I''d better get KTFU soon or else all of my babynames are going to get stolen. My girlfreinds and I have this "sign up sheet" on excel, where you can have all your fave babynames written, but can only BOLD 2 names per sex. Bold means = back off, get your own sandwich. It''s to try to avoid having 6 Oliver''s in one group of friends...but it''s not foolproof.

Anyways, I feel like I have a lot of names safely claimed within my group of girlfriends, but not safe from the rest of the world...(this is where I start sounding psycho). It just seems like the a lot of "my names" are becoming so popular and then the more popular they are, the less I like them. Le sigh. I hate getting so attached to a name and then have to ''give it up'' to the world. whoa.

Like, my mom is STILL getting over the fact that I relinquished Sofia. She whines "but I want a Sofia-aaaaaaaa......."

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mela! My friend who is pregnant asked me about a girls name. The middle name was Jane, which is our choice for middle. I slightly grumped to myself, and then said it was a great name. "Which is why we chose it, too!" Of course, she''s the one who has the uterus currently occupied, and I kinda have a "Space for rent" sign on mine, so I guess she gets dibs.

evenifIchoseitfirst I''m an a-hole. Last night DH actually mentioned a name he likes. Since he''s a teacher, he instantly shoots down all of my boy names and lists the various ways that can be ridiculed. He actually mentioned a name I like too, and I instantly said "YES, we''ll DO IT". I''m crazy.

You think you''re weird with your excel sheet?

My friend and I have a list of people we know who piss us off. It''s a shared google spreadsheet, and it''s an easy way to let off steam. We move them from less pissing off to most pissing off as the need arises.

I think I should be put into an institution.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OMG amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing. THAT is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!! Man, wow, that is hilarious!

See, we designed our baby name sign up sheet for those not quite ready to have babies YET, but dont want to lose out on "their name" just because some Jerkstore beat them to the fertilization race. So, in theory, if you were part of my list, you could have said to that girl "well, as you can see right here IN BLACK AND WHITE 'Jane' is here and bolded. Now BEAT IT!" LOL

The only name on my babyname list that was bolded for a while that I gave up for positive reasons was GEMMA. My girlfriend approached me and told me that she'd been thinking of the name for a while because Gemma was a combo of her two sister's names together (Gen and Emma) and would I mind giving it up. I obliged. I was feeling charitable. Now, if that had been the name 'Oscar' I woulda told her to beat it!
13.gif

ETA: DH hates the name Oscar. We have a hard time agreeing on boys names. Girls names- he's pretty much letting me pick!! :)

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
AMBER - LOL!!! I have a big club and little club! People I hate are in the large, open enrollment, "big club." The people I like are in the "small club," which has very very limited membership and a very very cranky bouncer...I''ve never thought of an actual spread sheet thought!

Mela - Yeah, I do think it is due to the PN vitamins...my nails are actually kind of long and semi-strong right now, and my nails are normally TOTAL crap. I don''t know what else it could be!

As for my gossip websites...well, Dlisted is my absolute favorite. Funny stuffs and sooooo wicked snarky. I just lurve it... I also like idontlikeyouinthatway.com, thesuperficial.com, ohnotheydidnt.com and for up to date gossip, sans snark, TMZ.com. I used to spend money buying gossip rags until I discovered I could it all for free!!!

I''ve not read this Lainey...I will be checking it out post haste!!!

Oh, and I got a couple baby names that I''d KILL if they were taken. Well, maybe not kill. But maim, slightly. Mira and Delilah are my two favorite girl names...and I guess I''d be alright if one of ''em got taken...but I''d be very sad if both were taken - of course the (potential) kid might come out and she''ll totally look like a Eunice Von Hooter...so who knows.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
oh NOICE names LittleL!
Where are you? I *feel* there is something UK about you...am I crazy?

How do you guys feel about naming your kids a ''popular'' name? Specifically, do you care if there is more than one or two kids in the same class with the same name?

Oh, I hope you love Lainey like I love Lainey! Start by reading the tab called "Gossip Guide". She uses a LOT of knicknames and "Laineyism''s" that may or may not confuse you. Like, instead of saying "Call me crazy", Lainey would say "Call me Cruise (Tom Cruise)". She has great blind items too - if you like smutty riddles. I do!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results