shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I dunno amber! I live in Canada, where we''d go see our GP first. Either way, great idea
2.gif
Keep us posted! I''ll be thinking about you.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Amber- Either doctor can order the blood test. If you are going to your regular doctor anyway that might be most convenient. However, your ob may prefer to order the test because if you need subsequent hcg levels, they may prefer to have them drawn at the same place. (I don''t think it would really make much difference but my doctor had mentioned something about wanting them done at the same lab).

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
So many intersting things in the IF world.

Today was IUI #2 and DH's count were again, phenomenal!

With only 24hr wait in between IUI's he had:

Pre-wash
106.6 mill swimmers, total motility 60.8 mill, motility 38%, forward progression 1-3 (3+ - 4 being highest).

Post-wash 74.5 mill, total motility 50.3 mill, motility 90%!!!!!, forward progression 3-4!!!!!

Benchmark is 10 mill., etc. Yesterday's counts were slightly higher after 1 day abstinence but motility was lower.

I think getting the "sample" at home made the difference. DH doesn't agree of course.

I am 54 hrs post HCG trigger now. We are still in the fertile window so BD will commence shortly.

Poor guy's gonna be blowing dust from the Sahara when I'm done w/ him
3.gif

BLEN - You add a medium to the sperm during transport to clinic that helps nourish it. They do what's called a density gradient wash where various viscous
levels of medium are placed on top of the sperm and the best ones actually swim to the top through all the layers. The fat, lazy and stupid ones hopefullly never make it thorough.

In the past they used to actually add caffeine to make them swim faster but this turned out to be bad overall on the quality.

How do I know this? I am just into it totally.

So guys it's not all the woman's cracked eggs fault as you can see sperm have "issues" too.

MELA - I am jealous of the tan I have never seen! Do tell of all the debauchery you had w/ the girls! So now your'e on CD 3?
I'm such in the IF Universe that you would be starting injections tonight. HaHa!!!

AMBER - Sorry those pesky BFN's keep coming. Those sticks, I'm telling u are evil. Here's to AFF and the next lucky cycle!

For everyone else, I guess we are in the KC for sure.

Lisa

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice Tiffany! I swear, I''m going to show up at that appointment with a list of things I need prescriptions for.
1.gif

I''m currently in a funk right now (although I am downloading the vacation pics!), my friend just sent me her 18 week shot, and I just broke down. What a child, right? One wonky cycle (with another BFN, btw), and I''m imagining the worst.
20.gif
I''m hoping both I and FF are wrong and I ovulated way later than they said, because my LP is now on day 17. I''m moping and stressing (probably not helping either) because our insurance doesn''t pay for IF testing and things like that, nor can we afford out of pocket. I dunno, I''m just being a Mopey McSadpants, distant cousin to Spongebob. Okay okay, I''ll post the pics tomorrow, hopefully!

Hope everyone is doing okay!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Amber, can we see your chart? And which S are you using to PO? If it''s the dollar store ones, I''d go get a drug store one. Once you get to 18 DPO with no AF and no BFP, I gather you''re supposed to call your doctor. Honestly? I think you''re prego and it just hasn''t picked up the hormone yet. Happened to me with the internet ones!

But let''s have a look at your chart to see if maybe you ovulated late. Maybe because of the sunburn stress?

And anyway, one wonky cycle does NOT in the LEAST mean that you have fertility problems!!! I mean AT ALL! It''s going to be A-OK. In fact, I really have this feeling that you''re pregnant.

Lisa! Glad to hear all the necessary cells are raring to go.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock

Hey gals! Hope everyone is doing well! I for one think my cycle is going to be significantly longer this time, since I should have already Oed by now (last month it was day 17).

Amber, here's wishing you baby vibes!

ffchart.GIF

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Amber-I'm sorry you're in a funk. This whole babymaking thing can be so much more stressful than it sounds!!
I agree with IG, either you ovulated later than you think (stress, traveling, sunburn, etc.) or you are pregnant. I definitely think a blood test is in order. Good luck!!!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies - I''m baaaaaaack!!!
35.gif
5.gif

I am still going through everyone''s threads from the past couple of weeks (so bare with me as I catch up), but looks like everyone is plugging along.

Our trip was absolutey phenomenal! Italy and Croatia were both HEAVENLY!
36.gif
We are definitely going back in the next few years. The food was delicious
18.gif
(even more so, in Dubrovnik, Croatia than in Italy....gasp....shocking I know!), the Adriatic was a deep, warm blue and the best part, no humidity...although it was HOT.

Highlights in Milan - we saw the famous Duomo (Cathedral) and climbed to the roof to get a bird''s eye view of Milan. We also saw Leonardo da Vinci''s, The Last Supper, which was truly breathtaking!
6.gif
9.gif

Highlights in Rome - we saw the Roman Coliseum, the ruins of the Roman forum, the famous Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, the Rome Parliament Building
the Pantheon, the Sistine Chapel and of course, the Vatican!

Highlights in Croatia (Mela, you''ll appreciate this) - we visited the town of Split and Dubrovnik. We were only in Split for a few hours and then drove down the Croatian coast to Dubrovnik. Sorry TGal - we did not have a chance to visit Hvar.
8.gif
Our villa was just a block away from Old Town Dubrovnik. Let me just tell you, walking through Old Town is like being in a true life fairytale. It''s so incredibly romantic and charming and we just so happened to be there during the annual summer festival so, that was cool. They had people singing, playing music or performing in the streets....it was truly magical! I''m so proud to say my husband is from this stunnging city!
30.gif
5.gif

I''ve attached a pic of Old Town in Dubrovnik from my camera phone (sorry for the bad quality) and will post more when I finally download all my pics (like Amber, we are lagging behind on that).

On the TTC front, I didnt'' temp or chart while on vacation. I had EWCM last Thurs. so, DH and I took advantage
31.gif
and we BD a little before that, but considering we were constantly around family, it made it a little difficult. Oh, and Amber we used Pre-Seed once, so we''ll see if it helps any or not for us. When I came home on Sat. I took a O-test and it was positive, as well as yesterday and this morning so, we''ve been BDing since we came home too. Today will be CD 21 for me and I tempted this morning for the hell of it and my temp was 77.50 so, it''s up there. I''m guessing I ovualated yesterday? I''m not sure of anything...with the clear EWCM on Thurs., the positive O-tests over the weekend and today, as well as today''s high temp, I''m all sorts of confused!
19.gif

Any ideas?

BTW - I see we have a new term - AFF™ - love it!!!
9.gif

IMG00073.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my chart, as you can see the sex days were few and far between! My temps are just so weird. I''m reaaaally hoping I ovulated late, though. I''m going to make an appointment today, I guess with my GP first to get all the asthma crap out of the way and ask for a blood test. Still no AFF yet.

awchart.png

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Amber- Hopefully your dr. will help clear things up for you. I am no expert, but your chart looks right to me... and it only takes one time, and it looks like it was timed well... I don't know. Have you tried different tests?
ETA: the temp drop today though makes me wonder if AF is going to show today?

BB- WELCOME BACK! Your trip sounds like it was just amazing.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Happy, thanks! Now I'm just waiting for my doctor's office to open. That's always fun, right?

ETA: Sooo consumed by myself.
20.gif
BB, welcome home!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Its like that old Mervyn''s commercial with the lady looking in the window... "open, open, open"

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Exactly!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Amber-The temp dip today makes me think AFF is on the way. It is strange that your luteal phase was longer than normal though. And by the looks of the chart it looks like you ovulated on day 13. Hmm. Hopefully the doc will call you soon.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tiffany. That''s what I was thinking, too. I''ve made an appointment for Tuesday the 29th. Kind of far away, but is it wrong that I''m kind of hoping AF should be here? This has been a really stressful month for me, with my dad out of work and not having insurance (and having really bad asthma), and my mom calling every day to help her figure out how to work HER unemployment.
20.gif
Along with the sunburn and the traveling, it''s just feeling like everything is piling on, ya know?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Amber - DEEEEEEEP breaths! Sounds like you are going through quite the crap storm! I hope you get an answer, either positive or negative, very soon. And that the other stuffs improve too! And I can''t wait to see Kauai pics!

BB - Welcome back! I''m glad you had a good vacation! That pic you posted looks amazing...wowsers!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Lisa - glad to hear DH and his little ''peeps'' are behaving this cycle! YEY for the great #''s!

BB - Welcome home! You were missed
2.gif
MAN oh MAN and I jeal of your trip. I''m def going next summer with the babe in tow (hopefully with a babe in tow) but I''m going!!! CAn''t wait to see your pics!

Amber - glad you got an appt. Hopefully we''ll get resolution sooner than later, heh?

Hello and happy knitting/dusting to the rest of ya''s!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Amber, HIL, LL and Mela!

Is anyone knitting right now? I guess I''ll be joining the knitting club in the next day or so....

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
nope. I''m enjoying a nice ride with AFF™.

I''m hoping to ''get back on the horse'' in 2 weeks...so you''ll be IN AGONY by then wondering/POAS. Hopefully it''ll be a BFP for you! :)

HEE!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I hope so too, but we shall see since our opportunities to BD were very few and far between...and not charting/temping this month makes me feel lost! It''s like I''m flying by the seat of my pants here.
28.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
hey...you never know! That ''flying by the seat of your pants'' has worked for quite a few Jerkstores around here! LOL.
Start knitting my friend!
17.gif
9.gif
41.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hey all. mondays are by far the most hectic day of the week for me, so i''m just getting around to catching up on this thread

Amber: boo. i am horribly impatient too, so i can only imagine your frustration at this point! it does seem like you''ve had a lot going on this month (but that you''re dealing with it really well!) so it''s likely that your clockwork cycle could have gotten out of whack. fingers crossed that you''ll have answers soon and that it''ll come in the form of a big fat positive test. it only takes one time
3.gif
9.gif
(that''s what i keep telling myself since DH and I were derailed a bit this month too)

BB: welcome back - your picture is such a teaser! more. please. i have never been, but my mother''s favorite city is Dubrovnik - she just loved everything about it! i''m knitting. not exactly sure where i am because i don''t temp, but if i had to guess i''d say somewhere between DPO4-6... i''m going to try to wait and POAS for a while. because i am already doubtful that this is the cycle, i don''t want to reinforce that doubt stick after stick after stick.

mela: i need a tan, but alas it''s not going to happen until the end of august when i finally get to the ocean for a little while. better late than never, i suppose. sounds like you had the weekend that you needed!

Lisa: sounds like things are all pointing towards a positive outcome - baby dust to you!!

everyone else - hope all is going well!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, thanks for the explanation. That''s really cool!

Amber, it''s not at all wrong to hope that AF will be here. You''ve been under a lot of stress. That temp drop looks like it should be soon, but from the length of your luteal phase I really thought you were pregnant yesterday. Hmm.

BB, that trip sounds amazing!! I''m really jealous.

I''m knitting - 3/4 dpo.

A different coworker announced today that she''s going to be a grandma. This one''s a vasectomy baby.
39.gif
What the heck is going on in my workplace!?! Although maybe all of the fertility will rub off on me or something. I can hope.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hi All, still cruisin along with no AFF. It''s weird, I''ve just lost all appetite and just feel so blah. Limbo is the worst, man. I''d kill for a + or a . right now.

Sorry I''m not very chatty today ladies! Good luck with your knitting all!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you get some answers, Amber. That stinks.

I''m CD 20, 3-4 DPO. So whooooo knows. I ''spose I''m knitting. But even I were to end up preggo, I''m not yet. So I''m more kind of buying yarn and reading a book about knitting.

Blen - It appears that we are cycle twins...hopefully we''ll get some good news.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hello again ladies! Thank you so much for your wonderful support. I feel so good about the decision to wait just one more cycle. I got a PEAK on my CBEFM today (right after a LOW, which isn't supposed to happen, I should get SOME WARNING!) and I can't lie- it's taking some strength not to pull DH into bed sans protection, but I know it's best to wait. Most women ovulate on the second peak day, which would be tomorrow, and then I wait for AF. And then- it's on.
31.gif

Amber- I'm so sorry you're in limbo. My first cycle charting, I had a 17 day luteal phase (according to FF) and was convinced I was pregnant. I agree with Tiffany, though...the drop definitely looks like a call from AF the DAY before she's coming to visit. I would expect her anytime tonight or tomorrow, though we could be wrong. Fingers crossed for either AF or a BFP soon, girl!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree- boy you''ve got some self control! I am also using the CBEFM and I''ve had that happen a couple of times, going from low to peak with no high days. I don''t know what''s up with that. This month I have had all highs, no peaks, but I am pretty sure I ovulated based on temps, I''ll be sure after a few more high temps.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, AFF has struck with deadly punctuation, much like periods are apt to do. At least this cycle is done.
15.gif
I really appreciate all who have helped me and held my hand during this overly dramatic saga of mine! Until next cycle, ladies. Now I''m going to CIO.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
((((Amber))))

LittleLysser, it''s funny that not only are we on the same schedule, but neither of us seems to know exactly what dpo we are.
9.gif

EBree - Welcome again. You''ve got a lot of restraint!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results