carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

PilsnPinkysMom|1387304803|3576230 said:
The chances of being pregnant are -500%... so I think I'll wait 'til 14DPO before I test. I think it would be super weird to have my LP lengthen a full six days after taking 4 100mg B6 pills sporadically over the first half of my cycle, and something would surely be 'up' if that happened, whether it was a pregnancy or other issue. Maybe stress is delaying the onset of AF?

I don't think stress can delay AF, only ovulation. So here's to hoping it's the other thing.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

PPM, how much B6 are you taking? I tried taking B6 about 5-6 months ago, and then I had a super long cycle like 6 weeks long, which is very unusual for me. Like you, I typically have spotting by 9dpo or so. After doing some reading, I found out that too high of doses can inhibit ovulation. I was never able to get a clear positive OPK, so I am pretty sure the B6 delayed my ovulation that cycle. But if you were able to detect ovulation, that's probably not a problem for you. Hopefully, it just means your LP is increasing.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

MP, I was taking 100mg. I've read that one should take 50mg daily 'til ovulation, then 100mg daily after ovulation. What dosage did you take? I'll have to look into the ability of B6 to inhibit ovulation- so interesting! And of course, our bodies are all different- some more sensitive than others. Did you try anything else to lengthen your luteal phase?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

PPM, I think I was taking 100 throughout the whole cycle, and I'm prtty sure it was the second cycle after I started that I had that really long weird cycle this past summer. Apparently it has worked for some people, but I don't think it did anything for my LP. The only thing that has worked to prevent pre-AF spotting is when I have an HCG trigger to ensure ovulation and use prometrium suppositories. However, in my case, I'm convinced it is because I do not have a strong ovulation on my own. You've gotten pregnant before pretty easily before, so hopefully, it won't be an issue for you.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Yes PPM I am hoping it is "the other thing" too! Fingers crossed - or even just for a longer LP, as you hope.

LC - frustrating that your cycles are getting longer. Our RE friend and my obstetrician both said that this sometimes happens after the cessation of hormonal birth control (of any sort) - the first few cycles are shorter and then they resume whatever pattern they were going to resume. I know acupuncture helped you last time; I'm more impatient than you so my feeling would be that if my cycles were still lengthening I'd see an RE, as you've gotta be in it (ovulating) to win it (get KU). The original plan back when we were TTC #1 was that if my cycles were very long, I'd start Clomid.

AFM, here I am obsessively looking at charts on FF to see if anybody gets pregnant with the same pattern of OPKs, CM and BDing as we did :roll: Seriously, I need to Step. Away. From. The. Computer.

CD 22 here, and ?3 ?2 DPO.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

pancake|1387323100|3576417 said:
AFM, here I am obsessively looking at charts on FF to see if anybody gets pregnant with the same pattern of OPKs, CM and BDing as we did :roll: Seriously, I need to Step. Away. From. The. Computer.

Welcome to the club. I do that too....and, of course look at the HPT galleries.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I told myself is only test today (14dpo) if my temp stayed up. It fell below my cover line. So, AF will be here tomorrow. Or maybe even today if I'm lucky. Amazingly I still have one FRER, two digis, and two dollar store tests left (said the girl who doesn't trust cheapies). It is frustrating that after one cycle of eh timing and two if perfect timing I'm still here. But I know it's normal for it to take some time.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, it's totally human to be frustrated. I think something so biological/instinctual as having babies makes it really hard to be rational about it. It's very emotional. Sorry about AF, but I'm impressed you having burned through all your HPTs yet. LOL.

Pancake, Fingers crossed for your chances this cycle. I think you guys hit your timing pretty well.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Sorry amc, I'm sure it's disappointing especially since it happened so fast last time. You always here the statistics that even with a healthy couple, you only have a 20-25% chance of success each month. The odds are in your favor that your time is coming really soon though. Hang in there!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Thanks gals. I know it will happen (well, I know it will probably happen) soon but still you just never know. One thing I am going to do this cycle is cut out caffeine. I did it when we were trying with B. Apparently over 50mg a day can inhibit the muscles in the fallopian tubes from property carrying the egg. I don't drink a ton, but I do have a latte and a diet coke or two every day. Time to switch to decaf.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, I have been thinking about the caffeine too. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do usually have one or two diet sodas a day if we go out to eat or if I need a pick me up in the afternoon work. My doctor said that this small amount of caffeine shouldn't be a problem, but I might as well give myself the best chance. Assuming I don't get a BFP this month (which let's be honest is pretty likely), I too am going to try cutting out caffeine.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1387385308|3576880 said:
amc, I have been thinking about the caffeine too. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do usually have one or two diet sodas a day if we go out to eat or if I need a pick me up in the afternoon work. My doctor said that this small amount of caffeine shouldn't be a problem, but I might as well give myself the best chance. Assuming I don't get a BFP this month (which let's be honest is pretty likely), I too am going to try cutting out caffeine.

Oh good, we can be tired and cranky together :)

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1387387700|3576899 said:

I'll jump on that bandwagon, too. I love my AM coffee... and PM coffee... :cheeky:

I've been thinking about diet and sleeping a lot lately, too- just the impact they have on overall health and wellbeing. To be totally honest, I'm nowhere NEAR the shape I was in pre-Eloise's pregnancy, and I know it might be smart to focus on losing a few more pounds and getting into a good exercise groove before getting pregnant. But. Yeah...

CD 1 for me, of course, AFTER I wasted a FRER last night on my -5000% chance of being pregnant. That means AF came at 10 DPO- no different from any other cycle :knockout:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1387389482|3576921 said:
amc80|1387387700|3576899 said:

I'll jump on that bandwagon, too. I love my AM coffee... and PM coffee... :cheeky:

I've been thinking about diet and sleeping a lot lately, too- just the impact they have on overall health and wellbeing. To be totally honest, I'm nowhere NEAR the shape I was in pre-Eloise's pregnancy, and I know it might be smart to focus on losing a few more pounds and getting into a good exercise groove before getting pregnant. But. Yeah...

CD 1 for me, of course, AFTER I wasted a FRER last night on my -5000% chance of being pregnant. That means AF came at 10 DPO- no different from any other cycle :knockout:

Ditto. I'm way heavier and in not as good shape. I was working out a ton for my wedding before I got pregnant with B. I'm still working out but not as much as I should. I see a trainer twice a week for strength training but I'm slacking on cardio. I've wondered if that will have an impact on TTC but I'm guessing not seeing how my hormones appear to be in check.
Bummer on wasting your FRER. Oh well, new cycle, new possibilities. AF should be here tomorrow for me.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I take that back. AF was thoughtful enough to show up a day early. How polite.

Fazilla

Rough_Rock

I'll play!

We are in the process of trying to conceive #2. Our daughter is just over a year old so we figured it was a good time to start trying. WWee wanted to have them close in age so that they can grow up together.

I stopped taking BC in Nov, had a bleed that doesn't count, and still waiting for the witch to make a show.

My last l&d was traumatic so hoping this one will be smoother...

Good luck to all of us!

PS - I find it odd that even though I have already been through one pregnancy, the conception, obsessive testing... I'm still as anxious about this for the second time as I was going into it the first time!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

amc80, ugh. At least it makes the current cycle a day shorter and you can move onwards and upwards to the next.

PPM, sorry to hear that AF arrived after all that. I know you felt this cycle was unlikely, but that doesn't diminish the disappointment that much, I know. What's the plan from here? Are you just going to keep going as you are for the minute? Remind me, was E conceived with assistance (?IUI)?

Anchor - how's your TWW going?

Fazilla - welcome! I am seeing how easy it is to get obsessive about TTC. We conceived our first daughter (now 22m) before we had started TTC "in earnest", so never experienced this the first time around. This is just our first cycle really TTC and I am trying hard - with only moderate and intermittent success! - not to get too sucked in to all the technicalities. It is hard though!

AFM, going on when I think I ovulated, I am assuming I'm now 5dpo. Have been trying to temp "properly" but it's pretty erratic! Temps seem to have gone up though, had I temped earlier in this cycle I think I would have had a coverline around 36.5C (97.7). Temps are now sitting around 37.7-37.8 (~98.2) so I hope that means that I have indeed ovulated, it's hard to know as I didn't really get the temping thing going as I had intended to.

Fazilla

Rough_Rock

Anyone heard about moonstones? Apparently it's a healing gemstone that helps with fertility...not sure what I think of it but when I was TTC #1, I wore until after delivery (I had a pendant).

I'm in Canada and we have stores that sell various items for just a buck or two (dollaramas) and I was actually able to find ovulation kits/pregnancy tests for a just over a dollar...just throwing it out there...

Still waiting for my period...I know I'm not pregnant so I wish I would just get it so we can start the cycle again!

How's everyone else doing?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Fazilla, welcome! We in the US also have the HPTs/OPKs at the dollar stores. I don't really trust them since they are known for bad evaps, but I did buy some this cycle. It's testing without guilt. Actually at Walmart here you can get HPTs for 88 cents.

Fazilla

Rough_Rock

Thanks!

That makes me mad! Haven't been able to find something like that at walmrt for that price...thus the excitement of finding it at the dollar store. Last time we bought about 20 OPKs and didn't feel too bad. We were in the states a couple of weeks ago, even went to Walmart, but it completely slipped my mind to check for the kits!

Once we did find out that I was pregnant, I spent more money on a reputable brand test kit to be certain.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

I haven't bought any cheapie HPTs, I just have FRERs... I bought my OPKs on eBay though. $10 for 50 seemed ok to me, prob not as cheap as the US but for us that's pretty good.

Just plodding along here, somewhere between 4 and 7 DPO and temps all over the place. The problem is that I've been sleeping REALLY badly the last week or so - not sure why as I am neither anxious nor stressed - and so invariably I'm waking at ~4am, then again at ~5am, and then again at 6-ish. Ew. I am meant to be trying to test around the same time each day, non?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

7DPO, nothing to report... Anyone due to test soon? ETA: Pancake, thanks for asking. I'm good this cycle, not as impatient, probably because I've been feeling sort of "whatever" over it all month, plus the holidays is a busy time. Re: temping - I don't always temp exactly at the same time every day, but it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference for me if I've slept 5+ hours and I do it before getting out of bed.

Welcome Fazilla! I'm in Canada too and I bought a conception pack from early-pregnancy-tests.com. Shipping is free for orders over 15$, and I ended up paying less that 0.54$/test because they sent me some extra pregnancy tests for free. I bought some Fertilitea from there too.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Are you going to test, anchor?

I'm down at my ILs' beach house for Christmas and decided not to bring any tests with me. We'll be back home on Saturday and I think I'm going to see if I can just wait for AF to arrive (or...hopefully not arrive!).

amc80

Ideal_Rock

FYI- FF has a deep discount going on right now- $25 for a year. It's on their fb page.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Pancake - I'm going to test on Saturday(14DPO) if AF hasn't arrived yet. I'm expecting it on Friday, we'll see. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Merry Christmas fellow TTCers!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Mine are crossed for you too, anchor!!

I think I'm around 11-12 DPO now. I'll try not to test until next Monday, AF would probably arrive that day otherwise I think. Not quite sure. Don't have my BBT thermometer with me here at the beach, forgot to bring it!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Meh, feels like AF is coming. Wouldn't be expecting it until at least Sat though...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Yeah, I'm either preggo or PMSing, not sure yet.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Yay anchor! When are you testing?

Hello to everyone else. Where is everyone in their cycles? I'm on cd9 and should ovulate mid- next week. I'm ready to get this show on the road. It's cycle three of trying but seems like four (since that first month we had an oops, even though, as it turned out, I had already O'd so a BFP wasn't possible). Hoping we all get our BFPs soon. Getting one this month = September due date, and I really like sapphires :)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Good luck as you gear up amc80!

I still feel gross and pre-menstrual to the nines here. Massively bloaty and crampy yesterday, today stomach is sluggish and I have a headache. Weird bad dreams. Oily hair and skin threatening to break out. Fluctuating progesterone is not kind to me, if this is what my cycles are to be like off HBC then I need to get pregnant ASAP. Ugh.

Think I am ~13DPO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results