clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Time to get some action :)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Aaaaaaaaand in an amazing stroke of rubbish luck, DH came down with high fevers and sweats last night. Poor thing; he tried to hide it and to give it a go, but somehow it was never going to happen :(

Hopefully he's a bit better today...

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Pancake, booo your DH getting sick. What a trooper trying to soldier on though. Hoping he feels up to it after a good night's rest? Do you know how long your positive OPKs last? I know a few ladies have longer surges, so hopefully you'll manage to hit a good window.

Today is my cookie baking today. I've got 3 recipes I want to try out for a cookie swap. DH is excited that we'll be inundated with cookies...

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

LC, he wants to give it a shot now, so we'll give it a go when S goes down for her nap this arvo. OPK still blazingly positive this morning, I don't know how long my surge is as this is the first cycle I've ever used them. That being said - I have definite bloating today that I didn't have yesterday, but CM is still not EW in consistency, so I'm not sure what's happening there. Hopefully we still have a little window! It was unexpected as based on the last two cycles I didn't anticipate ovulating until Wed/Thurs this week, and it's only Sunday morning here. So mixed blessings - might have missed the boat this cycle but hopefully this augurs well for the length of cycles to come...

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Hmmm ok, so OPK is still positive now (Sun afternoon); had some EWCM and unpleasant bloating cramping through the morning. Managed to get some action in when S went down for her nap. Stupid me forgot to temp this morning so I'm not sure of O timing. If it was today, then we got action on O day and O-4.5. Not ideal but D was sick last night and the night before so we probably couldn't have done better. Think it's going to be a 32 day cycle.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Well, bfn for me. I know at 11dpo it's too early to call myself out, but I'm really not expecting a BFP at this point. Hopefully LC has better luck!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Bummer AMC.

Pancake, That's a decent showing for BDing considering your DH was sick. Hopefully it'll be enough. And hooray for a 32 day cycle. :) That's just 4 days longer than a typical one.

BFN for me today too. But no AF yet. I'll try testing again in 2 days if I don't get AF by then. My LP is usually 10 or 11 days, so I was really expecting yesterday if I wasn't pregnant. Having a early holiday celebration with DH tonight. It'd SUCK if I get AF tonight though. No holiday action... :nono:

~LC

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Boo to the BFNs! It IS still early though girls - I guess just wait and see if AF shows? Still have everything crossed for you LC and amc80. anchor where are you? Hope you're keeping positive and gearing up for this coming cycle.

I still have NFI what is happening here. OPK is STILL clearly positive this morning (first positive was about 40 hours ago), but I had 3-4 hours of cramping/bloating yesterday morning which I assumed to be related to O? CM seems to have gone back to non-EW I think (although hard to tell because of, um, recent action). I temped this morning and it was 36.55 (97.8 ) - pretty useless considering I didn't temp over the last 3-4 days but it is around where my baseline was earlier in the cycle (~97.7). So from other signs (LH surge, pain, CM) I thought I had O'ed but not according to temps. My understanding is that confirmation of O by temps would be at least a 0.4F rise? Maybe I haven't O'ed at all??? Or maybe the temp is just on the upsweep. I don't know!

Anyway, so either way, we BDed again this morning. I don't think we're totally out this cycle but I don't think we did ourselves too many favours. I suppose to be fair, I didn't think I would O until CD21-22, and if it was yesterday it was CD18.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Pancake- the temp shift only needs to be .2 degrees above the prior 5 or 6 temps. Remember that sperm can live for a while so I bet you are fine timing wise.

I have 3 tests left, but two are digital. Not sure when I will use my last FRER.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

amc80 I would try to hold out and only test if AF is late - I imagine that seems impossible but I think that you will get an answer one way or another then. I hope you are right and we are somewhat covered. We'll see I guess! I was a hopeless BBT charter this month, I remembered for the first few days, then basically have no temps over the last week so really, the isolated measurement this morning is meaningless!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

AMC and LC- Sorry about the BFNs. I hope that it's just taking a little longer to show up positive and that you'll both be getting good news for the holidays.

Pancake- Yay for lots of positive OPKs! I was never good at temping when I actually did it a few years ago. I hope your timing works out! Sorry that your DH was feeling so ill.

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Delurking for a sec...pancake is it possible that you are pregnant? Bloating, cramping, creamy cm, many positive OPK's....

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Nope mlk, I wish! OPK is now fading out. I'm only day 19 of my cycle now so it'd have to be pretty wacky for me to be preg!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Sorry to hear that pancake hope you still have time for action then! Going back to lurking now...good luck to you all x

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

OK experts, so today is the 16th. I think, but am not sure, that I ovulated yesterday, on the 15th. EWCM is gone, OPK now negative again, had 4 hours of cramps yesterday, now feel normal.

I had positive OPKs from late afternoon on the 14th until early this morning - now faded.

We hit it on the 11th, 15th and 16th.

Can we stop now, or do we need to keep going? TTC sex is nowhere near as fun as "normal"!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Add me to the NFI what's going on camp. Sunday has come and gone, and no AF yet. Odd because I would've expected it today. Came back from our (me & DH) early X'mas together dinner and tested on a cheapie, still BFN. Not that I expected anything different since I tested just this AM. I'll test again on Tues though, JIC. DH is going on a work trip on Tues so it'd be nice if I could tell him before he leaves. Otherwise we might do a Skype call with the news.

AMC, since you only have 1 FRER left, I'd wait at least 2 days. I might pick up a FRER tomorrow too. Wait, I think I might have some at home now. Maybe I'll give it a go tonight before going to bed.

Pancake, wow, that's some definitely good coverage with BDing thus far. And sperm can survive for like 5 days, so you're in a pretty good spot if you hit a few days ago, and the first + OPK and this one.

~LC

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

I'm still here! I've been feeling kind of "blah" this cycle. I took a break from temping. I probably O'ed on Saturday and we BD'ed Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Trouble is, DH has a cold and wasn't able to finish on Friday night and Saturday morning, so this cycle might be a bust. Oh well.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

BFN this morning on the FRER, so I think I'm out. I'm not sure if I'm on CD1... had some bright red "spotting" but no flow. I'm expecting AF today though.

Anchor, still some pretty decent coverage on BDing. I'll keep fingers crossed though.

~LC

amc80

Ideal_Rock

pancake|1387170559|3575090 said:
OK experts, so today is the 16th. I think, but am not sure, that I ovulated yesterday, on the 15th. EWCM is gone, OPK now negative again, had 4 hours of cramps yesterday, now feel normal.

I had positive OPKs from late afternoon on the 14th until early this morning - now faded.

We hit it on the 11th, 15th and 16th.

Can we stop now, or do we need to keep going? TTC sex is nowhere near as fun as "normal"!!!

You are good. I mean, do it if you want to :naughty: , but if you O'd yesterday the egg is pretty much dead by now anyway.

I didn't test today. I thought about it and then realized I'd be annoyed that I didn't wait. I think I will test on Wednesday, which is 14DPO, so AF would be due the next day. I realize I could just wait until AF is late, but if by chance I get a BFP I want to get my betas done and if I waited until Thursday I wouldn't be able to get the second draw until Monday. So yeah, Wednesday it is. Not that I'm hopeful at all, though.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Sorry LC, I hope that you have better luck next cycle. I know all too well how hard it is to see those BFNs.

Amc, sorry you had a BFN yesterday as well, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I was really hoping at least one of you would get good news this weekend. I bet it won't be much longer though. Hang in there!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Snap on the sick hubby, Anchor - bummer, but you still got some action in in the window - and that's all you need. Goodness knows, we conceived our daughter whilst not really trying and only had sex once in the 3 WEEK period around that time!!

My temp has risen and everything has dried up (um, literally) so O is long-gone. TWW twins again Anchor - think the days are even in sync!

LCand amc - disappointed for you guys. But gunning for you both big time for next cycle x

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the encouragements. I got my first "just relax, it'll happen" on Saturday. My SIL has PCOS and it took her and my brother 3 years to conceive their 1st, so I found it odd coming from her. She was probably was thinking along the lines of 'it took you one try with your first so chill', which I would understand if my gynecological health hadn't deteriorated so drastically. 5 years ago next April, I was in perfect health; I'm now under medication for depression and anxiety, 30lbs heavier, missing an ovary and fallopian tube, and possibly suffering from endometriosis. I told her as much and I think she felt bad then. At any rate, this sucks all around.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, pancake and amc!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

anchor we can be TWW and "missed our most fertile days" buddies ;-) I think in the end our profile is similar to yours in that I most likely ovulated on Sunday, but the only time we managed to BD BEFORE that was Wednesday last week (O-4) and then we snuck in a couple on O day and the day after but they're unlikely to put us in the running. I work in female reproductive research and you definitely only need one ovary!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Hello!

Things are moving kind of slow around here... Bummed about the BFNs, but LC and AMC, fingers still crossed for you.

We didn't go for the gold last cycle. It's been 6 weeks since we BDd. Seriously. I hate this moving stress. DH wanted to pass because of job uncertainty (thus, insurance uncertainty) and he is right... But it killed my desire cold. Good news is that we move this weekend, DH has been recruited for two jobs, so we will resume our TTC agenda soon.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

PPM, hello! I am glad to be TTCing with you again - the "old crew" (for me anyway) so to speak! The language around TTC is so funny - I giggled at your not "going for gold" and "resuming the TTC agenda". So romantic, isn't it ;-) Anyway, I hope that things settle down for you guys soon. How is your beautiful little girl?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Yay for cycle twins Pancake & Anchor. Keeping fingers crossed for you guys.

PPM, Congrats on the move and that your DH's job prospects looking so good. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly and you can get back onto the TTC train.

Anchor, it's so trite when ppl say, "Just relax and it'll happen." Gah it's so infuriating that ppl say that. Even in your case where you SIL also knows the struggle and the longing for a baby and being disappointed. I've learned from PS to be supportive. I know it's hard. And I'm really hopeful for you to grow your sweet family.

AFM: Not much going on. CD2 here. Based on prior cycles, our money window is Jan 10th-ish. I was going through FF and it looks like my cycles are slowly getting longer and longer by a few days each cycle. Stupid body, quite stretching out cycles! After next cycle, I will start doing acupuncture again and just have a standing appt with a sitter, and dog boarding or something.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I know I'm not out until AF shows, but I'm pretty sure I'm out. My temp dropped this morning. It's not below my cover line, but about half way between the cover line and yesterday's temp. I'm guessing it will fall way down tomorrow and AF will be here Thursday. Although I'm feeling a bit crampy today so maybe she will be early....which would be nice since I'm ready to move on to the next cycle...aka cycle #3.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

AMC, hoping if she's on her way, that AF will just hurry up so you can be on CD 1.

LC, will you discuss your long cycles with the acupuncturist so that s/he can focus the session on reproductive well being? I know you had success with acupuncture before, while TTC E. Good luck!

9ish DPO, and no signs of AF. This is unusual for me- last three cycles my LP has been around 8 days, with spotting a few days before AF shows. No spotting yet. There's this crazy part of me that thinks, "Hmm... my last period was super short- 4 or so days... maybe I WAS pregnant and it was just spotting and I should take a test!" :rolleyes: I don't know why I let my mind even go there. I'm excited for a potential longer LP. 10 or 11 days would be amazing! I took B6 inconsistently throughout this cycle- maybe it made a difference?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PPM- I've heard great things about B6 so hopefully it is working. Or, maybe you are just pregnant. When will you test?

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

The chances of being pregnant are -500%... so I think I'll wait 'til 14DPO before I test. I think it would be super weird to have my LP lengthen a full six days after taking 4 100mg B6 pills sporadically over the first half of my cycle, and something would surely be 'up' if that happened, whether it was a pregnancy or other issue. Maybe stress is delaying the onset of AF?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results