carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

PilsnPinkysMom|1388781793|3585716 said:
Yay Friday! Says the unemployed SAHM-ish living in her parent's house in her old hometown :sick:

RT: How ya doing? How was timing this cycle?

AFM: The last few cycles I've O'd on CD 17, which is today... and yesterday I had a glob of EWCM... So I'm on track. May run out and get an OPK just to see. Unfortunately our timing stinks. We BD'd O-10, O-8, and O-3. I tried last night, but DH couldn't, erm, finish. This is NOT the first time that's happened right around ovulation. I feel pretty crappy about it, and I'm sure he does, too. I don't know if it's physical or mental, related to TTC or me, or who knows what. We may try to BD this evening, but odds aren't in our favor. Too bad- AMC we could have been due date twins!

PPM: That's us too. We aimed for ED this cycle but I didn't temp or do opks because I just needed a month off from all of that. I predict based on my usual signs that I O'ed on CD16 so we hit O and O-4. Meh. We missed O-1 because DH decided to invite a bunch of people over on NYE which kind of put a damper on things! FWIW, I got pregnant with DS in a cycle where we only BD'ed once! You're not out til you're out! Also DH told me to say hello for him and that he hopes things are goin good for you guys up north (still up north?), it's been awhile!

AMC: Have you tried the CBFM? I did that for a few cycles and it definitely helped to clear things up a bit more. However, on the other hand, with pcos, my RE says that opks are basically a waste of time for me so I've pretty much stopped those all together. I do know it has helped a lot of people with figuring out O though and is more often than not worth the money.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

random - yep, when we conceived my daughter we had no idea what was going on, it was my first cycle off the OCP, and DH got gastro so we only did it once in the 3 week period around "the window". Found out we were pregnant about a month later when I went to get checked out because my period hadn't come back! So you're definitely not out till you're out :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PPM- If you O tonight I'd say you are in the game. O-3 isn't horrible timing. I think it was LC who got pregnant with O-5 or something crazy? As far as the every day/every other day thing, I did some research. I found one article written by and RE that said even with normal counts, after 2-3 days of every day action a man's supply can be impacted. So we've been doing 2 days in a row and then a 1 day rest. Today we are due for a rest day but if I O today I want to hit it.

Random- I've looked into it. My problem is that I don't like the digi OPKs, so I don't know if I would love the monitor. I like being able to see the lines on an OPK. While I don't get much time between a positive and when I O, I do get a decent fade in, so I know when I'm a few days out. Plus I get EWCM at least 5-7 days in advance, so that is helpful. This month is just a little weird because I almost always O on CD 14 or 15. Once or twice a year I will have a longer cycle that throws me for a loop.

I think at this point my bases are covered, whether or not we BD again tonight. I know FF likes to see 3 BDs during the fertile period, which it defines as O-3 through O+1. And I hate disappointing a computer program :)

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1388784528|3585763 said:
I think at this point my bases are covered, whether or not we BD again tonight. I know FF likes to see 3 BDs during the fertile period, which it defines as O-3 through O+1. And I hate disappointing a computer program :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just made DH run out and get me some OPKs from the drug store. Ohhh hubby. Hope he got the cheap ones, 'cause I probably won't even get a positive if O is about to happen.

RT: We're actually in OHIO now! Tell your hubby I said hello! How are you guys doing? Still out West? We just moved to Ohio last week, more or less... needed to be closer to family. So far it's, erm, interesting.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1388785563|3585780 said:
amc80|1388784528|3585763 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just made DH run out and get me some OPKs from the drug store. Ohhh hubby. Hope he got the cheap ones, 'cause I probably won't even get a positive if O is about to happen.

RT: We're actually in OHIO now! Tell your hubby I said hello! How are you guys doing? Still out West? We just moved to Ohio last week, more or less... needed to be closer to family. So far it's, erm, interesting.

No kidding! Yeah, we're still in Denver but thinking of moving out to Parker in a few years since it's closer to where we both work :) We're still waiting to get into a house but that's mainly because we're in the middle of saving a decent sized deposit instead of just jumping into it.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Happy Friday of 2014 ladies!

PPM, it's not over until it's over. AMC has great memory, I got pregnant with E with a O-5 BD session and that was it. I thought FOR SURE I was out of the running. I also ended up with a boy too, so that Shettle's method is a load of hooey IMO.

AMC whoa you've got your bases covered. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys :)

Random, so not cool with unexpected house guests, but hoping you had fun on NYE.

AFM, not much to add. I'm not expecting to O until after the 10th, so I'm just waiting around till then. I'm getting some Fertilitea in the mail, so hoping that'll be helpful for me...

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

No BD last night... Or really, BD with no "grand finale" :nono: Same issue as the night before O. It just makes me feel like crap. I feel unattractive, or like i've got hotdog/hallway issues since having E...Like it's just not good enough anymore. I don't even know. :(( DH said that he just started taking Zoloft again and he thinks that's what's impacting his ability to finish. IDK... Maybe our O-3 will be enough. Here's hoping he has super-sperm like LC's hubby!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

PPM, I do hear that some anti-depression meds have affects like your DH was talking about. Have him talk to his provider about it, especially since it's causing a lot of self doubt on your side. Please do not feel like it's you, but I know it's so hard to get out of your own head. And sperm can survive up to *5 days* (which is kinda creepy if you think about it). So O-3 could potentially be just fine.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

PPM, I'm sorry to hear that last night didn't go so well. My husband has been on antidepressantsanti-anxiety meds the whole time we have been together and he used to have issues with climaxing too, although not so much in recent years. If your hubby has only just gone back on to them, it may be something that improves? In any case, you have solidarity here x

(and O-3 is good timing!)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PPM, I'm sorry :( Do you think it was the lone fault of the pill? Or a combination of the pill and self-induced pressure to perform during your fertile time?

AFM, ugh. I expected to O yesterday or today. But B was up most of the night which meant I didn't get much consecutive sleep. I temped this morning and it was higher than previous temps. But not as big of a jump as normal. So I don't know if it was actually my temp shift or just the result of bad sleep. Ultimately it doesn't matter since our bases are covered, but to me, the entire point of temping is to pinpoint ovulation, so it's annoying that of all the nights for bad sleep it had to be that night. I usually get very noticeable O pains as well, and yesterday they were less sharp and more general crampiness, so who knows. Hopefully I will get a clearer picture of when/if I O'd with tomorrow's temp.

This may sound bad, but we've BDed 5 of the last 7 nights, and it's a bit much for me. I'm much more of an every few nights type of girl. Oh well, I guess there are worse problems to have.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Downton Abbey returns tomorrow! :)

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Just checking in, CD20 today or roughly 4dpo. EWCM up the wazoo. Not too concerned about that, just hoping to make it at least 5 more days til AF arrives!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

Dipping my teensy tiny little pinky toe into the TTC water over here for a very brief moment.... :errrr:

Haven't been active on PS for awhile, since I had my daughter in July 2012, when I swore UP and DOOOWN and all ARRROUND that we were officially DONE having any more kids. My ODS is 4 and DD is 18 months. However, even though I haven't actively participated in PS, I've checked in weekly to catch up on everyone's exciting adventures.

Well, for the past few months I've started to get the "urge" to grow our family to 3 kids. The timing couldn't be worse (DH's and my job is very demanding/lots of travel, etc), and our current childcare costs exceed $40k /annually for just the two kids. :shock:
But with all of that said, it's been great watching our little boy and girl grow up together, and I think it would be the icing on the cake to bring ONE more child into our crazy, loving home. :))

Timing-wise, I am hoping to actively TTC this summer (so, we have some time). I'm currently on Celexa and take Ambien on occasion to help me sleep - so I definitely want to give my body enough time to get completely free and clear of those meds. I've always wanted a Spring baby, as my son was born in October and my daughter born on July 4th. So, we'll see what happens. I'm also going to be 35 years old this year, so I want to be somewhat sensitive to my age.

Until then, I will continue to follow your journeys and quietly root you on from over here. I look forward to jumping onto this thread in a few months. ;)) EEK!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sugarpie

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

And for what it's worth, when we do start TTC, my "strategy" is to do it every other night for the entire month, and use preseed.

Who knows what will happen.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Hi Sugarpie! Welcome back.
First, $40k a year for child care? OMG. That makes me want to cry. Do you live in a big city? We have B at a home daycare and it's under $9k for the year. We also want three kids. #2 and 3 will probably be pretty close together. I will be 34 in April and time isn't on my side. Part of me wishes I could just have twins so we can be done. Not to mention only having one more pregnancy to go through. But then I think "twins, OMG NO."

AFM, I'm either 2 or 3DPO. FF says I'm 3DPO but I have doubts that I O'd the day it said I did.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

SPHB: Welcome! #3 :love: :love: I think that sounds awesome, even if it is crazy. Guess what 'they' say is true- you know when you're done, and you know when you're not. 40K in childcare costs also makes me feel like crying. Woowee! Would you consider staying home after #3 (or your hubby staying home?) Sometimes the increase in childcare costs lessens with each kiddo. You can get a multi-kid discount! ;)) Props to your TTC method. I feel lucky if we BD 1 or 2 times a week with one toddler in the house. Your DH will have a very fun month, whenever it is that you start trying. What are his thoughts on #3?

AMC: How ya feeling? I have a good feeling about your cycle- thinking of you.

RT: Parker is great! Do you still have family in CO? I know your parents were out of state, right? Do you get to visit often?

I'm thinking that I maybe didn't ovulate on CD17. Of course, the one cycle when I didn't use OPKs leading up to O date, O may be delayed :rolleyes: Hubby got me some OPKs and I first used them on CD 17- negative, not surprising. But then I started to get some EWCM... so yesterday I pulled out another OPK. Very dark. Not as dark as the control, but close. B/C I have no self control I flew though five more OPKs between then and now and am now out of them. They never reached true positive, but alllllmost did. And the EWCM is still present. I've never O'd so late in a cycle before, so this would be new.

DH said he'd be willing to give BDing a go, but is still concerned things aren't 100% back to normal after starting the meds. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, ladies. He's taken them (as have I) on and off through the years, and while the sexual side effects have never been this prevalent, we have noticed them before. Just bad timing!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Hi PPM- Awww, thanks! I actually have a good feeling too. Not based on anything. Maybe I'm just hopeful. I am having some crazy ovary pain right now. This happened back in September as well, when I got intense "O" a few days after O. It's weird because usually I have very distinct O pains on the day of ovulation, but I didn't get them this cycle...just sort of dull ones. If I hadn't been temping I would think I was Oing right now.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

sugarpie- That's a lot of daycare!! We only spend $7500 on Cayden each year for ours and we live in Denver. Granted he only goes 2 days/week I'm kind of curious to hear if you live in a bigger city too now :)

PPM- My sister lives in Longmont but all the rest of our family is in Wisconsin and Minnesota. My new job gives me a ton of vaca each year right off the bat so me and Cayden make a lot of weekend trips but DH doesn't always come with. We usually do one big trip to WI and one to MN for about a week each year so it's not too bad :) My oldest sister is thinking of moving out here soon too which would be great! Hw is Ohio treating you guys so far?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

:wavey:
Hi everyone. Mind if I join?

Just popping in for one cycle of TTC real quick! DD is 10 months old and I am just impatient to get started again. I have long cycles and we want to avoid holiday bdays so we are going to try this cycle and if it doesn't happen take a break until the due date would be February. I am on CD4 and having the worst AF ever in the history of AFs so just waiting for that to end. I ovulate late so nothing to do for another 12 or so days. I'm trying to temp but it has been hard because my sleep has not been the greatest. I will probably do the smiley face digital OPKs because they worked well for me the last time. Thinking about grabbing some preseed. Other than that, just trying to stay healthy.

SugarPie- I'm guessing you are in NYC or Bay Area? Haha! Just checking, but you know that the best time to get pregnant is your fertile period right? It's only a few days about two weeks before AF comes. When you're not in that "sweet spot" of the month you can't get pregnant anyway so don't feel like you have to do it all month long. Unless you want to, in that case, enjoy! I think every two days when you think you are fertile is a great plan!

Hi everyone else! Hoping for some exciting 2ww's coming soon!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Ugh, ugh ugh ugh! Praying these AF cramps are NOT AF! I do not want to go through more blood tests again if she comes early, ugggghhhhhhhh!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

RT, hoping it's not AF

SPHB, Welcome! Wow, I feel like you're paying almost as much as I do for daycare. I'm somewhere between $26,000 and $27,500 annually for 1 kid. Nope, not a typo. If E ever complains about going to public school, I'll tell him we used up all his private school money between the ages of 4m - 6yrs old. LOL. Well TTC for #3 is awesome. I hope you get your Spring baby. Maybe an April (diamond birthstone) baby? And no harm jumping in early. :)

AMC, keeping my fingers crossed for you. Seems like you had really good timing this cycle, so hope it works out for you. [/b]

PPM, LOL about no self control/POAS-addiction. Glad you get an extra chance to hit O-day. Hoping it pans out for you.

Mia, Hooray, hope you guys just need this 1 cycle to get lucky.

AFM: I think I should be O'ing this weekend or early next week. Not much else to add for me. It's been bitter bitter cold here in Chicago, so hoping all the other ladies in the Midwest and out East will be staying warm these next few days.

~LC

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

LC, I had no idea that childcare was that expensive in the big cities over there! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez. Good luck for this cycle, you know I'm gunning for you.

As I am for all the ladies in this thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Hi Mia! Welcome :)

This cycle is freaking weird. So I normally get my O pains on the day of ovulation. They are strong and unmistakable. I sorta kind of got them on the day FF say I O'd, but the were much duller than normal. Then, yesterday, I got them. Clear as day. AND my temp shot way up this morning. But my temp has been shooting up daily since I allegedly O'd 4 days ago. And if I did really O yesterday, it would be a bit odd since my temp was an entire degree higher than where it is where I normally O. So I guess I will stick with what FF says...but it is definitely interesting. If I didn't temp I would be sure that I O'd yesterday. And if I didn't have months and months of charts for reference I would also think it was yesterday.

_13500.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Pancake, I admit there could be other less expensive childcare solutions (nanny share, home daycare, other centers) but they didn't work with our schedule and family dynamics.

AMC, super weird with your temps. Could you have O'd twice? Fraternal twins? :naughty:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1389119174|3588302 said:
Thanks Pancake, I admit there could be other less expensive childcare solutions (nanny share, home daycare, other centers) but they didn't work with our schedule and family dynamics.

AMC, super weird with your temps. Could you have O'd twice? Fraternal twins? :naughty:

Ha, the thought crossed my mind. But Dr. Google says that multiple ovulation occurs within 24 hours so you wouldn't see it on a chart or anything.

princess_cut

Rough_Rock

Dipping my toes in here. I'm a previous PS'r, but I think some people in real life know my user name, so I thought it might be best to create a new one.

My DH and I have been talking about it for a long time, and we're going to start trying this month. I just had my Paragard IUD removed yesterday, and sometime late this week or early next week should be CD1.

We're so excited, but I'm terrified of childbirth. I also want to start an exercise routine so I can get into shape again, but I'm not sure if I should do that while trying to get pregnant. Other than that, I think we're as ready as we'll ever be! :twirl:

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

RT I don't know where you are on your cycle but hopefully the cramps weren't AF.

LC Thanks for the welcome! Hope you are staying warm! I'm in California but I am following all the snow and cold temps back east on Facebook and it doesn't look fun.

AMC Thanks for the welcome. Your chart is really puzzling! Are all those really low temps normal pre-O temps for you? I think fertility friend is putting O yesterday because you have so many temps below your coverline and some women have a more gradual rise in temp before O. What is a normal post-O temp for you? That might help you determine which jump was O. I think it looks like CD17 or even CD18 to me. That is strange that you also felt O pains twice. I am jealous that you can feel it at all! I don't feel anything when I ovulate and I consider myself super in touch with my body. 4 days is way too early to implant, right? I don't want to put my crazy ideas in your head but that was the first thing I thought of when I read your post. Like others, I have a good feeling for you this cycle. Good luck!

Princess Cut Oooh I love secret PSers! When we started TTCing with our DD, I was in an "exercise mode" and I thought it was great for TTC and Pregnancy. I was the fittest I had ever been and even ran my first triathlon on the day I ovulated and we still conceived! I don't think it will hurt your chances of getting pregnant. I think staying active was great for my pregnancy. It helped with morning sickness and I ran a few races and a mini triathlon while pregnant. Now with a baby, I haven't been as active. I'll be working on trying to get in shape while TTCing too.

AFM- Bought OPKs today. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long before I can start using them! Does anyone know if OPKs work when breastfeeding? I was reading the instructions and it was listed under things that may affect results. I am assuming that is for women who exclusively breastfeed and haven't had AF. I've had AF since baby was 4 months and now I only nurse 4 times a day and she eats mostly solids. Nothing else happening, just waiting for fertile phase!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

mia- I'm 6dpo but I had surgery to remove endometriosis in November and ever since my luteal phase has only been 8 days long :nono: If it doesn't reach a normal length this cycle, we're doing the 21 day blood work again to see what is going on :(sad

On another note- Just got my bill for my surgery *insert heart attack here* $5,600 after insurance pays for 80% Original cost- $31,000 :-o

It'll all be worth it when I have that sweet baby in my arms though...

amc80

Ideal_Rock

mia1181 said:
AMC Thanks for the welcome. Your chart is really puzzling! Are all those really low temps normal pre-O temps for you? I think fertility friend is putting O yesterday because you have so many temps below your coverline and some women have a more gradual rise in temp before O. What is a normal post-O temp for you? That might help you determine which jump was O. I think it looks like CD17 or even CD18 to me. That is strange that you also felt O pains twice. I am jealous that you can feel it at all! I don't feel anything when I ovulate and I consider myself super in touch with my body. 4 days is way too early to implant, right? I don't want to put my crazy ideas in your head but that was the first thing I thought of when I read your post. Like others, I have a good feeling for you this cycle. Good luck!

Yes, my temps always drop to the mid 96s right before I O. Post O I'm in the mid 97s. Based on temp levels alone, I think CD17 is right. Based on temp patterns and O pain, I think it's CD20. To add to the fun, my temp went down a bit today, which would match perfectly with O on CD20 and a fallback today at 2DPO. But I just don't think it's possible for me to O when my temp was 97.6, an entire degree higher than normal. As for implantation, yeah, 4DPO is too early. It has to reach the blast stage which doesn't happen until 6DPO at the earliest.

So, I'm officially 2-5DPO. Super helpful :roll:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1389199669|3588898 said:
mia1181 said:

Yes, my temps always drop to the mid 96s right before I O. Post O I'm in the mid 97s. Based on temp levels alone, I think CD17 is right. Based on temp patterns and O pain, I think it's CD20. To add to the fun, my temp went down a bit today, which would match perfectly with O on CD20 and a fallback today at 2DPO. But I just don't think it's possible for me to O when my temp was 97.6, an entire degree higher than normal. As for implantation, yeah, 4DPO is too early. It has to reach the blast stage which doesn't happen until 6DPO at the earliest.

So, I'm LOL only because even with our wonky-WTF-is-going-on? cycles, we're still cycle twins. I either o'd CD17 or CD20, based kind of on OPKs and on CM... and cycle history.

So annoying!!!

I'm basically expecting AF as though I O'd on CD 17, but will try to hold off on testing until I'm at least 10DPO from CD 20 (ie, CD 30)... Worst of both words. (And who am I kidding? I will pee on something by Monday, at the latest...)

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1389206305|3588965 said:
amc80|1389199669|3588898 said:
mia1181 said:

So, I'm LOL only because even with our wonky-WTF-is-going-on? cycles, we're still cycle twins. I either o'd CD17 or CD20, based kind of on OPKs and on CM... and cycle history.

So annoying!!!

I'm basically expecting AF as though I O'd on CD 17, but will try to hold off on testing until I'm at least 10DPO from CD 20 (ie, CD 30)... Worst of both words. (And who am I kidding? I will pee on something by Monday, at the latest...)

OMG that's awesome. What are the odds? I was thinking Monday as well. And then I was thinking Sunday because if it is a BFP I want to make cupcakes to tell DH. My idea is to decorate them with white frosting and then put two pink lines on some of them and spell out Tuckenzie on the others (Tuckenzie, since Tucker is our boy name and Mackenzie is our girl name). But then I also thought of displaying patience and only testing when/if I feel like there is something going on. But, I know myself, and know that is unlikely.

I currently have 1 FRER, 2 $ store tests, and 2 CBE digis. I'm debating which to use first (between the FRER and the $ tests).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results