shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah...that''s what I was thinking Indy!
2.gif
Let''s hope the jetlag doesn''t kick in and whipe us out the whole trip.
3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I usually find that when I travel east, the jetlag is really not too bad. You just have to SCRUPULOUSLY follow the rules. You probably won''t sleep much on the plane, and then you''ll be so zonked the first day that you''ll be able to go to bed on time. That re-sets your clock pretty fast. The trick is NOT to nap on that first day. If you''re absolutely dead, nap for maybe 45 minutes, but set the alarm and DON''T sleep more than that.

Drink a tonne of water before, on, and after you get off the plane as dehydration is a key element of jatlag.

And just remember to only sleep when it''s sleep-time THERE. You''ll be refreshed in no time. Usually takes me 3 days to be free of any jetlag symptoms. And the second day, I''m totally functional.

Coming back is another story. From Europe to US, not so bad... takes maybe 5 days to readjust. But from Asia, the last couple of times I flew back, I was a ZOMBIE for like a week.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Good to know - I''ve only traveled West (gone as far as Maui, HI) so, I''m not sure how my body will adjust heading East. You sound like the world traveler Indy!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Girls!

You guys sound busy charting, temping and figuring out International time zones.

UPDATE

5 contenders yesterday
36.gif

2@20 mm
1@17 mm
1@16 mm
1@10 mm

(can''t figure out why the underline is there)

We decided to trigger tonight (ovulate) and reduced my dose of Gonal F last night so as not to over cook the 20''s and bring up the others.

Most follicles are ripe at 20-24 mm so we are good to go. However w/ a stim cycle eggs can be ripe at 15 mm.

I hope I didn''t O the 20''s last night. Had cramps but RE is so good.

Insemination on Wed. (36 hrs after trigger shot) and then the dreaded 2WW.

They told me to take a reg. HPT and if + go get the beta HCG. If - then stop progesterone and wait for auntie.

POAS will commence on 7/9.

Hope everyone is keeping sane today!
emrose.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY LISA!!!!!!!! And I think the underline is there because PS thinks it''s a "clickable" email address.

I''ll have my fingers crossed for you! And so will the twins (if I can coerce them into it
2.gif
)!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Lisa! I am very excited for you. Keep us posted, girl.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh, best wishes for you Lisa!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
you and all your follies are in my thoughts and prayers! GOOD LUCK GIRL!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 9:50:58 AM
Author: blushingbride
Good to know - I''ve only traveled West (gone as far as Maui, HI) so, I''m not sure how my body will adjust heading East. You sound like the world traveler Indy!

I travel at least once a month, and internationally as much as 6 or 7 times a year, so I get around a bit.
2.gif

So this is your first trip to Europe then? That''s exciting! Italy is, I think it''s safe to say, my fave country in the whole world. (Wait, you did say you''re going to Italy, right? as well as Croatia?)

But seriously, the trick with jetlag is discipline. Re-set your watch to central euro time as SOON as you get on the plane and don''t let yourself even think "Wow, it''s only 2am back home." It is not 2am. It is 8am. 8am. 8am. Got that? Don''t even go there with the ''2am'' thing. It''s all about mind over matter. That way you adjust way quicker.

Another trick, stay out in the sun as much as possible during the day on the first few days. That helps re-set your clock too.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Lisa! It sounds like there will be at least 2 contenders, and maybe more, so that''s great news!

I am amazed that they can time things so tightly... trigger than IUI 36 hours later... so the trigger makes you O how long after your get it? was it 36-48hrs?

Gross Q: do they IUI a single "dose" or do they save it up and hit you with mulitple "doses"? Are you BD naturally as well all though this time to see if you can stock the vaults, so to speak?

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lisa- wanted to say hello and good luck! Wow what exciting news. So much has been going on here. I have been following but only lurking for some reason.
Things are ok on this end. I have my 12 wk appt this week and on the same day, the NT scan. I am looking forward to seeing the LO and hoping everything is ok. As far as I know it should be but sometimes, I dunno, I still worry.

Tiffany- thanks for asking how I am doing. Are you over your sickness from last week? I hope you are feeling better.

Welcome lyttelysser-and BRgirl this is a great group and lots of fun!

Blushing bride I hope you have a great vacation. I lost track of if you trip will be prime time or not(ovulating). Either way I hope you have a great time.

Peony- good luck in your physics course! Not my favorite- hope you do great. I have a feeling we may see you when you are supposed to be studying. this place is addictive.

amber- hope your trip to hawaii is fabulous!!

DD and Ig and Erica- how are you feeling?

Sorry if I missed anyone-

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 11:26:19 AM
Author: Independent Gal

I travel at least once a month, and internationally as much as 6 or 7 times a year, so I get around a bit.
2.gif

So this is your first trip to Europe then? That''s exciting! Italy is, I think it''s safe to say, my fave country in the whole world. (Wait, you did say you''re going to Italy, right? as well as Croatia?)

But seriously, the trick with jetlag is discipline. Re-set your watch to central euro time as SOON as you get on the plane and don''t let yourself even think ''Wow, it''s only 2am back home.'' It is not 2am. It is 8am. 8am. 8am. Got that? Don''t even go there with the ''2am'' thing. It''s all about mind over matter. That way you adjust way quicker.

Another trick, stay out in the sun as much as possible during the day on the first few days. That helps re-set your clock too.
Thats'' all great advice Indy! I presonally have a hard time travelling East: it cuts your time short, whereas travelling West just feels like a super long day. But a 6 hours time difference isn''t very bad. I find 8 - 12 hours the worst b/c you are almost completely turned around!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 11:26:19 AM
Author: Independent Gal

2.gif

But seriously, the trick with jetlag is discipline. Re-set your watch to central euro time as SOON as you get on the plane and don''t let yourself even think ''Wow, it''s only 2am back home.'' It is not 2am. It is 8am. 8am. 8am. Got that? Don''t even go there with the ''2am'' thing. It''s all about mind over matter. That way you adjust way quicker.

Wow...you are so lucky! I love to travel, but unfortunately my full-time job gets in the way.
20.gif
2.gif
Yes, this is my first trip to Europe and we are going to Italy (Milan and Rome), Croatia (Split and Dubrovnik) and then off to Montenagro to visit DH''s grandparents. I know to set my watch to local time and it''s hard to go by that time, but will do my best....my mind always seems to wander back to what time it is back home.
27.gif

Thanks Pavelover! I''m still finishing up this cycle, but I''ll definitely be o''ing on or around my trip from what I can see. What I know for sure is that we''ll be doing a lot of BDing!
31.gif

Lisa - lots of PS baby dust heading your way ****dust****
36.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Yay Lisa! I''m excited for your 2ww to come and go! Here''s to hoping this is it!
2.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
NF (I may be joining you in multiples land - OY!), INDY, AMBER, MELA, HIL - Yay for the Follies
emthup.gif

PAVE - I can''t believe ur 12 wks already!

NT scan is so easy and the doc will tell u results right away. It actually tests for the thickness of the translucency folds in the neck.
Are u doing an amnio (how old are u?). R u high-risk? Oh and u can find out the gender as well or do u know already?

DD - Such the researcher and inquiring mind!!!

They trigger u with pure HCG (acts exactly like LH, yet another shot) and the time frame is 36-48 hrs for O.

I''m having a freakout b/c I had O-like cramps last night and did an LH stick just now (light pink=neg right?) but called the clinic
anyway b/c I would hate to have the surge and miss the whole O window and insemination Wed. if I''m O''ing right now!!!!

As for insemination - you can do 2 in 1 cycle but it only increases your odds if there is male factor or "hostile CM" a well-timed
Trigger has comparable results and is $300 less. They even give u a sperm ct. after they wash it prior to insertion. Anything over
10 million is ideal. They even place the catheter right at the utero/fallopian junction. How "dumb" r those sperm anyway?

BD - yes prior to each US last week and tonight after trigger. They want the boys to percolate for 2 days before insem. so no BD until after
DH provides sample on Wed. and then we can and should BD as much as possible.

More info, than u ever cared to know about IUI!!
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 12:32:42 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
NF (I may be joining you in multiples land - OY!), INDY, AMBER, MELA, HIL - Yay for the Follies
emthup.gif

PAVE - I can''t believe ur 12 wks already!

NT scan is so easy and the doc will tell u results right away. It actually tests for the thickness of the translucency folds in the neck.
Are u doing an amnio (how old are u?). R u high-risk? Oh and u can find out the gender as well or do u know already?

DD - Such the researcher and inquiring mind!!!

They trigger u with pure HCG (acts exactly like LH, yet another shot) and the time frame is 36-48 hrs for O.

I''m having a freakout b/c I had O-like cramps last night and did an LH stick just now (light pink=neg right?) but called the clinic
anyway b/c I would hate to have the surge and miss the whole O window and insemination Wed. if I''m O''ing right now!!!!

As for insemination - you can do 2 in 1 cycle but it only increases your odds if there is male factor or ''hostile CM'' a well-timed
Trigger has comparable results and is $300 less. They even give u a sperm ct. after they wash it prior to insertion. Anything over
10 million is ideal. They even place the catheter right at the utero/fallopian junction. How ''dumb'' r those sperm anyway?

BD - yes prior to each US last week and tonight after trigger. They want the boys to percolate for 2 days before insem. so no BD until after
DH provides sample on Wed. and then we can and should BD as much as possible.

More info, than u ever cared to know about IUI!!
3.gif
The neg stick could mean you aren''t O''ing YET, so you are hopefully in the clear, and if not there are 3 more follies, don''t forget
2.gif

Very interesting Lisa! How do they choose which "junction" to put the catheter near? You have follies on both sides, right?

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
DD Actually I don't have any eggs on the RT. side (RE keeps checking it b/c on US 1 there was an 8 mm).

Everyhting is on the LFT. ovary - go ovary!

RT. was the ovary that had the dermoid cycst and apparently is off-line.

So he'll place the catheter near the opening of the left tube where all the eggs should be coming from.

I guess some sperm "could" migrate up the RT. tube but w/o eggs so what?

RE was happy I had low FSH 3 day bw given that RT. ovary appears not to be working.

He said perhaps it is still sending some correct hormonal signals just not producing anything.

Oh and not all clinics place the sperm just so. Some just insert and plunge.

It's US guided I think?

Sperm wash is $150, Insem. $150.

I know I've got the other eggs (aside from the 20's) but I'm feeling overly selfish and want them all!!!!!

It was pretty hard work getting to this pt. The ups and downs of TTC X 10.

It's weird bringing Olivia to the clinic b/c there are so many desperate women/couples in there.

Their reactions have been all over the place. I try not to bring her but u gotta do what u gotta do!

They even have a sign that politely suggests u not bring your kids. Oh well.

Some people look at Olivia with hopeful stares thinking "she had 1 at this place!!! Now she's going back for more!"

I should get a good advertising kick-back.

ETA: how are s/s of early pg. going?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa: Thanks for the details, I am a knowledge junkie! I know it must hurt to shell out ANY dough for getting pg., but that price is not so steep in the long run. Even the total cost of ~$2000 isn''t so bad. I think it will work this one time
9.gif
!

As for s/s, nothing much. I am very tired, but that is all. Plus the pulling/stretching feelings once in a while around my uterus. And when I need to eat I NEED TO EAT
41.gif
. But I''m only 4.5 wks, who knows what the future holds?
3.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
pave--
I''m doing surprisingly well. Light cramps once in awhile, some bloating, no spotting, cravings, or fatigue/sleepiness.

I am so looking forward to that 12 week benchmark! Can''t wait to hear how things are at your check-up!

lisa--
I''ll be eagerly waiting your POAS results on July 9. That''s probably when I''ll start telling my close friends about the pregnancy.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
aww MAN Lisa - this is all so fascinating!! I know the last thing you want to be right now is ''fascinating'' but truly, this process is remarkable.

Wishing you the best. Honestly, I am pulling for you SO HARD!

hi you newly preggo''s! It''s all so exciting!!! Me and my girlfriends cheesily call it "the gift of life". Cheesy and Catchy.

my update: I have finally stopped bleeding. I have now ''sludge'', which is the same as the last day of your period...that brown sticky discharge. Sludge. haha. DH laughs/cringes when I call it that. So....tomorrow I go for a bloodtest to see how much my HCG levels have declined. Once they are back to zero, *hopefully* I''ll get my period sooner than later, and then we can try again!
21.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Mela - I think it is so fascinating too!

It''s like I''m my own experiment and I get to see how my body operates on such a forbidden level.

I have asked myself during the process if I was really pursuing this for a baby (ew that sounds terrible) or b/c I was so interested and well,
goal-oriented and determined.

Of course we want another one but I have to admit I am getting a thrill out of it too!

Or maybe this is how I cope? By going way overboard and intellectualizing the process.

Anyway, I hope it works. It''s been a lot of work.

I''ll be going to OK this weekend - posted about it in "Barely Preggo."

It''ll be during the 2WW but
14.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies!

Good Luck LISA!!!! That is sooo exciting. I''ll be sending positive vibes your way! And have fun in OK...what, with the fishing and the bbq-ing.
24.gif
at least you''ll get some rest, right?

I''m glad to hear all the newly preggos are doing well. You guys have been on my mind for sure!

Welcome Brgirl!

As for being too early...yeah. I figured I was. Darn thing! I may test tomorrow...I''m not sure.

And DD, I hear you in terms of being HYPER-sensitive about what is going in your body. I am definitely doing the same thing. And franky, I''m just amazed at all that goes into this whole getting knocked up thing! I can''t believe anyone ever gets preggo on accident. Nuts.

BB - For what it is worth, when DH and I travel to the Netherlands to visit his family (he moved to the US 10 years ago - his entire family is still over there) I find it isn''t too bad to get used to the time difference going out...but coming back to the states is what kills me. I didn''t mind getting up super early...but it stunk when to be passing out at 8pm! Also, for what it is worth, I believe the Prada outlet is outside of Milan and it is supposed have some great deals!

Mela - hope to see you knitting soon! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, Lisa! OK sounds relaxing, which may not be what you really need during the KC. I''m sorry.
40.gif

LittleLysser, what CD (and dpo, if you know) are you?

I''m just knitting away here. 6 dpo. I feel really hopeful and I think that my chart''s looking promising, but I''m really trying not to read too much into it. I don''t want to be too disappointed if this isn''t the month.

In happy doggie news, our ACD finally learned how to cuddle this week. We''ve been working on it for a year, and he''s fallen asleep kind of spooning next to me for the past couple of nights. Yay!

BlenheimJune24.jpg

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Blen- my fingers are crossed for you... your chart looks good to me too. Good luck!
knit, knit, knit. If we were all really using our knitting time to knit, our future babies would be nice and warm :)

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hey fellow knitters!! If only I could knit.
31.gif

Blen I'm at CD 25. I tested this morning and got a BFN, but I'm not super surprised. And I'm not even sure how long my cycle is...I was on BC for several years and stopped taking it three months ago. This is the first month we thought about trying/tried...and DH and I used protection for the first two months, so I didn't even really keep track of the length of my cycle! Pathetic, I know.
38.gif

I'm not temping (I've been having trouble sleeping and I think that would only add to the problem) so I don't know when I O'd...I'm charting my CM but didn't even really start doing that in earnest until after I think I had already O'd, but I'm not sure when.

Your chart looks good to me! It is exciting stuff!

And that is great about your ACD! Is he a rescue?

On a sort-of related note, we've FINALLY broken our Ibizan of the habit of sleeping in bed with us. Our bed is only queen sized...and adding a 60lb dog that is all legs was a bit much! Plus, I figured when I get preggo, I am not going to want to share my bed with him, particularly since he tends just plonk down right on my left hip.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blen your chart looks great! I also had a"dip" a few days after O the cycle I conceived, apparently it is an indication of lots of estrogen and potentially a stong ovulation! Here's hoping! My fingers are crossed like mad...

ETA: that spike in temps on CD 6 is also really promising!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
LL, you are definitely not going to want that dog in bed with you when you''re 8 months knocked up! Maybe I could borrow him for a while.
31.gif
GAH! I love that dog.

CD 25 is probably still waaaay early, honey! Unless you ovulated early. Are you paying attention to your goo-signals? You''re not temping right? One of the nice things about figuring out when Egg Day was is knowing when to test! For those of us obsessed with knowing random cr@p anyway.
20.gif

Enjoy the knitting everyone! I''m rooting for ya! And just remember: enjoy the 2ww, cause once yer all knocked up and everything, the e-i-g-h-t w-e-e-k wait begins. Not fun.
7.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey All!

Blenheim, good luck! Your chart definitely looks great!

LL, I wish you luck, too!

I''m now done with AF, just awaitin'' the vacation and the O!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
HIL, with all this talk of knitting I kind of want to start up again! I actually have a book of baby knitting patterns that my best friend's mom gave me when I was still in college. She loves to knit for friends' babies, because you get done with baby projects much sooner than you get done with adult projects! Maybe I should get the book out.
1.gif

While I haven't been knitting (yet), I'm really trying to get tons of stuff done around here that I'm not sure I'll want to do if/when 1st trimester fatigue sets in. I've gotten crazy amounts of house maintenance and decluttering done.

LittleLysser, it's probably still early. Hang in there! And most women probably don't start charting unless they're really into it or unless it takes a while to conceive, so don't beat yourself up for not doing a more complete job.

Angus is a rescue and used to be a stray. Poor guy even has a BB lodged in his back.
39.gif
ACDs have a rough herding style and it can be a bit obvious in his behavior with us sometimes, so I'm so happy that he's getting to be more gentle and cuddly.

We tried to break our dogs (all 3 of them) of the habit of sleeping with us to no avail. And Chloe's so leggy and likes to stretch out between us -- she's quite literally kicked hubby off the bed before while doing stretching her long legs. We finally just gave up and got a king sized bed and now we all have room to stretch out.
20.gif
And now there's room for Dylan to have his own pillow, so he hasn't been sleeping on our heads in an attempt to sleep on our pillows. Our place is a freaking zoo.

Oddly, I think that temping helps me sleep better. In the past, I've really had problems getting myself to bed at a reasonable time, but once I'm asleep I'm a pretty heavy sleeper. But now, I want to go to bed so that I can see what my next temp is "sooner". I'm wondering if I'm going to have another high one tomorrow and looking forward to finding out.

DD, I've had that dip before and wondered if it meant anything in particular. Great to know, thanks!

IG, do most women get ultrasounds in that time frame or does your midwife want to do it because of your spotting? I'm just wondering what to expect. I hope that the cub's okay.

Amber, thanks!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Indy - stupid dumb computer ate my post! Grrrrrr.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Long post short...

I know it was too early...but I'm a NUTTER. and super super instant gratification. I think this whole process is going to be a lesson in patience. Something I am rather lacking...
12.gif
I've been checking my CM daily, but I didn't start until after I O'd. I think. Not sure. This next month I'll be much more diligent!

Oh, and you can for sure borrow Izzie for a while! How long do you want him? Two years? Three? DH would welcome the break from carrying Izzie downstairs every single morning! We still don't know why the darn dog won't walk down the stairs...clearly being a nutter runs in the family!

I've been following everything with you and the cub and I've been thinking good thoughts!

For your enjoyment, here is a pic of Izzard the day we picked him up from the breeder. Both ears didn't stand up on their own until a few weeks later.

ittiebittieizzie.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results