shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Amber - I am so jealous you are going to Kauai! Have a wonderful time. It really is heaven on earth!

Blenheim - A bb pellet??? Wow. People can be so horrid. That makes me so sad. I give you SO much credit for working with and rehabilitating him. That is wonderful. We got our rescue muttski when she was just a pup, so we didn't have too much to overcome...but we even struggled with that (she was super fearful and had never even been on concrete...she was a country pupski)...so yeah. That's awesome.

And I suppose I should have said that we have temporarily convinced him to sleep on his bed (which is a dog bed, covered in not one but TWO down comforters) - but once it gets cold, and he whines to get in the bed...chances are he'll be there. I think eventually we are going to have to break down and get a king sized bed! Of course, Izz likes to sleep pressed up against one of us...so I think he'd still crowd us even if we had a Califoria king! Although sometimes we wake up with Izz spooning against one of us, head on the pillow. He kills me with his cuteness! And I kind of miss him being in the bed...which is pathetic.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the shout outs everyone on my neurotic follicle escapades!!!

Thought this might interest you. Seemed very pertinent to topic at hand.

In a zoo in California, a mother tiger gave birth to a rare set of triplet tiger cubs. Unfortunately, due to complications in the pregnancy, the cubs were born prematurely and due to their tiny size, they died shortly after birth.

The mother tiger, after recovering from the delivery, suddenly started to decline in health, although physically she was fine. The veterinarians felt that the loss of her litter had caused the tigress to fall into a depression.

The doctors decided that if the tigress could surrogate another mother''s cubs, perhaps she would improve.

After checking with many other zoos across the country, the depressing news was that there were no tiger cubs of the right age to introduce to the mourning mother. The veterinarians decided to try something that had never been tried in a zoo environment.

Sometimes a mother of one species will take on the care of a different species. The only "orphans" that could be found quickly, were a litter of wiener pigs. The zoo keepers and vets wrapped the piglets in tiger skin and placed the babies around the mother tiger.

Would they become cubs or pork chops???

Look - you won''t believe it.

Surrogatemum2.PS.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lysser I know you didn''t ask, but juuust in case you really want to know how to get your dog to walk down the stairs, here is what we did to traiin ours to do it (neither one would do it when they were little, it scared them to death, I think it was a heights thing).

Put a gate or something that blocks going UP the stars around half way up, then put him about 3 stairs up. Then you two stand at the bottom with his fave treat and entice him. If he won''t go for the treat, you can try again with only 2 stairs up. If he still won''t go, you have to walk away and ignore his whines. Don''t let your heart get in the way, they are stairs, they aren''t hurting him and babying him only supports his anxiety, which isn''t good for him! Eventually, he will go down those 3 stairs. Then move the gate higher by a couple steps and put him 5 steps up. Repeat previous steps. Eventually, he will go down the whole flight of stairs. You just need to be a little "hard" about it. Our Dreamer is very fearful and we found that the best thing was to be strong for her and not baby her. Since feeling anxious and scared is not a fun thing for the dog feel, we felt that a little "tough love" that allowed her to get over the anxiety was the best in the long run.

HTH!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
DD - Thanks for the advice! We''ve tried many things...luring him with treats, promising to take him for a walk, and leaving him upstairs...bless his crazy heart he sat upstairs, crying for four hours. I agree that feeling all that anxiety must be really hard for the poor nutter. He is also a bit afraid of hardwood floors and polished concrete. I think it is because he is just so tall and lanky...but it gets old, and get my poor DH''s back needs a break! On an unrelated note, our little Cricket dog goes down the stairs at like 300 gazillion miles an hour...and we are just waiting for the day when she totally wipes out!

But I really like your idea and I think it is one of the only things we haven''t tried...he has no choice but to walk down the stairs! I think we are going to give it a try this weekend!

I''ll let you know how it works!

Thanks much!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
LL, LOVE the pup! Awww, Izzard as in Eddie Izzard, my most favorite standup comedian ever?

I am so bored with the temping and crap right now. I''m the most impatient person ever when it comes to having to wait and plan around things. *sigh*. I suppose I should really work on that, eh?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 10:34:33 AM
Author: littlelysser
DD - Thanks for the advice! We''ve tried many things...luring him with treats, promising to take him for a walk, and leaving him upstairs...bless his crazy heart he sat upstairs, crying for four hours. I agree that feeling all that anxiety must be really hard for the poor nutter. He is also a bit afraid of hardwood floors and polished concrete. I think it is because he is just so tall and lanky...but it gets old, and get my poor DH''s back needs a break! On an unrelated note, our little Cricket dog goes down the stairs at like 300 gazillion miles an hour...and we are just waiting for the day when she totally wipes out!

But I really like your idea and I think it is one of the only things we haven''t tried...he has no choice but to walk down the stairs! I think we are going to give it a try this weekend!

I''ll let you know how it works!

Thanks much!
Our dogs were the same when they were little, and we found that the "gradual" approach was really the only thing that worked! Otherwise they too sat there crying! Poor liitle idiots.
2.gif
I really do think it is a fear of heights thing, or maybe a fear of falling... Since he is obviously mental
3.gif
you may want to start with just 2 steps, that''s what we had to do with Dreamer.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Amber Yup, we named our dog after Eddie Izzard - he is our favorite comedian in the whole world! Did you get to see him on the Stripped tour? He was here about a month ago. GREAT show. We love him. Anyway, Izzie''s AKC registered name is Serandida''s Three Rivers Leaping Izzard. Hence, Izz. And we spell it Izzie instead of Izzy as a further homage is EddIE Izzard. We are dorks.

And I hear you on the patience thing. I have always lacked patience! And this whole knitting thing is driving me bazonkers! Mind you, it isn''t a far drive...but still.

DD - Izzie is such a nutter. SUCH A NUTTER. He has a dogster page and a diary that I update on a pretty regular basis. People are always commenting on how funny his diary is...little do they know that all I''m doing is reporting on the oddness of my dear sweet Izz. We often joke that he is the quirkiest quirk that ever quirked.!

We''ll definitely start him on the second step!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, LL, our dogs should hang out. Woofie (AKC name Woofus Von Braunshwieger II), is a real nut. He''s seriously a kook. I think all dachshunds are like that, though, kind of loopy and doing weird things.

No, I didn''t get to see Eddie live!! DANG! Once I saw the Dressed to Kill standup, I was sold. LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Amber- patience? who really has any of that? Not me!! It doesn''t help that I am slow at work right now, so I have WAY too much time to think about this whole TTC thing.

My temps seem odd this time around, but I realize that I''m on CD9, which is when I started temping last month, so I can''t compare the charts yet. I am REALLY hoping that this cycle is similar to the last one, it is only my 2nd cycle off BCP so there is a chance it could be all screwy which will just really mess with my head and my patience! I purchased a OPK last night so I could be double sure when the time comes, since I''m not sure about my temps yet.

How''s everyone doing out there in PS TTC land?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
HIL, tell me about it. I''m soooo tired of waking up every morning with a racing heart because I''m jolted awake, jamming that thermometer in my mouth, falling asleep for a bit then being jolted back awake with the four beeps telling me my temp is ready (wakes DH up, too). The truly sad thing is, I FINALLY figured out how to get the last temp to appear on the thermometer. Yes, it''s taken me months.
20.gif

Last night DH and I watched "She''s Having a Baby" with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern. One of my favorite movies ever, which is probably why I had bought it!

Only three days until Hawaii. I CAN DO IT.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies - one week and counting before I leave for my trip to Italy and Croatia!!!
yetanotherdancyguy.gif

Which means that we start trying next cycle!
woohoo.gif

I have to go back for yet another blood test tomorrow to check my progesterone level (it will be the 8th day after my O) - the last time they check this, it was too early because I had just o''d that day. Hopefully, I''ll get some resolution to my late ovualation issues.
20.gif

Amber - have soooooo much fun in Hawaii (and TTCing
2.gif
)

HIL - are you trying this cycle or next one???

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 11:57:48 AM
Author: AmberWaves
HIL, tell me about it. I'm soooo tired of waking up every morning with a racing heart because I'm jolted awake, jamming that thermometer in my mouth, falling asleep for a bit then being jolted back awake with the four beeps telling me my temp is ready (wakes DH up, too). The truly sad thing is, I FINALLY figured out how to get the last temp to appear on the thermometer. Yes, it's taken me months.
20.gif

Last night DH and I watched 'She's Having a Baby' with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern. One of my favorite movies ever, which is probably why I had bought it!

Only three days until Hawaii. I CAN DO IT.
Ugh...I know what you mean. Although my thermometer beeps quietly so, DH doesn't even move - our pup Harry always wakes up though.

I'm currently ready the book "Baby Proof" by Emily Giffin. Has anyone read this??? If not, I highly recommend it - it's very addicting.
5.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Blushing- We are trying this cycle, I *should* be O''ing around 7/2, but who knows after only charting one previous cycle.
Yay for the vacay countdown (and the BD countdown
emotion-5.gif
) I have read "baby proof" and I loved it! I just read her newest one, and while it was still a good read, the subject matter didn''t sit too well with me
38.gif
but it didn''t ruin the story for me either. Does Harry get to sleep with you on the bed? My poor Oliver got booted to his own bed when DH and his doggie came into the picture
8.gif
DH believes in equality for all dogs... um, my 4lb yorkie fits on the bed, your 40lb dog does not. sorry! But he won that battle, and that goes for all furniture too. Hmmmph.

As for the thermometer beeping, well, DH is hoping to get me knocked up quick so he doesn''t have to keep hearing the annoying beeps that sound tooooo much like his work pager so early every morning
emsmileo.gif

I am just a little jealous
11.gif
of these fabulouse baby making vacations! Looks like we''ll be DTD in our boring ol'' home, not in Lake Tahoe like I thought... However, since we are sharing the lake house with 8 other people I actually think I prefer to do my BD''ing before we go!!!!
6.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I also read Baby Proof, and while I loved the first two books by Giffin, I just couldn''t stomach this one. The subject matter pissed me off.
29.gif
I''ll talk about it more after BB is done!
1.gif
I really want to read the new one, too, but I''m afraid I''ll get angry again!

I''m all stressed out at work and home, so I''m all hivey. Booooo.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
HIL - Yes, Harry gets to sleep in our bed, but I kinda wish we broke him of that habbit since some nights he doesn''t want to sleep and keeps us awake!
29.gif
But, that''s really only if we are out that night and come home late which means the poor guy has been sleeping while we''re gone and is full of energy by the time we get home.

It''s sooooo weird to think we will be TTC - I mean, it''ll be weird not to reach for protection while DTD!
31.gif

We''re actually traveling w/ my parents and my sister and her DH for part of our trip so, we''ll have to BD on the sly!
27.gif

Amber - I''m almost done with the book so, I think I know what you''re refering to as far as the subject matter goes. Are you hinting at the whole thing w/ Claudia''s sister Daphne and the methods she''s looking into to have a baby???

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
BB, I hear ya about not needing BC how how weird it will be. Every night I still think, "I''m forgetting to take something..." It''s been MONTHS. And yes, it''s totally freeing, but I still think some thing''s weird!

And about the book, nah, I''m just opposed to the whole "HE wants a baby, but I don''t so we''re splitting up" thing. It made me SO SAD to read that. I was like, nooo, change your mind, EVERYONE wants babies!

I am emotionally invested in all my novels.
20.gif
I actually LOVED Something Borrowed because I related to Rachel, and grudingly loved Something Blue, because of the babies, although I hated Darcy. I''m a freak.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Amber- I might hold off on reading "Love the one your with" then. I also get pretty involved in the books I am reading, and I was so irritated with the main character in this latest Giffin story. That said, I still enjoyed reading it, even if I was a little annoyed!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 3:32:06 PM
Author: happy in love
Amber- I might hold off on reading ''Love the one your with'' then. I also get pretty involved in the books I am reading, and I was so irritated with the main character in this latest Giffin story. That said, I still enjoyed reading it, even if I was a little annoyed!

HIL - which one are you referring to?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Have you guys noticed Emily Giffin really takes an odd storyline and twists it into something that would piss off most people? Like the cheating, and then the OTHER cheating Darcy did, which resulted in book TWO, and then Baby Proof, and Love the One You''re With, if it''s what I THINK it is. I like her books, but I keep reading and literally going "NOOOOOOO"!

I''m reading David Sedaris'' new book right now. I''m trying to finish it so my boss can borrow it for a trip he''s taking!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I love David Sedaris! I read a couple of his books when I was traveling alone in Malaysia a year or two ago. And DH loves to read his vignettes in the New Yorker allowed to me.

Good luck this month, all of you! Happy vacation n**ky-ing!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 4:00:08 PM
Author: happy in love
Its called Love the one you're with I believe it just came out a few weeks ago. Here is the link to amazon, there are reviews and such there.
http://www.amazon.com/Love-One-Youre-Emily-Giffin/dp/0312348673
OK - for some reason I thought there was another out there I wasn't aware of.
41.gif
I already have this one and am going to start "Love the One You're With" while on vacation.

I love David Sedaris too - one of my faves "Me Talk Pretty One Day"
36.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
What I love about David Sedaris is his ability to literally make me laugh out loud like a child. I could be on the bus, at work, in bed... laughing my ass off. LOVE IT.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
I''ll have to pick up one of his books, sounds like a nice change from the chick-lit stories I usually read. After too many, they all run together! I''m excited to find something new.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I love David Sedaris! LOVE HIM!

He does a lot of speaking engagements too - and he is absolutely wonderful! If you ever get the chance, I''d highly recommend it!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
OK that IUI was so easy - where were all the balloons and fireworks?

DH Vent

DH froze up a little during specimen production and our quantity/quality was right "at benchmark" volume 16.7 mill, motility 78%, Total Motile 9.8 mill. This is a little upsetting b/c his SA scored well above this. He seemed upset and muttered something about the pressure....I tried to console him but well, I guess I'm a little mad b/c I have been doing the lion's share of everything here.

I asked him not to drink alcohol the past week and avoid too much caffeine. So what does he do this morn.? He has a mug of coffee on the way to the clinic on top of what he already had! We were already pretty stressed getting ready and I didn't say much about it then but now I'm getting pissed.

I told him that all I would need is for his sample day of IUI to be the best he could produce. That's all. And he takes it half-serious!! He was joking all week when I told him to sleep early and drink more water, etc.

RE was clear that higher #'s don't actually improve pregnancy rates so this makes me feel better but doesn't everyone want the best/most they can do??

"Met benchmark."

This is what I told him. He barely slid into home.

So many emotions and the Universe!

I can't help but wonder if we don't get a BFP this cycle could DH have anything to do w/ it?

This is irrational but I've done everything I could to produce 4 almost 5 good follies and we all know how harrowing that is.

Gah!!!!And I'm supposed to BD w/ him later......

Oh and not to mention go to OK in 2 days.

Lisa

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Paul got me a present for our trip today: What to Expect When You''re Expecting. The cover is different than the one I remember seeing friends read a few years back.

I''m excited to have some informative reading time on this road trip! Yay!

I didn''t even know the first chapter is about the conception process. Paul says we''re at the perfect spot to start reading it. I''ve only flipped through it so far, but he looked through it enough to find the parts for fathers and he was telling me about what he learned. More than I thought he would, that''s for sure.

Anyway, I read on the back that it even touches on the question I had months and months ago (way PRE-trying, by the way) about highlighting hair.

Golly, it''s a big book. I have much to learn!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lisa. Vent away. I totally see your point. after all the poking and prodding you''ve been through, it doesn''t seem like too much to ask for a few days of ''restraint''. Urgh. So sorry that you had such an, er, weak experience. Hopefully you''ll get that BFP that you SO deserve and all of this nonsense will be water under the bridge. If not, if this cycle is a BFN, then perhaps you''ll have to have the ''pulling your weight'' conversation. hugs. This is a hormonal and emotional time for you, I''m so sorry that you had a not-so-hot experience.

dont you just feel like slapping them sometimes, and saying in your best Cher (from Moonstuck), "snap outta''vit". LOL

BB - Man I''m so jealous and THRILLED about your upcoming trip. It''s finally HERE!
9.gif

Amber. Looks like you and I need a slice of patience pie.
emotion-33.gif
haha. I''m not sure about you, but I''m a Taurus (the bull) and I typically throw myself head-first into things without hesitation. all of this waiting around sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, if all goes well, we''ll be bic#hing and moaning that the 40 wks are moving too slowly ;-)

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute doggies around here!
emdog.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 9:25:08 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

OK that IUI was so easy - where were all the balloons and fireworks?

DH Vent

DH froze up a little during specimen production and our quantity/quality was right ''at benchmark'' volume 16.7 mill, motility 78%, Total Motile 9.8 mill. This is a little upsetting b/c his SA scored well above this. He seemed upset and muttered something about the pressure....I tried to console him but well, I guess I''m a little mad b/c I have been doing the lion''s share of everything here.

I asked him not to drink alcohol the past week and avoid too much caffeine. So what does he do this morn.? He has a mug of coffee on the way to the clinic on top of what he already had! We were already pretty stressed getting ready and I didn''t say much about it then but now I''m getting pissed.

I told him that all I would need is for his sample day of IUI to be the best he could produce. That''s all. And he takes it half-serious!! He was joking all week when I told him to sleep early and drink more water, etc.

RE was clear that higher #''s don''t actually improve pregnancy rates so this makes me feel better but doesn''t everyone want the best/most they can do??

''Met benchmark.''

This is what I told him. He barely slid into home.

So many emotions and the Universe!

I can''t help but wonder if we don''t get a BFP this cycle could DH have anything to do w/ it?

This is irrational but I''ve done everything I could to produce 4 almost 5 good follies and we all know how harrowing that is.

Gah!!!!And I''m supposed to BD w/ him later......

Oh and not to mention go to OK in 2 days.

Lisa
Lisa just wanted to give you hugs!! Sorry that things weren''t exactly as you hoped- but if the Dr. said it shouldn''t affect anything that is great news!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results