shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I PROMISE my earlier post was not a request for anyone to post pics of their CM!
23.gif
25.gif

Just wondering if anyone had any good websites or anything like that! I looked at FF and I was still confused.

I guess it seems like the only CM I've seen is the EWCM - but I think I've seen it a few times this cycle. Which is weird, right?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 5:52:58 PM
Author: littlelysser
Amber - Sorry AF made a visit. But at least you can go hog wild in Kauai! That has to be worth something, right? Also, lol'ed at the skirt tearing story. That is SOOOOO something I would do.

Fischer - Welcome! I'm new here too. Still not charting or anything, trying to DTD mid-cycle and see what happens!

Alright...to all the ladies...

I'm SO CONFUSED ABOUT CM! Which, on an unrelated note, for whatever reason, my brain and mouth transpose the c and the s and I keep calling it cervical music. And I totally crack myself up!

I can't tell what I have and what I'm doing! I've checked it daily, and I just can't seem to get a read on it. I was quite sure I had the EWCM mid-cycle, but today, I'm seeing something that looks like it too. I don't know, which doesn't make sense, right? I'm even trying to google the different types of mucus to see if I can get pics of the different kinds. But nothing has been too helpful. Any words of advice?

This is my first month even looking at this sort of thing...so I'm mighty confuzzled...
7.gif
Okay, this will be TMI but I feel like I got a really good handle on this stuff this past cycle and it is really important for predicting your fertile phase...

My first two cycles off the pill I had LITTLE OR NO CF, and so was very confused about what was going on. If you have recently come off the pill, this could be an issue for you so it may take some time for it to appear.

Drink at least 8oz of water per hour during the middle of your cycle. CF is made of water, so lots of water will make you produce more of it!

You may need to assess my CF internally to get a good idea of what is going on. Since you are expressing confusion, you probably need to do the internal assessment. Remember, CF comes from the cervix and for many women it hangs out up there. To properly sample it, you need to insert *2 fingers* held straight and touching one another (like if you were making a gun with your hand *bang* *bang*), into your vajayjay until you feel the tip of your cervix, then you need to separate the two fingers and circle them around either side of your cervix a couple times. Then put them together again and keeping them slightly bent, pull them out. By swirling your fingers around your cervix you will "scoop" up the CF, and keeping them a teensy bit bent when you pull them out helps keep the CF from coming off again. If you only use one finger, the cf will not stick to your finger so you may not be able to get it out of your body to assess it! With the two finger method you will be able to pull it out-a there and look at it.

"Dry" CF is infertile and at this stage your fingers will just glisten slightly. At this phase in your cycle it may be very difficult to do the internal sample, and it probably isn't required. Just remember that you can often *feel* dry at the outside but have tonnes of EWCF internally (it hangs out near the cervix and may not drip out if it is very thick) so to be safe you shouldn't assume yo uare infertile just b/c you feel dry externally.
"Sticky" CF is also infertile and it will stick to your fingers but it will appear slightly sticky, tacky, or gluelike, it will be yellow, or white, or cloudy
"Creamy" CF is considered fertile and you should BD when you notice it *unless* from months of experience you know that this is a common type of CF for you during your infertile time (it is for me). It is white or cloudy, and feels like lotion between your fingers... very lotiony or maybe a little thinner like milk.
"Watery" CF is fertile and your should definitely BD when you get it! It will look and feel just like water. This CF will usually cause your panties to get wet. Remember fertile CF will make a round wet spot whereas infertile CF ill make a white square or line in your panties.
"Egg-White" CF... this is the one you really want! BD every day you have it! When you pull your fingers out, this CF will be like slimy watery, gooey, runny snot all over your fingers! Sorry, that is gross, but it is true. It will feel veeeery slippery between your fingers, and if you rub it between your thumb and index fingers, and then separate those two fingers, it will streeeeetch... If you drop it into a glass of water it will form a ball and sink to the bottom. At this time your will get a wet and lubricated feeling in your vajayjay.

Many women get a patch of fertile watery or EWCF right before their period, and I have had watery CF every since I got preggo... so it is possible that you are nearing the end of your cycle if you see it a second time. It is also possible that you did not ovulate the first time you saw the EWCF, and your body is gearing up again to ovulate. Since you are not temping, you cannot be sure you ovulated yet, so you should BD every day you think you have fertile CF.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am not shy in case you didn't notice
2.gif

ETA: There is really no mistaking EWCF.. .it is very obvious. As I mentioned, my first two cycles off the pill I did not get any and I was like, "Is this it?? Is this it?" But then my third cycle I got it and was like, "OOOOoooohhhh! I get it!" There really is no mistaking it!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
That information was very helpful, dreamer. Thanks for sharing!

I meant to ask you knowledgeable ladies a question, as well. This is my month third month coff BC... Right now I''m charting to avoid on FF. My first cycle off BC was 32 days- o''ing on CD 19, and the second one 33 days, o''ing on CD20. Both months I had at least 4 days of EWCM before my O date, plus increased sex drive.

Today is my scheduled O date (CD20) and I haven''t had any EWCM, or increased sex drive, or any other signs of a possible O. (I''ve been battilng a yeast infection so haven''t really been vigilant with charting CM - but it seemed like I had creamy CM throughout). I charted my temps this month too, and there''s no temperature drop or rise either. So I''m confused!

I doubt that I''ve o''d already....but if I haven''t....how long is it going to take? CD20 is already so late. I''m concerned that my cycles may be getting longer and longer each month, and that bothers me because I read somewhere it can affect conception chances (lining gets too old etc.).
7.gif

Don''t cycles usually get shorter after coming off BC, instead of longer? I don''t remember my normal cycle lengths so I don''t even know what is normal, though.
8.gif

Did anybody have wacky cycles after BC, or did they get progressively shorter?

I''m also wondering if I''ve been temping right. My alarm clock is usually set anytime between 7:30 and 8 am - so one morning I would temp at 7:35 am, the next morning at 8:00 am, and another morning at 7:45 am. Do you think it would offset my temps if I don''t temp EXACTLY at the same time each day?

Thanks!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 6:42:20 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 6/20/2008 5:52:58 PM
Author: littlelysser
Amber - Sorry AF made a visit. But at least you can go hog wild in Kauai! That has to be worth something, right? Also, lol''ed at the skirt tearing story. That is SOOOOO something I would do.

Fischer - Welcome! I''m new here too. Still not charting or anything, trying to DTD mid-cycle and see what happens!

Alright...to all the ladies...

I''m SO CONFUSED ABOUT CM! Which, on an unrelated note, for whatever reason, my brain and mouth transpose the c and the s and I keep calling it cervical music. And I totally crack myself up!

I can''t tell what I have and what I''m doing! I''ve checked it daily, and I just can''t seem to get a read on it. I was quite sure I had the EWCM mid-cycle, but today, I''m seeing something that looks like it too. I don''t know, which doesn''t make sense, right? I''m even trying to google the different types of mucus to see if I can get pics of the different kinds. But nothing has been too helpful. Any words of advice?

This is my first month even looking at this sort of thing...so I''m mighty confuzzled...
7.gif
Okay, this will be TMI but I feel like I got a really good handle on this stuff this past cycle and it is really important for predicting your fertile phase...

My first two cycles off the pill I had LITTLE OR NO CF, and so was very confused about what was going on. If you have recently come off the pill, this could be an issue for you so it may take some time for it to appear.

Drink at least 8oz of water per hour during the middle of your cycle. CF is made of water, so lots of water will make you produce more of it!

You may need to assess my CF internally to get a good idea of what is going on. Since you are expressing confusion, you probably need to do the internal assessment. Remember, CF comes from the cervix and for many women it hangs out up there. To properly sample it, you need to insert *2 fingers* held straight and touching one another (like if you were making a gun with your hand *bang* *bang*), into your vajayjay until you feel the tip of your cervix, then you need to separate the two fingers and circle them around either side of your cervix a couple times. Then put them together again and keeping them slightly bent, pull them out. By swirling your fingers around your cervix you will ''scoop'' up the CF, and keeping them a teensy bit bent when you pull them out helps keep the CF from coming off again. If you only use one finger, the cf will not stick to your finger so you may not be able to get it out of your body to assess it! With the two finger method you will be able to pull it out-a there and look at it.

''Dry'' CF is infertile and at this stage your fingers will just glisten slightly. At this phase in your cycle it may be very difficult to do the internal sample, and it probably isn''t required. Just remember that you can often *feel* dry at the outside but have tonnes of EWCF internally (it hangs out near the cervix and may not drip out if it is very thick) so to be safe you shouldn''t assume yo uare infertile just b/c you feel dry externally.
''Sticky'' CF is also infertile and it will stick to your fingers but it will appear slightly sticky, tacky, or gluelike, it will be yellow, or white, or cloudy
''Creamy'' CF is considered fertile and you should BD when you notice it *unless* from months of experience you know that this is a common type of CF for you during your infertile time (it is for me). It is white or cloudy, and feels like lotion between your fingers... very lotiony or maybe a little thinner like milk.
''Watery'' CF is fertile and your should definitely BD when you get it! It will look and feel just like water. This CF will usually cause your panties to get wet. Remember fertile CF will make a round wet spot whereas infertile CF ill make a white square or line in your panties.
''Egg-White'' CF... this is the one you really want! BD every day you have it! When you pull your fingers out, this CF will be like slimy watery, gooey, runny snot all over your fingers! Sorry, that is gross, but it is true. It will feel veeeery slippery between your fingers, and if you rub it between your thumb and index fingers, and then separate those two fingers, it will streeeeetch... If you drop it into a glass of water it will form a ball and sink to the bottom. At this time your will get a wet and lubricated feeling in your vajayjay.

Many women get a patch of fertile watery or EWCF right before their period, and I have had watery CF every since I got preggo... so it is possible that you are nearing the end of your cycle if you see it a second time. It is also possible that you did not ovulate the first time you saw the EWCF, and your body is gearing up again to ovulate. Since you are not temping, you cannot be sure you ovulated yet, so you should BD every day you think you have fertile CF.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am not shy in case you didn''t notice
2.gif

ETA: There is really no mistaking EWCF.. .it is very obvious. As I mentioned, my first two cycles off the pill I did not get any and I was like, ''Is this it?? Is this it?'' But then my third cycle I got it and was like, ''OOOOoooohhhh! I get it!'' There really is no mistaking it!
We aren''t charting either. For now, we''re just going to see what happens when we are trying instead of not trying. I tend to be obsessive and I think I''d stress myself out too much and make it too technical and we really want to feel like this is a miracle, not something we put equations into to make happen at just the month we wanted.

However, if we have a difficult time (and we might, as my cycles have been fully whacked since I came off the pill in early early 2008), we''ll go that route.

I''m confused on the knitting thing mentioned here... I never was able to read backwards enough to see where it originated.

Blenheim, thanks for the thoughts! I was surprised to see you here, didn''t know you were in the same spot. How fun would it be to be pregnant at the same time, and then brand new mothers together? I''ll have to tell Paul I saw Blen today!

One thing we''ve already decided is not to tell many people when we are first, first pregnant. I can''t imagine the pain of having people ask how I''m doing, how the baby''s doing, that sort of thing, if we lost the baby early on. I don''t want to be negative, but I just know how I am and I think waiting a bit would be best. How long do you guys plan on waiting?

I probably will blab it to the world because I''ll be so overwhelmed with emotion, but I like to think I could keep it quiet for a little while, anyway.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 7:15:00 PM
Author: Sha

I meant to ask you knowledgeable ladies a question, as well. This is my month third month coff BC... Right now I''m charting to avoid on FF. My first cycle off BC was 32 days- o''ing on CD 19, and the second one 33 days, o''ing on CD20. Both months I had at least 4 days of EWCM before my O date, plus increased sex drive.

Today is my scheduled O date (CD20) and I haven''t had any EWCM, or increased sex drive, or any other signs of a possible O. (I''ve been battilng a yeast infection so haven''t really been vigilant with charting CM - but it seemed like I had creamy CM throughout). I charted my temps this month too, and there''s no temperature drop or rise either. So I''m confused!

I doubt that I''ve o''d already....but if I haven''t....how long is it going to take? CD20 is already so late. I''m concerned that my cycles may be getting longer and longer each month, and that bothers me because I read somewhere it can affect conception chances (lining gets too old etc.).
7.gif

Don''t cycles usually get shorter after coming off BC, instead of longer? I don''t remember my normal cycle lengths so I don''t even know what is normal, though.
8.gif

I''m also wondering if I''ve been temping right. My alarm clock is usually set anytime between 7:30 and 8 am - so one morning I would temp at 7:35 am, the next morning at 8:00 am, and another morning at 7:45 am. Do you think it would offset my temps if I don''t temp EXACTLY at the same time each day?

Thanks!
I guess I am the crazy fertility lady tonight
3.gif

Sha, your cycles can do all kinds of kooky things coming off bcp, so don''t worry yet. That''s one nice thing about charting: you know you are O-ing each month, which is a great thig! I worried about that myself for the month I didn''t chart, which is silly but all sorts of crazy things cross your mind when TTC
20.gif
It''s important to remember that the luteal phase, which is the time from when you O until aunt flo (AF) arrives is usually the same from month to month... give or take a couple days. However, the follicular phase, from day one of your period until the day you ovulate, is very sensitive to stressors. A cold, anxity, or a yeast infection is really likely to push your O day back a couple days. As for late ovulation and fertility, don''t worry too much. If you are curious check out the message boards at www.ovusoft.com, which is the companion website for Taking Charge of Your Fertility, a great book about charting and FAM (fertility awareness method). There are many great threads about issues with charting, and many many women get preggo with a so-called "late" ovulation day.

As for when to temp, 30 minutes will probably push it around by 1/10th of a degree or so, depending on your body and your specific metabolism. It probably isn''t enough to "hide" your pattern, since the shift at ovulation is usually about 4/10th of a degree. But if you havea slow-rise ovulation, Like Indy did the cycle she got preggo, then inconsistent temping and 1/10th of a degree error can really make a difference! Indy stil ldoesn''t know if she O''d on cd-16 or cd-20! LOL!!

Sha, try to take it easy and let your body get used to being off the pill for a good while before you get worried. Apparently there are fertility disturbances for women coming off bcp for 7 months after stopping. After 7 months, there is no difference in fertility between women who were on the pill and women who never were. For me, it was 3 months before my body returned to normal.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher- we didn''t like calling the time between o and waiting for af the two week wait, so somebody came up with calling it the knitting club.

As far as telling people, I think I would prefer to wait until at least the first doctors appointment to tell close family, and then probably wait until 12 weeks to tell others. However, if anything did happen I''d end up telling people anyway, probably. I had an ectopic in December before we had told anyone so then everyone found out anyway. But I still don''t want to tell people when it''s really early.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 8:46:17 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly

We aren't charting either. For now, we're just going to see what happens when we are trying instead of not trying. I tend to be obsessive and I think I'd stress myself out too much and make it too technical and we really want to feel like this is a miracle, not something we put equations into to make happen at just the month we wanted.

However, if we have a difficult time (and we might, as my cycles have been fully whacked since I came off the pill in early early 2008), we'll go that route.

I'm confused on the knitting thing mentioned here... I never was able to read backwards enough to see where it originated.
Hey Fisher, the "knitting club" is the name we formed to replace the term "two week wait", which is usually used to refer to the time from ovulation until conception. We thought the term "2 week wait" was old fashioned because hardly anyone actually ovulates on day 14 of their cycles! The actual normal range is anywhere from CD-9 until CD-25! So we decided we would all take up knitting to pass the time while waiting, so if you are just waiting to see if you are preggo, you are in the knitting club! LOL!
3.gif

As for charting, girl you don't have to do it! I enjoyed learning about my body, so that's why I did it. For me personally, I actually find conception even *more* miraculous knowing about all the different steps and processes that need to occurr for conception to happen. It has been a really interesting learning journey. But obviously, most women get preggo without charting!
9.gif
I wish you all the best! It is an exciting, crazy, wonderful, stressful time to be sure!

ETA: Tiffany you bat me to it and said it much more succintly!
3.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer - That was THE BEST synopsis of CF I've ever seen
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
THANKS!!!

PS. Welcome Fisher, Sha and LittleL! Hope to knit with you soon!!
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 9:39:22 PM
Author: mela lu
Dreamer - That was THE BEST synopsis of CF I've ever seen
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
THANKS!!!
LOL!! Clearly I am the crazy fertility lady.

I am thinking of becoming a fertility counselor if my current career doesn't pan out!
3.gif
Really, I mean it. If I become too disenchanted with acedemia I plan to become a midwife/FAM educator, I just find this stuff SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fascinating! I guess I'd have to go back to school for ANOTHER 4 years, but what's four more when I've already done eleven?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully one of those hearts worked. I''m exhausted.
3.gif

Fishie, we were originally talking about TTC in Jan ''09, although I think that I was incredibly vague about our timeline on PS until we actually started. My MIL knows my screenname here, but I doubt she comes on and I just decided to throw caution to the wind.

We''re planning on telling our parents immediately and then telling people in general later on - 12-16 weeks, maybe? If I have really bad morning sickness or something, I may end up having to tell a couple of my close work friends a bit sooner.

Dreamer, great CM descriptions! I feel the same way that you do about charting.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 9:48:29 PM

LOL!! Clearly I am the crazy fertility lady.
You are the crazy FERTILE fertility lady.

...and we lurve your for it!
28.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Just one day and I've neglected this thread already
25.gif

I've been over to the barely preggo thread. Way to go DD!

Hey everybody I am so glad we have a new group of TTConceivers.

It's funny that the more recent group came up w/ so many strange references to BD, 2WW, Jerkstore, KC, etc.

I almost said "knitting club" to someone in reality today and stopped myself just in time.

So for those who don't know me, I am in the midst of an IUI cycle w/ a repro. endocrinologist.

We've already tried for 6 months.

We just found out today that I now have 5 follicles (essentially eggs) and well, holy cow!

I've been regularly updating on here. Each day is a new surprise w/ this stuff.

Sunday is another US and possibly a trigger shot to release eggs and then insemination on Tuesday.

Hope everyone is happy and enjoying Friday night!

Lisa

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Eeeeeeeeeeeee! Lisa!! Five?!?!?! Amazing. I wish you luck upon luck!! (jerkstore)

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 10:20:46 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Eeeeeeeeeeeee! Lisa!! Five?!?!?! Amazing. I wish you luck upon luck!! (jerkstore)
huh? A Jerkstore already?

Amber I don''t even have a blastocyst not to mention an embryo yet!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 11:03:42 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted
5 Lisa, Holy Cow
Tiffany, don''t call Lisa a cow
2.gif
, she might be sensitive about the size she will be with a litter in there!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Lisa, although I think cows only have singletons.

Well everyone, I am off to the Outer Banks in the morning. I''m sure when I get back there will be plenty to catch up on. Good luck to everyone!!
And Amber, have fun in Kauai!!!(by the way, I can''t believe you are packing already. I packed TODAY for my trip tomorrow)

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, funny story today gals!

DH and I were shopping at Trader Joe''s, and he got into a conversation with a little 4-year-old girl and her mom about finding Bobo (the stuffed bear they hide in the store). He always seems to talk to the kids when we grocery shop.

I went to get some groceries, and when I came back and said hi to the girl, she asked me, "Hey, where''s your baby?" I was so taken aback but amused! I guess that she assumed that all couples have babies. :) I explained that my husband was my baby for now, but that we wanted to have a kid like her soon! Her mom was like "I think she''s trying to tell you something!"

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tiffany! Seriously, I must pack early because I've totally spazzed out and forgot things.

Okay okay, Lisa... You're not a jerkstore. You're a jerkiosk like they have in the malls here in LA (you're not a full jerkstore yet). :) You've got FIVE huge follicles! That is soooo exciting.
36.gif

So I was folding DH's huge shorts straight out of the dryer, and since I'm WAY shorter than him, I have to hold his shorts to my neck and I burned the bejesus out of my clavicle with his huge metal button. Since we have no ice here, I took the sealed bottle of vodka out of the fridge and pressed it to my throat. Well, apparently the frozen garlic bread had melted or leaked or something on it, and now my neck smells like garlic butter.
14.gif

Also: Lisa, I keep meaning to tell you that you look like my cousin Lisa in the OC who have boy/girl twins via IVF last January! Sadly, that makes me extra hopeful for you, like I'll have more little cousins!
20.gif
I am such a weirdo.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
DD - HOLY AWESOME ANSWER BATMAN! Thank you very much! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that and I'm feeling like I've got a much better handle on it! When/if AF arrives it will be my third period off BC. So I suppose I need to just settle myself down a bit until I get a better handle on the whole CM thing!

Fisher - If I do get preggo we are going to tell my folks and sister and a couple close friends right away. I have always been a wear my heart on my sleeve kind of person and I am REALLY not good at keeping secrets...I think a good rule of thumb - and I may have read it here - is to tell the folks whose support you'd want if things ended in a m/c. And for me, that is my nuclear family and a couple of dear friends. After 12 weeks, we'll probably tell everyone that could possibly be interested and probably a few folks that aren't!
2.gif

Lisa - QUINTS! Holy Moly. Best of LUCK!!!!

Tiffany - Have a nice vacation! And kick that cold!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Amber - LOL at jerkiosk. for real.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock

7.gif

8.gif

Thanks!

Sha, in case this helps, I went off BCP in January, and we started seriously TTC in May. I had a couple of pretty normal length cycles (while not charting... but I didn''t ''feel'' like I was ovulating...if that means anything), then two weird random 21 day cycles with VERY light AF, then a 31 day cycle, then I got knocked up.

Moral of the story, for 3 or 6 or even 12 months, your cycle may be WONKY! and you may have the occasional anovulatory cycle which is absolutely NOTHING to worry about. So this may just be one of those. It is WAY too soon to worry about it. Heck, look at me!
3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 11:57:07 PM
Author: peonygirl
Oh man, funny story today gals!

DH and I were shopping at Trader Joe''s, and he got into a conversation with a little 4-year-old girl and her mom about finding Bobo (the stuffed bear they hide in the store). He always seems to talk to the kids when we grocery shop.

I went to get some groceries, and when I came back and said hi to the girl, she asked me, ''Hey, where''s your baby?'' I was so taken aback but amused! I guess that she assumed that all couples have babies. :) I explained that my husband was my baby for now, but that we wanted to have a kid like her soon! Her mom was like ''I think she''s trying to tell you something!''

That is seriously cute.
4.gif
So they hide the bear whenever they go shopping, and then the little girl tries to find it? That is just adorable too.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Little - Amber is a complete riot and an excellent story teller to boot!

Yes I will accept the honorary title of Jerkiosk!

Question - do I sell fertility shots or condoms or pre-made BFP tests from all the real Jerkstores?????

Amber - we sound a lot a like with that button story and garlic bread vodka stench. And now the cousin connection?

You know I'll be moving to the OC soon. Gag me - another "housewife of OC" but we redid the whole place you saw the pics.

Seriously, you and Hub's should come over while we're both as huge as whales!

UNUSUAL GONAL-F STORY

So RE tells me yest. that I need 2 more inj. and I have no pens!

I tell the RN and she scours the office for a sample box - none available.

So we are sitting there dumbfounded (can't get the pen from Freedom & not locally either) and it occurs to me that there are leftovers in the pens (not a lot but some).

So I ask her to give me some syringes so I can extract what's in there to hopefully make up my 150 iu dose. She gives me some and last night I realize that the 3 pens produce way more than 150 iu overage FSH.

There I was sitting on the toilet like a heroin junkie sucking out the precious FSH from various vials into the syringe and then stabbing myself while watching the liquid go in. It seemed like a lot of fliud as you don't get to see the quantity w/ the pre-set pens.

My last shot arrives today via fedex - phew.

How deep does this rabbit hole go, Alice?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Heeeheee! It will all be so worth it when there''s more Lisa-derived cuteness in the world. Just, maybe not FIVE!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
OK Indy we keep missing eachother w/ all these crazy threads.

DD - I spent an hour reading about Jon & Kate and they never say what injectable she was on.

The twins were IVF.

The sextuplets were IUI but w/ what med?????

AND she had PCOS. So there was some destiny involved for her.

But what med? Clomid - probably not, FSH - maybe? Why won''t they tell?????

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, I hate being up early.
14.gif
DH is someone''s godfather today, so we''re going to the baptism. It''s weird to me, since I''ve never met these people before, and the kid is a student.
33.gif
I didn''t know you could ask your kid''s teacher to be a godparent!

Anywho, time for me to get dressed up in 90 degree weather, to sit in the church with people I don''t know.
1.gif

AF is killing me today- just one more week. I can do it!

Lisa, it really is odd, considering my cousin Michael is really the blood relative, he''s white and Lisa is Korean. Her babies are so frigging cute.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Amber- your stories... man alive!
9.gif
You make me laugh.
Fisher- welcome! Hope you have a short stay!
Lisa- first of all, the image of you with syringes spread out around you, scraping together enough for your "next fix" has me in stitches! And... 5
23.gif
for the love of all things baby! Do I dare say what if????
6.gif

Blen- How''s the knitting? How long are you going to wait to POAS? I''m so afraid I won''t be able to wait 2 weeks! Fingers are crossed that one out of all those hearts will have done the trick!
31.gif

I don''t know how I''ll ever survive the knitting club... I can barely survive the wait till O time. The world keeps trying to teach me patience, but I just can''t seem to pass the class!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 8:59:22 PM

7.gif

8.gif

Thanks!
I guess I am the crazy fertility lady tonight
3.gif

Sha, your cycles can do all kinds of kooky things coming off bcp, so don''t worry yet. That''s one nice thing about charting: you know you are O-ing each month, which is a great thig! I worried about that myself for the month I didn''t chart, which is silly but all sorts of crazy things cross your mind when TTC
20.gif
It''s important to remember that the luteal phase, which is the time from when you O until aunt flo (AF) arrives is usually the same from month to month... give or take a couple days. However, the follicular phase, from day one of your period until the day you ovulate, is very sensitive to stressors. A cold, anxity, or a yeast infection is really likely to push your O day back a couple days. As for late ovulation and fertility, don''t worry too much. If you are curious check out the message boards at www.ovusoft.com, which is the companion website for Taking Charge of Your Fertility, a great book about charting and FAM (fertility awareness method). There are many great threads about issues with charting, and many many women get preggo with a so-called ''late'' ovulation day.

As for when to temp, 30 minutes will probably push it around by 1/10th of a degree or so, depending on your body and your specific metabolism. It probably isn''t enough to ''hide'' your pattern, since the shift at ovulation is usually about 4/10th of a degree. But if you havea slow-rise ovulation, Like Indy did the cycle she got preggo, then inconsistent temping and 1/10th of a degree error can really make a difference! Indy stil ldoesn''t know if she O''d on cd-16 or cd-20! LOL!!

Sha, try to take it easy and let your body get used to being off the pill for a good while before you get worried. Apparently there are fertility disturbances for women coming off bcp for 7 months after stopping. After 7 months, there is no difference in fertility between women who were on the pill and women who never were. For me, it was 3 months before my body returned to normal.
Thanks dreamer and Indy, for the advice.
1.gif
Yeah, I think my cycle is still adjusting. I tried the finger swirl CM-checking technique you described, dreamer, and I retrieved a teeny bit of EWCM (mixed with creamy?) today, so maybe I''m going to ''O'' soon. I also got a temperature dip this morning...so we''ll see what happens tomorrow.

I also checked out ovusoft.com - it looks like a good resource!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
IG--yeah, every store has one and the kids get a prize if they find it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results