carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 8:24:48 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Shucks....can I post on the barely preggo thread even though I have follicles?

I guess my category is very pre-preggo but not dormant either????

Ahh the TTC limbo.

My follicles are heavy and making me say/do weird things - I''m a total fuit loop!

Will post more after family dinner.

Triplets what if I have Triplets!!!!!!!! This has also been the thought of the day.
LOL! Lisa, your three follies have 50 more chromasomes than anyone else''s embryo, so that qualifies you to post wherever you want!
3.gif
Triplets... man alive... that would be fuuuuuun! You saw the link I posted earlier about "Ethiopian Triplettville" right? The adopted triplet boys from Ethiopia and seem to have a blast. And think: It could be 6 kids! "Jon & Kate Plus 8" got their twins and sextuplets from IUI!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 7:29:43 PM
Author: Blenheim
I just got out my knitting needles.
Blenheim, it seems so soon! Looking back, time seems like time flies, but as its going it is slooooow as molasses... How do you think this month went for you? I remember a few days ago you were thinking that things weren''t gearing up like usual? The body is mysterious, but when you had that triphasic it wasn''t your month, maybe this time when you might think it isn''t *perfect* it will all work out? My fingers are crossed for you!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
YeeS! Trips trips trips trips!!! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! (for you, not me - no siree bob) LOL

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Blenheim--

I think I''ll join you for a little post-BFP knitting. I''m still trying to decide when to tell my friends and family...

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
So, next month starts our official first month of "trying" and we''re taking a road trip to see my family and I thought some good reading may be in order. I''ve seen a few books thrown out as suggested reading for mommie''s to be, anyone have any suggestions that I can flip through to choose for the trip?

By the way, super happy news... Paul told his parents he''s really up to being a daddy soon. His mom told me. He''d never tell me something like that (although I''ve been seeing a change in him, in the way he acts around children and all that sort of thing) because he knows how just insanely in love I am with what will be our baby one day, and he doesn''t want to aid in my being even more over-eager. I think it''s just precious, though.

I can''t wait!

Okay, I''m terrified, too. But mostly I can''t wait! (Until I am pregnant and then I''ll be nuts!)

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 11:01:14 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
So, next month starts our official first month of ''trying'' and we''re taking a road trip to see my family and I thought some good reading may be in order. I''ve seen a few books thrown out as suggested reading for mommie''s to be, anyone have any suggestions that I can flip through to choose for the trip?

By the way, super happy news... Paul told his parents he''s really up to being a daddy soon. His mom told me. He''d never tell me something like that (although I''ve been seeing a change in him, in the way he acts around children and all that sort of thing) because he knows how just insanely in love I am with what will be our baby one day, and he doesn''t want to aid in my being even more over-eager. I think it''s just precious, though.

I can''t wait!

Okay, I''m terrified, too. But mostly I can''t wait! (Until I am pregnant and then I''ll be nuts!)

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

How exciting for you! I wish I had books to recommend, but this whole pregnancy thing caught me unawares. That''s really sweet that Paul told his parents that he''s ready to be a dad.

I hope you have a wonderful trip and a good first month of TTC!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
yay, Fishie!! I''ve been wondering when you would join us. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is really good if you want TTC-type reading.

Date: 6/19/2008 9:40:20 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 6/19/2008 7:29:43 PM
Author: Blenheim
I just got out my knitting needles.
Blenheim, it seems so soon! Looking back, time seems like time flies, but as its going it is slooooow as molasses... How do you think this month went for you? I remember a few days ago you were thinking that things weren''t gearing up like usual? The body is mysterious, but when you had that triphasic it wasn''t your month, maybe this time when you might think it isn''t *perfect* it will all work out? My fingers are crossed for you!!
Yesterday DH asked me if I had a really short fertile period this month, so I think that it''s flying for him. I think (need one more high temp to verify) that I ovulated on CD 16, 2 days ago. That''s not "really" early - last cycle I ovulated on CD 13.

I had so much watery CM and didn''t start getting stretchy CM until 3 days before ovulation, and I normally get it a lot sooner. When I had EWCM, I didn''t have that much. I also tend to feel really, really, um... in the mood before ovulating, and I didn''t particularly this month. And my ovulation pain is usually a really short stabbing pain on side, followed by period-like cramps maybe 8 hours later. This time, just the cramps. Although I just realized this morning that if the pain followed its normal pattern, the stabbing pain part this time around would have been while I was sleeping. That might be like usual then.

Today''s chart, with a little more information than I usually give.
2.gif
Our timing''s good, at least.

BlenheimJune20.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blenheim, your chart looks lovely, and a lot like mine looked this past cycle! Good job on covering your bases, btw
2.gif
... I think you did everything you could, now it''s just up to random chance I guess!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher-what a cute story, and welcome!
Blenheim-your chart does look lovely, my that''s a lot of hearts
23.gif

My chart this month is not going to tell me anything. I still have a fever, which goes away at times but this morning when I woke up I had one. I should o in the next few days and so I''m sure I won''t have a clear thermal shift unless my fever goes away. Today.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't even notice the hearts on Blenheim's chart!
23.gif
41.gif

Here's my 'now how on earth did that happen?!?' chart. As you can see, I didn't really know what I was doing. It's from Fertility Planner, not FF. I wasn't going to start FF until next cycle. Whoops!

ETA: Just sharing my chart to prove that it really does only take ONE time to make it happen!

ivospremium.ivillage.com.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 11:09:55 AM
Author: tiffanytwisted
Fisher-what a cute story, and welcome!
Blenheim-your chart does look lovely, my that''s a lot of hearts
23.gif

My chart this month is not going to tell me anything. I still have a fever, which goes away at times but this morning when I woke up I had one. I should o in the next few days and so I''m sure I won''t have a clear thermal shift unless my fever goes away. Today.
Tiffany, you can always just rely on CM this cycle. That should still tell you when you have O''d. Sorry you aren''t feeling well!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Erica - what are those shield heart thingys in grey in the intercourse column?

Snuggling?

Outercourse?
31.gif
emteeth.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 11:23:39 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Hey Erica - what are those shield heart thingys in grey in the intercourse column?

Snuggling?

Outercourse?
31.gif
emteeth.gif
Lisa--

The shield means protection. These little icons are actually quite funny.

You''re terrible, but that''s why you''re so great!
3.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning All! Fisher, welcome to the fray! It's very fun to be here!

So far today I've got a little spotting, since according to ME, I'm supposed to have AF show up today. According to FF, not until Monday. FF believed I o'd three days later than I did, which would make my cycle three days longer in order for my LP to be the usual days. I thought I o'd on the 4th/5th, which would make today the 15th LP day. My cycles have been right on, 27 day cycle with a 15 day LP, so I KNEW I was right! I'm glad I overrode FF based on the CM and the O'pain and the O sticks.

ETA: Holy crap. I'll definitely be O'ing during the trip. WOW.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
oh weeee Amber! you are a smart cookie! GL girl....keep us posted!

Oh, I can''t believe I''m going to say this...but I''m looking forward to re-joining that annoying knitting club. ;-)

In the meantime, I''m living through you girls!
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Amber! It ain''t over till the Fat Aunty sings! I started out with 4 days of spotting... then got a BFP.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 12:19:51 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Good Morning All! Fisher, welcome to the fray! It''s very fun to be here!

So far today I''ve got a little spotting, since according to ME, I''m supposed to have AF show up today. According to FF, not until Monday. FF believed I o''d three days later than I did, which would make my cycle three days longer in order for my LP to be the usual days. I thought I o''d on the 4th/5th, which would make today the 15th LP day. My cycles have been right on, 27 day cycle with a 15 day LP, so I KNEW I was right! I''m glad I overrode FF based on the CM and the O''pain and the O sticks.

ETA: Holy crap. I''ll definitely be O''ing during the trip. WOW.
Hey Amber, you are smarter than any software!
3.gif
But am I right that both last month and this month you seemed to have a coupld days delay between the end of fertile CM/OPK positives and your temp shift? If so that is really interesting! I read about that type of temp pattern in TCOYF in the section about "trouble shooting your chart" or something...

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Amber that makes a perfect vacation!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, honestly, I don't even remember.
1.gif
Post EWCM and pos. OPK, I would have three subtle rises and then a big rise. Except for that one day I had a fever.
29.gif
Ugh, that was terrible.

Anyway, I'm glad to see I still O on day 12, as it's been about the same for all the cycles so far. I love routines. Love it. And I love that today is Friday. Got a busy weekend ahead, doing laundry, packing (I'm an early packer, that way I don't use stuff and then forget to bring it), and seeing family. It's also so freaking hot in LA the last couple of days. Can't wait until next weekend when I'm in Kauai!! Any tips on what to pack? We'll have a washer and dryer in our place.

ETA: aaah, the fat lady. She'sa Sung. (said in crappy italian accent) At there there will be no cramps in paradise!
39.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
forgive my hawaii''n but shiat! urgh. so sorry amber. honestly. you''re being so light hearted about it..but i can imagine that this is really tough on you. hugs lady friend. Silver lining? We can knit together soon?! mmm. maybe not so much. Well, I hope your vacay brings you some much deserved rest and relaxation. You''ll be so TANNED!
9.gif
10.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 12:32:38 PM
Author: Independent Gal
How you feelin'' Mela?
I''m okay...thanks for asking
2.gif

My body is doing some strange-as$ things, but my spirits are bright.
16.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mela. I''d feel a lot better had I not had excruciating cramps. It''s like AF wants to REALLY make sure that womb is empty. I''m not much of a tidy person, myself, so it''s good to know something about me likes to make sure all is swept clean (of the offensive nourishing uterine walls).
5.gif
Oh well, nothing I can do other than get that pre-seed ready and molest DH many many times while he''s under the influence of roasted pig and rum.
31.gif

I sure hope your body gets its act together, Mela. Don''t you just hate it when they turn on us? In April I BADLY sprained my ankle the day before O''day (it''s still not better, darn it), and then May had that disgusting cold and fever. June, well, that was just a bust. Here''s to a little Aloha lovin'', along with a little kahuna!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Good lord. AF water retention just made me lose my mind. My skirt''s waistband was too tight, so I cut a little slit in it. Tried to stretch it out, and kind of TORE MY SKIRT DOWN THE BACK. Holy lord, I''ve lost my mind. At least it''s comfortable now.
37.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber you CRACK ME UP!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
AMber - that water retention makes me feel like an over-boiled hot dog about to split. LOL. good call on the waistband. a gals gotta do what a gals gotta do!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m just glad I have a very long shirt on. My friend told me to staple it closed, but I''m kind of enjoying the "comfort-fit waistband" I''ve created.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
LOL you''ve given a whole new meaning to ''comfort fit band'' LOL

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Amber - Sorry AF made a visit. But at least you can go hog wild in Kauai! That has to be worth something, right? Also, lol'ed at the skirt tearing story. That is SOOOOO something I would do.

Fischer - Welcome! I'm new here too. Still not charting or anything, trying to DTD mid-cycle and see what happens!

Alright...to all the ladies...

I'm SO CONFUSED ABOUT CM! Which, on an unrelated note, for whatever reason, my brain and mouth transpose the c and the s and I keep calling it cervical music. And I totally crack myself up!

I can't tell what I have and what I'm doing! I've checked it daily, and I just can't seem to get a read on it. I was quite sure I had the EWCM mid-cycle, but today, I'm seeing something that looks like it too. I don't know, which doesn't make sense, right? I'm even trying to google the different types of mucus to see if I can get pics of the different kinds. But nothing has been too helpful. Any words of advice?

This is my first month even looking at this sort of thing...so I'm mighty confuzzled...
7.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
LL, I wish I could help you! No, not like showing you pictures of mine.
41.gif
Actually the only CF I really get IS EW, which makes it easy. I honestly can''t imagine how to explain it. It''s like stretchy snot that feels slimy.

Well, I WAS hungry, there goes the appetite! I hope someone else can help you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results