carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

centralsquare|1312742217|2985935 said:
Another question about vitamins. My dr. said to take a prenatal vitamin, folic acid and calcium 500 mg 2x/day. How much folic acid do I need? Don't most prenatals have it in there? I also see that many prenatals have the omega 3 in them...should I stop taking my regular omega 3 pill everyday?

For calcium, I've been taking viactive for years now...can't take the pills...they make me nauseous! I guess I should prepare for that feeling, huh?!

My prenatal has 800mcg of folic acid, so it is best to check the label on the ones you are thinking of taking. I also take separate calcium and fish oil pills, so I can't really help you on your omega-3 question. Sorry!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

S&I|1312757549|2986070 said:
centralsquare|1312740271|2985919 said:
I have a question about the Wondfo's...I went to amazon to purchase but see quite a few varieties on there. Is there one in particular you recommend? I see kits, and then in others there are just strips...do I need to buy the kit first and then the strips? :confused:

I think these are the ones that I ordered:
http://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-40-Ovulation-10-Pregnancy/dp/B001FYLNVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312757147&sr=8-1

Be warned that the actual strips are tiny! But the ovulation strips worked for me - I posted a pic of them when I got my surge a few pages back, if you want to see. Good luck - I think you'll like them!

Thank you!!! I'm placing my order now!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Just have time for a quick note...CD3 here. I will be starting Clomid tonight. Ultrasound at CD12 to check out my follicles. Things are moving along smoothly. Hope you all have a great week!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

lizzy, thanks so much for the kind words. I have most of the tests scheduled, but just realized I'll probably be on vacation when they wanted to do my HSG test. I wonder if I can do just that one the next month if needed or if everything needs to be rescheduled. (Do all of the tests need to be done the same month?) I hope your acupuncture appointment goes well. Keep us posted--I'm really eager to hear about it. Still trying to buck up the courage to check it out for myself (I'm a little chicken). Good luck with the clomid. I'm pulling for you!

S&I, you're too funny with your fine tipped Sharpie! I don't think my hand would be steady enough to do that.

amc, it totally took me a while to figure out what AFM meant too. Glad I'm not the only one! I hope things will get easier for you at work soon. Sounds like you have a lot of seniority now!

HOT, your daughter sounds like such a sweetheart! No wonder you want another! :cheeky: It sounds like you have a good plan with the work situation. Thanks so much for the hug. I'm feeling much better. It was just a rough day.

PPM, yay for posting on PS instead of mowing the lawn! You're absolutely right about my mom's comment being a reminder that we never really know what's going on in the lives of others & we should always be kind.
How does the dark line on the itsy bitsy pee sticks indicate PCOS? Still trying to figure everything out. Hurray that AF has gone away.

steph, I'm so impressed that you ran a half marathon! Sounds like you're on top of this exercise thing. That's great that you & your DH can do it together. Running, that is. :naughty: I love your zen approach about not borrowing trouble. I'll try to remember that. :tongue: I hope that all went well at your MIL's.

jas, I totally cracked up at the image of you making cupcakes, shaving your legs & wearing white pants at once. Yep, my mom has never been known for her subtlety. :roll: I hope your boys like their new beds.

Missy & MP, hope you guys are enjoying your vacations!

AFM, CD 18 & still getting negatives on the OPK's. I've done them for 6 days in a row (wasn't quite sure when to start) & am quite addicted now. My calendar app forecasts O on Tuesday, but who knows?

I hope everyone is well & had a great weekend. Hi to anyone I missed!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi again!

Quick POAS question. When (at what time of day) do you lovely ladies usually POAS for the OPK's? The instructions that came with my wondfo's said that "any urine specimen is appropriate for ovulation testing," but I just read online that it was usually better to test in the late morning or early afternoon. (I've been using first morning urine.)

Thanks!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Hi all, I'm back from a nice long weekend, and there's so much to catch up on.

Brightspot, I usually do the OPKs first thing in the morning, and sometimes when it starts getting darker, I do it again in the late afternoon or early evening.

Lizzy, yay for starting a new cycle. Thoughts are with you that this will be your month!

S&I, any news or are you waiting to test again?

HOT, how about you? How many DPO are you now?

Jas, that's great that you are finally on to a new cycle and ready to try again! Hope the transition to big boy beds went well.

Everyone else, hope you are doing well. I lost track of who I responded to, but I will be sure to catch up with you in the next few days.

AFM (as for me for amc :) ) we had a really fun weekend in Vegas. The worst part of going on a vacation is that it is so much harder to go back to work. So not looking forward to this week because I know it will be a busy one. Anyway, we had a good time. Saw the O show, which was very cool. We also ended up getting really cheap tickets to David Copperfield last minute (DH is a magic fan, me not so much). Anyway, I'm such not a fan of audience participation or being the center of attention, but freaking Copperfield decided to pull me up on stage for a trick. DH was just dying because he knows how much I hate that kind of thing :) We got some pool time, had a few really great meals, and DH got to do a little black jack. So all in all, a fun weekend. TTC-wise, I'm a little confused because I haven't gotten a postive OPK yet this month. I expected it this weekend. So, I don't know if I missed the surge, O is going to be delayed, or I am not ovulating. Annoying. Oh well. I guess I'll keep testing.

Hope everyone is well!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, hope this cycle is a smooth and easy one for you! Are you doing the Clomid on CD3-7 or longer?

BrightSpot, I do the same thing as MP with the OPKs - test in the mornings, and add in evenings when I get a test line more than really faint. My surge came and went really fast, so I would have missed it completely if I hadn't added in the extra evening test on CD14. Good luck!

MP, so glad you had fun in Vegas! Maybe all the traveling delayed your O by a few days? Hope it gets back on track soon!

AFM, no updates since yesterday's BFN on CD10. I thought I was getting pre-AF cramps last night (which I never have), but this morning's temp was still at 98.2 so I'm hoping it stays up. I'm not sure if I'll test tomorrow at CD12 or just wait until CD14, if my temps stay up. My sister and her husband are flying in from New York (she got a 4.0 In her first semester of NP school at Columbia!) tomorrow, so it would be awesome to have her here if I get a BFP.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

S&I - it ain't over till the fat lady sings! fingers crossed that your temps stay up there. I say that you test tomorrow on DPO 12! :naughty:

MP - So glad you had a great weekend! What did you have to do on the stage? Ha ha he must have a sixth sense or something and pick on the people who don't want to be up there. Hopefully O is just a bit delayed due to your travelling.

Brightspot - I haven't started using my OPK's yet but i plan on doing it in the morning before leaving for work and then again in the afternoon / evening when i get home, only due to not wanting to do it at work. :cheeky: Yeah my girl is pretty special ::) and a major part of why we are going to try for number 2 even though there will be such a huge age gap. I know she will make a great big sister and i know that she really really really wants to be one, so how could i refuse? :))

Lizzy - Good luck this cycle!

CS - I just go with a pregnancy / conception multi vitamin and cross my fingers its all in there! i haven't looked that close at the bottle. I eat fairly healthy and folate/ folic acid was introduced into all bread products in AU last year so i feel like the pill is a backup anyway.

Jas - so glad it looks like you are finally back on track! Hows the big boy besds going? are they getting up whenever they want to?

steph - that sounds like a hint to me! i get the other kind "oh babies are so much work you know!' from my MIL.

PPM - good to see the witch got out in a timely manner. Have you peed on any more sticks? :cheeky:

AFM - I'm still here at 11 DPO? (or there about). I woke up with some AF pain this morning but nothing has come of that yet. I've still got the big sore BB's and apart from that there's not much happening, just waiting it out.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

hawaiianorangetree|1312866519|2987008 said:
CS - I just go with a pregnancy / conception multi vitamin and cross my fingers its all in there! i haven't looked that close at the bottle. I eat fairly healthy and folate/ folic acid was introduced into all bread products in AU last year so i feel like the pill is a backup anyway.

I looked at a few and they were all pretty similar. They were all compared to a brand called Stuart's, but ironically I couldn't find that Brand! I had a hard time understanding how it was different than my normal multivitamin from looking at the values. It was more expensive so there must be some value in the "prenatal" differentiation.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

HOT, thanks for the POAS support! When are you going to test? So I followed your advice, and tested this morning at 12DPO, and I actually think I see 2 lines! I tried to take a picture of it, but it looks really faint in the picture. Maybe you ladies can slap some sense into me and calm me down.

I am SO going to be late for work today!

si_cycle1_hcg_12dpo.JPG

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

HOLY BFP S&I !!!

You are soooooooooooooooo KU!! There is definitely a line! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations! How exciting! I think you may be late for work too! :cheeky: Did you show your DH?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

You are making me want to POAS S&I :cheeky:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

S&I, Cautiously optimistic for you, but that looks like a positive. Give it a few more days then test. If you do a digi test, I found the CBE more accurate for me. My DH was totally skeptical for 4 days after my first BFP. Congrats!!!!! :appl:

HOT, hope AF stays away. Fingers crossed.

Monkey, you Vegas Vacay sounded fantastic! Sorry you're back to the grind but what a wonderful way to unwind for the weekend! Are you a gambler or just a show-goer? I tried playing blackjack once, and won a whole FIVE DOLLARS! My brother is a big BJ player, once he won $8K!

Lizzy, keep us posted how Clomid goes for you. Hopefully this cycle you'll get some positive stuff happening for you. I'm staying hopeful for you.

~LC

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

S&I, a line is a line! Congratulations!!! You just knew you were KU this month didn't you?! I've noticed on here that a lot of ladies just seem to sense it when they are KU, so I had a good feeling about you this cycle. Very happy for you!

HOT, I hope you are next! We could use another round of BFPs! At the Copperfield show, I had to put on these big nasty rubber gloves and hold a box with a scorpian in it! It was so nasty! I wasn't even paying attention to the card trick he was doing because I was so uncomfortable with the lights and camera on me and worried about the scorpian.

LC, I'm definitely not a gambler. DH really isn't either, but he likes black jack. He actually ended up winning about $175 dollars I think. My favorite part of the trip was laying by the pool :)

AFM, I spoke too soon. I had a :)) this morning on the OPK. We BD'd last night, and will probably do it again today and tomorrow. My sister and her boyfriend are coming to visit late tomorrow night, so the timing worked out well. The guest room is entirely too close to our bedroom for BD'ing, and that is where her boyfriend will likely stay.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

S&I, Just a random non-ttc'er here wishing you BIG CONGRATS!! :appl: :appl: There's nothing like seeing that faint little second line!! A line is a line, and that is A LINE!! WOO-HOO!! :appl: :appl:

HOT, What's stopping you? ;)) :bigsmile: :rodent: :wavey:

Lizzy, Cheering you on from afar!! :wavey: Hoping this is your cycle!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

S&I, that is a positive. Congrats!! I have no patience, so I would probably run out and buy some digis today!

MP, glad to see you had a smiley! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

HOT, thanks! I was late to work - 20 minutes late for a conference call, but luckily it is just a demo meeting so it isn't really required for me to attend. I don't get out of bed until DH is leaving for work (he works for the state so they are a lot stricter about showing up on time than my work), but I did call him. After the "wow, congrats baby" and the "really, are you sure?" type of questions, he asked "so does that mean I don't have to take that sperm test?". When are you going to POAS?

LC, thanks! I am in shock and also being very cautious because I know how easy it is to M/C or for other things to go wrong. I'm sure I'll POAS many more times before I really believe it myself. I am planning on getting some FRER and CBE digi tests today. How are you feeling?

MP, thanks! The line looks way darker in real life than in the picture. What's funny is that I told DH the other night that it would be such a waste if we didn't get a BFP this cycle since I was feeling all these weird sensations, all for nothing. Glad you got that :)) on your OPK. Get busy!

LV, thanks! You should have seen me this morning, watching the pee go up the stick. I went from "darn, it's blank again", to "wait, is that a shadow?", to "is it getting darker/pinker?", to "wow, I think I'm PG!". I am such a nutso! :lol:

NEL, thanks! I am definitely going to buy some FRER and CBE digis today. Since I was already late to work, I'll just get them after I pick up my sister from the airport in a couple of hours. How are you feeling?

Here is my chart for anyone that's interested. I still think I Oed on CD15 instead of CD14, but I guess one day won't matter. FF says my EDD is 4/19/2012 - a diamond baby!

si_cycle1_chart_12dpo.jpg

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

S&I, you are so KTFU!! Congrats lady! :appl: :appl:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

stephb0lt|1312901844|2987185 said:
S&I, you are so KTFU!! Congrats lady! :appl: :appl:

Thanks Steph, I don't think I'll really believe it until it's confirmed with my OB though. How's your new workout routine going?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

YAY!!!!!!!! I SEE A LINE I SEE A LINE!! Congrats S&I!!

I've been following along! Between out-of-town guests and work load I haven't been able to post as often but this is definitely in my daily read!

Nothing exciting going on for me. On CD13 and I started with OPKs last night. Negative so far. I expect that I might start seeing my fade in tomorrow morning if this cycle is anything like the last one.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Clairitek|1312904511|2987226 said:
YAY!!!!!!!! I SEE A LINE I SEE A LINE!! Congrats S&I!!

I've been following along! Between out-of-town guests and work load I haven't been able to post as often but this is definitely in my daily read!

Nothing exciting going on for me. On CD13 and I started with OPKs last night. Negative so far. I expect that I might start seeing my fade in tomorrow morning if this cycle is anything like the last one.

Thanks Clairitek! I keep going back to look at that pic, and almost feel silly for posting it because the line is almost non-existent. Hope you O soon!

jas

Brilliant_Rock

I have terrible vision and I SEE A LINE!!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

S & I, that's a positive! Congratulations!!! :appl: I'd run out for some digitals to put your mind at ease! There's nothing like seeing the words "Pregnant" to make you believe!!! Yay!

MP, yay for a smiley! Keep up the good BD work! That Copperfield experience must have been exciting! I'm glad you had a chance to relax and have fun!

LV and LC, thanks for the support!

HOT, when are you testing? I hope you get your BFP!!!

Brightspot, I use FMU with my OPK's. As the line gets darker, I start to test in the evenings too so that I don't miss my surge. I don't think it will be a big deal to do the HSG next month. None of my blood work coincided with my HSG. But I do know that they prefer to do HSG's between day 6 and 12 of your cycle. Is there any chance you could reschedule it for a different day so that you will be in town? Many people say they get pregnant right after their HSG! Might be worth a try!

Jas, glad to hear you got the ok to try again right away. The waiting is so terrible after a loss. You just want to get going again you know??!!

Steph, I have my good days and my bad days with the losing weight situation. Yesterday, I was ravenous. I don't know what my problem was really. Today has been a good day though and I went out for a walk with my son. So hopefully I can continue with the positive flow....

PPM, accupuncture is next Wednesday. I will be CD12. Maybe she can give me some good luck for O'ing! I wouldn't worry about PCOS just yet, but definitely track how many positives you get on your OPK's.

AFM, I started Clomid last night. I will be taking it CD3-CD7. I have an ultrasound and acupuncture scheduled for next Wednesday, which will be CD12. I feel really tired today and I got plenty of sleep last night, so I don't know if that is due to the Clomid or not. I already have my HCG trigger shot here. It is going to be weird to give myself an injection. I hope my follicles react well so that I can do the trigger and IUI around CD17-CD18. I will be on vaca starting CD19 which frightens me, but my RE nurse told me she thinks that the timing should be just fine.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Will add more later... but...

OMG! S&I! IT'S A LINE!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lady, that's not even faint. I see that puppy clear as day. You officially have a little bean growing in your ute :love: :love:

MerryMary

Rough_Rock

Whahoo! S&I that is totally a line! Congrats lady!!! You are so knocked up!! :appl: :appl:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

jas, thanks! Hope you can get started soon!

Lizzy, thanks! I picked up a pack of 3 FRER tests and 2 CBE digi tests this afternoon. I tested again this afternoon with the FRER and another Wondfo strip (both LH and HCG). I think I will wait on the CBE digi until either tomorrow or Thursday. I really hope the Clomid and trigger/IUI work for you this cycle!

PPM, thanks! The line did get a bit darker as the strip dried out. I did feel better since I know for a fact that the tests were blank at 6DPO, and again at 8DPO, and again at 10DPO. :rolleyes: How are your OPKs going? Are you getting closer to BD time?

Mary, thanks! How are you doing? Did you start your new cycle yet?

Here's this afternoon's FRER test. For some reason, I feel a lot better seeing that line that I did seeing the line on the Wondfo test. I just got back from getting my blood drawn for the quantitative HCG test as well as the progesterone test. I have to go back in 48 hours to do the HCG test again, I guess to make sure my levels are increasing at the correct rate or something.

Thanks again for all the congrats, but I am really trying to be cautious about getting excited because I don't want to be crushed if something bad happens. Do you ladies mind if I stay here and continue cheering you on?

si_cycle1_frer_12dpo.JPG

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

S&I, I can completely understand wanting to protect yourself until you are a little further along. I would be the same way if I could ever get a BFP. But for now, I hope you are able to quietly celebrate your BFP. Hopefully your blood tests on Thursday will give you more peace of mind. And of course you can hang around here as long as you want, although I'm sure the ladies in the JBP will have reassuring words for you.

Lizzy, I hope the timing goes just right too, so you don't feel stressed about it. So, with clomid, do you just have to take a pill once a day for five days? I have a feeling I will be taking it at some point, and I've always wondered how it works. Crossing my fingers that everything goes perfectly for you this cycle.

Clairitek, I think I'm CD13 as well (give or take a day), and I just got my positive today. Hopefully, you'll get your positive soon, so you can start to see a pattern with your cycles.

Anyone else in the 2WW besides HOT?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Posting quickly from my phone so apologies if I mess anything up or forget someone.

Huge congrats to you, s&i on your bfp! That line just keeps getting darker!
We'd be thrilled to see your face in these parts cheering us on. Totally understand not wanting to get too excited yet.
Hope the blood tests go well & make you feel better.

Hot, that's so sweet about your dd wanting a little sibling. She'll be a great big sis!
Any news for you? Hoping af isn't on her way.

Mp, welcome home! Glad you had a great vacay. That's so funny you had to go on stage for
the magic. Yay for a smiley face at home. Happy bding!

Lizzy, thanks for the info on the tests. I'm still not sure on timing as my cycle length aren't
very consistent yet but I'll ask my doc about rescheduling the hsg. Good luck with your appointmet next week & clomid/trigger/iui. Pulling for you!!

Clairitek, hoping for some positive opks for you soon. Get busy, girl!

Ppm, How are your opks going?

Lc, I hope you're doing well!

Thanks to everyone for chiming in on the opks. I thought
I saw perhaps the beginning of a line this am but am probably trying to convince myself.
I'm at cd19 & did have a bunch of ewcm this am so jumped poor dh. Maybe I'll test this evening to see if something is really brewing.

Will post again later from a computer. I feel like I'm missing some folks!
Hope everyone's having a great day!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

S&I congrats again! The second picture is great!!

AFM its CD1, one day early. No surprises really. A little sad that I won't get my diamond baby (s&I you are soooooo lucky! :cheeky: ) but at least I get to POAS with the OPKs soon, right? It's funny how I have begun living my life 2 weeks at a time...

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

MP, thanks again! Did you get confirmation of O yet?

BrightSpot, thanks! I have heard that OPKs don't work for everybody, so I think you are good if you pay attention to your EWCM while you're waiting for the OPKs. Mine started out crazy faint too. Just keep testing each day and hopefully you will see the fade-in.

HOT, so sorry that AF came, and a day early too! But upwards and onwards! Good luck on this cycle! I still can't believe that I peed on 4 separate sticks yesterday, and 2 more this morning. :o I was hoping that the lines would be darker today, but I don't think they are. I had some major cramping after dinner last night, so I hope that's not a bad sign.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results