shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Well, I do believe I am out this month...starting to get the pinkish CM like I did last month. Oh well, not too sad about it. We get to try harder next cycle and cover more days than we did this month. And AF will be over before vacation starts. So on to the next cycle I go! MM, Lizzy and Hot (anyone else??) I hope you are still in for good news this cycle!!

Vacation countdown: 4 days! :D

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

HOT, I give you 2-3 more cycles before you start charting everything. :naughty: I do enjoy charting because it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I end up with a classic looking chart, probably because I am just a dork like that. I have been charting my temps for a long time, even before we started TTC, so it really is a normal habit for me. This was my first cycle to add the OPKs and other symptoms, so I am just glad that my chart is still looking pretty good. I hear on you the not wanting to waste money on tests, but my illogical side tends to start kicking in around 8DPO even though my brain knows it is way too early. I will probably take your suggestion and test at 10DPO if AF hasn't arrived by then.

Steph, thanks! I'm still not sure if we did enough BDing at the right times, so I don't want to get my hopes up. Isn't it crazy how one missing or inaccurate temp screws up FF? Since you weren't trying this cycle, you could probably just make a note that you think your ovulation was actually on Saturday or Sunday, regardless of what FF says.

Missy, so sorry that AF seems to be making her way in. But that's awesome that you will get to enjoy your vacation without her! How is your BIL feeling about the disaster that he luckily avoided? It could have been way worse, for sure!

AFM, my chart is showing another temp jump this morning at 5DPO from 97.9 to 98.1 so I am just hoping it will stay up there for a while.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

S & I, I think I am out this cycle, which really frustrates the hell out of me. Good luck in the 2ww!

Missy, sorry about your BFN's, but at least you can relax and enjoy your vacation. I can't believe your poor BIL almost got taken advantage of. I'm glad he called it off before he was in too deep.

Steph, thanks for the well wishes but it looks like I'm out this cycle. I'm glad to hear you got your positive OPK's though!

HOT, good luck in the 2ww! I hope you have a happy ending!

Mary, still keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope AF does not show up on Friday.

Monkey, I am glad you felt some relief telling your sister about your TTC journey. I think it is nice to have someone who has also experienced the same things you have. A friend of mine finally had her son thru IVF and three years of TTC. She is a great sounding board for me and she gives me a heads up on all things fertility drug wise. I feel lucky to have her. Most of my friends get pregnant after 1 or 2 months and I certainly am happy for them, but they just don't get where I am coming from. One of my friends actually asked me if they can just suture me up so that I stop miscarrying. :nono: She just doesn't get it.

Clairitek, definitely start taking prenatals. It's a super easy way to get ready for TTC so why not right? My doctor just has me start taking them a couple of months before we TTC.

Ally, thanks for popping in with your support, but I think I'm out!

Jas, sorry you are still bleeding. That seems like an awfully long time but I am no doctor. I've had 5 losses but all very early, so I only had more like a heavy flow.

Centralsquare, I like the cheapy OPK's and the CBE digital ones. I use the cheapies until the line starts to darken then use the digitals to confirm O.

Chinacat, I hear you on the OPK's, but if for some reason you don't get a positive it will be good info to give your dr. you know?

AFM, I caved and tested again today and still a BFN. I will test again tomorrow morning (14dpo) and if still negative, my directions from RE are to stop the progesterone. Once the progesterone is stopped my period should come in a couple of days. Progesterone stops your period from starting so that is the next step.

I am really disappointed from this cycle. Chinacat asked for a quick recap of my history so I'll include some of that here. I have no problems getting pregnant naturally (no fertility drugs). Every month we try, we get pregnant. Except one month that I did not ovulate after a m/c. But I have a problem staying pregnant. I have been pregnant 6 times, but have miscarried 5 times. Not good odds. I had two m/c's in 2008, then went on to get pregnant with my son naturally. This year, I have been trying for baby #2 and have gotten pregnant three times and have miscarried all three times. My RE has run all testing available and I am all clear. My RE put me on Clomid to up the amount of eggs released in the hopes that one of them will "stick" this cycle, and what happens? I don't even get pregnant!!!! WTF??? So, when I try naturally, I get pregnant and miscarry. And when I use fertility drugs, I don't even get pregnant. I am sad, depressed, disappointed, and wiped out. My plan coming into this cycle was that if I got pregnant and miscarried, I would do IVF for sure next cycle. But I honestly never expected to not get pregnant! Maybe that was naive of me, but I truly don't think i even ovulated and that would explain it. Tomorrow if I get another BFN, I will stop the progesterone and call my RE to see if she can do an u/s to check my follicles to see if she thinks I actually O'd. If I didn't O, then I am going to talk to her about Clomid with an HCG trigger to push on O and other recommendations. But the hard part for me is that I do ovulate and get pregnant easy so why do Clomid next cycle, why not just try again naturally? Aaaahhhh....I have so many words for how I feel ladies. Any thoughts? I just don't know if I'm ready for IVF.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

lizzyann|1312307738|2982431 said:
I am really disappointed from this cycle. Chinacat asked for a quick recap of my history so I'll include some of that here. I have no problems getting pregnant naturally (no fertility drugs). Every month we try, we get pregnant. Except one month that I did not ovulate after a m/c. But I have a problem staying pregnant. I have been pregnant 6 times, but have miscarried 5 times. Not good odds. I had two m/c's in 2008, then went on to get pregnant with my son naturally. This year, I have been trying for baby #2 and have gotten pregnant three times and have miscarried all three times. My RE has run all testing available and I am all clear. My RE put me on Clomid to up the amount of eggs released in the hopes that one of them will "stick" this cycle, and what happens? I don't even get pregnant!!!! WTF??? So, when I try naturally, I get pregnant and miscarry. And when I use fertility drugs, I don't even get pregnant. I am sad, depressed, disappointed, and wiped out. My plan coming into this cycle was that if I got pregnant and miscarried, I would do IVF for sure next cycle. But I honestly never expected to not get pregnant! Maybe that was naive of me, but I truly don't think i even ovulated and that would explain it. Tomorrow if I get another BFN, I will stop the progesterone and call my RE to see if she can do an u/s to check my follicles to see if she thinks I actually O'd. If I didn't O, then I am going to talk to her about Clomid with an HCG trigger to push on O and other recommendations. But the hard part for me is that I do ovulate and get pregnant easy so why do Clomid next cycle, why not just try again naturally? Aaaahhhh....I have so many words for how I feel ladies. Any thoughts? I just don't know if I'm ready for IVF.

Lizzy, my heart breaks for you, I can't imagine going through so many losses. IVF is a big step, and I would want to know if I was in your shoes how it was going to improve your chances to carry a pregnancy to term, since *getting* pregnant isn't your problem.

Forgive me if I am prying, but do you know if your RE karyotyped you and your DH as part of the testing? I ask because your infertility story reminds me of a blogger I read, who discovered her recurrent losses were a result of a chromosomal balanced translocation. I am certainly not a medical professional, so I have no idea how routine this testing might be, but I thought I might ask just on the off chance that it might help you find an answer.

I am so sorry that you are still looking for an answer. I hope so hard that you might have the second child you want.

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you all for your support! I seem to have stopped bleeding...hopefully for good. (Last time I stopped bleeding two weeks ago, I started up 3 days later, so I'm holding my breath until Friday.) However, to celebrate not bleeding today, I peed on a stick (OPK). Big ol' negative, but who cares. :tongue: I spoke with a nurse yesterday who said that this latest round of bleeding may have been my period. If I can stay in my white clothes until Friday, I think that will have been the case...then on to BD! (Of course, I will change clothes between now and Friday, because...gross)

I have lots of catching up to do...
Lizzyann -- what an emotional journey you're on. I'm so sorry you got a BFN...that seems to have thrown a sorrowful and frustrating wrench into an already difficult situation. I don't have advice, but send you hugs!

S&I I hope your temp stays aloft!

Missy -- You have a very positive AF attitude. Enjoy your vacay! I'm sure you've said it, but where are you headed?

HOT -- good luck with the 2WW!

And HELLO! everyone else. My in-laws have left after visiting, so I can once again be here. Summer is nutty.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Steph. We have had a karyotype done and it was all clear. But thanks for bringing that up. The reason IVF would be a good option is because my RE would get a chance to let my embryos grow for 5 days and then implant the best one. This would give me better chances of having it stick. My RE doesn't know why I am having losses. She says that there is a chance I have a mild case of PCOS. But I ovulate, so even that might not be the case.

Hi Jas, glad to hear that the bleeding has stopped. I hope you can move on now to better things.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

I have no business being on this website right now because I am completely swamped and leaving town on Friday, but I just can’t stay away!

Lizzy, I’m really disappointed for you too (assuming you are correct that you are out this month). I know how hopeful you were about this cycle. If you’re not ready for IVF, you’re not ready. My only thought is that I would hate for you try again naturally only to have a 4th miscarriage in one year. Obviously there are no guarantees with the IVF, but it sounds like your RE thought that would give you the best chance of staying pregnant. That said, I completely get where you are coming from – IVF seems like a big step. You’re lucky that your insurance will cover IVF if you choose that route. Now that I know my insurance won’t even cover fertility testing, I am really worried about that will mean for us if there is a medical reason I’m not getting pregnant. Again though, I’m so sorry Lizzy. We’re hear to “listen,” so vent away if you need to.

S&I, I would definitely recommend waiting until 10dpo if you can. I have fallen to the early testing temptation a few times, and it just plain sucks getting BFNs. I’ve managed to stay away from the HPTs the past few cycles because for some reason getting AF is less depressing than not seeing even a hint of a second line. BFP dust to you!

Missy, shoot. Sorry that it is not looking good for you. Pink/tan cm is usually my sign that AF is on the way as well. If AF does come, the good news is that you are that much closer to trying again next cycle! And wow, glad you BIL wised up. If he does the internet dating thing again, hopefully, he’ll stick to someone who lives in the same city or close by, so he can to know her before making such big plans!

Steph, that’s exciting that you will be trying in September. It will be here before you know it!

Jas, that's great news. I hope you can move on TTCing very soon!

HOT, hope the 2WW goes quickly for you. My problem with my neck is that I’m a stomach sleeper, so if my neck is sore and I lay on it funny, it just exacerbates the problem. I hate driving when it is sore, so annoying.

MM, did you test again? Hopefully it was just too soon!

AFM, you ladies are right, it does feel good to have support IRL from my sister. I know it is irrational, but I sort of was avoiding talking about it with her because this whole TTC thing is making me feel like a failure. I just wanted to be one of those women who gets pregnant without trying, and telling her made the issue seem more real. I’m just so tired of worrying about TTC and wondering if I actually can get pregnant. I wish there was a way to stop thinking about it for awhile, but it is always in the back of my mind! Just trying to trust that it will happen when it is supposed to. Okay, I really need to get back to work. Talk to you all later.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, I've been checking this thread often for updates from you. I'm so sorry about the second BFN. After getting three BFPs in a row (when trying), it must feel very odd to get a negative this cycle. Rationally, I understand that you're bound to get a BFN at some point, even if everything is in proper working order, but I also wonder if this cycle was anovulatory for you only because I know how easy it is for you to get pregnant. I feel like there is no way you can made a decision about IVF until you know more about this cycle--namely, if you ovulated. If you didn't, then I would explore the option that you mentioned (clomid w/ trigger). If you did ovulate then it just seems like bad luck that this is the one cycle you didn't conceive, but maybe the doc has some insight on why that may have happened. IF you had gotten pregnant this cycle and had another miscarriage, then obviously the Clomid option would be out completely, but it's hard to know if you should give up on the Clomid after one cycle. You've been so patient, so I'm stuck. On one hand, another round of Clomid wouldn't set you back much in the long run, even if it didn't work. On the other hand, IVF seems "safer" given that your miscarriages happen so early. My friends have had great success with IVF, but it's emotionally (and sometimes financially) draining, so I think you have to be 110% prepared for it. If it takes you a couple of cycles on Clomid to get to that point, then maybe that's what's best. I'm thinking of you!

Good luck to the other TTCers! Jas, I'm so glad your bleeding has stopped. I felt really bad for you, not only would the bleeding be tough physically (who wants to bleed for weeks??), but I'm sure it's emotionally draining as well since I know you just to move forward. And MP, I'm so sorry AF showed. I know you are so sick of that wh*re showing up on your doorstep these days. I hope you can enjoy Vegas, a relaxing few days by the pool sounds heavenly right now.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Going to attempt to get everyone is here...I always seems to miss someone!

Lizzy - Oh no I am so sorry...I can't say that I know how you feel because I haven't been in your situation yet :(( I hope things get better for you and you can figure out a plan that works (and STICKS!) next cycle.

Steph - Starting TTC in September...that's not that far away! Pretty exciting!

MP - Technically I'm not "spotting" yet but when checking CM it has the pinkish color so AF is just around the corner. I mess up my body too when I am sleeping! I sometimes roll onto my stomach in the mornings and my neck doesn't hurt, but my lower back does!! You think I would learn not to do that by now! I'm glad you were able to open up to your sister and have another person by your side to help you through things.

Jas - I hope it really did stop and it doesn't pull a trick on you and show up again at the end of the week! Thanks I am tring to be laid back about all of this for now! We are going to Myrtle Beach!!! DH, BIL, and I have never been so it should be fun! We are staying with 2 friends, they are married with a baby on the way. We all got a wonderful dose of "pregnancy hormones" as she calls it this past weekend. She blames all her bad moods on being pregnant. Little does she know she's been like this off and on WAY before she got pregnant haha. She's a very nice girl, but sometimes a whole other side comes out of no where! We made a plan to walk to the beach if she starts with the attitude! She doesn't like the beach...but we are going to Myrtle Beach :confused: Anyway, I got carried away there! haha.

S&I - I haven't talked to BIL yet, only DH has. I'm sure he was disappointed but mostly relieved to know that he didn't pay all that money for nothing!! I've been getting along with SIL pretty well lately (most of the time we don't see eye to eye, but she thinks we always get along well! :rolleyes: ) so last week we were talking about this situation and I assumed she already knew but I mentioned something about the girl coming on vacation with us. She had no idea...BIL hadn't told her! So I told her not to say anything to anyone and trusted that she wouldn't. Next thing I knew she told her mom!! (my MIL). Great! So SIL asks me for an update today! I don't think soooo! I'm playing dumb like I don't know anything. I guess someone will have to tell her eventually since this girl was supposed to show up today. Good job BIL for causing all this crazyness :bigsmile:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Missy, that is exactly what I usually get a few days before AF. Not really spotting, but more of a discolored pinkish CM, and only when I check my CP. Last month was the first time I had more of what I would consider spotting before AF, but again, if I hadn't checked internally, I wouldn't have noticed. You're not completely out until AF arrives though!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy. Oh no. :(( That's a lot to endure, both physically and emotionally, in one year. Thanks for the recap, helps to know where you are. I just don't know. From reading your post, I would say that maybe you should let the disappointment of this cycle sink in and ease up a little bit before you make a decision. It might be clearer in a week or so. Seems like you are not quite ready for IVF yet? I'd think about it this way- how many more cycles/miscarriages do you think you can handle? That sounds harsh, but what I mean is, if you think you can handle trying naturally one more time, maybe try that. Because you always have the IVF option on the table, right? And the thing is, it's not IMPOSSIBLE for you to carry your child, you already have one. So so so frustrating. More than frustrating, devastating. My heart hurts for you, I hope you find a way through this. Big hugs to you.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, thanks! I am so so so terribly sorry about your BFN this cycle! I cannot even begin to imagine how you must feel. Thanks for sharing your history too - I had no idea! I wonder why your little beans have such a hard time sticking. Is there some medical or natural way to help them stick better, like thickening your lining or something else? Is that what the progesterone was supposed to do? I have heard that Clomid sometimes does the exact opposite of what it is intended to do, meaning that it may have gotten in the way of your natural BFP results. I am sure you have already thought about all of this, and have tried everything in your power to stay PG, so I hope you are not offended by all of my questions. My cousin-in-law has 2 grown kids from a previous marriage, delivered 2 children that didn't survive, and M/C so many additional times. She is Rh-negative, and described to me how her body pretty much attacks her Rh-positive babies. I am sure that you have already been tested for this, but I thought of her when you said that your problem was not in getting PG. She is the same way, in that she can't carry to term. I really hope you and your RE can figure out what happened this cycle.

jas, thanks! I am at the point where I wake up each morning excited to see another high temp. Yay for no longer bleeding! What is your plan for this cycle?

MP, thanks! I think I will try my hardest to wait until 10DPO before testing. My temp stayed above the coverline through 10DPO last cycle (had some very light pink CF only when wiping), and dropped 0.5 degree down below the coverline on 11DPO, which is the day AF came in full force. We shall see what happens this cycle! Have fun in Vegas this weekend!!!

NEL, thanks for checking in on us! I stalked you a little bit just now :oops: (sorry about that!), and saw that you are posting in the Just Barely Preggers thread. Congrats!!!

Missy, I would be so upset with your SIL for going behind your back and blabbing after you specifically asked her not to tell anyone! My goodness, hope you can enjoy your Myrtle Beach vacation! Come back with lots of beach pics!

ChinaCat, are you getting used to the OPKs or still stressing about them?

Steph, September is only about a cycle away!

HOT, good luck cycle buddy! You are so much more patient than I am with respect to testing. Hopefully we will both find out soon though!

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, Lizzyann. I hope we can move on to better things together.

Monkeyprincess – I’m glad you have a support system. It is hard to get TTC out of your mind, and I am glad we all have this wonderful board where we can let some of that spill out!

NEL, thanks. It WAS both emotionally and physically draining. And terrifying, because of course all I ‘heard” (via my unscientific internet research) was that everyone else’s m/c lasted like three days, so 29 days scared the snot outta me. I am cautiously optimistic for this to have stopped. Like I said, when I hit Friday, I will exhale.

Missy—Myrtle Beach! Yay! Sounds like you have a good escape plan in the event of “preggo” hormones (hee) come charging at you!

Hi ChinaCat!

S&I thank you and I totally get the excitement about high temps. It was my first clue with my first pregnancy. It’s a bit of a buzz every morning  My plan for this cycle is Full Speed Ahead. We have the okey-dokey to get pregnant immediately. I do hope I ovulate this cycle. If not, then we’ll try next month. But I’m just letting myself think All Systems Go!

Good luck, everyone! Also, have a great evening! Sorry to all I missed...

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, I'm really sorry about the BFN. I have no words to say but we're here for you. Can you talk to your doctor about any other possible treatments that you can try that's somewhere between Clomid and IVF? Alternative treatments, diets etc? I know a lot of it can be old wives tales, but I dunno, no harm in trying if it doesn't do any harm, y'know? It does sound you're not ready for IVF and honestly it's hard to say how/what will make you "ready." But really sounds like your gut is telling you to wait even just for a little while. I'm glad you have a friend that understands what you're going through. And your DH sounds like a rock for you.

Jas, I'm staying cautiously optimistic for you until Friday. It's a short two days away, so hopefully it'll blow by quickly and you can get down to the fun part. It's really nice to hear/read your posts, I love your perspective and point of view. It makes this whole crazy time seem more fun with great people around.

Monkey, I'm glad you were able to talk to your sister about your TTC journey. And there's nothing that's a failure about any of the TTC. It's a journey/trial/test of patience. And every day that you're right there standing together with your DH ready to start tomorrow again is, in my book, a success NOT a failure.

Missy, I'm glad your BIL got free and clear of all that crazy drama. Sorry that SIL blabbed about it but playing dumb is a great ploy.

Hope the rest of you ladies are plugging away!

~LC

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lizzy I'm sorry honey. I would not read so much into the BFN this cycle because I think it could just be the odds catching up. You do get pregnanct easily, but no one gets pregnent *every* time, ya know? I don't know what I would do in your shoes except ask my doc's recommendations and go from there. Big hugs lady and be good to yourself this week.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, my heart goes out to you. So sorry about the disappointing cycle. Hugs over the internet heading your way.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy - I'm so sorry about the BFN. :(( I agree with Dreamer, it's possible the odds just caught up, but at least you have your RE who can look at everything and talk about what she thinks. I think IVF is so hard and expensive that if this cycle was just a fluke negative, maybe you can try Clomid again before you jump in. I can see why it would be tempting to just move to that option, though. Best of luck, my friend. We're rooting for you!

jas - so glad to hear things seem to have cleared up! I'll be anxiously awaiting your celebration on Friday! I'll bring the cupcakes! :bigsmile:

MP - I am so sorry that wicked witch showed up yet again. I was so certain that you were due to join us this time! I hope it's just the law of averages making sure it takes some people a while, and that you will get pregnant very soon! At least you have the Dr appt to look forward to. I know someone asked this, but would it really hurt to fudge the dates a little and say you've been trying longer than you have so that they're more willing to do some basic testing? It's not like you have to provide proof :tongue: Wishing you the best, a fabulous time in Las Vegas, and a BFP sooner rather than later. Hugs.

SB - Eeee, so close to actually TTC!!! Love seeing you here!

Everyone else - Best of luck!! I am watching :bigsmile:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, you've gotten a lot of great advice, but only you and your husband (and your doctor) know what is right for you. I will be anxious to hear what you find out from your doctor about this cycle. Just know that you have a lot of people rooting for you whatever you decided to do. Hugs.

NEL, LC and Katy, thanks for checking in and for your kind words. Glad to see you are all doing well over in the JBP thread. I feel like the girl who didn't get asked to prom over here in this thread now that you are all getting close to moving into the pregnant thread :) Hope I can join you soon. Katy, I'm on my 7th cycle now, and will be in the middle of my 8th cycle when I have my appointment. I was all prepared to exaggerate a bit about how long we've been trying, but after I took a look at my insurance and found out it does not cover any fertility testing or treatment, I'm not so sure. I will be interested to hear what she has to say.

Jas, I'm so glad you are finally able to move on from the miscarriage now that the spotting seems to have stopped. Hopefully you will figure out where you are in your cycle soon and get the show on the road!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Good luck to S&I and HOt, and and anyone else in the 2WW. Missy and MM, are you still waiting?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy - I rarely have time to post these days, but I've been following your story. Are you being monitored on the clomid by your RE? When I was put on it (after trying for nearly a year and then suffering a miscarriage), I was monitored by RE weekly to see how many folicles I had and whether or not I ovulated. If you're not being monitored, then you should definitely be temping and/or taking the ovulation tests so you know what's going on. Also, I agree with everyone that it just may not have been your cycle. So many things need to align perfectly in order for a pregnancy to happen and I honestly believe it's all about timing and a little bit of luck. I certainly wouldn't jump straight to IVF after just one cycle of clomid. Give a few months, monitor yourself and BD as much as possible. See what happens...try not to stress (I know that's easier said than done) and then discuss other options if you're still not pregnant. Sending you lots and lots of dust!!!! You'll get there, I promise! :bigsmile:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Thank you guys for all of your support. I will reply individually later, but I wanted to give you an update as I just spoke with my RE.

She said not to get caught up on this cycle. She said I was only on the Clomid Challenge so the days Clomid was prescribed and the monitoring involved was different then if I was truly on Clomid this month. She said that IVF is of course an option for me as my insurance will pay for it, but she said given my ability to get pregnant, she felt strongly that we should give Clomid another chance. For the challenge, I took it days 5-9, but for next cycle when I will officially be on Clomid to get pregnant not just for a testing purpose, I will be taking it days 3-7. I will have an u/s on day 11 or 12 to check my follicles and every couple of days until my leading follicles are 18-20mm. Once my follicles are large enough, i will take an HCG trigger shot to push the follicles to full maturation and release the egg(s). 36 hours later I will go in for IUI. In the meantime, me and DH will be going to the IVF overview. It is mandatory to take that review and sign a waver to receive IVF treatment. It is offered twice a month. She figured we can try Clomid/HCG trigger/IUI this month, do the IVF overview, and then that way if and when we do choose to do IVF all our bases will be covered and we'll be ready to roll. The only issue is that we have a three day vaca planned for this month that I hope does not fall into the timeframe needed for me to be in town, but I think i could move the vaca around give or take a day if we need to. We are going to Sesame Place with my little man! So that is the update. I also asked about acupuncture and she gave me a name so I am going to look into that as well. Thanks for listening! I am happy with the plan!!!

If there is anyone reading who tried Clomid/HCG trigger/IUI, please pop in and tell me how it went. Did you do the IUI 36 hours after HCG trigger?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

So nice to see BlushingBride on this thread again, even if it's just to say hi! I loved the symmetry of seeing your name as the topic starter and then the commenter. And a good reminder that it can take some of us longer, but most of us will get there.

Jas- Counting down till Friday! Full speed ahead, indeed!

S&I- The OPK's stress me out! Well, I shouldn't say stress, because it's not at that level, but they puzzle me and I feel like it makes me think about the TTC way too often. So I started using the OPK on CD10, the one with the smiley face. Nothing. I *should* have ovulated yesterday or so, but no sign on the OPK. I ran out of those, so bought a generic version that has no smiley face, but has the lines. So today I *think* the line is the same color as the test line, but not darker. But who knows, since I've never ever looked at one before, only seen pics on here. Shrugs. I am not really that worried about it, I was planning on acting as if this week was when I O'd so just trying to BD whenever we can and then we'll see. But what's weird is that both brands had different directions about when to POAS. So I was doing it first thing in the am since you can't pee for FOUR hours beforehand. But one brand said you get better results after noon. I think next go round I will stick with one brand. But since my cycles seem to be fine and I haven't had any issues ovulating in the past, I am not going to worry about this unless it's a few months down the road. Right? Remind me of this later. ;))

Lizzy- Sounds like your doctor is on top of it! Glad you have a game plan, and like others said, it's probably unlikely you will get a BFP every time. So try not to let this go round mean anything more than that. How old is your son, btw? I feel like I remember you from the newborn thread or something and I think our boys are close to the same age? O will be 2 on August 18.

MonkeyPrincess- I know that seems like a long time, but it's totally normal. You'll get there. It's also totally normal to feel left behind. It's weird how we can't control these things, but we feel like such failures when we can't make our bodies do what we want when we want. It reminds me of what a miracle this whole thing is. Glad you are seeing a dr soon though, just for your peace of mind.

ETA: LIZZY- Definitely check into the acupuncture! It's all about increasing blood flow and promoting a healthy environment,etc. It's not just for getting pregnant, it can help with lots of stuff. At the least, it can't hurt and it's very relaxing. Which means less stress, which is good. Win win.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, that sounds like a perfect plan. You're getting so close to being pregnant again, I can feel it. I'm just sorry you've had to endure so much to get there. Are you still waiting for AF or are you in a new cycle now? Fingers crossed tightly for you this cycle. And I hope timing works well for your trip. I bet your son will love it. My husband's niece and nephew had a great time there a couple years ago.

China, thanks. I'm trying to stay positive and am hoping I just got the short stick in the statistics world and will conceive soon. I wouldn't be too worried about the OPKs if I were you. They are definitely not an exact science. I wish I could completely throw them out this cycle, but I will probably start using them again in a day or two just so I have as much info as possible when I talk to my doctor.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy - Well that's good news! I'm glad you decided to give Clomid another try and with switching the days around and the trigger shot, I hope it'll work out better this time!!

MP - Nope count me out this cycle...AF came for sure! Time to buy more OPKs I went through them like I had an unlimited supply!!

ChinaCat - I agree the OPKs were slightly confusing at first. I had an unopened 7 day kit that I got from a friend, I think it was First Response and that thing was white everytime, so I bought the Wondfos so I could test out the fade-in. I like them better for sure. Just a recommendation, if you do buy the Wondfos on Amazon, make sure they are labeled as the WIDE ones, because I bought ones my first cycle and they were only 1/8" wide! Plus they were never positve like the wide ones were, maybe I got a bad batch? I didn't like them at all.

First month off BC 34 day cycle, 2nd month 32...not too bad. If I truly O'd on CD22(this is when I wish I was temping so I would know for sure if/when I really O'd), then that makes this cycle's LP only 10 days which slightly freaks me out :errrr: Are the chances better if you have a slightly longer LP?

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

Still rooting for all of you ladies over here! I can't wait to have you jump to the other threads. Wishing you lots of baby dust and happy BDing this cycle. ((((HUGS))))

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, I think DCGator in the Preggo thread did Clomid/HCG/IUI and she should be on the verge of having her daughter. Ping her on the preggo thread and ask what she thought. There might have been a few other ladies that had experience with Clomid. Maybe Sha, IIRC. I also second ChinaCat's suggestion of acupuncture. But I'm the acupuncture pusher so of course I would. It is very relaxing and at the very least you'll destress a little from this whole TTC process. It can't hurt. I'm so happy you've got a plan now and it sounds like a really good one!

Monkey, I'm sorry you feel "left behind." I think HOT said it best when she equated TTC to the LIW period of our lives. I mean you go through months/years in LIW-status, then you spend months planning for a wedding, that lasts 1 day. The TTC process is planning/preparing for the rest of your life. Wow. That's heavy stuff....

Missy, don't sweat the 10D LP. I think TCYOF says 10 days is "too short" but I think that's just her opinion/old information/load of hooey. I have a 10D LP and I think DD reassured me that hers was pretty "short" too, maybe 10-11 days. I can see how one might be concerned if it was just 4 days or something, but even then I think FrekeChild had some crazy short periods and she's due in Feb. I know all of this is anecdotal information and not really helpful except for the whole "emotional easing" aspect of it. What I'm saying is, take some time and step back a little. You guys haven't been TTC for very long, so it sometimes just takes time to get back on your regular cycle and get into the whole TTC thing.

Hugs to all you ladies are doing OK.

~LC

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

So many posts to catch up on! Phew!

HOT- Glad oyster shucking is easier. I totally understand why husbands don’t want wives to go bananas with temping/opks/etc, but I get a major sense of satisfaction out of charting my cycles. You’re nearing the end of TWW, right?!

Claritek: Hi! You’re suuuure you won’t be “officially” joining us any sooner than spring 2012? I take Target prenatals and have also taken gummy ones, but the gummy vitamins don’t seem as complete as the traditional variety.

CS: How are you doing, lady?

Lizzy: Ugh. All I can offer are long-distance, through-computer hugs. It seems like you, DH and your RE have a great plan moving forward. I’m wishing so, so hard for your BFP.

MP: I’m glad you were able to confide in your sister about TTC struggles. You. Aren’t. A. Failure. Repeat that to yourself. 500 times. And then 500 more. You are so deserving of a BFP and you WILL get one.

S&I: Your chart looks fantastic! That’s a pretty clear temp shift with awesome BD timing. Any temp rises?

Jas: So glad spotting stopped! Full speed ahead into this next cycle! Will you be using opks or temping?

Octavia: I know that lower temps along with other symptoms may be a sign of hypothyroidism. I just read a little article about this in my mom’s Good Housekeeping magazine (embarrassing!) and it seemed to suggest that many people may have a slightly underactive thyroid gland but not enough that it warrants medication or any type of intervention. I think (??) that an extremely underactive thyroid can lead to problems for a developing fetus and difficulties TTC. BUT- I am not a doctor and my sources of info are not necessarily reliable. I would say to keep temping and if your body temp remains low, just ask your doctor. It never hurts to ask.

Steph: Did you get those crosshairs? I sometimes wonder about FF’s chart analysis, but that’s why it’s good to look at ALL symptoms. Between temps, opks and cm you basically know when you O’d.

Merry: Bummer on the BFN. Has AF shown yet?

Missy: It sounds like your BIL dodged a bullet! Vacation is almost here!

HELLO! to anyone I missed!

AFM: Temps down & started spotting today, but not before wasting a perfectly good FRER test that came w. my OPKs. Yes, you heard that right. I BD’d SEVEN days before O, actively tried to NOT get pregnant, and still couldn’t resist the urge to POAS. It went something like this: “I have to pee. I’ll pee in a cup. Now I’ll test. Negative… no surprise there. Oh… wait… I’m spotting? Probably should have checked for that before dipping a $10 FRER in a cup of pee. Shit.” I am not acting rationally, ladies.

Tomorrow should be CD1. Hope DH is ready for this. He has approximately one week to prepare ;))

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

PPM, ha! Your description of taking the FRER test made me laugh. I think we all succumb to the POAS-itis once in awhile. The first month I was trying I wasted one by taking it on like 8dpo at about 2 in the afternoon after I had been drinking water all morning. Not a proud moment. Anyway, I'm excited for you that you are going to officially start trying now. Hopefully your timing will work out the way you hope!

LC, you're so right. I feel confident we will eventually get our BFP, and then all of this waiting will seem insignificant.

MQ, congrats on seeing your little bean! You look so happy in your picture over on the JBP thread. Thanks for popping in.

Missy, sorry about the BFP, but I'm excited for you that you will be leaving on your trip soon and that you get to start trying again in a couple weeks. You didn't have the optimum BD'ing time this cycle, so hopefully next time around, that is all it will take. I second LC. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about your 10-day LP. Sure, a longer LP is ideal, but I think it is only a potential problem when it is consistently shorter than 10DPO.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

k, I'm back. Had to put the little man down for a nap. He's in a toddler bed now and it takes him longer to fall asleep, but once he's out...he's out, which is a good thing!

Monkey, thank you so much! I hope next cycle we both get really good news! I heard you mention that your insurance doesn't cover fertility tests. Even blood work? Sometimes, OB's have ways to code their blood work so that it doesn't fall under "fertility". Even u/s's or HSG's can be coded as something else so that it doesn't fall under fertility. They may not cover any fertility drugs, but if you end up thinking you want to try Clomid or something like that it won't be too expensive to just pay for it out of pocket you know? Don't lose faith yet! There are ways around certain things. Still no AF for me yet, but I stopped the progesterone today so hopefully it will arrive real soon.

PPM, you are too funny about POAS! Been there done that! They are so expensive too! But for some reason, I don't mind spending the money as it gives me hope to POAS!

LC, I plan on calling the acupuncture lady today or tomorrow. It can't hurt. I'm gonna post on the preggo thread to see who has experience with IUI etc. Thanks! Hope you are doing well.

Mannequin, thanks!! Hope you are enjoying your 9 months!

Missy, I wouldn't worry too much about the LP yet. Sounds like your cycles are shortening up though which is good news! When do you leave for vaca?

Chinacat, my son is 27 months. I poked around in the newborn and toddler thread for a little so maybe you saw me there. Have you started potty training at all? My son has no interest. I have reached the point in my TTC journey that I would like to get pregnant one more time without IVF. If heaven forbid, I have another loss, my decision will be to go right to IVF. However, I am willing to try to get pregnant one more time. My RE said there is still a risk of loss with IVF, but it will give me a leg up by them implanting the cream of the crop. Hopefully, we won't have to go that route though.

Blushing, thanks for posting. I explained some of the details with Clomid in my last post which I think answers some of your questions for me. Did you end up doing IUI/HCG trigger as well while on Clomid? Please let me know your experience with it all. I always use OPKs but do not temp as it is hard to do with my toddler who wakes up in the middle of the night and such. But next cycle they will be monitoring me via u/s and will do the blood test to ensure ovulation so that is good. So frustrating, but I feel a million times better now that I spoke with my RE.

Katy, thanks for your support. Hope you are doing well!

Clairitek, thanks for the hugs! I appreciate it!

Dreamer, thanks! I completely agree. I feel so much better now that I spoke with my RE and got her recommendation. She just feels we should give Clomid another shot, which is fine because I'm not sure I'm quite ready to jump into IVF. Crossing fingers for next cycle!

Jas, hope you are still feeling good and moving on. Did your dr. give you the ok to try again right away or are you taking time off?

S&I, don't worry you aren't offending me by asking questions. Hey, I'll take any ideas I can get! I am aware that Clomid does affect your lining so my RE only allows her patients to use it for a set amount of cycles I want to say 3 is the most, but I'm not positive. My blood type has been checked and I am not Rh-negative, so I was all clear there as well. The only thing my RE thinks is that I may have a mild case of PCOS, but she usually recommends Clomid to her patients with PCOS, so we are doing all of the right things I guess. How are you doing?

NEL, thank you lady! I am willing to give Clomid another try. This time with trigger and IUI. Like I told China cat, I would like to get pregnant one more time without IVF and see what happens. If it doesn't end well, it will be an easy decision for me to move right onto IVF. So frustrating.... Hope you are doing well!

AFM, I feel a TON better that I spoke with the RE and have a plan for next cycle. I am hopeful that things will work out with Clomid/HCG trigger/IUI. I am at the point that I want to get pregnant one more time without IVF. After that, it will be an easy decision to do IVF if it doesn't work out. I stopped progesterone last night, so my RE thinks AF should hopefully arrive within the next week. This is the first time I hope she comes soon! I went to get rockin and rollin again!

Good luck to all the ladies in the 2ww!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy -- you already have a LO??? I didn't know that! I didn't do the IUI, but I did Femara (which is what some use when Clomid doesn't work), and then HCG trigger. So I don't know if I'll be any help, BUT I was going to go your route if mine didn't work. Does your RE have a set amount of times to try out IUI's? Hopefully you won't need more than one, but I know that's a discussion we had with ours. Hope you get AF soon!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Lanie|1312399811|2983322 said:
Lizzy -- you already have a LO??? I didn't know that! I didn't do the IUI, but I did Femara (which is what some use when Clomid doesn't work), and then HCG trigger. So I don't know if I'll be any help, BUT I was going to go your route if mine didn't work. Does your RE have a set amount of times to try out IUI's? Hopefully you won't need more than one, but I know that's a discussion we had with ours. Hope you get AF soon!!!

ha ha Lanie! Yes I have a 27 month old son! So I know I CAN DO IT!!!! I just need to do it already you know?!!! When you used the HCG trigger, were you advised to BD at certain times since you weren't doing IUI? I know there are a certain amount of cycles that my RE will allow me to use Clomid as it affects your lining and you could be right about IUI. Those are good questions for my next visit. How many cycles of femara with trigger did you do before you got pregnant? Do you remember how many follicles you had that released eggs?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results