shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Ally - Yes, I already had an ultrasound booked for July 2, that was to look at whether I had polycystic ovaries. So I just need to change the indication for the scan on the form (!) and we are all set. I asked my reprod gynae if I needed to move it earlier and he thought it was fine to leave it as it is, because if I'm only around the 5-6 week mark when I'm scanned they might not see a heartbeat and it would stress everyone out - so he thought best to wait for ~7 weeks. That said, we have no idea of my dates so I may be past that.

Missy - welcome! Beware of that first post-pill cycle... I was on the pill for 12 years, had long and irregular cycles for years before that, and then despite all indications that we would have trouble getting pregnant, here I am.

MP - thank you again. I know you've had a tough time with things recently and I hope I'm not making you feel worse. The timing of that appointment sounds pretty appropriate.

Megumi - thank you! How exciting that you will be TTC soon...

Fabcrab - thanks! I am hoping this sticks too.

LC - haha, we can abstain from drinking together... and try and hide it together, lol! I figure I will just tell my girlfriends that we are trying and that's why I'm not drinking.

NEL - ignore me with my medical words. I try to keep my work and my life separate but sometimes the vocabularies collide :lol:

Lizzy - no, no Clomid at all! I only got advice a week ago. I am such an idiot, in my enthusiasm to "get on top of things", I went out and bought $60 of Primolut and Clomid the day after we talked to our gynae friend, bought a thermometer too. So stupid that I was pregnant all that time :rolleyes:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Haha it's funny that you say that too pancake! I saw my cousin for the first time in almost a year and I told her my situation and the first thing she says after congratulations is "you're gonna get pregnant right away. As soon as I got off the pill we were pregnant" and my face went :o I've heard of it happening but never to someone that I knew personally, especially family!

Thanks for welcoming me girls! You all are so nice, funny, and honest! I've been reading for a few months now :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Good morning, ladies. Just wanted to inform you all that I'm doing my best to keep the BFP train rolling. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Pregnant1.jpg

Pregnant2.jpg

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG -NEL!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats NEL - guess your hubby's swimmers can get the job done even when he's asleep! :appl:

Congrats too to pancake and LC - so exciting you all will be able to go through this all together. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 9 months!! :appl:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats NEL!!!!!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Wooo hoo!!!! :appl:

Congrats NEL!!! Wow, so many BFPs! This is great!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

NEL!!! I came on here specifically to see if you tested! Congrats! And happy early Father's Day to your DH!!! So excited for you!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, ladies! I have to admit that I'm sort of in shock because I was not expecting a positive this early. Like, at all.

And I have no resolve whatsoever--as soon as I saw the faint second line last night, I ran over to D and said "OMG, is that a second line? OH. MY. GOD! D, you have to talk me off the ledge right now, I'm freaking out". It was sort of hysterical. D stayed up until 4 a.m. researching TTC and early results, haha. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to test again and was planning to let D sleep, but I kept giggling in the bathroom. Finally he said "Hon, I'm not going back to sleep, so you may as well share what you're giggling about."

We're both a little freaked out right now. It's so early that I'm afraid to assume anything. And it's scary. But exciting! It's going to take time to sink in.

I think I'm going to call the doc on Monday, but I'm lying about the start of my cycle. I'm not even going to try to explain my long cycle. I just want to talk with them about next steps.

My cramps continue. I never had implantation spotting, sore boobs, etc. Just the cramps and that one incident of heartburn, which could have just been heartburn. And I was congested last night, if that counts.

Okay, I'm off to enjoy my weekend!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

NEL: congrats...I admit thinking your symptoms were in your head, but you got it down, planning and all!! Woo hooo!! That's a strong BFP for so early on - twins? LOL - can't wait to hear how you tell DH. :appl:

SO many BFP's here I can't keep track..lurkers come out and then they announce BFP's, what a streak! Exciting summer over here, I admit to spending more time here than the preggo thread b/c it's so fun!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Yay NEL!!!!! Tons of sticky dust coming your way!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Wow NEL, congrats! :appl:

3 BPFs in 3 days, It's very exciting :))

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Wow NEL!!! THat's great news! If you got it on a digi, you're definitely pregnant. Congrats!!! Isn't it the best feeling in the world?!?!?!? :appl: :appl: :appl:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

NEL!!!!!!! OMG, OMG OMG OMG!!! SOOOO happy for you! Sticky sticky dust to you, hon!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: YOu and your DH are so cute!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats, NEL! :appl: Very excited for you and LC and Pancake! 3 new soon-to-be mommies!

Bought a CBE Digi OPK. No smileys yesterday or this morning. My FF chart predicts this weekend, though, so we are on day two of a streak. :bigsmile: Lots of green tea and baby carrot consumption, too.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

NEL!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: This thread is movin' and shakin'.

CONGRATULATIONS NEL!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

What a pregnancy boom around here!!! Keep the BFPs coming ladies!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Manne, what does green tea and baby carrots have to do with TTCing? I'm curious.. :)

~LC

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock

NEL - Congratulations!!! I got my BFP at 10DPO (with my IUI's, the doc was convinced it was lingering HCG from my trigger shot, but I had a feeling otherwise). Lots of bundled up winter babies coming up it seems. :)

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations NEL! So excited for you!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations Parrot, LC, and NEL!!!! I've been quietly routing you all on from the pregnancy thread and have been SO excited for you all. Seriously started crying when I saw your post this morning, NEL. I remember well how hard it is to be on the TTC train and I hope this BFP boom continues!!!!!

Sending good vibrations to everyone and sticky ones to those newly pregnant,
Mrs

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

NEL congrats! Its funny, when you were 8DPO and saying you wanted to test, I was thinking "Ah, go for it!" And you did!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Pancake, Stephb0lt, Missy, megumic, MP, Janine, Lizzy, HOT, Lanie, LC, Mannequin, puppmom, ally, PT, meresal, Mrs and Dreamer, thank you all so much. I'm so excited. And Dreamer, I wasn't going to admit to testing at 8dpo because I thought you'd all think I was nuts. But my cramps were getting worse last night and I just had to give it a shot. I'm really glad I did :)

Oh, and I've been using the Dollar Tree tests in addition to the Wondfos. The Wondfos seem more sensitve...I got a positive on the Wondfo last night, this morning and about 10 minutes ago. The Dollar Tree tests were negative last night and this morning, I just got a faint positive on that test 10 minutes ago. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a pregnancy test experiment.

Janine, my first thought was "holy crap, if I'm getting a positive at 8dpo, could I be having twins?!" I read, however, that initial hCG isn't higher if you're having twins, it takes a few days for twins hCP to outpace a singleton hCG. This brings me some comfort.

Mannequin, I'm hoping you get that smiley soon! Sounds like you're doing everything you need to do on your end to prepare!

Thanks again, ALL OF YOU, for being such an amazing group of girls. I started posting on this thread around September of last year or so, when I was still waiting outside of the pool. I'd lurked for over a year and was always impressed with what a supportive thread this was. I love that strangers can come together and cheer each other on when it's needed most...I feel like you're all my friends!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

**holds nose and shuts eyes**

Ok I'm jumping in!

Hi Ladies, my name is HOT and I would like to formally introduce myself. ::) I went off HBC last October and we have not been preventing. Last month we made the decision to start trying this month and I went to the doctor this week to have some blood tests and I mentioned that I had been off the pill for 7 months. He would like for us to try for another 6 months before he will refer us to a fertility clinic.

I nearly sent myself crazy last cycle with my self analyzing of symptoms so I think it's probably time to join you ladies. :cheeky:
I'm not monitoring or anything yet, just aiming for lots of BDing around O week. I'm not sure I want to get any more specific than that since we will more than likely need some assistance due to scarring on my tubes and past endo. So I'm just going to try and be happy With this for the next 6 months before I get our referral.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies a bit better instead of lurking from the sidelines like I have been for the last 7 months. :))

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

LC, green tea and baby carrots help with CF! They are supposed to help with quality and quantity.

HOT, welcome! :bigsmile:

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

NEL!!! Congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

LOVE those digi tests!! Nothing like seeing that big ol "PREGNANT" in text form!!!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock

NEL...YAY! Congrats!!! SO excited for you! I had/have the same thing as you with the bad cramps (and that's what prompted me to test too!). Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months!!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

HOT, welcome! Even though I have only been on this thread for a short time I really feel at home in this lovely community of ladies, so supportive :) Good luck with TTC and I hope you exit this thread for good reasons before the 6 months is up!

NEL - I had the cramps too but I just assumed that I was about to get AF. I still can't get over how stupid I was :roll:

Mannequin - thank you :)

Me... well, here I am having had my news for all of 2 days and it is gradually sinking in. I am by nature a sensible person and I am not at all a hypochondriac (honest!) but I am having a million tiny anxieties a day, lol! I had some cramps this morning and worried; I had some pink CM yesterday and worried; I feel well and really not at all different from usual, so I'm worried. I've just worked two 13-hour shifts in a row and also been on call over the weekend (and getting called every ~3 hours overnight) so I am totally knackered - so I'm worried. So silly!!! I really don't think I have any decent reason to be worried - it's just that my anxieties about TTC (which are well documented on this thread) seem to have transferred themselves to my BFP. Stupid!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

Congrats to you too Marlie! So sorry I didn't mention you in my response above!

Mrs

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Manne, that's really interesting about the baby carrots and green tea. I hope it helps. I think they also say Robutussin (spelling?) and Mucinex is supposed to help with it too. And drinking a ton-o-water.

HOT, I was wondering why you were hanging around out thread!!!! :Up_to_something: Didn't want to call you out on it though. So happy you're TTC now!!!! Hooray!!!

Monkey, I hope you're too busy BDing and that's why you've been not around on the thread! Have fun!

Told DH "Happy Fathers' Day." He was like, "Aw, you're right I didn't even think about that."

~LC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results