shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Congrats NEL!! I've been lurking for a while (9 months ish?) and silently cheering everyone on and I'm so happy for everyone who has gotten BFPs lately!

Missy0483|1308397049|2948896 said:
Haha it's funny that you say that too pancake! I saw my cousin for the first time in almost a year and I told her my situation and the first thing she says after congratulations is "you're gonna get pregnant right away. As soon as I got off the pill we were pregnant" and my face went :o I've heard of it happening but never to someone that I knew personally, especially family!

Thanks for welcoming me girls! You all are so nice, funny, and honest! I've been reading for a few months now :)
It happened for me like that. I had a preg scare (was still on HBC - ortho-lo) end of January. Period was a week late and lasted a day at best. We decided at that point that we could do it if I was preggo...but I wasn't. Since I was already late getting back on the pill (hadn't even gotten the new pack yet) I held off. Then we got 12 inches of snow (almost unheard of here in NM) and I put off getting the pill for another couple of days since I couldn't get up the driveway in any of our vehicles.

At that point we left it up to fate. No trying, but no preventing either.

Last period was February 14th. Apparently I have wonky cycles when I'm not on HBC.

Good luck ladies!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Wow-LC, NEL, and Pancake, CONGRATS!!!! I'm not super active on this thread right now, but I lurk and follow along:)

I leave Saturday to start my journey to our soon-to-be son in Ethiopia (business trip first) and meet DH there next week for our court date! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Once we're back in late August/September I'll try to follow along better on this thread:)

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Wow, congrats to all of the recent BFPs! What a nice turn of events. And welcome to the delurkers.

I'm on CD14 and got a positive OPK this morning...and confirmed it with a digi. Man, those things are so fun. It's really nice taking the guesswork out of reading the lines! Now, the million dollar question- how many days of smilies will I see this cycle? Anyone want to take a guess? Might as well get some entertainment out of it.

Once I'm through the surge (assuming it is similar to last month) I'll be calling my new OBGYN to make a pre-ttc appointment....and I'll be armed with pics and charts...cuz that's how I roll. Here are my June and May cycles:

June-

May-

june crop.jpg

may.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Oh, and for all of you asking how I can stand the cuteness of the puppies? Easily...I want my life back! I told my fiance that as soon as they are gone we are going somewhere for a night. I haven't been gone from my house for more than 9-10 hours since May 3.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, I can't remember when did you finally get your :)) in May? I think it'll be good to show this to your doctor in your pre-TTC appt. At least you'll get the long LH surge noted in your chart. And I know what you mean about wanting your life back regarding the puppies. I just had ONE puppy and I was tied to the house. I can't imagine 3 puppies! They are SUPER cute though!

~LC

amc80

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1308515577|2949650 said:
AMC, I can't remember when did you finally get your :)) in May? I think it'll be good to show this to your doctor in your pre-TTC appt. At least you'll get the long LH surge noted in your chart. And I know what you mean about wanting your life back regarding the puppies. I just had ONE puppy and I was tied to the house. I can't imagine 3 puppies! They are SUPER cute though!

~LC

I didn't use digis last month...but I'm guessing I would have gotten a + on CD 14-17 and maybe CD 18. I mean what if I have PCOS (which I think is unlikely) or what if I'm popping out a bunch of eggs every month and have been doing so for a long time and AM GOING TO RUN OUT(also unlikely)? Haha, these are the things that go through my mind.

Yeah the puppies are really REALLY cute when they are sleeping. When they are awake they "play" with each other which means they take turns biting as hard as possible which results in eardrum piercing squeels and barks. But I figure it's good practice for a newborn? Umm, probably minus the biting.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1308506807|2949587 said:
Congrats NEL!! I've been lurking for a while (9 months ish?) and silently cheering everyone on and I'm so happy for everyone who has gotten BFPs lately!

Haha it's funny that you say that too pancake! I saw my cousin for the first time in almost a year and I told her my situation and the first thing she says after congratulations is "you're gonna get pregnant right away. As soon as I got off the pill we were pregnant" and my face went :o I've heard of it happening but never to someone that I knew personally, especially family!

Thanks for welcoming me girls! You all are so nice, funny, and honest! I've been reading for a few months now :)
It happened for me like that. I had a preg scare (was still on HBC - ortho-lo) end of January. Period was a week late and lasted a day at best. We decided at that point that we could do it if I was preggo...but I wasn't. Since I was already late getting back on the pill (hadn't even gotten the new pack yet) I held off. Then we got 12 inches of snow (almost unheard of here in NM) and I put off getting the pill for another couple of days since I couldn't get up the driveway in any of our vehicles.

Last period was February 14th. Apparently I have wonky cycles when I'm not on HBC.

Good luck ladies!

Are we twins, Freke?

I had a wonky cycle while on Ocella (1 week late) BFN. Next cycle (although STILL on the pill) I was late again. BFP this time.

Its funny though - my last period was Feb 11, but I'm due after you. I guess I'm a late ovulator? (Who knows though - with the pill!)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Bella, I just wanted to tell you that I've been following your journey since your days in the TTC thread (before the 6+ months thread and the adoption thread) and I just wanted to tell you how excited I am for you. I think you are going to be the most amazing mother--you're so loving and patient and kind. I know the child you are adopting does not yet realize what amazing parents he will have. I'm thrilled for you!

Freke and Elle--I was really excited to see that you are both pregnant, I know you didn't really post on the TTC thread (since it happened quickly for both of you, which is great!), but I think you're posting in the preggo thread now and am eager to hear about your pregnancies!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

elledizzy5|1308523052|2949710 said:
FrekeChild|1308506807|2949587 said:

Good luck ladies!

Are we twins, Freke?

I had a wonky cycle while on Ocella (1 week late) BFN. Next cycle (although STILL on the pill) I was late again. BFP this time.

Its funny though - my last period was Feb 11, but I'm due after you. I guess I'm a late ovulator? (Who knows though - with the pill!)
Lol! Seems that way!

As for the periods, my cycles have always been really wonky (been on HBC since 16 because of it) and the entire cycle before the BFP was from January 31 to February 14. It's very likely that I ovulated February 24/25. When I'm not on HBC my complete cycles range from 14 days to about 8 weeks, and it's different every single time.

Which helps explain the absolute shock when I actually got a + when I P-edOAS. We NEVER EVER EVAR thought it'd happen that fast.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Things are not looking good for me. Brown-pink CM this afternoon and some cramps. Nothing happening at the moment but I can't help but think this is it. Devastated.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats NEL!!! All that BDing, how could it not have worked?! :appl: :appl:

And pancake... I'm hoping that it's just a little hiccup for you. I never got spotting, just a little pink and then bright red shortly after. I am hoping like crazy that your bean is sticky, but if not, I know exactly how you feel. Either way, we're here for you. Best wishes outgoing, and keep us posted. xoxo

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Katy, How was your Chicago weekend? Hope you had fun @ your concert.

Pancake, Hoping the pink/brown CM is just old blood. I think Dreamer and Blenheim had some spotting early on too. Do keep us posted. I'm thinking about you, dear.

AMC, well, I hope the digi OPKs give you a better idea of what's going on with your cycle. Newborns and puppies I think are not that dissimilar but you're right, newborns don't bite; and puppies are self sufficient much quicker than babies.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

~LC

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

pancake|1308559550|2949986 said:
Things are not looking good for me. Brown-pink CM this afternoon and some cramps. Nothing happening at the moment but I can't help but think this is it. Devastated.

Pancake, don't be devastated yet - this also can be completely normal. Early pregnancy is tough the first time around b/c normal symptoms can also mimic ones that indicate something is wrong. Do not drive yourself crazy and just contact your dr. and go in and see how it looks. It's just best to know in my opinion. I had spotting with # 1 and went in every week during those early months - probably drove my dr. crazy.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Pancake--I agree with Janine, don't be devastated yet. I definitely understand you're worry, but you can't assume anything at this stage. Did you call your doc this morning? I'm hoping since you're a pediatrician, you can just slip over to the lab and get the bloodwork done! I'm thinking lots of positive thoughts for you!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

Sticky vibes going out, pancake! I hope that it's just spotting.

Ran out of digis, and never saw any smileys. Wondfo OPKs are dark, but not instantly. It takes a while to come up, like the full five minute wait. Maybe I didn't catch my surge, or maybe I don't have enough LH to read well on the sticks? :confused: Off to drugstore for more CBEs.

Pancake: Awe sweeetie, I hope it's nothing. Brown spotting is old blood and I've heard that it's nothing to be concerned about. Hope you can get some lab work done to ease your mind. Sending some sticky thoughts your way!

HOT: Welcome!! Going crazy over-analyzing signs and symptoms, then you're definitely in the right place! I hope that I don't spread my POAS-itis to you bc it's costly and very very bad :nono: Look forward to getting to *know* you.

Mannequin: Can I abbreviate your name to MQ? :)) Did you ever get a positive or smiley this weekend? Hope you had a fun BD'ing weekend! :naughty: ETA: Saw that you just posted - sounds like you might be getting a positive this afternoon or evening! I usually get a fade-in pattern on my Wondfos and then I confirm with the smileys. When my test line starts coming up before the control line, then that's when I know I'll have a positive. Good luck and hope you're DH is ready for some more BD'ing!

Katy: Ditto LC - hope you had a fantastic trip! How are you feeling? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

AMC: Any more positives? I L'edOL at your runing out of eggs comment. But seriously, I would think that too if these long surges were indicative of the release of multiple eggs each cycle. Hopefully the dr can give you more clarification.

Monkey: How was the *spontaneous* BD'ing? :bigsmile: Hope you're in the TWW now!

Lizzy: Hope you're have a fun and relaxing vacation!

SBA: How are you? Would love to hear from you. You and I were in the same boat waiting for our positive OPK. I think you're meeting with a dr soon?

LC and NEL: I am so so so happy for your pregnancies but just a tiny bit sad that you won't be around here as much anymore since you ladies are so caring and supportive. I can't wait to follow your stories on the JBP and Pregnant threads! But definitely stay here until you're ready to go :bigsmile:

:wavey: to all the pregnant ladies - love it when you guys pop in with your experiences and stories :bigsmile:

AFM: I *might* be 5DPO. My temps are in the high 97s (above coverline of 97.59 - same as all my other cycles) but not as high as they usually are in the LP (low 98s) and I had a dip today to 97.66. This cycle has been such a roller coaster that I am so ready to get off and move on. I'm looking forward to the next cycle because I found a highly recommended acupuncture place near my house - so excited to try it! I'll try to pop in whenever I can but I'll be busy preparing for the trip and won't be back till end of next week. Have a good week ladies! :wavey:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Pancake- sending prayers and happy thoughts your way!

ally_ally|1308584151|2950189 said:
AMC: Any more positives? I L'edOL at your runing out of eggs comment. But seriously, I would think that too if these long surges were indicative of the release of multiple eggs each cycle. Hopefully the dr can give you more clarification.

Yep! Just this morning...also attaching my chart so far for this month. My temp was high this morning so I thought maybe I O'd and wouldn't see a positive this morning...but sure enough I did. It's also completely possible that the temp was a fluke since the @($#& puppies woke me up several times last night (I mean, I didn't actually get out of bed or anything, but they still interrupted my sleep).

june crop.jpg

june chart.JPG

AMC: It's very possible you O'd last night and catching the tail end of the surge today. That happened to me last cycle - got a positive at 9pm, next day a temp drop and other positive OPK, then temp rise the following day and a positive OPK that morning. These LH surges are tricky!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, I'm terrible with the LH surges, but I think I'm with Ally thinking you're on the tail end. And the wakefulness from last night might have something to do with it since I think it elevates the temperature.

Ally, I think acupuncture is great. If anything I got the best naps there. :) But I seriously think it helped with my cycles, and maybe even helped with the pregnancy. Who knows. But anyway, I hope you have a great trip. This is your trip to Hawaii right? JEALOUS! I woke up this morning to grey-black skies and a walk to work while it was raining. I hope you get BEAUTIFUL weather on your vacation.

Lizzy, when are you taking off for VT? I think this week right? Hope you enjoy yourself! SOunds like it'll be fantastic family trip. Are the grandparents going to watch your little man when you're in Boston?

I'll still be hanging around here 'cause you ladies are the best to talk to. I'm so excited that we're getting more TTC ladies joining the group.

Hi HOT and Missy hope you guys are doing well.

~LC

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Pancake, thinking of you. Anecdotally, my sister experienced spotting worse than what you described that sent her to the ER twice in early pregnancy, and my niece is 4 years old today. Dust coming your way for a sticky little one.

Ally, crossing my fingers for you this cycle. I know how annoying those fluctuating temps can be, but everyone keeps saying not to read too much into them as long as they’re over the coverline. Hope you have a fantastic trip! I’m SO jealous – I need a vacation!

Katy, hope you had a fun weekend. Have you managed to hold out on the testing! Eagle pose for you that you can jump on the train with a sticky BFP!

Mannequin, were your wondfos darker than the control line? When mine are negative, they are noticeably lighter than the control line even if they sit for a long time. Hopefully the CBE will give you clarity.

amc, keep temping and see what happens. Unless your night was really crazy or different from ordinary, you may have ovulated. That would be great news.

Hope you other newly pregnant ladies are all doing well! So excited for you all and hoping to join you sometime soon God willing!

Welcome to all of the new ladies and de-lurkers (HOT, Missy, and anyone else I missed). I’m glad to see some of you dipping your toe in because so many of our regulars are leaving us (but for the best reason possible).

AFM, we did get some spontaneous BDing in this weekend, but I do not think I ovulated yet because I usually get sore BBs for a couple of days when I do. Hopefully we’ll get some more BD’ing in this week, so we at least have a shot this month. DH had me digging trenches and doing other yard work all weekend, so it helped keep my mind of TTC for a bit. But then I broke down last night after seeing a friend’s baby shower invite and learning another of my cousins is pregnant. DH understood why I was down, but he is more optimistic than me and thinks I’m being hasty assuming something is wrong with us. I hope he’s right.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Monkey, sounds like your DH is trying to keep you positive. I hope you listen to him. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. Wow digging trenches... You're so much nicer than I am. I'd tell him to find someone else to help him. But I'm a brat. I know you're not temping or OPKing, and I'm glad you didn't break down this weekend. Hope you're doing well otherwise.

Manne or MQ, I hope you get some more CBEs. It's always nice to see those :))s

~LC

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

I just got a =) on my CBE! I feel so accomplished, LOL. I didn't have one to try this morning, so I just did a side by side test with my Wondfos. Surge confirmed! BD last night, great timing.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Mannequin|1308596090|2950349 said:
I just got a =) on my CBE! I feel so accomplished, LOL.

I feel the same way! Not that I did anything at all to make a smiley face...other than peeing on a stick. But I get sort of proud of my little happy faces :)

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

AMC - Big ditto, hahaha.

Forgot to attach my photo proof!
IMG_3146.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

amc, it would be much easier if your chart and the OPKs would cooperate all the time, wouldn't it? My surges weren't as long as yours, but I did get a positive on my OPK the morning I ovulated. I'd test again tonight just to see what happens.

MP, it sounds like you had a very productive weekend! At least you have clues for your O, so you're not completely in the dark :) Even if you didn't O this weekend, it seems like it should be coming soon, so the weekend BD sessions could have helped. I'd just try not to go more than a few days without BDing, that way you know your bases are covered :)

MQ, congrats on the smiley!

Ally, you are such a sweetie. I'm so attached to this thread, it's hard to think about not posting anymore :( I want to be respectful of the TTCers (I can understand if it was frustrating for women who've gotten their BFPs to hang around), but I love you all! And I wouldn't worry too much about the temps. My coverline was lower this cycle, too. And two days (4dpo and again at 6dpo) my temp dipped to just above the cover line. I think as long as you stay above this cycle's coverline, you're still safe. I am most certainly rooting for you and Katy and everybody else in the 2WW--sounds like amc, MQ and (unofficially) MP will be joining soon!

I wonder what happened to sba?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

NewEnglandLady|1308597942|2950379 said:
amc, it would be much easier if your chart and the OPKs would cooperate all the time, wouldn't it? My surges weren't as long as yours, but I did get a positive on my OPK the morning I ovulated. I'd test again tonight just to see what happens.

I know, right? I will trust the OPKs over temping since so many things can affect your temp. At this point I don't actually care when I ovulate, so long as I have a temp shift to indicate that I am doing so. My doc will probably think I'm a freak when I walk in with all of these pictures and charts. I'm expecting at least another + tomorrow since I haven't felt any O-pains yet and I get them every month. I guess I'll find out tomorrow...also curious to see if my temp stays up or if it was just a fluke.

amc80|1308597112|2950366 said:
Mannequin|1308596090|2950349 said:
I just got a =) on my CBE! I feel so accomplished, LOL.

I feel the same way! Not that I did anything at all to make a smiley face...other than peeing on a stick. But I get sort of proud of my little happy faces :)

Same here! CBE was really smart in designing the test to give you a smiley face - gives you that hope that you'll get pregnant after seeing it ;))

LC: Yes, it's the trip to HawaiI. Thank you for the beautiful weather wishes! I hope we'll have great weather there. I should double check the weather forecast there. Hopefully the weather in your area will clear up and give you some beautiful sunny skies!

Monkey: Thanks! I'm really excited about the trip. I can't wait to see my daughter's reaction of going to the beach for the first time! You should definitely plan a vacation! It really does help the mind and body to relax - even if it's just for a short getaway. Yay for spontaneous BD'ing! I'm so happy to hear about how supportive your DH has been. And gosh, he is so lucky that you helped dig trenches! I'm with LC, I'd tell him to do it himself or find someone else to help out.

NEL: Thank you for the reassurance about the temps! I'm just afraid that I haven't really O'd since I haven't reached the magical 98 temp mark which for me confirms ovulation. I'm starting to question my BBT bc it's the same one I used 2 years ago and maybe it's starting to die on me - my temps fluctuates but keep going back to 97.66 - weird. I test it at other times of the day and it does change though. I'll just get a new one for the next cycle.

Question about the Wondfo HPT: is there usually an evap line where the test line is suppose to be? Since I have so many of the wondfo HPTs lying around, I went, WTH, why not. I'm only 5DPO so I'm not putting any hope into it at all. Actually I feel like LC in that I have no hope this cycle even though timing was good bc I want a fresh start with a new cycle :))

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Hi LC and Monkey! :wavey:

No "crazy" symptoms from coming off BC yet...hopefully that doesn't happen! May 25th was my last pill (not counting the sugar pills, but they don't have hormones right?) Only thing I've noticed is being more tired than usual and a few headaches here and there. Anyway, I never had normal cycles before BC because I got my first AF when I was about 16 and started BC when I was 17. So we shall see! I'm actually kinda scared to see what a "real" period is like again! haha.I ordered some Wondfo OPKs, should be coming today or tomorrow and the TCOYF book should be arriving soon also!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for all your supportive words, ladies. Things have settled - there was that one episode of dark/old bloodstained CM, and a little watery brown stuff afterwards, but nothing since then. I'm having bloods done today and hopefully I'll know later in the afternoon. The long and the short is that it could well go either way... finding it so anxiety-provoking. No pelvic cramps, just some upper abdominal discomfort around the time it happened. I think I just need to stop trying to read I to my symptoms and wait and see.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pancake, I just wanted to let you know that I had both brown and pinkish spotting from about week 5 through week 11. Generally, unless there is bright red blood and severe cramping (usually worse than a period), then you don't need to worry. I know you will anyway, but I thought it might reassure you that tons of women have brown/pink spotting in the first tri. Sticky dust for you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results