The Official TTC Thread!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

A line is a line!!!!!! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

LC don't get a digi yet they are really insensitive!! Get First Response Early Result! Easy to read, very very accurate early on. Digi won't be difinitive!!

Ooooooh that would be exciting.

Janine and Erica are really proof though that you should not time things too carefully. All the tests and chartign and temping we do... its all only an estimate! Every woman's body is a little bit different. I think the true "window" is about 0 - 7 to 0 + 3 if you really want to sover all the bases. Trying to get at least 2-3 sessions in during that broader window could mean a lot!

Or if you are crazy, ya know, every day in there :twirl:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

OK ladies, I held my First Pee At Work until I hit CVS. I bought 2 brands, CBE (digital) and First Response (digital).

CBE = Pregnant
FR = No -

And since I was peeing in a cup anyway, I did another Wondofo --> No line.

SOOOO.... I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning. Here's the pics of the digi's.

IMAG0160.jpg

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock

LC - that CBE digital is picking up something to make it say pregnant.

I bet tomorrow morning with FMU you will get positives on all the tests. There was definitely a line on that first wondfo.

Excited for you!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Anhui!!!! My CBE CAME UP + when the FRER was not conclusive!! It says pregnant! I can see why you're cautious, but hopefully tomorrow proves it put!! Careful congrats to you my friend!!! :appl:

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

congrats lliang - clearblue is pretty reliable to me (it's what I used to confirm with both pg's). Sure take more tests tomorrow, but you are preggo girl, woopee!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh, LC, I know it's early, but you're pregnant. The tests tomorrow morning are just going to confirm what the CBE has told you. Eeeeeeee! I love these stories when the woman thinks she's out and then gets great news!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

YAY YAY YAY LC! You have now had two BFPs! The CBE must just be more sensitive than the others. I know you're being cautious, but I'm so excited for you my friend. It couldn't have happened to a sweeter person! Doing an eagle pose for a sticky bean!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock

LC - Let's go with the Clear Blue test! I got my positive with the Clear Blue at 10DPO (granted, I was on injectibles with an HCG trigger, but that positive never went away). Yippee!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, just saw my post!!! Stupid iPhone autocorrect! Yayyyy LC!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

NEL, DD, Monkey, Brown, Parrot, Katy, Janine, Octavia, LV, Charbie (anyone else I missed): Thanks you guys! I'm going to stay cautious and try testing on THURSDAY, not tomorrow (Weds). I have acupuncture tomorrow, so I will tell them I'm overdue on my period. Maybe they have some extra special poking for that...? Anyway, you guys are the best and I'm really happy to have you guys. I wrote back to my DH and told him about the positive and negative test results. He said (roughly), "Wow, talk about confusing. I guess we'll just be patient." I promised him I'll test on Thursday and I won't inform him via email. Is it bad that it's my preferred method of communication????

But I feel like I've been hogging the thread all morning...

NEL, I'm doing an eagle pose for you for some fast passing 2WW!!!

Ally, did you get some action in on your :)) ? I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of your :)) I never got one. In fact I hate CBEs because they keep telling me I'm a Zero. (Half kidding)

Monkey, Hoping the job hunt goes well for you!!!!! I'm sending job hunting dust.

~LC

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, LC! I know, we aren't supposed to say anything...um, so congrats on anything that may or may not be going on in your life :)

I'm on CD9 and those damn OPKs are looking all bright and cheery. Already. Not positive, but way to dark for O -6. At least I'll have two months of weirdness to show my new OB/GYN when I see her. That reminds me, I should probably make an appointment.

Question for you gals- I know it really depends on the doctor, but do you think a doc would be willing to run some bloodwork on me? I mean if I go in there with 2 cycle's worth of OPK pics with the high LH levels and 4-5 days of positives? Or do you think she would just say "well you haven't even TTC yet, so do that and see that happens"? The reviews I've read/heard have all said she's amazing, but I know some docs are more proactive than others...

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Well LC....you got some hcg somewhere up in there :) Thursday is a good plan...you have the patience of a saint...

And I love the email exchange. If your DH is anything like mine, he's giving you a great front and freaking out inside! Sticky dust just in case.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1308066486|2945586 said:
OK ladies, I held my First Pee At Work until I hit CVS. I bought 2 brands, CBE (digital) and First Response (digital).

CBE = Pregnant
FR = No -

SOOOO.... I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning. Here's the pics of the digi's.

Your eggo is preggo!

My FRER was so faint I thought it was in my head... but CBE digi was for sure, preggo!

Congrats, LC!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

OMG Elle, LOVE the Eggo!!! How are you feeling BTW, I keep checking up on you Preggo ladies :)

LC: I'm cautiously optimistic for you!!! But that is a BFP my dear! YAY! And I love your emails to your DH. LOL

NEL: I'm hoping you're next to get on the BFP train. It's so exciting around here! Do whatever you can ton stay busy, read a book, take a walk, anything or if you're desperate, housework :lol: The weekend will be here before you know it!

AMC: It wouldn't hurt to ask your doc. I haven't brought up any sort of prelim testing with my doc yet, so I hope some of the other ladies can chime in with any experience they have.

ETA: Yes, we've started our BD marathon :naughty: I'm waiting for a temp rise so we can stop because I'm tired :cheeky:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, I'd at least bring the subject up with the doc. It definitely is odd that you're getting such long LH surges. It might peak her interest, or she might just wait until you guys start TTC. But either way, she'll have it in her records that you noticed this behavior.

~LC

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

LC there is no such thing as a false positive on tests like that, and you have had 2 positives ;)) Negatives mean nothing, tests vary in their sensitivity. So really, there is no inconclusiveness here ::)

But on Thursday it should be difinitive, if you prefer to hold off on accepting the inevitable :tongue:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

amc, I meant to chime in on this in my last post, but caught up in my excitement for LC :) I definitely agree with LC and Ally--I don't see any harm in talking with your doc about it. You can ask about testing and even if she says "not yet" then at least you can put a plan together with her. I always find that having a "next step" puts my mind at ease.

ally, hopefully after your little marathon, your temp rises tomorrow and you can join Katy (and possibly sba?) and me over in the 2WW where you bite your nails, google "early pregnancy symptoms" and periodically poke at your boobs whilst sitting at your desk because you are kee-razy. Or is that just me?

ETA: Ally, did you have a dip at all this morning?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

OMG OMG OMG LC OMG OMG OMG!!!! Woo Hoo lady!!!! :appl: Your pregnant!!!!!!!

I just stopped in briefly and I saw this! So excited for you!

Ladies, I will write more tonight or tomorrow after my new RE appt. My DH is traveling for work so I don't have as much time to catch up. I hope you are all doing well! Talk soon!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock

Just popping in to say LC, that is exactly what happened to me when I got my +!!! Right down to the same tests!! FR gave me a no, CB said Pregnant at 12 DPO and I had a fainter line than yours on my internet cheapie. I am now 12w3d. :bigsmile:

lliang_chi|1308066486|2945586 said:

CBE = Pregnant
FR = No -

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer, MissJax thanks for chiming in.

I think I'm feeling OK with believing this. I tried a Wondofo in the afternoon, and it came out negative. I chug water during the work, so no big surprise. I'm going to try another Wondofo tomorrow AM (FMU), and call my OB for an appt. By the time I finally came around to the idea, the office was closed.

Lizzy, I"m SOOO excited to hear about your appt with the new RE!!!!

Ally, it's hilarious that you say you're tired already. I'm sure your DH doesn't mind ;)) Hoping you O soon.

NEL, SBA, Katy, hope your 2WWs are doing alright.

I'll let you guys know how my acupuncture appt goes tomorrow, too.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

LC, I just wanted to thank you for giving me the most exciting train ride to work this morning that I have had in a long time! :cheeky: the pages wouldn't load... I kept losing the Internet connection... But I finally got to the end and just wanted to give you a :appl: because it looks very promising!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

LC No rush to the OB, really you don't need to see one until later on unless you want to! If you go in too soon, they will just use an internet cheapie to "confirm pregancy" anyways! Enjoy the fun and anticipation of the next few days!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

LC: The CBE detects a much smaller amount of HCG than some of the other tests. That is what I used to get my BFP. I feel pretty confident in congratulating you!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

NEL - you're not alone!! Ahaha. This is my internal monologue right now:

"ooh! I farted! Am I gassy? I think I'm gassy! And I'm sooo tired. Am I *pregnant tired* or just bored tired? Hmmm I have to pee again?! Well, I am drinking lots of water today. But don't I usually?? Nah, no way am I actually pregnant. But I wish I was!! How many days now til AF is due??? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

And then they cart me straight to the loony bin ;))

NewEnglandLady|1308075609|2945776 said:
ally, hopefully after your little marathon, your temp rises tomorrow and you can join Katy (and possibly sba?) and me over in the 2WW where you bite your nails, google "early pregnancy symptoms" and periodically poke at your boobs whilst sitting at your desk because you are kee-razy. Or is that just me?

ETA: Ally, did you have a dip at all this morning?

Haha, I've been doing this the last few days wondering if I'd O'd yet. You're definitely not alone my dear :bigsmile: I finally got my temp dip today so I hope I'll be O'ing today.

LC: I'm interested in hearing about your acupuncture session today. And that is some will power you have for resisting to test! Re: dr appt, I got a urine and blood test done at my GP's office (about 18DPO), and once betas confirmed pregnancy, I made appt with OB and had an ultrasound at 8w.

Katy: LOL. come join me and NEL in crazy-town :bigsmile:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

LC, wishing you lots of luck with accupuncture today--tell the person you need whatever therapy will make your uterus most sticky!

Katy, did we O the same day? I can't remember and am too lazy to go back and check, but I know we were within a day of each other. Are you 6DPO as well? I seriously laughed out loud at your thought process because I go through the exact same thing. Especially the water issue--I've been making myself drink a ton of water for the last couple of weeks, so I can't tell if I'm thirstier/peeing more.

Ally, today is the day! FINALLY! Even though it took four surges for you to O this cycle, the good news is that your timing will be very, very good! That means that after today, you can relax while we all do LC's eagle poses for you.

Lizzy, I'm thinking of you and your new RE! sba, where've you been? MP, how are you doing?

AFM, I want to state for the record that I promised myself I wouldn't be the type to overanalyze early pregnancy symptoms because I've always felt that a.) the vast majority of women do not get them and b.) those who do are probably just overanalyzing "normal" things. In fact, last cycle, when I thought there was a decent chance of being knocked up, I didn't analyze anything in the 2WW because I didn't feel anything.

That said, I have to share a story about being on the 2WW Crazy Train. And yes, it involves my poor husband.

Yesterday I had bad heartburn. It was more than mild, even. And I think I've had heartburn maybe twice in my life? So I sort of freaked out and called D at work. I said "Honey, I have heartburn". He said "I'm sorry, NEL, do you have any tums at your desk?". I sort of got frustrated and said "No, you don't understand. I have HEART (pause) BURN!!". At this point he was completely confused and said "I don't get it, does that mean something else?" I said "No. Forget it. I'm just getting my hopes up" and hung up before I exposed my neurotic side even more.

When he got home he asked what my cryptic call was all about and I told him...and he replied that I probably just had heartburn. Fair enough.

So then why did I make sure to wear white underwear today that way I could check for implantation spotting? Because I'm insane.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

I am 6DPO as well!! To the best of my knowledge, anyway :))

Ahaha OMG lady, you crack me up. I can't rely on heartburn since I get it pretty often but OMG IS IT WORSE THIS WEEK?!?!?

Is it next week yet??? Argh. ;(

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

NEL: that's hilarious. I'm sure DH's think TTC'ing (and pregnant) wives are insane. Mine is not so clued in either. When I was early pg and feeling nauseous I told him and he said "yea me too, there's a bug going around". I told him mine's been going on for weeks - he said "yea me too." Good thing I'm not the needy type!

Lliang: how are you doing today?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results