carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Hi ladies!!! Happy Friday! Woo hoo!

NEL, I'm thinking the stress you guys are going through with Byron is probably the cause of your wonky cycles. I'm really happy to hear he's doing better. Aw, so cute that he loves the water!!! My pup loves swimming too! There's doggie beach in Chicago that we take her to during the summer. DH LOVES taking her there. But she gets SOO tired but refuses to stop chasing her toy. I really want to put a life vest on her so she can keep swimming and not exhaust herself but DH *refuses* to be caught dead with a dog wearing a doggie life vest. Poopy DH! Ha ha! I'm glad D is getting more comfortable with the idea of pulling the goalie. It seems like he likes the idea of having a back pocket, even if he doesn't use it. Sounds like he's a cautious type of person. Y'know the kind that would make great dads. Aw!!!!

Brown, too cute you freely admit your lack of self control. Don't sweat it, we're all like that. Ha ha! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you, we need some BFP 'round here! :) Dust to you!!!! I think it's a good idea to wait till AF is late. So now you got the early test all out of your system, you can wait for AF (or lack of AF, which is what I'm hoping for). *~*~*dust, dust, dust *~*~* for you!!!

Monkey, Booo for poopy coworkers. Most of my immediate coworkers are great, but there are some that I keep asking, "So...what do you do again?" 'cause I totally don't see them doing any work. They just kinda "assign" work to other people. I mean, I can see my manager or director assigning work, but y'know you're NOT that important and yeah, you do have to do this nitty gritty stuff. They so must be MBAs ( no offense to the MBAs in the crowd. Just the ones here are not big on actually pitching in and doing work ). I'm so sorry that this person has caused so much stress. I hope you and your DH can have a good conversation about it. HUGS to you my friend!!!! You and your DH totally deserve to be happy. You're a fabulous lady!

Katy, couch to 5K programs are AWESOME! Go you! And 5Ks are such a fun distance to run. I just started running again (the weather FINALLY got warm, you're in WI so you must be able to relate). I did a 3 mile run on Sunday with the pup and my legs were SORE SORE SORE the next few days. I chose not to stretch, kinda forgetting that I'm not a young'un anymore... Boo! Youth is wasted on the young. (j/k)

Lizzy, *~*~*dust, dust, dust *~*~* for you, too

This weekend we're going to hit a photography exhibit. Vivan Maier (recently discovered posthumously) was a Chicago street photographer. I'm really excited to see this. DH is going to go too! Hooray! Then I get a haircut, and pup gets a hair cut!! THEN I think i'm going to work on my office/future-nursery. I just call it an the office so DH doesn't freak out about the "N" word. Funny boys!!!

Take care ladies!

~LC

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Brown_eyes, I would have broken down, too :) Like Monkeyprincess said, it is early and besides, the test gave you extra motivation to wait until AF is late, so that's not such a bad thing. Sometimes you just have to get it out of your system!

Monkeyprincess, I completely understand getting pulled one direction by work and another by TTC. I know you can't be happy about the prospect of working with this person for at least 9 months, but on the other hand the thought of pushing back TTC isn't so appealing, either. I feel for you!

LC, sounds like a fun weekend ahead of you! I hope you enjoy the exhibit! And I'm getting my hair cut this weekend, too! I'm actually thinking of getting a pixie cut. I laughed while reading that your DH doesn't want the dog wearing a life vest, haha. Our dog park is in a bay and I occasionally see dogs sporting the life vest...it's pretty cute. Have fun working in the "office" this weekend! I wish I could work on the nursery, too, but the paint stripping solution hasn't arrived so I'm just waiting for that.

Quick update from me--I actually finished painting the nursery already. I decided to work from home today because I had intended to spend most of the day in meetings with our Philadelphia office (I'm transitioning accounts and my work is going to the Philly office). The person in Philly had something come up, though, which left me with about 4 hours of free time. So I painted. And it went really fast. I still have to tackle the wall of wood (not pictured), but I'm glad the rest is done. I don't know how I feel about the color, but if I don't love it at least I know I can paint over it in a few hours!

beforeandafter.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Oh my NEL! I really like the color! It's very kid-friendly and can lend itself to either gender. It's totally up to you, but maybe you can do something fun the eaves ceiling/wall. Y'know put a mural or wall decals or something. I think it'd be super fun. I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks doggie life vests are cute!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Ladies, I tested this morning and I got a BFP!!!!!!! Yay, that my body ovulated and sperm found egg!!!! :appl: :bigsmile:

I really could use any and all sticky dust you got! Please send it my way. Now the anxious part of my pregnancy begins. The Dr. wanted me to wait to test on Tuesday so I will wait till then, take one more test to confirm, then I will be off for bloodwork on that day.

Thanks for the support ladies!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy!!! CONGRATULATIONS :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm sending you tons of sticky dust.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy!!! I confess that I logged into PS today to see if you'd tested today :) And I'm so excited for your BFP!!! I am sending you super duper duper sticky dust. Times 1,000.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Yay Lizzy!!! So happy for you. Positive and sticky thoughts coming your way!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

Lizzy, sticky dust coming your way!!! congrats hun!

Sending fertile vibrations to everyone here too!

Mrs

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy darling! So happy for you!!! ~*~*~*~* SUPER STICKY BEAN DUST *~*~*~*~ And just in case (DUST, DUST, DUST, DUST)

Hooray! SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~LC

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending you a whole sticky DUST STORM!!!!!!!!!!!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats Lizzy!!! So happy for you. I'm sending you tons of sticky dust!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

That is awesome Lizzy!!! :appl: :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: congrats Lizzie!!!!

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock

:appl: :appl: yay Lizzie!! :appl: :appl: Sending super sticky dust your way!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, still so excited for you. Hope you are feeling cautiously optimistic!

Brown, how are you doing? Have you managed to hold off the testing? Still crossing my fingers for you!

NEL, the paint looks great in that room from what I can tell. Have you decided whether you like it?

LC, did you get your painted started in your "office"? Have you started your marathon yet?

AFM, nothing new. We decided we are going to keep TTC. I'm going to try to suck it up at work and limit my contact with that passive aggressive partner as much as possible because I just can't bear the idea of stopping and waiting for an indefinite period of time. Still waiting on a positive OPK and need to get in more BD'ing.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Monkey, browneyes, bella, skippy, inhisarms, katy, and LC, Mrs, NE, and Ladyblue - Thank you all so much for the sticky dust and the congratulations. I'll take all the sticky dust I can get!!!!

NE, you are too sweet checking in just to see my test result! I really like the color of that nursery of yours! Great work! A friend of mine got a bedding set from Land of Nod and she did her walls the same color!

LC, how did the double date haircut go?! Any work on the nursery/office yet?

Monkey, I totally agree to just keep TTC. I think that it will actually be a great distraction from the annoying person at work. It will give you something to look forward to!

Browneyes, have you tested again? Any new news??

AFM, I am 14dpo. My BB's are sore, my back hurts, I am tired, and I am soooo thirsty. I am also having very vivid dreams which is kind of weird because generally I don't dream much. Tomorrow, I will test again at home, then I am off for blood work for a beta to be drawn. I am thinking sticky sticky sticky thoughts on this one!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lizzy wonderful news! I know you have had some early losses, but one good thing is that you fall pregnanct nice and quickly! :bigsmile: Remind me, hon, how far along were you with your early losses? I want to keep up with you and celebrate when you pass the "scary time"!! STICKY for SURE!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1301962984|2887894 said:
Lizzy wonderful news! I know you have had some early losses, but one good thing is that you fall pregnanct nice and quickly! :bigsmile: Remind me, hon, how far along were you with your early losses? I want to keep up with you and celebrate when you pass the "scary time"!! STICKY for SURE!!

Hi Dreamer, great to "see" you!!! I saw your most recent belly pic and you look great!!!

Two of my early losses were at at 5.5 weeks and one was at 6 weeks. The good news here is that now that I am working with an RE, they are planning on having me come in for early ultrasounds weekly as soon as we get a couple betas drawn and everything looks like it is moving forward. So that is comforting to me as I feel like I will be able to see progress along the way. I am using the progesterone suppositories again but the RE had me start using them 3 days after ovulation as opposed to after I got a positive HPT like my OB had me doing, so I am hopeful this change will do the trick!

lili

Ideal_Rock

Congrats Lizzy! :appl: :appl:
That's so great you can get pregnant so easily.
Lots of sticky dust to you.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

lizzyann -- I just lurk this forum, but wanted to say a huge congrats to you!

NEL -- I have that same color in my nursery! It's great and goes with a lot of bedding colors. Looks great!

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock

Hello lovely ladies!

No new news here, but I appreciate the positive thoughts! My cabinet is empty of tests so it's a little easier to hold off. Today is CD29, 14DPO. I have a feeling I will be getting a visit from AF in the next day or so. I will give her until Friday, before I test. This is my first natural cycle off HBC, so I have no idea how long it will be.

Lizzy, I will be thinking of you alot in the coming weeks. Hopefully the extra monitoring from your RE as well as the earlier progesterone will make that little bean super sticky.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

So I got another BFP this morning which makes me feel good! I was so anxious waiting the three minutes to see the result. First blood work to be drawn today. I'll keep you all posted.

Sending fertility dust to all you ladies TTC!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

LizzyAnn, good luck with the blood draw today (I hate needles, but at least this would be one of the more exciting reasons to get blood drawn). I'm so glad there is a plan in place this time from the RE--anything to increase your chances of a successful pregnancy sounds like a good plan to me! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Brown_eyes, it's not over until AF arrives, but even if you aren't pregnant, I'm sure it will be nice to get an idea of how long your cycles might be since this is your first month off of BC. I'm still hoping you'll be a jerkstore!

Lanie, glad to hear that the color works with bedding options. I don't think I've seen a pic of your nursery (now I'll go and try to find one), but Anderson is absolutely adorable!

MonkeyPrincess, I am holding off until I get the paint stripped off the wood to make any final decision. I like it so far, though. If I decide to repaint, it will only take a few hours.

LC, how did your "office" work go this weekend? And do you like your haircut. I ended up getting a pixie cut and am still getting used to it.

AFM...still waiting on AF! I'm on CD42 now, blah! I had a bit of spotting yesterday, so I'm just hoping AF arrives today. My last cycle was 43 days, so it's possible that my cycles are 40+ days now. I do think stress is a factor, but if I have two 43-day cycles in a row, that's just too coincidental. I'm buying TCOYF today, which I probably should have read months ago.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, congrats on your second positive test! I hope your blood test results give you even more reassurance. Here's to the next few weeks flying by! So fun to finally have a positive around here. I hope it’s contagious.

NEL, I hope CD1 gets here soon! So frustrating that we can’t all just work like clockwork. At least you have your nursery project to distract you. I thought TCOYF was really informative. The only bad thing is that I have been fretting about everything little thing that might be wrong with me since reading it, but it's probably just me being a worrier.

Brown, thinking of you. I know you tested earlier, but you have been very patient not to test again. I hope I can be as patient as you next time around. Still holding out hope for you! But if not, it is only your first month off the pill, so don’t be discouraged.

So, I have a totally TMI question for you all. When did you start to have noticeable CM after stopping BC? Mine has been very scant the past two months, and I definitely have not noticed any EWCM. I’ve been drinking water like crazy this cycle, but still nothing. I vaguely remember having EWCM before going on the pill, so I hope it returns. Otherwise, the only indicator I have that anything is happening are the OPKs, and I still haven't had a positive this cycle. I thought it was getting slightly darker, but it faded again. Hopefully soon.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Sounds like most of us are doing a lot of waiting right now for +OPKs, +HPTs, AF, blood tests. At least all the waiting will eventually be worth it!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Re: EWCM after HBC. I'm on my 3rd cycle off HBC and I still haven't seen anything like EWCM. I think maybe it's being unfamiliar with what it looks like. Mrs. Dreamer said it looks like snot. I haven't seen any snot, or if I did, it was a scant amount. I do see/recognize a the lotion-type CM but that's it. I think maybe the watery and/or EWCM will take a while to get a hang of? Just my thoughts...

Lizzy, Bloodwork and extra monitoring is a plus. I'm hoping the extra few days of Prog. suppositories will help. Still sending dust to you. What did you DH say? You never told us.

Monkey, I'm glad you're staying on the TTC train. And I hope things turn around with your pesky partner/coworker. I had a situation like that but it was my BOSS and the mgmt. It was rough, rough, rough, so I can totally empathize.

Brown, I'm hoping you get a BFP :) Good call on not having anymore tests, so of a forced self-control, which isn't really self-control. Ha ha. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

NEL, with everything going with Byron for you guys, it's a long standing stressful situation. From reading TYCOF, it said that under stress etc, you body might hold off O'ing, which causes your cycles to stretch out. Pixie cut! FABULOUS! I loved having a pixie cut, it was sassy (in a good way). But DH didn't like it so much, which is why I've been growing it out.

My "office" painting/redecorating didn't happen this weekend. :( I need to box up more books, and then photoshop the concept of overhead bookshelves for DH so he can "see" it. Then I can get rid of the stupid giant bookshelf in that room. I don't plan on telling him WHY I want to get rid of it (I'm so devious).

Haircut, it was fun. Sis got a "touch up" of the awesome rockstar haircut she got a few months ago. I told my friend I wanted a cool looking haircut, so she framed my face with layers and gave me some bangs. It's fun and different. DH liked it. I like it, but sometimes I think I look meh.

Started using OPKs, so far just O's, no =) yet. But DH and I have been doing an every-other marathon. We'll see if we bump up to the every-day style. Feel free not to answer, but for you, is TTC-BDing just "gettin' business done" or do you take the effort to make it an enjoyable experience? I dunno I'd hate for it to be "all business" but I think it'd require too much effort to make it "all fun", y'know? Especially when it comes to the marathons that have been so successful for some of this thread's graduates. Like I dunno how up DH would be for a marathon because it'll be "too much work". I mean, I'm sure he'd like it, but he also really likes sleep. And let's face it, BDing = fun for guys, but needs more work for it to be fun for us ladies.

~LC

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

In terms of EWCM, I only had it the first month I was off BC. That was what? 9 months ago? And I haven't seen it since. The only way I know if I'm Oing is OPKs...and also, my sex drive increases.

In terms of TTC being business vs. pleasure, I haven't been trying long enough to tell. We're a few-times-a-week couple, so if it got to the point where we were BDing every day for a week or more, I think we'd both get a little tired. I'm going to try to keep it as fun and natural as possible as I can. By the way, LC, I'm sending some positive OPK vibes your way, but hoping you're enjoying the marathon regardless!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one struggling with the CM. I guess birth control can sometimes temporarily damage your ability to produce it, so I’m hoping that is my issue. I just worry because the research I have done suggests it is more difficult to conceive without it.

As far as BD’ing, we’ve had mixed results. I hate to admit it, but I’ve definitely had more of a “let’s get it over with” mentality since we started trying, but only when it is around O time. Other times, we’ve managed to keep it pretty normal. We too are a few times a week kind of couple, and I think DH feels more pressure when it is not spontaneous or his idea or he thinks that I only want to do it to get pregnant.

LC, hopefully we'll both get our positive OPKs this week!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

My CF did not return to normal until my third cycle off BCP (soo stopped taking pills, got my "period" [which is not a real period, but annovulatory bleeding], then got my first normal period, then fertility returned). I found checking internally the easiest way to check it, since it is easiest to assess the consistency that way. I have written descriptions of the internal check before in here somewhere, if anyone wants to go back and look for it. Lots of women get pregnanct without ever really noticing their CF. You have to really get comfortable poking around inside to really get a feel for it (haha).

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Ill share an interpretation of how Dreamer explained to capture CF. :tongue: :devil:
Reach up in there with your middle finger + thumb and sort of pinch your cervix. Pull the fluid from there, and see what it looks like. If you can stretch it between the two fingers, you've more than likely got some EWCM. It took me a few cycles to figure it out for sure, but internally checking was the best way to be sure.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

charbie|1302045282|2888698 said:
Ill share an interpretation of how Dreamer explained to capture CF. :tongue: :devil:
Reach up in there with your middle finger + thumb and sort of pinch your cervix. Pull the fluid from there, and see what it looks like. If you can stretch it between the two fingers, you've more than likely got some EWCM. It took me a few cycles to figure it out for sure, but internally checking was the best way to be sure.

haha... I find using your pointer and middle fingers to do the pinching was easier for me, with a little swirl around the cervix before the pinch to sort of "catch it". Easiest sitting on the toilet and "bearing down" to help move the cervix down! Some kegels before hand can help too as it will push the CF closer to the outside too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results