clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 11:48:06 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Hey everyone! I think I have a problem.
26.gif
When I see some kind of pregnancy test I just want to take it- even when I totally have no way of being pregnant.
31.gif
I have only taken one, though. It satisfied the urge. I''m super excited about the pre-seed, and can''t wait until we get to try it out!

Now that bb has changed her avatar, looks like we''re the TTC/Dog lovers thread!
We need to add some people-babies to our furbabies!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that bb has changed her avatar, looks like we''re the TTC/Dog lovers thread!

Yup! We have two furbabies too, but they are just so big that I don''t think their two heads would fit in my avatar.
1.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lisa, just wanted to say I''m glad to hear about the follicle ready togo! I am also happy that you have a plan now and have gotten to see the R.E. I hope the BD''ing went well!

DD I know you are probably kind of past the implantation bleeding by now but I meant to chime in earlier and say that a similar thing happened to me last month and I posted it on here too. I was so moody and AF was late and then I had the tiniest spotting for a full day. I convinced DH that I was preggers but then AF came the next day. Soooo confusing.

Ebree I hope the 2ww is quick! Good luck!

Amber I was going to order the pre-seed but never got around to it. I was scared to use KY but I think we did anyway. Can''t exactly remember.

I got my two beta hcgs done and they were good. It was a rough couple of days though for a worrywart like me. I feel relieved now, though and am just gonna relax darnit! I am going for a massage today.
Hope everyone is doing well!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Pave - how do you keep up on these boards? You must have a formula. Thanks for the good luck.
Both DH and I realize that BD is sometimes hard when its "on demand" as they say. There is so much pressure this week b/c of big follicle.
Today is last of actual useful BD. Anything else is , well, just for fun.
emsmilep.gif

Ebree - many thanks for the good vibes sent my way. Everything helps.

DD - "must have sex" yes this was the mantra through the night driving like a maniac with that goal in mind........sex on demand is strange.
There were a few times he didn''t know if he could *TMI ALERT* you know finish.......

BB - thanks for the encouragement. I just signed up for FF and don''t get most of it either.

Snlee - as always I appreciate the positive vibes, you guys will be the first to know!

Amber - yeah, was cool to see the follicle. He measured it and was able to predict ovulation. I asked "so when are we supposed to do it?"
real articulate, I know. He said he gave me a 4 day window and that sex on Thurs. should be good. We did it way more than that though!
And then there I was *TMI ALERT* legs in the air for 1/2 hour on a pillow and then layed on my lft side. (ovary w/ follicle) for another 15 mins.

Sorry if I missed anyone.......Here''s to BFP''s all around!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
pave Our bodies really are mysterious. My experience was just AF. Last month I didn''t pay any attention to my AF, since we weren''t yet TTC, but in retrospect it seems that my flow this cycle was basically idenitical to my flow last cycle: 3 days and very light.

neatfreak your ring is of course amazing and looks wonderful in your avatar, but I fit 2 furbabies in mine, you can too!
2.gif
Maybe you can just post a quick pic?? I love furbabies and don''t think I have seen yours anywhere...

lisa hope this one hits the jackpot! Things are working in your favor since you have such good evidence of O''ing. If not this month though, you must feel really good to have an optimistic doc with a plan!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 2:16:48 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
neatfreak your ring is of course amazing and looks wonderful in your avatar, but I fit 2 furbabies in mine, you can too!
2.gif
Maybe you can just post a quick pic?? I love furbabies and don''t think I have seen yours anywhere...

Hehe, you may have fit yours but mine are a LOT bigger than yours! Here is our older boy, Teddy:

P100014134534.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is Franklin, our resident snuggle bug (and my favorite but don't tell Teddy! He's DH's favorite at least.):

P101033845345.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That one of Teddy is small, here is a better one:

IMG_11546456456.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
neatfreak your puppies are disgustingly cute, are they labradoodles, or goldendoodles? They looks like poodle crosses to me... With all of us having such cute furbabies, how will our future human babies ever compete?
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 2:27:48 PM
neatfreak your puppies are disgustingly cute, are they labradoodles, or goldendoodles? They looks like poodle crosses to me... With all of us having such cute furbabies, how will our future human babies ever compete?
9.gif

The human babies are sure going to have a hard time for sure! Franklin is a goldendoodle and Teddy is a labradoodle. My DH said today "You know, with this Bugaboo stroller, our labradoodle and goldendoodle, and coffee in hand, we will be the complete picture of yuppies at the farmers market". And I was like "No we aren't! I bought the stroller on ebay and both doodles are rescue dogs!! AND our coffee is from the local place down the street!". DH didn't believe me, hehe. Oh well.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 2:46:34 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/3/2008 2:27:48 PM
9.gif

The human babies are sure going to have a hard time for sure! Franklin is a goldendoodle and Teddy is a labradoodle. My DH said today ''You know, with this Bugaboo stroller, our labradoodle and goldendoodle, and coffee in hand, we will be the complete picture of yuppies at the farmers market''. And I was like ''No we aren''t! I bought the stroller on ebay and both doodles are rescue dogs!! AND our coffee is from the local place down the street!''. DH didn''t believe me, hehe. Oh well.
Hahah... you are totally going over to the dark side!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak, LOVE the pups! It''s hilarious to my dad that we have a mini dachshund, as I was raised with a bullmastiff and a lab, both huge dogs. Now I can have my own dog, and we choose to get a tiny dachshund! I also love the names, Woofie''s full name is Woofus, because my husband refused to name our dog anything human.
11.gif
I think human names for animals are fantastic, though.

TTC news: nothing.
2.gif
Getting used to temping, anticipating next week''s fertile fest 2008. Giving the hubs a break until then! My basal takes FOREVER to give me my temp, and I can''t tell you how much it sucks to wake up every day @ 6:10am, which is my normal M-F schedule.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! I think I have a problem.
26.gif
When I see some kind of pregnancy test I just want to take it- even when I totally have no way of being pregnant.
31.gif
I have only taken one, though. It satisfied the urge. I''m super excited about the pre-seed, and can''t wait until we get to try it out!

Seriously...too funny! Actually, my old avatar was also our pup, Harry - I just updated his pic. I thought it was time to post some of his other model shots.
2.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 3:42:21 PM
I also wanted to tell you guys that my pre-seed came in! It seems to be a pretty quick delivery! Now... use them now or save them up for the fertile days!
9.gif
Oooh...I can''t wait wait to see how it works for you AW!

Just a quick update...still temping (CD 8 - 2nd cycle). I had gone for a pre-conception exam two weeks ago and had a blood test to check my progesterone levels which came back normal. On Friday, I went back for a vaginal sonogram to check for cysts, etc. which was necessary with the history of endometriosis in my family and thankfully all was A-OK!

Whew...what a relief that was for me considering my mom discovered she had endomitriosis (with absolutely no symptoms) after trying to have children for 7 years before becoming pregnant w/ my siister
23.gif
)

Anyway, my doc gave me the green light to TTC in July!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 10:33:09 PM
Neatfreak, LOVE the pups! It's hilarious to my dad that we have a mini dachshund, as I was raised with a bullmastiff and a lab, both huge dogs. Now I can have my own dog, and we choose to get a tiny dachshund! I also love the names, Woofie's full name is Woofus, because my husband refused to name our dog anything human.
11.gif
I think human names for animals are fantastic, though.

TTC news: nothing.
2.gif
Getting used to temping, anticipating next week's fertile fest 2008. Giving the hubs a break until then! My basal takes FOREVER to give me my temp, and I can't tell you how much it sucks to wake up every day @ 6:10am, which is my normal M-F schedule.
LOL!!! I'm gonna use that one! hahahaaa

ETA: Amber can I see your doggy too? I
30.gif
dachshunds...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yay for the great news, BB!! I can't wait to see how the pre-seed works out. I'm starting to get excited. Ooops, I mean, sex is great usually, anyway.
9.gif
I didn't say any of that. hehehe.

DD, As soon as I get to my work computer, I'll post a picture of woofie, I'm a loser who can't figure out how to from the hub's mac!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 2:14:36 AM
Yay for the great news, BB!! I can't wait to see how the pre-seed works out. I'm starting to get excited. Ooops, I mean, sex is great usually, anyway.
9.gif
I didn't say any of that. hehehe.

DD, As soon as I get to my work computer, I'll post a picture of woofie, I'm a loser who can't figure out how to from the hub's mac!
Ditto to the yah!! for great news BB! That's reassuring I'm sure.

Amber, is this your first month TTC? I'm glad yiour excited, that's the way it should be!

It's my second month, and after last month didn't work out I'm feeling a little "mad" at sex right now! Like it let me down. I'm gonna have to get over that, but I have another 5 days before our "fertility fest II" starts so I guess I'll need to get excited again!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, it''s kind of our first month with charting, OPKs and all that good stuff, but overall our second. The first month it was kinda like, "If it happens without any additional help, that''s cool." Right now I''m watching Baby Story, and this woman is going all new-wave, no meds, a water birth, hypobirthing, and MAN, she''s just grabbing at her husband and it''s hilarious. And slightly terrifying.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 1:15:19 PM
Dreamer, it''s kind of our first month with charting, OPKs and all that good stuff, but overall our second. The first month it was kinda like, ''If it happens without any additional help, that''s cool.'' Right now I''m watching Baby Story, and this woman is going all new-wave, no meds, a water birth, hypobirthing, and MAN, she''s just grabbing at her husband and it''s hilarious. And slightly terrifying.
LOL... I try to never watch those shows because you can''t predict your own experience from other peoples, some people are troopers, some people are drama queens, who knows what we will be, right?

Actually, when we do get preggers (knock wood) I''m planning a home birth with a midwife (2 actually attend the birth) so I guess that makes me a little crazy
2.gif
! I was born at home too, as were many of my friends, and many of my friends also used midwives recently, so I guess people just do whatever is "normal" to them, and that seems normal to me. We only live about 2 minutes from the hospital, which makes DH feel better about the whole thing. When my mom had me 30 years ago in Scotland, it was a very remote area and when she went into labour the midwife called the hospital and the helicopter was put on standby in case anything emergent happened! Nothing happened, but I think it''s funny the chopper was on call!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, it''s so funny because I was a hospital birth, but that''s only because my parents had a home birth w/o meds with my brother, and my poor mum was in labor for 72 hours. When my brother was finally born, he almost died, as he had been in trouble for days.
7.gif

So, my parents decided to do a major hospital birth with me, to avoid any problems. I''m not against anything home-birth, or things like that at all, hope it didn''t seem that way! It''s probably because I''m asthmatic, and have a ton of other issues that I know it would be safer for me to be in a hospital. Perhaps what happened with my brother colored my views a bit.

Now for me, I''m a super wimp, and pass out from major pain. I''m really afraid of how I''ll react in labor.

Other news: my OPK strip had a very very faint line below the control line. Sucks because they said it was a negative. Does anyone know how early they show a positive reading when your ovulation is supposed to be in 3 days or so?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 4:24:17 PM
DD, it''s so funny because I was a hospital birth, but that''s only because my parents had a home birth w/o meds with my brother, and my poor mum was in labor for 72 hours. When my brother was finally born, he almost died, as he had been in trouble for days.
7.gif

So, my parents decided to do a major hospital birth with me, to avoid any problems. I''m not against anything home-birth, or things like that at all, hope it didn''t seem that way! It''s probably because I''m asthmatic, and have a ton of other issues that I know it would be safer for me to be in a hospital. Perhaps what happened with my brother colored my views a bit.

Now for me, I''m a super wimp, and pass out from major pain. I''m really afraid of how I''ll react in labor.

Other news: my OPK strip had a very very faint line below the control line. Sucks because they said it was a negative. Does anyone know how early they show a positive reading when your ovulation is supposed to be in 3 days or so?

You know Amber, I''m not sure, but I DO know that many people say the OPK''s didn''t work well/weren''t accurate for them. So if you suspect it''s that time (and CM seems to be the easiest way to tell for many people), then BD even if the OPK is "negative".

My friend used OPK''s for almost a year unsuccessfully, then finally decided to temp and monitor her CM instead, and that month they got pregnant! So she''s convinced that the OPK didn''t work for her, and others say the same things online...so if you''re intent on making a baby this month, measure everything you can!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Neatfreak! I''m very suspicious of these things, so I''m glad to know I''m not alone in thinking that way.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 4:24:17 PM
7.gif

Wow that sounds liek quite an ordeal for your mum, I''m glad it turned out ok! I totally didn''t think you were being negative, no worries. That''s the benefit of living this century, we have choices that we can make about how we want to have our kids. And if you are worried about the pain, then take advantage of all the modern methods of managing it, lots of women do and there''s no shame in that! Better to choose the option that makes you feel the most comfortable and the least anxious than choose an option that you think is what you are "supposed" to do. Thats exactly why I want to have a home birth, because it makes me feel the most comfortbale, and for the same reasons you can choose a hospital birth! Either way, I think women do the best job in labor if they are feeling secure and are in an environment where they feel safe and supported.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
My husband just came down with a sinus infection, mere hours away from my fertile-fest May. He is the worst when he gets sick. Tonight I''m making him some chicken soup with the hopes that he''ll be up for some baby making. And really, that he''ll be well for Disneyland on Monday!
3.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Amber, sorry to hear your dh is sick right before the fertile fest! Here''s hoping you can get him feeling better!!

BB glad to hear that the pre conception exam went well!

Hope everyone is doing great. I am going to try to attach a pic of my furbaby- lucy . she is a corgi/daschund mix supposedly. A cutie but she can be a devil too. ah forget it I have to resize it. I will try later. see ya!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Pave, I can''t even imagine how cute that must be! Paul (my H) really wants a corgi next. He''s got this thing for small, short and long dogs!

Here''s a bigger shot of my Av:

pswoofiebaby.JPG

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
And for DD, here is another shot of him. His nose was scraped trying to bury a bone under the couch. In the back you can see the shrapnel from a bear he tore up.

pswoofiesquint.JPG

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

That''s interesting about the OPK''s not working for everyone...mine worked for me last month, but it seems as if I ovulated on CD 19 which seemed kinda late. Lets see if it changes this month. I''m assuming ovulation days change from month to month.

AW - so jealous you are going to Disneyland - how jealous am i???

Awe...I love all the pics of the furbabies!!! I had to join in on the fun! Here''s our 1-year old yorkie Harry - this used to be my avatar.

Harry00003.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Here he is the first day we brought him home!
5.gif

Harry000001.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 10:12:28 AM
My husband just came down with a sinus infection, mere hours away from my fertile-fest May. He is the worst when he gets sick. Tonight I''m making him some chicken soup with the hopes that he''ll be up for some baby making. And really, that he''ll be well for Disneyland on Monday!
3.gif
Amber, if he is anything like my hubby, just use your feminine wiles and he will forget about his illness asap! And Disneyland! How awesome!!

All the furbabies are just too too cute. Do you think when the real babies start coming around that your feelings for your puppies will change? DH and I talk about this a lot, because we are really obsessed with our dogs at the moment.

On other news, I have been temping for the last 5 days and it is really interesting to see a pattern develop! My temps have been all within 0.1 degree celcius, around 36.4. I guess that means that when the thermal shift occurrs I should expect to see temps around 36.8. Who knew temperatures could be so fun! I told my friend all about it and now she wants to go off the pill so that she can temp for a few months and learn about her cycle before they start TTC in the new year! haha... my friends and I are all big nerds, we love any opportunity to collect data!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results