carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2008 3:49:49 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Question: if your husband was feeling really really crappy, and you are fertile Tuesday through Friday, but will probably Ovulate on Friday, but your poor husband will only relent to having sex once (he''s REALLY sick), which day would you do it? Hypothetical? Not at all.
9.gif
LOL! I''d choose Thursday as well. I hope your DH feels better soon!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Snlee, Thursday it is- hopefully there will be more, but he is just such a child when he''s sick. Funny since he WORKS with children!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thanks BB, Neatfreak, and Amber for your advice with FF! So they have a free chart available? I'd better go check out the site again. I looked at it a few months ago and had a difficult time feeling comfortable finding my way around and understanding it. I had also started the email lessons about ovulation or something, but I figured it would be a while before I started TTC so I felt silly signing up with FF just then. But I guess it's getting to be about time! 2-1/2weeks and I'll be off BC!
36.gif
It sounds like we're all learning about this temping thing together, I'm sure I'll have more questions for you when I start.

Ebree both of your doggies are too cute
1.gif

Amber, Disneyland with the hubby is the best. I hope he is feeling better so you can go and have fun! I hope he feels better soon and I hope you can get some personal time with him for, you know what. Is there a particular time of day when he is feeling better? Sometimes when you're sick you feel better in the morning or sometimes it's at the end of the day. Take advantage of that too!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2008 1:18:22 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 5/6/2008 1:05:38 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Doc told us to lay on left side - where follicle was for 15 minutes (I guess to aid gravity?)

We got pregnant last time doing this so I have been doing this and the shoulder stands as well hehehhe......

The sperm can make it to the egg in 30 minutes of ejaculation so why not help em'' out?

Most die quickly (not so good morphology or motility) but many go single file through cervical mucus (like ants) towards the egg.

The strongest make it up there in no time! Not to mention the few that are already hanging out from previous BD episodes!
Wow, it all sounds so gross!
26.gif
DD you crack me up!

With all the previous AF trilogy *TMI* I figured you of all people would understand the sperms plight
39.gif
emcry.gif
face14.gif

Yeah, sperm is kinda gross.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 12:00:49 PM

Doc told us to lay on left side - where follicle was for 15 minutes (I guess to aid gravity?)

We got pregnant last time doing this so I have been doing this and the shoulder stands as well hehehhe......

The sperm can make it to the egg in 30 minutes of ejaculation so why not help em'' out?

Most die quickly (not so good morphology or motility) but many go single file through cervical mucus (like ants) towards the egg.

The strongest make it up there in no time! Not to mention the few that are already hanging out from previous BD episodes!
26.gif
DD you crack me up!

With all the previous AF trilogy *TMI* I figured you of all people would understand the sperms plight
39.gif
emcry.gif
face14.gif

LOL! Especially when you describe them as ants going single file to the egg!

When I was TTC, I actually imagined this playing out a few times, hoping it was really happening!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hey snlee I got that language from the book "How to get Pregnant" and the author actually said,

sperm are like "army ants waiting single file to penetrate the CM and make their way to the egg."

Sounds violent or warlike.
11.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Anyone ever see that animated short about the sperm and the feminist egg? It was hilarious. I''ll see if it''s on youtube or something.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Can''t find it. But I did find this one which is kind of cool too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqwwu2btSwI

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 1:35:52 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Anyone ever see that animated short about the sperm and the feminist egg? It was hilarious. I''ll see if it''s on youtube or something.

No! But I am SO INTERESTED in seeing it Indy! Sounds like a hoot.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone. I must say, for me, knowing all these things about what happens when you ovulate aren''t helping. My temp spiked today, two days before ovulation. I just end up confusing myself, as the BBT says I''m not fertile, but the CM does.
7.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 1:43:41 PM
Hey everyone. I must say, for me, knowing all these things about what happens when you ovulate aren''t helping. My temp spiked today, two days before ovulation. I just end up confusing myself, as the BBT says I''m not fertile, but the CM does.
7.gif
Take heart amber! Just keep on BD''ing and you will be fine! I scrolled through a bunch on the charts of FF the other day, and there were lots of women who got preggers on there with wierd temps, wierd ovulation times, or cross-hairs that didn''t match up with their actual dates of getting preggers (can you actually get a positive pregnancy test 3 DPO??)... anyways, the charting stuff is nice, but it also interfere''s with the simple process of boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, get drunk, then boy''s killer-ant sperm invate her vajayjay and attack her egg. It is such a beautiful process!
25.gif

I vote for trusting the CM, it is a very clear signal. The temps may not make sense until you have a few months and can get a feel for your pattern.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 12:00:49 PM

The sperm can make it to the egg in 30 minutes of ejaculation so why not help em' out?

26.gif
DD you crack me up!

39.gif
emcry.gif
face14.gif

Something about being invaded by ants seems to cross over my comfort zone and give me the creepy-crawlies! Plus the word "sperm" is really not attractive, am I the only one who thinks so??

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 12:45:05 PM
Hey snlee I got that language from the book 'How to get Pregnant' and the author actually said,

sperm are like 'army ants waiting single file to penetrate the CM and make their way to the egg.'

Sounds violent or warlike.
11.gif
I have read some feminist stuff that says this is a very patriarchal view of conception. You could also say that the egg is a siren using her CM to draw the sperm towards her, like using cooked bacon to draw your hubby away from the TV... and then the egg uses her gravitational pull to suck the sperm inside her.

Honestly, neither way of thinking about it makes me feel particularly sexy.
20.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
I agree with dd, trust the CM. I actually didn''t do temping and just went by my CM. It worked for me! Is your DH feeling any better?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DD, it's just so easy to get frustrated, ya know? I'm such an impatient brat when it comes to babies. It's like DH and I finally decide to go ahead and procreate, and it's not happening immediately??!!
20.gif
Trust me, I am so much more patient with babies and children.

ETA: Snlee! Sorry, I posted while you were. Thanks for the kind advice. My husband is actually feeling worse.
7.gif
Poor guy. He's just miserable, and we're hoping this upcoming weekend will give him a nice rest.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone. I must say, for me, knowing all these things about what happens when you ovulate aren't helping. My temp spiked today, two days before ovulation. I just end up confusing myself, as the BBT says I'm not fertile, but the CM does.
7.gif

How do you know that it was 2 days before ovulation? The temp spike is usually an excellent indicator that you have already ovulated. I'm confused?

Not to mention the fact that everyone has different CM. Some people don't even get EWCM. So before you jump to conclusions about your CM, you need to know what your body normally does.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:07:55 PM
Thanks DD, it''s just so easy to get frustrated, ya know? I''m such an impatient brat when it comes to babies. It''s like DH and I finally decide to go ahead and procreate, and it''s not happening immediately??!!
20.gif
Trust me, I am so much more patient with babies and children.
I think we are all the same way. One of my best friends has a 2 year old, and when she was TTC, after AF came for the second time, she came in my office and sat down and burst into tears, saying, "What''s wrong with me? Why can''t I get pregnant!" I assured her that 2 months was NOT a long time, and that it would happen, she just had to be patient! Well, sure enough, she got preggers the next month!

I felt really annoyed when it didn''t happen my first month, but now I am trying to keep in mind that it may take a while, and I am trying to look at it like a marathon, not a sprint. But I totally know what you mean, it is hard not to worry and think about it too much.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:12:41 PM
Author: neatfreak

7.gif

How do you know that it was 2 days before ovulation? The temp spike is usually an excellent indicator that you have already ovulated. I''m confused?

Not to mention the fact that everyone has different CM. Some people don''t even get EWCM. So before you jump to conclusions about your CM, you need to know what your body normally does.
Good question NF! Amber, do you mean you had a one day spike? If your temp stays elevated for three days then it means you ovulated earlier than you thought... better BD now just in case!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

I agree it''s all so very confusing and differs from woman to woman. I think temping makes you go nuts trying to figure all the signs what everything means...on the other hand, I continue to do it in order to see what''s going on down there.

33.gif

Sorry to repost, but I was wondering if anyone had less than 10 days in their luteal phase...as I mentioned earlier, this is only my 2nd cycle temping (CD12), but I was read that your luteal phase doesn''t really change that much from month to month (maybe a day or two). So, should I approach my Dr. about this after charting it for two cycles? I really want to deal w/ this before I go on my trip in July. I know it''s treatable, but your body can''t hold a pregnancy if you have less than 10 days in the LP.
6.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys! NF: I finally got the positive OPK results, so I''m figuring it should be now or in the next few days. My temps went down for three days, and now another spike up this am. Nothing has changed, same time each morning, no new meds or anything, no sickness. I''ve had watery CM for about two days, and this morning, it''s EWCM (which was pleasant to see), but perhaps my temp is correct? I dunno. Too much conflicting information. I''m currently on CD11, with AF due to arrive 5.24 (if it goes according to my past cycles.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:25:40 PM
Author: blushingbride

I agree it''s all so very confusing and differs from woman to woman. I think temping makes you go nuts trying to figure all the signs what everything means...on the other hand, I continue to do it in order to see what''s going on down there.

33.gif

Sorry to repost, but I was wondering if anyone had less than 10 days in their luteal phase...as I mentioned earlier, this is only my 2nd cycle temping (CD12), but I was read that your luteal phase doesn''t really change that much from month to month (maybe a day or two). So, should I approach my Dr. about this after charting it for two cycles? I really want to deal w/ this before I go on my trip in July. I know it''s treatable, but your body can''t hold a pregnancy if you have less than 10 days in the LP.
6.gif

BB, I saw your post earlier, sorry not to have replied! I dont know what to say... but I bet the doctor will tell you to temp for a while longer and then come back if it continues
23.gif
I can''t see them doing any testing so soon, but if it is bothering you, then talk to the doctor! No harm in that!

Even though the luteal phase doens''t typically change much, I wonder if you will find yours does now esp. since you only recently went off the pill (Right??). Can''t there be one wonky phase every once in a while? Or maybe your O-day was wrong that month? Temping and CM isn''t an exact science, and error can happen.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:37:33 PM
Hey guys! NF: I finally got the positive OPK results, so I''m figuring it should be now or in the next few days. My temps went down for three days, and now another spike up this am. Nothing has changed, same time each morning, no new meds or anything, no sickness. I''ve had watery CM for about two days, and this morning, it''s EWCM (which was pleasant to see), but perhaps my temp is correct? I dunno. Too much conflicting information. I''m currently on CD11, with AF due to arrive 5.24 (if it goes according to my past cycles.
When you say "spikes" etc, what type of variance are you talking about?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, let's see... Sun: 97.46, Mon. 97.28, Tues. 96.84, Today, 97.70. Maybe that's not a spike? It looks like a spike!

ETA: Guess I'll really see when I see my temps in the next few days!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:37:33 PM
Hey guys! NF: I finally got the positive OPK results, so I'm figuring it should be now or in the next few days. My temps went down for three days, and now another spike up this am. Nothing has changed, same time each morning, no new meds or anything, no sickness. I've had watery CM for about two days, and this morning, it's EWCM (which was pleasant to see), but perhaps my temp is correct? I dunno. Too much conflicting information. I'm currently on CD11, with AF due to arrive 5.24 (if it goes according to my past cycles.

So is it still up above your coverline? Temps can spike and ebb even after you ovulate, but should usually be at a consistently higher level than before O. Sounds to me like you might have O'd a few days before you thought you would. As I mentioned before, OPKs are notoriously unreliable for some women...so just be cautious and use it with your body's own signals.

ETA: Could or could not be a spike...but it doesn't necessarily seem like it to me. It will probably shoot into the 98's when it does spike IMO...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you look at mine the month we conceived, my temp climbed up before O, then after O it was erratic, but always above the coverline. But everyone is different!

Neatchart.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:40:36 PM

Date: 5/7/2008 2:25:40 PM
Author: blushingbride

33.gif

6.gif

BB, I saw your post earlier, sorry not to have replied! I dont know what to say... but I bet the doctor will tell you to temp for a while longer and then come back if it continues
23.gif
I can''t see them doing any testing so soon, but if it is bothering you, then talk to the doctor! No harm in that!

Even though the luteal phase doens''t typically change much, I wonder if you will find yours does now esp. since you only recently went off the pill (Right??). Can''t there be one wonky phase every once in a while? Or maybe your O-day was wrong that month? Temping and CM isn''t an exact science, and error can happen.
Thanks DD - I''m going to see what happens this cycle and then call them if it''s the same. I''m not wasting my time TTC if it won''t even stick because of a short luteal phase. Geez...so very frustrating...
7.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the chart, NF. And can I tell you that I grin when I see the + on people''s charts? It just makes me happy.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 3:04:03 PM
Thanks for the chart, NF. And can I tell you that I grin when I see the + on people''s charts? It just makes me happy.

Me too! And you will get yours soon. I know it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:50:27 PM
DD, let's see... Sun: 97.46, Mon. 97.28, Tues. 96.84, Today, 97.70. Maybe that's not a spike? It looks like a spike!

ETA: Guess I'll really see when I see my temps in the next few days!
Amber I don't think those are spikes, I think that is variance around your lower end. The average range for BBTs is 97.0-97.7 before ovulation and 97.7-99.0 after ovulation. Your "spikes" are just error variance around your lower end probably!

Mine for the last few days were (in celcius): 36.4, 36.4, 36.6, 36.3, 36.5, and 36.4. So there is variance even pre-O. You'll just see that pre-O you are varying where you are, around 97.3 (average of your BBTs) and then post-O you will vary around a slightly higher value, but there may still be overlap in your pre-O to post-O temps, esp. if you have some odd-ball highs or lows.

You can only confirm ovulation when you have 3 days of temps higher than the previous 6 days of temps (unless you have an odd-ball high in those previous 6 days). So relax and keep it up. You need more data before you can draw any conclusions girlfriend!

ETA: If you temps for the last two days are in fact higher than usual, it means you ovulated like 3 days ago, is that even possible? Three elevated temps comes AFTER you ovulate.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I just want to warn you guys- I''m a psycho. I''m a hypochondriac (which isn''t helped by my serious lifetime of horrible medical conditions) who has wanted to be a mother since she was 12. So I want to apologize in advance for any and all pathetic, whiny, and mopey posts. I really appreciate all your advice and camaraderie!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results