shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congrats blushing!!! sending tons of sticky dust ur way..

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Blushing!!! Such wonderful news!! I''m very happy for you and your DH!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I am having another weird month. I am on CD33, no AF. I have taken 4 tests total, all negative. Three different brands, one was a digi. It is so nutty. Previously, my cycles were 28 days on average, shortest 26 and longest 29 (recorded over only 5 months). Last month was 31 days and I was totally sure I was pregnant!! Now, it''s 33 days! Also, I had some thermometer malfunctions this month, so I have a very poor temp record, again.
7.gif
My temp was 97.7 this a.m.

Ok, here is my somewhat nutty question - is it possible that I am somehow willing myself to not have AF for as long as possible???

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I have another question -- is this normal? To have a 26 day cycle one month and a 31 day cycle 8 months later (and now possibly a 33 or more -- why are those tests all negative?!?!)? It seems like a big discrepancy. I haven't used birth control pills for over 5 years, and even then, it was only for two months maybe before I realized I could not handle the side effects, so that's not my issue.

Should I talk to someone about this? My regular gynecologist (who does not do obstetrics and who seemed relatively uninterested in my fertility type questions the last time I was there)??

Sorry that I freak out every month (well for two months now, anyway), and I rarely contribute to this thread otherwise. I hope that doesn't make me seem like this:
41.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 3:24:34 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted
Blushing- congrats congrats congrats!!! I''m so happy for you. This thread needed some good news!!!!
Thanks Tiffany!! I''m rooting for you and hope that you get a sticky BFP soon!!
36.gif
You''ve always been such a great shoulder to lean on and chime in with some very helpful advice/knowledge when it''s needed.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 4:33:24 PM
Author: littlelysser
OMG BLUSHING!!!!!!

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!

(i''m in tears over here - so happy for you!!!!!!)

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Little!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! Your personality always shines through in your posts and we needed a good laugh around here every now and again. Plus, who can forget your infamous "feh" on this board.
2.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 10:41:26 AM
Author: EBree
A MILLION congratulations, Blushing!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I am so incredibly HAPPY for you!
36.gif
Thank you Ebree - I can''t believe your due in exactly ONE month!!!
26.gif
36.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 5:44:39 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
BLUSHING!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I''m so, so, so, so very excited for you, girl!!!

I am praying many blessings to your growing family, sweetie!! So very happy for you. I cried when I saw the lines. Aww... you''re going to be a wonderful mother!!

I hear you on the bittersweet thing... I know I''ll feel the same way when my time comes. And I feel it a little each time one us leaves, too. Like you''re watching a friend move on, but it''s always good to know that they''re only a thread away! And I''m sure you''ll come back to visit us.
2.gif

Thank you so much for not only starting this thread, but for being such a support to each of us. We''ll miss you, but are so very glad to see you moving on!!!!

Prayers to you!!!
9.gif
Fisher - your support for me and everyone on this thread has been TREMENDOUS!!!! This thread is like a sorority to me and it is hard to move on, but I will always be around to cheer you on. I pray that this bean sticks - I had my blood test this morning and should get my results this afternoon. I also pray that each and every one of you has the chance to see those same two lines! I have a really good feeling about you and I know that your time will come VERY soon. Stay positive (as always).
35.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 7:30:17 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
I havent checked the thread and then i see all the CONGRATS for BLUSHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

im sooooo excited for u lady...im smling beyond belief right now!!!! hon i wish u a wonderful easy and joyful pregnancy and a healthy little bundle of joy!

YAAYYAAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
9.gif
NYC!!!!!!!!! I know - it''s so unbelievable to me right now. I really pray that I have a sticky bean - fingers crossed for me! I went to CRMI this morning for a bloodtest to confirm everything and will hear back from them today. Will they recommend a doctor for me at that point - what''s the next step? And then again, I will just continue to go to my RE for paps, etc. as she will be my OBGYN. I ask this because it''s weird since I''ve only seen her once. My mind is racing right now!!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 7:30:55 PM
Author: lovelylulu
Blushing! I just want to jump through this screen and give you a hug!!

Up until right now, my work day has been so busy that I hadn''t checked pricescope. I couldn''t have signed on to read better news!!!

I''m so thrilled for you and your DH
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That is one lucky little bean!!

Though it hasn''t always been fun, I''ve really appreciated being able to share this crazy journey with you and I''m so glad that the TTC part is in the past!!!

off to get me some robitussin
5.gif
Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5.gif

I feel like I have the closest connection with you - I think it''s because you and I have so many similarities with our TTC journey. You and I have been on this board from the very beginning and had very similar struggles. You are cycle 13 right? I am cycle 12. You had your HSG and that was my next step. All your test results have come back normal and so have mine. I posted all the details about my BFP because first of all, I''d want to know if it were someone else
27.gif
, but also because if I can help you or anyone else with trying something new - something that worked for me - then why not share it? I am your biggest cheerleader and hope to see you and everyone else on the pregoo thread soon (and I know I will).

You are awesome - stay positive and keep trying (as hard as it can be sometimes)!
35.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 10:28:49 AM
Author: AmberWaves
HOLY CRAP!!!!! BLUSHING!! I. AM. SO. EXCITED. FOR. YOU.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! (MY stupid computer doesn''t let me make words bigger or neat colors, so just know that I am THRILLED FOR YOUUUUU!!!!!!!!)

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

STICKY DUST!!!!
Thank you Amber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like you, I was celebrating my uterus'' year anniversary of trying and wouldn''t you know, I got a BFP!!!!!!!! I guess it''s all about the timing - I wish I could undertand why it took so long.
33.gif
Anyway, I''m freaking out like you were a couple months ago
9.gif
trying to figure out what''s next!!!???

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 8:30:38 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Blushing I am beyond happy for you! That is wonderful news. Sometimes it just takes a little time, and we''ve had a couple gals prove that rule on this thread! I am wishing with all my might for a sticky bean for you and a healthy 9 months. Now you have something NEW to occupy your your mind every waking moment... your baby!!!
Thank you DD!!!!!! I seriously can NOT believe that you''ve been on this thread, got pregnant and had your baby a few months ago - crazy how time flies!!!! You have been so amazing to all of us TTC''ers. You never forgot about us after your BFP and always chimed in with advice and encouragement. I don''t think I can thank you enough for that!!!!
5.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 8:47:47 PM
Author: Dani
WOW, BLUSHING, Im so thrilled for you!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Even though I am more a lurker on this thread, I have been following your journey a bit, and this is just incredible news!!!! Best wishes for a happy & healthy pregnancy!!!! YAY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hi Dani - thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you popped in to say hello and appreciate all your support!! Lets see, you''ll be married almost two years soon - any plans to start a family???
27.gif
31.gif

BTW - thank you for all your advice on towns in Jersey. Between you and Janinegirl, DH and I have decided to settle in Union County - looking at Westfield and Summit.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Blushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

What great news!! I am so, so happy for you! *lots of sticky vibes* I can't wait to see you on the preggo thread.
1.gif

Vintage, have you gone of the pill recently? After I went off my cycles started at 31 days and kept getting longer and longer until they were about 60 days. I hope this doesn't happen to you!! Cycles over 40-45 days can be a sign of PCOS, but there is nothing wrong with cycles around 35 days. 28 days is just an average.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your response, PG. No, I haven''t been on the pill for at least 5 years, and even then, I was just trying to find one that would work for me, but gave up on them due to the severe nausea they produced. I guess I am hoping that I am in some special 1% category that does not produce positive tests even though she is totally preggo. Probably not likely though, since I have tried at least three different tests!! I have to tell you, it is amazing how much I can *feel* pregnant while in this negative-testing-and-waiting-for-AF time!!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
BLUSHING- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What wonderful news. Funny how life works sometimes, isn''t it? I am so excited for you, and can''t wait to follow you through the next part of your journey. Try to enjoy this special time! Hope to see you over on the preggo thread when you are ready!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher- I''ve had the gum surgery before and it really wasn''t a big deal at all like you said. I don''t remember the actual procedure, they didn''t put me out necessarily but they did give me something so I wasn''t really aware of what was going on. Don''t remember it hurting at all, and don''t really remember my mouth being in much pain after the fact. Not much more than getting dental work done. Though I didn''t do the graft from the roof of my mouth, they used donor tissue. Also, you know best laid plans and all, I ended up having to have an emergency root canal during my first trimester- in fact, the very week I found out I was pregnant. I freaked. But, it was all fine and though they would like you to wait until after the 1st trimester, they used certain types of numbing agents that are safe for pregnancy. So I am sure you would be totally fine having it done in 2nd or even 3rd trimester. You''re so cute the way you thing things out. It''s one of your many charms! Let me know if you have any questions.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
LV - It''s totally normal for your cycle to fluctuate a few days, and I don''t think your length has been that different to be worrisome. Also, I''m pretty sure things like stress, illness, etc. can affect your cycle length. What SHOULDN''T change is your LP length...ovulation can be delayed, but your LP should be pretty consistent. Are you temping? How long is your usual LP?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Sabine! I have not been temping in any consistent way, unfortunately. I will keep an eye on the LP length for my next cycle though. I think it's possible that I am creating some internal stress about this, as much as I would like not to, and that is what affecting my cycle length. Thank you very much for the reassurance!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Blushing - congrats!!!! I am just so happy for you.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 11:52:01 AM
Author: blushingbride

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Even though I am more a lurker on this thread, I have been following your journey a bit, and this is just incredible news!!!! Best wishes for a happy & healthy pregnancy!!!! YAY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hi Dani - thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you popped in to say hello and appreciate all your support!! Lets see, you'll be married almost two years soon - any plans to start a family???
27.gif
31.gif

BTW - thank you for all your advice on towns in Jersey. Between you and Janinegirl, DH and I have decided to settle in Union County - looking at Westfield and Summit.

That's great!!! Summit and Westfield are wonderful towns!!! Cant wait to see where you end up!!! Then we can totally GTG!!!
Did you start looking yet??

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PS- no plans for awhile- we are so not ready yet- lol!!! :)

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Vintage,

Welcome to the craziness that is trying to make a baby!! It''s not a fun road most of the time.
5.gif

As for cycles varying in length, that is totally normal. Stress, vacations, all kinds of things can be accountable for the variations.

There are some people who never get a positive home pregnancy test. Not sure what makes it be that way for them, but it does happen. I believe it''s pretty rare, though.

As for willing yourself not to have a period... haha, I''m a pretty stubborn person and when I make up my mind to do something, I go full force. I''ve not been able to will myself pregnant yet, though. If only it were that way, huh?
9.gif
On the other hand, stress can lengthen your cycle length, so maybe that''s part of the culprit here in the growing cycle length.

I think each of us here has experienced *feeling* pregnant only to find that mean old period a little while later. Our minds are so powerful, and the desire is so strong, and it''s easy to *think* we feel something, and then to really believe it. This is me each and every cycle. The good news is that eventually, we''ll be right!!
30.gif

Easy to say, but not easy to do, but I''ll say it anyway: try to relax and just trust that things are working out as they should. All of us here are there with you, and have been in the same spot you find yourself now.

Just keep on keeping on and hopefully your *feeling* will be right quicker than a blink!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Blushing,

How sweet of you to come and respond individually to your congratulations. That''s awesome. Hoping today''s numbers are SKY high, lady!!!
9.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
YAY BLUSHING!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!
emteeth.gif

Awww, I''m so excited for you. A million and one congrats!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Blushing HOOOORRRAYYYYY, Yay YAY Yay!!!!!! Congratulations a million times to you
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I''m soo happy for you and hubby! Praying for a healthy 9 months for you!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
BB- yeh ask them for a referral to an ob in presbyterian and off u go to the maternity side
9.gif
9.gif
...u will like treating there bc it is a one stop shop,...they do all the testing, bloodwork and u/s''s there so its very convienant....and u get to know a lot of ppl that will be there for your delivery :) ,,,let me know who they refer...i know all the doc''s in the nyph practice
2.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 6:44:34 PM

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hi Dani - thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you popped in to say hello and appreciate all your support!! Lets see, you'll be married almost two years soon - any plans to start a family???
27.gif
31.gif

That's great!!! Summit and Westfield are wonderful towns!!! Cant wait to see where you end up!!! Then we can totally GTG!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

count me in on that GTG!!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 6:44:34 PM

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hi Dani - thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you popped in to say hello and appreciate all your support!! Lets see, you''ll be married almost two years soon - any plans to start a family???
27.gif
31.gif

That''s great!!! Summit and Westfield are wonderful towns!!! Cant wait to see where you end up!!! Then we can totally GTG!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That would great - count me in for a NJ GTG! We were thinking in about two years. We were going to move sooner which is why I asking for info on all the towns, but we ended up buying a condo in the city as an investment instead so, now we are just saving for the house. Will let you know when we finally take the plunge!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 11:07:52 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
BB- yeh ask them for a referral to an ob in presbyterian and off u go to the maternity side
9.gif
9.gif
...u will like treating there bc it is a one stop shop,...they do all the testing, bloodwork and u/s''s there so its very convienant....and u get to know a lot of ppl that will be there for your delivery :) ,,,let me know who they refer...i know all the doc''s in the nyph practice
2.gif
Thanks NYC!!! My bloodtest results came back positive yesterday and was told my levels look really good!
36.gif

What''s interesting is that I got two phone calls yesterday. One from a general nurse telling me congratulations, etc. Then later in the day, I got a second phone call from my RE''s nurse (who I also met with last week) and she joked with me about having only been there once and then becomming pregnant. I asked her if it happens often and she laughed and from time to time.
5.gif

Anyway, they want me to come back for one more test tomorrow (I like that they are cautious about everything before preceeding). So, when I get those results, I''ll ask about an OB. They said in two weeks I''ll have my first ultra sound.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
BB: that''s great that things all came back with flying colors!! Maybe the 2nd test is to measure HCG progression? That''s pretty standard and will be even more reassuring! So you''re thinking 2 years...it''ll go by fast and hopefully by then I''ll know the towns well! (.. and our kids will be old enough to play
emwink.gif
)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results