shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
BB- yes your RE is now your OB and she will take care of everything that she needs done..pap smears etc....you don''t have to worry about anything! They usually want everything done at their location and through them...bloodworks and testing etc.

When you are ready to be transferred to prebyterian...(sooooon sooon:) ....they can refer you to a doc there...I just asked my re secretary and she gave me the doc''s info there...that practice is amazing there too!...but ins problems as well!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 10:53:04 AM
Author: nycbkgirl
BB- yes your RE is now your OB and she will take care of everything that she needs done..pap smears etc....you don''t have to worry about anything! They usually want everything done at their location and through them...bloodworks and testing etc.

When you are ready to be transferred to prebyterian...(sooooon sooon:) ....they can refer you to a doc there...I just asked my re secretary and she gave me the doc''s info there...that practice is amazing there too!...but ins problems as well!
Thanks NYC!!! I thought that was the case, but just wanted to double check!
2.gif

As far as insurance problems, are you saying they don''t take insurance or only certain ones?
33.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
BB- o man I don''t even know where to begin with the insurance problems ....

Example...they do u/s''s upstairs in another department at the hospital....so I just schedule the appt''s...then I get a bill for 1k for the u/s...I call and they say there are many diff docs that read the u/s''s and on that day I scheduled it with a doc that doesn''t take my ins! Nobody warned me of this! I of course ended up paying whatever the ins paid but still..I was dealing with this all the time andin every department....
Another example...my ob did a pap and sent it out to a lab which doesn''t accept my ins either!...urgh...I never dealt with this before...u have to ask if ur ins is accepted with anything u do there!
When I was in the hospital at 24 wks...I saw diff docs...who apparently also don''t take my ins....

So to sum it up...u are never warned about these things and always have to ask if ins is taken...even when bloodwork is being taken!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 11:41:01 AM
BB- o man I don''t even know where to begin with the insurance problems ....

Example...they do u/s''s upstairs in another department at the hospital....so I just schedule the appt''s...then I get a bill for 1k for the u/s...I call and they say there are many diff docs that read the u/s''s and on that day I scheduled it with a doc that doesn''t take my ins! Nobody warned me of this! I of course ended up paying whatever the ins paid but still..I was dealing with this all the time andin every department....
Another example...my ob did a pap and sent it out to a lab which doesn''t accept my ins either!...urgh...I never dealt with this before...u have to ask if ur ins is accepted with anything u do there!
When I was in the hospital at 24 wks...I saw diff docs...who apparently also don''t take my ins....

So to sum it up...u are never warned about these things and always have to ask if ins is taken...even when bloodwork is being taken!
Wow - that''s so bizare? I never read about that from anyone who has posted about the hospital either. So strange. I guess that''s the price you have to pay for the best - nothing is ever as good as it seems right?
20.gif
Thanks for the heads-up. I guess you have to ask this when you make your appts? As for bloodwork, that I feel is probably out of our control.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
BB- yeh with bloodwork I made sure the lab they used took my ins and luckily it did but if it doesn''t u tell them what lab to send it to. U have to be under control of every single thing u do there...I had a stack of bills like u wouldn''t believe but dealt with a billing supv and only paid what ins covered bc it wasn''t my fault.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
BB- np...I will always be checking for ur updates! ;-)

Sorry everyone for the thread jackin lol!...now back to regularly scheduled programming ;-)

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to pop in to say how glad I am to see you''re in good hands, Blushing!

Cheers to everyone!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
whosh - this week has been hectic at work

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Blushing
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

soon. very soon for you lady.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 1:13:57 PM
BB- np...I will always be checking for ur updates! ;-)

Sorry everyone for the thread jackin lol!...now back to regularly scheduled programming ;-)
Ditto - sorry everyone!
12.gif

Thanks Lovely and Festy - you both KNOW I''m cheering you on all the way!!!
36.gif

am04

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies,

I posted on this thread a while ago and I remember that there was some discussion about the sensitivity of online cheapie tests so I thought I would share my experience since I know it is really easy to spend a fortune on tests. I got my bfp at 12dpo and the line was actually darker on my internet cheapie (from early-pregnancy-tests.com) then on my FRER. Just thought I would throw that out there. I wish you all the best of luck!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Amo4! Happy for you! I remember you being around here back in the day....
1.gif

(Thanks for that info about the prego tests... they can eat you out of house and home before you even have a little baby doing the same!!)

Who''s in the two week wait? Who can I cheer on?
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
PAGING Dreamer (you still check in over here, I know you do!!!):

Does your name have two consonants of the same kind sitting side by side in one of your names?

Just curious....

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Okay, this morning I woke up, took my temp, put it into my phone, and craziness happened. My crosshairs moved and said my coverline was something insanely high. Always remembering Dreamer''s advice that I know my average coverline and that any time I''m in the mid 98s, I have ovulated, I didn''t really worry.

Then when I got up-got up, I came downstairs to check it out on the actual computer, and guess what? FF had, for some dumb reason, decided to change my setting to "research." I moved it back to "FAM" and it happily went back to where it was.

For the life of me, I can''t figure out why it would have moved, even for "research." Any ideas?

This was the "research" method (dumb computer!!):

fishchartsomethinghighcrazinessCD24.GIF

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
And this is the restoration to FAM. I was so happy with my *big* rise at ovulation, and I''m glad it came back!
9.gif
:

PS--This is me not freaking out and over thinking things. Haha. Okay, at least I''m trying. Up til today, I was doing really, really good!

Today we''re going on a river boat cruise in TN... I''m excited. Hopefully the sun will be out and I can get some nice pictures to share with my TTC friends. I really did miss you guys when I was only peeking in every now and then!

fishchartsomethinghighCD24.GIF

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 7:20:29 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
PAGING Dreamer (you still check in over here, I know you do!!!):

Does your name have two consonants of the same kind sitting side by side in one of your names?

Just curious....
Noooooo... but I had to think about it a little
26.gif
My first name starts with the same letter as my PS name though...

Nice looking chart lady!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Fisher!
35.gif
My only guess on why Research would change it is cause you sort of had another big rise on the 4th. That''s all I got. ??? I say stick with FAM though. I too like it''s results better
2.gif

Have fun on the TN cruise!!! I think that sounds like a lot of fun. I''ll check back for pics! I am drying my hair and then we''re going to go drive on the PCH and get some sun. It''s cloudy here at home but hubby said he saw sun on the coast this morning! Have a beautiful Saturday :)

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer,

Hmm. I thought it was a double consonant name. Dang. Back to the drawing board for Fisher!
5.gif

Sunkist,

Saw your baby shot on the other thread. Too cute!! You''re gonna be an adorable preggo, lady!! PCH... I''m jealous. I was totally in love with that piece of road when I lived there. The boat was wonderful today, though.
9.gif
Then we went to Nashville to see "music row." Not what I thought it would be, kind of run-down and ragged looking. But still a fun trip. I''m excited that they had Christmas ornaments of the Southern Belle, the riverboat we had our river cruise on. We always like to get ornaments of the fun things we do, and I thought today''s trip should qualify.

Have you decided where you''re going for your babymoon?
9.gif
Inquiring mind wanna know!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 9:51:28 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Dreamer,

Hmm. I thought it was a double consonant name. Dang. Back to the drawing board for Fisher!
5.gif

Sunkist,

Saw your baby shot on the other thread. Too cute!! You''re gonna be an adorable preggo, lady!! PCH... I''m jealous. I was totally in love with that piece of road when I lived there. The boat was wonderful today, though.
9.gif
Then we went to Nashville to see ''music row.'' Not what I thought it would be, kind of run-down and ragged looking. But still a fun trip. I''m excited that they had Christmas ornaments of the Southern Belle, the riverboat we had our river cruise on. We always like to get ornaments of the fun things we do, and I thought today''s trip should qualify.

Have you decided where you''re going for your babymoon?
9.gif
Inquiring mind wanna know!

You went on the Southern Belle!? That sounds so awesome! I''m glad it was a fun trip. We also had a fun afternoon. Cliff actually had the day off, usually he works Saturdays. We ate lunch Mexican food on the patio of a restaurant on PCH and then drove down the coast with the windows open
1.gif
It was just nice to enjoy a day off together.

But YES we planned our babymoon and we''re going next week to St. Lucia! I''m so excited
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Awesome, Sunkist! Have a fabulous time. My hubby is promising me a Canada trip for our babymoon, and I fully intend to make him follow through with it. Still no clue what we''ll do there, but I just have this crazy infatuation with Canada. Odd....

So, if we''re not pregnant this cycle, I''ll be having oral surgery (gum grafting) in the first days of the new cycle. And we won''t be doing Clomid at that time, and we''re not sure when/if we''ll go back on it.

The surgery is not major surgery by any means. It''s less than an hour procedure, is done at the peridontist''s office and doesn''t usually include sedation. If I am pregnant (God willing!!!!), I will likely still have the procedure during pregnancy ---past the first trimester, of course--with only numbing agents to the mouth and the gums, antibiotics for a few days, and no pain medications other than Tylenol. I''m sure it will be something I''ll have some pain with, but I''m just trusting that it will be fine. Worst case, you''re in pain (they describe it as a "bad pizza burn" on the roof of your mouth---where they take the gum from for the graft) for a week, or so says my Dr. It''s only for one tooth, and it is not the craziness of having a whole lot of teeth in need of it, so that''s something I''m completely thankful for. I wish I didn''t need the surgery as I''ve never had any of any kind at all, but I''m also glad that it''s not worse than it is and that it is most likely something my ob/gyn will not have a major issue with me doing past week 14-16 or so, since it will not include any sedation. I''m hoping anyway!! I don''t want to lose the tooth, but I would be lying if I said I cared more about a tooth than about the absolute health of my baby.

At my next Dr. appt (either to confirm pregnancy or to talk about where we go from here with regard to not being pregnant), I''ll get more imput from my Dr. Either way, I have to see them first because I can''t have the surgery without confirmation that I''m not pregnant or a medical consent for me to undergo the surgery in the second trimester.

Is it crazy that I''m hoping like crazy that I am pregnant, even though I know that may mean having a surgery while pregnant? I feel kind of guilty, but at the same time, I know that timing is something I have no control over and that things work for the best when you wait and pray for next to forever for something like this....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fisher I hope this cycle is the one! How many cycles will this be on clomid? 2 or 3?

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher, your chart looks great! Good luck this cycle!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Ummmm, ladies, I have been a big secret from you over the weekend!

It''s a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

IMG_1644.JPG

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
...and I got this on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

OMG - I''ve been freaking out alll weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_16471.JPG

Festy

Shiny_Rock
runaround1.gif

BLUSHING!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Blushing!!!! I just could not be happier for you!! I know it''s been a long road, I''m so thrilled for you...congrats to you and your DH! Tons and tons of dust for a sticky bean and a healthy 40 weeks!!
1.gif
9.gif
9.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Ok now spill, girl! We need the deets!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I am so thrilled for you Blushing!! It''s been a long road and you''ve been so positive about it!. I am sending you TONS of (((STICKY DUST)))) although that''s for sure a sticky! Look at those lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
...since finding out, I''ve taken a test every morning (I know, probably shouldn''t). I tried to tell you all over the weekend too, but my Mac was acting weird and it wouldn''t let me post pictures and obviously this moment wouldn''t be the same without them.
5.gif

Here are the details in a nutshell:

On Friday night, I was about to give our little pup a bath. Something inside me said to take a test. Normally, I wouldn''t take it that early (it was either 9 or 10 DPO. FF said that I ovulated on CD 17, but I really think it was CD 16). Anyway, I think my RE visit the day before gave me some new found confidence and comfort when it came to taking a test. So, as usual, I used one of my cheapies and continued to give Harry his bath. After I was done, I looked at it and saw something very faint and that''s something I have NEVER, EVER seen before.
33.gif

So, I took another one and the same faint line appeard. I then decided to bring in the big guns and tested with CBE test - the test line came up right away so, I freaked!!! My DH was home at the time and I knew he wouldn''t believe me unless he saw the words PREGNANT. So, I brought out the mother of all tests, the digi! When I saw the words pregnant, I was trembling!! I then brought it over to DH, held it behind my back and I told him I needed to show him something. I whipped it out and didn''t say another word - I just let the test do all the talking.
5.gif
He couldn''t believe his eyes and was so elated!!! We both were in a state of shock. I also couldn''t believe the digi came up so early which also helps me to reconfirm my suspicions that maybe I was 10 DPO like I thought.

I still can''t believe it!!!! I called my doctor, the new RE at CRMI, to find out when I can come in for a bloodtest. We also told our immediate families this weekend because if something were to happen (god forbid), we''d want them there for support (DH and I both have amazing families).
5.gif
Everyone is just over the moon and SO excited!!!!
36.gif

I just pray that this is a sticky bean! I don''t want to worry all the time, but it''s hard not to. I keep thinking my AF is going to show.
38.gif

Symptoms:

I had bloody gums around 5 or 6 DPO which was a little odd
I felt dizzy at 5 DPO
The other strange thing I noticed was that my (*)(*) were not sore like they normally were about midway thru my LP.
Other than those things - NOTHING!

Things I did this cycle:

We tried the Sperm Meets Egg Plan Link - I''ve read this before but never tried it because they say it''s for those who already had a baby, BUT they also say "It is also a good plan to try for a first pregnancy if you want to do something serious to increase your chances before finally going in for a doctor visit about fertility." Well, that was us so, we went for it. We BD''d every other day starting at CD 10 and then when my monitor said High, we did it every night until O. We missed the day after O though, but that was because DH had a late dinner that night.

I used Robitussin starting at 10 DPO and had TONS of CM the days leading up to O. We also used Preseed, but we do every cycle because I don''t have a lot of CM.

Anwyay, that''s all for now as I have to get back to work. Thank you ALL for your support for the past year of us trying - you all have been incredibly amazing!!! And I''ll be cheering you all on from the sidelines.
5.gif
I''ll be sending extra vibes to the "golden girls"....Lovely, Tiffany, Fisher and Festy who have been on the majority of this journey with me.
5.gif
You all are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
OMG Blushing.....WOO HOO
36.gif
, and what are the chances...just as you were about to embark on the RE journey!! It as if it was meant to be....I''m going to be stalking you as things progress, so you better be updating constantly (hahaha). Once things are more calm and established, we''ll have to talk about you moving to the ''burbs
emwink.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results