shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
pave, I had an abdominal u/s at 6w4d. I was shocked they didn't do a transvaginal u/s but they were able to get a clear view of our little bean! You can see a beating blob and the yolk sac. The baby is only about .5cm at that point but they are able to get a measurement and tell how far along you are. Good luck! I hope you get an u/s!

pave and dreamer, I used First Response Early Result (newer, oval-window version), which is supposed to detect 25 mIU. A dark line (darker than the test line) appeared within seconds! I waited until I was about 17 DPO though to test. I didn't want to get a false negative. It was my last FRER test and I didn't want to buy another box (it can add up and be quite expensive!) so I took two more dollar store tests (at 19 and 21 DPO). According to peeonastick.com, most are surprisingly sensitive and reliable. Another 2 very dark positive lines! I didn't get a blood test to confirm. I just went in for a prenatal appointment at 6 weeks and they just used a urine pregnancy test, which looked almost exactly like the dollar store ones.

lisa, I saved all 3 positive HPTs. I took lots of pictures of them too in case the lines disappeared. All the lines are still there though.

Lots of baby dust to those who are TTC!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
howdy everyone! Today AF made her appearance (not bad, 27 day cycle!), and it''s good to know that it actually exists still- 10 years of being on the pill made me a little skittish about how long it would be until AF arrived, so I''m okay with it. The cramps I could do without, though, man. Here''s to cycle #2!

Congrats to Pave and Neatfreak! Lisa, your daughter is stunning! Sunkist, love the "he was sure he got me!"

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori - I save everything, total pack rat, so yep I was saving my preliminary sticks w/ faint lines (about 3 of those) and the 2 HPT with the plus symbol.
Somehow I like watching the whole thing come into focus. Saved those too but later decided thay would look pretty weird, bulky, in an album or I don''t know a box for keepsake?

So I threw them away, The pee ones kinda started to smell (TMI).

I only had a throw-away camera at the time so no pics.

DD - yea hope you got a bun on the way!! Sounds like a whole lotta lovin'' going on in your life!

I bought like 25 pregnancy test on ebay for 7.99. They are sensitive to 20 miu - more than OTC - not sure the sensitvity of the "5 days before tests" though.

They sell OV predictor strips too. These come in 20 miu sensitivity but couldn''t find any on ebay this low.

I am getting really godd at peeing on things these days.
9.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Pavelover!
36.gif
Wow this thread is hopping! Looks like we will definitely have another PS baby boom!
5.gif
Lisa, your daughter is such a cutie!! I have hazel (blue/green) eyes and my husband has brown eyes...I can only pray our baby has my eyes!!
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ended up going to my local dollar store and picked up a bunch of tests sensitive to 25 mlU/ml. A dollar each, man that is crazy compared to the $15-$20 they charge at the pharmacy for name brands. Tested last night (BFN at ~9-DPO) and this morning (BFN at ~10-DPO) but I know that it is not over until the "fat lady" (AF) sings. I think I'll test each morning with first tinkle. I haven't told DH about taking these tests and I don't think I will. He wouldn't emotionally understand the whole may-be-too-early-to-tell business because he is sensitive, and I don't want him to have to feel sad without reason. I am not going to tell anyone is real life about the testing, I don't like the pressure of imagining what they are thinking if I keep getting BFNs. Good thing for PS, you all understand how it goes. I is lame-o to get the BFNs though, even knowing it isn't necessarily accurate.

Good luck to the others trying, its so preoccupying... makes me wish I'd just had a happy accident like one of the best friends (she is 4 months now, happily married) and hadn't had to think about it at all!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, neatfreak and pave!

Amber- Sorry about AF. The good news is that 27 days is a normal cycle- some women get off the pill and have 50+ day cycles! No fun to have to wait through for AF.

Dreamer- Don't give up hope yet! 10 DPO is often too early to test. Fingers crossed you get your positive!

Well, it looks like I'm 2 DPO today. My fertility monitor signaled ovulation on CD 12, which my temps seem to confirm (though I need one more to actually "confirm"). This is why charting is so great; I think many women assume they ovulate on CD 14, and often completely miss the window. The cycle I got pregnant, I ovulated on either CD 16 or CD 20, so I would have completely missed it had I not been paying attention to the signs.

And now, the waiting.
41.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies- sorry I haven''t answered sooner- work really cramps my style when it comes to PS time
emwink.gif
. Thanks to Amber and Blushingbride for the good wishes! And Amber I hope your ankle is feeling better. Ouch!!

Neatfreak- I am still testing daily- a bit paranoid, and today since I was going to get a blood test if AF never arrived I think I will just go get one anyway. I want to know that the hcg is going up. My digi test went blank by the next day I think, but now I have 2 reg hpts. I don''t think I want to save them long term though. I am a packrat but I dunno...I thought you would be telling me what the first appt will be like. I will call the office in a little while and hopefully get an answer.

Lisa- thanks for the info on what I can expect re:u/s. And thanks to Snlee too- I would be so happy to see a beating blob you have no idea!
My story of how I told dh was not too sweet-4 a.m. bleary eyed me looking at the test in disbelief- yelling to my dh- babe I got it!!! What does that even mean? I think he said "got what" and then I was making him look at it and he was happy- not a very interesting story. He knew I was testing everyday and driving myself crazy but he never complained. He doesn''t quite get it though cause he was asking me to use the other sticks (Opk) instead of the hpts to keep an eye on my cycle- I was like "wha???"

DD wow that''s a lot of bd''ing. Good for you! Hope you get that bfp very soon. And Welcome!!!

Amber- that''s great that your cycle is behaving well! I know what you mean about the cramps. Big difference off the pill, oh and the bloating- woah!

Well ladies- have a great day and keep posting! I love reading what is going on with all of you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pave and neatfreak, I don''t think I said congrats! Sticky sticky sticky!

And Bree, great news about the big O! Good thing for charting is right, seems like things can happen almost anytime really!

Date: 4/28/2008 10:36:23 AM
Author: pavelover

DD wow that''s a lot of bd''ing. Good for you! Hope you get that bfp very soon. And Welcome!!!
It was a lot of bd''ing! haha... we were on vacation at a resort, it is very very unlikely we will manage that again if we go again next month! I mean it''s fun and all
2.gif
but a girls gotta rest!

I also wondered if so much bd''ing can deplete a man''s swimmers?? Next month, if need be (hopefuly not though!) we may try a different pattern.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ebree- didn''t see your post earlier! I''m glad to hear that you are able to watch all of your signs and know your body- that must give you a feeling of control- as much as we really have anyway! So we will be here with you during the 2ww! I hope it goes super fast for you! Take care!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 11:09:48 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

And Bree, great news about the big O! Good thing for charting is right, seems like things can happen almost anytime really!

It was a lot of bd''ing! haha... we were on vacation at a resort, it is very very unlikely we will manage that again if we go again next month! I mean it''s fun and all
2.gif
but a girls gotta rest!

I also wondered if so much bd''ing can deplete a man''s swimmers?? Next month, if need be (hopefuly not though!) we may try a different pattern.
I just love talking to you guys!

Thanks Amber for nice Olivia comments.

I think it take 2-4 days to recoup the "right" read-strong sperm.

Hubby and I waited to BD until 3:30 Am last night as he''s out of town and I think LH is a risin"

Pave - actually very funny story - I love how belligerent we get when it happens "I got it!" what AF, Ebola, the mysteries of the Universe?

I just blurted it out on the phone on the way home from work - he was in the middle of lifting a really heavy object (he''s a crane operator) and had to call me back!

Can''t wait to hear how all the dr appts go..........

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 11:09:48 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

2.gif
but a girls gotta rest!

I heard that you should BD everyday unless you are aware of a fertility problem with your DH and his swimmers and if that''s the case to do every other day or every two days.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD, my doctor said every other day was better than everyday. Worked for us.

RE EYE COLOR: I think it is so random that brown eyes aren''t considered as beautiful. Being a brown eyed girl and all. My DH has blue, DD are still blue but I keep expecting them to change. My MIL is OBSESSED and asks me all the time if they are still light (his whole family has blue). I know no one was being to be offensive. I just think people''s version of ideal beauty is so strange. After all my DH remarked it is her FACE that makes her beautiful NOT her eyes
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 12:46:41 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
DD, my doctor said every other day was better than everyday. Worked for us.

RE EYE COLOR: I think it is so random that brown eyes aren''t considered as beautiful. Being a brown eyed girl and all. My DH has blue, DD are still blue but I keep expecting them to change. My MIL is OBSESSED and asks me all the time if they are still light (his whole family has blue). I know no one was being to be offensive. I just think people''s version of ideal beauty is so strange. After all my DH remarked it is her FACE that makes her beautiful NOT her eyes
2.gif
I''ve heard this too, in my copy of "Our Bodies OUr Selves" (awesome resource), but they said the reason was because if you BD everyday then the semen can mask the ability to properly assess cervical fluid. This made sense, but on Fertility Friend it said what blushing said, everyday if its the known fertile time, unless DH has issues with his swimmers. But Fertility Friend also said that the odds of conception only increase by 2% with everyday versus every second day... I just worried that if we skipped a day, THAT would be the skipped time that resulted in no fertilization! haha... I also felt that at least if we BD''d then we were doing something to try to conceive instead of just sitting there twiddling our thumbs! haha...

DD

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well remember DD his swimmers can live in you (what a lovely thought
3.gif
) for something like 72 hours so it''s not such a one shot deal. Even though you only have a 20% chance each time there is a great number of us that got preggo very quickly. Hopefully you can add yourself to that list.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 12:46:41 PM

2.gif
I find this kind of nuts too. My cousin''s fam...... AHH they drive me crazy. They have three kids, first boy has dark hair, dark eyes like dad. Second boy w/ light hair and dark eyes. Third, a little girl... blond, blue-eyed like crazy momma. I went to visit when the little girl was a few days old and the mother told me she hoped this one''s eyes would stay blue. Seriously? That''s what you''re worrying about over your 3 day old child? And the grandparents are flat out MEAN to the dark hair, dark eyed child b/c he "doesn''t look like their daughter." They visibly prefer the blonde son and it burns me up. I can''t even stand to be around these people
29.gif
My cousin (the father) is so clueless. Men!

But I sort of see the other side, b/c I don''t think my kid will have my any of my features. My hubby has very dark brown hair, and very pretty dark brown eyes. His whole immediate fam has brown eyes. I have green eyes (sometimes blue, depends on the day
2.gif
), dark blonde/light brown hair and I think hubby''s dominant genes beat up my very recessive ones. But my hubby is darn cute, so it''s not such a bad thing anyway. I''m much more concerned that my kid has brains anyway
3.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think people like green and blue eyes because those eye colors aren''t a dominant trait and therefore more rare. For most people I would think that is most of the allure, right?

But geez, families treating their grandchildren differently based on their eyecolor??? That is crazy! Those people are just NUTS IMO.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
icekid, that is HORRIBLE! I know that my ILs will not treat her any differently if she does end up with dark eyes. Actually it''s kind of strange b/c my MIL always says she wants DD to have blue eyes like my DH but with my dark hair. So she must like *some* of my traits.

NF, I guess if you look at the world''s population light eyes are more rare but certainly not in DH''s family. They ALL have blue eyes.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 1:45:11 PM
Well remember DD his swimmers can live in you (what a lovely thought
3.gif
) for something like 72 hours so it''s not such a one shot deal. Even though you only have a 20% chance each time there is a great number of us that got preggo very quickly. Hopefully you can add yourself to that list.
I picture little ants crawling all over the place... better not to think about it too hard! haha Of course, you are right, but although the logic says one thing it is hard not to let irrationality take over some time, eh?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Amber, that "he was sure he got me" comment of my hubby's totally cracked me up too. Hubbies can be so funny about this stuff. Mine just 'knows' that his swimmers are so strong it's going to be a one shot deal
20.gif
. I'm trying to prep him in case it takes a while
2.gif
And Amber, this was your 1st AF off BC right?? That is great that it showed up and you know your body is doing it's thing! Let the fun begin
31.gif

DD and Ebree I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on your TWW!
36.gif

About the eye color thing - for me it's not that I prefer one eye color over the other. I think you hear poeple talking about blue eyes because it's the recessive trait thing, it's a more rare occurance for it to show. But I think people 'ooo and aww' over a baby's eye color no matter what color it turns out to be just because you see personality in the eyes, they can be so telling. I LOVE my hubby's deep brown eyes. I'm just pretty sure that my future kids will take a lot of my husbands features since mine are less dominant - blonde & curly hair & blue eyes. So I'm eager to see what if any of my features come out in them. Before I met my husband I always imagined having a little blond curly hair girl, and now we don't know what to expect really! haha! I've mentioned before that when ever we see an Asian/ caucasian couple walk by we peak to check out their babies! Ya, I guess we're wierd!
3.gif

Tacori, your Tessa is getting so big! Her hair looks like it's growing now too!

ETA: o my goodess, Icekid, I just read your post re: your cousin's fam! I can't believe grandparents or parents treating any of their children different because of their coloring! That's awful. And I totally agree with you on the brains, most important
2.gif
And I can't wait to nurture my kids brains and developemnt by hanging out with them, bonding with them, and teaching them all about the world. That's the part I'm looking forward to the most.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
bb, I''ve read that you should BD every other day in the week leading up to your ovulation or when you notice EWCM. It takes about 48 hours for the sperm count to build up to their most fertile levels.

EBree, I hope the 2WW goes by fast! Lots of baby dust to you!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I don''t get genetics at all...Mendel and his damn peas!

I am dark-haired, dark-eyed short 5''3".

I am dominant!!!!!!!

However, Olivia is pale, blue-eyed w/ auburn hair and I just know she''s gonna get freckles like her dad.

What happened?

I think people look at us and think I''m the nanny.

P4050582.Family.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, you guys are adorable!!!!! And I actually don''t think you look like the nanny at all! Even though her hair and coloring looks like dad, her features are totally yours.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 11:13:00 PM
Author: snlee
bb, I''ve read that you should BD every other day in the week leading up to your ovulation or when you notice EWCM. It takes about 48 hours for the sperm count to build up to their most fertile levels.

So, it seems the majority of you who have gotten pregnant suggest every other day - that''s what we''ll go with it - afterall, you''re experts!
2.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 11:32:59 PM
Author: AmberWaves
howdy everyone! Today AF made her appearance (not bad, 27 day cycle!), and it''s good to know that it actually exists still- 10 years of being on the pill made me a little skittish about how long it would be until AF arrived, so I''m okay with it. The cramps I could do without, though, man. Here''s to cycle #2!

Congrats to Pave and Neatfreak! Lisa, your daughter is stunning! Sunkist, love the ''he was sure he got me!''
That''s great you got your AF after just 27 days on your first cycle! It IS such a great feeling to know it came back on its own in such a timely manner. The cramps are pretty bad, but I was just relieved to have gotten my AF so, I didn''t mind.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the EOD approach. If you BD everyday, that''s fine, but I think it''s a bit of overkill and makes it feel like work. Sperm lives up to 72 hrs, so BD''ing EOD doesn''t change any %''s don''t worry. A lot of the overanalysis in my opinion is what can make things harder. Easier said than done, I know, but I know in my situation I was obsessed with the stats but then got pg breaking all the rules. We BD''d 4 days before O and on O day only. Wrong positions, hot baths, and advanced maternal age. Still got BFP (we had been planning to TTC officially the following month).

So relax, enjoy, it''ll happen before you know it!!
emsmile.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 12:15:50 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

I am dark-haired, dark-eyed short 5''3''.

I am dominant!!!!!!!

However, Olivia is pale, blue-eyed w/ auburn hair and I just know she''s gonna get freckles like her dad.

What happened?

Nah..you don''t look like the nanny...lol... I agree with NF - you are an adorable family! Thanks for sharing your pics Lisa.
5.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 9:17:51 AM
Author: blushingbride
Date: 4/28/2008 11:13:00 PM

Author: snlee

bb, I've read that you should BD every other day in the week leading up to your ovulation or when you notice EWCM. It takes about 48 hours for the sperm count to build up to their most fertile levels.

So, it seems the majority of you who have gotten pregnant suggest every other day - that's what we'll go with it - afterall, you're experts!
2.gif

I've heard it's good to BD every other day as well, though I got a BFP from BDing EVERY DAY for 8 days. I do not recommend this. Unless you have sex every day anyway, it starts to feel like a chore going every. single. day. For over a week! An online friend of mine is 7 weeks pregnant from the every day for over a week method too, so who knows?

This cycle, we didn't really have a choice- I got a peak reading on my CBEFM so fast! We went every day for 4 days. If we don't get a positive test this cycle, we'll try the every other day method.

3 DPO now, officially in the 2WW.

ETA: lisa- Olivia is ADORABLE! What a doll.
ETA2: Dreamer! What's the latest?
10.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 9:22:05 AM
Author: janinegirly
I agree with the EOD approach. If you BD everyday, that''s fine, but I think it''s a bit of overkill and makes it feel like work. Sperm lives up to 72 hrs, so BD''ing EOD doesn''t change any %''s don''t worry. A lot of the overanalysis in my opinion is what can make things harder. Easier said than done, I know, but I know in my situation I was obsessed with the stats but then got pg breaking all the rules. We BD''d 4 days before O and on O day only. Wrong positions, hot baths, and advanced maternal age. Still got BFP (we had been planning to TTC officially the following month).

So relax, enjoy, it''ll happen before you know it!!
emsmile.gif
haha.. too true. On our vacation it was really fun, but in regular life that would definitely be work! If need be, next month every other day.

DH will be so sad to learn this information
2.gif
, I think he has high hopes that it will take us 3 or 4 months to conceive and then he''ll get 10 days of daily action for 3 or 4 months ! Yeah right!
20.gif

I got another BFN this morning, 11-DPO. Still too early to be conclusive. I should have just held off until I was 14-DPO, but once that dam is broken you can''t go back... AF is not due for another 4 days.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 12:15:50 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

I am dark-haired, dark-eyed short 5''3''.

I am dominant!!!!!!!

What happened?

Lisa I think she looks just like you... Trouble with a capital T!
2.gif

Love the outfit, just too cute!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, Olivia is adorable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results