shape
carat
color
clarity

The non-engagement good news thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
Hi ladies,

I thought I would start a thread for happy stuff unrelated to the e-ring and proposal
1.gif

I''ll start!

I''m VERY pleased b/c I just found out that an independent film I''m in--one I''m REALLY proud of--just was accepted into the DC Indedependent Film Festival. Yay!!! We shot this back in July of ''03, it screened in May ''04, and it''s SO nice to have the festival machine start chugging away. Hooray!

(Hope this doesn''t sound too self-congratulatory....I just was so happy to have some nice news in the midst of my packing hell!!)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
COngrats Blueroses! Do you do a lot of acting? Thats fantastic news!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, that''s so exciting - congrats! What film is it?? I''m heading out to DC to visit my bf March 3-7 and if I remember correctly, its usually the beginning of March. Maybe I can catch it. I''d love to support a fellow LIW
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks ladies!!

MS, yep, that''s what I "do" so to speak...but of course there are always day jobs and more day jobs. (That''s actually why I initially moved to NY, aside from the general theatre scene, was for my MFA in Acting.)
3.gif

Blue824, you''re right! It''s the 2-13 of March. Don''t know when it will screen yet, but wow, that would be wonderful! One of my best friends lives in DC so I think I might fly back and attend....the director has become a great friend, and I''m so happy for him. I would, of course, LOVE to meet any of my fellow LIWs at any time, festival or no!!

htupper

Rough_Rock
Wow, congrats Blueroses! that''s really exciting. I used to go to that festival each year i lived there. would love to support to if i could go--will be locked in the library working on thesis that weekend probably. congrats again!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks B-girl....and congrats on your thesis! That''s another thing in my future with moving home....I have an old MA thesis to complete from 4 years ago
6.gif
that I never finished. What is your timeline for your thesis? Good luck!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how cool Blue!!! Congratualtions!!! And even cooler... im in DC!!! This will be a great excuse to go into the city!! I keep telling FI that we never go enough and its only 5 min away!!! YEA!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! The prospect of meeting my fellow LIW (and graduates!) is so exciting
1.gif

Ok, I''m procrastinating....have to get back to finishing with PACKING!!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
You will definitely have to keep us updated on when its going to be shown when you find out more details! There are a couple things that I''m flying in for specifically, so hopefully it wont interfere. That could be really fun
1.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
hmmmm, trip from SF to DC sounds like an EXCELLENT use for my frequent flyer miles.........

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses -- Congratulations!! That IS good news!!! Can you tell us about the film or is that top secret?
it''s SO exciting that you''re in a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Blue, Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That is huge!! Also perfect timing for your agent to use as a pitch for pilot season. Work it! Are they submitting it to other festivals? I''d love to see it at Sundance next year or maybe one of the festivals near LA.

I''ll be looking out.

By the way, what is the name of the film?
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Blue!! That is so very exciting! It is so nice to see a LIW finding some success. Congrats!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Blue...that is fantastic! Congrats! How exciting!
36.gif
And to answer your question about self promotion.....you are REQUIRED to share items of this nature. hehe. Please share more details when you have time.

How''s the packing going? I didn''t realize you were moving in a week! Woozers Batman!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thank you gals!!!!--you girls are all so supportive.
1.gif
1.gif

Oh no, SJS, not top-secret. It''s funny, b/c the story-line is very anti-what all of us are about here with the LIW--it''s an isolated woman trying to leave her family. Kind of latter day "A Doll''s House" or sort of like Julianne Moore''s story in "The Hours." It''s actually pretty depressing!

Kaili, it''s called "Still Life", btw. I have a feeling we didn''t get into Sundance since I believe we submitted...but I''m happy it''s in this one for now! Will keep you posted about any other acceptances!

I think I''m down to the last two boxes w/ the packing. YAY!

Ok, who else has happy news?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to join the blueroses cheering section!

36.gif
woohoo!
36.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
yaaaaaaaay blue!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 6
6.gif
8:50 PM
Author: blueroses

Thank you gals!!!!--you girls are all so supportive.
1.gif
1.gif

Ok, who else has happy news?

Ok- not good news like BlueRoses, but after moving this past weekend, 2 things happened which to me are great....

we bought a king-size bed and it was delivered on Monday- this is great because we found out that 2 people used to their own queen size beds DO NOT share well, so now we have lotsa elbow room.

My cats finally stopped yowling from 2-4am. They did this on Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues nights. Last night was a blissful yowl free night. aaaahhhhhhh, sleep.

I have a pretty boring life, so these things- while trivial- rank as my good news items!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay blueroses!!! I didn''t know you were an actress!!
1.gif
I hope you get into Sundance too... that''s held in my hometown and I know my parents would love any excuse to get me back for a week or so!!
2.gif

Hmm, my good news: I have a lead on a job that looks like a very real possibility. In other words, I have an "in" in a career field where you are nothing without connections. Plus it pays more--a LOT more--than my current position doing the same thing. My modus operandi this week is to SCHMOOOOOOZE..... and I may very well be sittin'' pretty on full-time-with-benefits SOON.
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
JW, those are great--it''s little daily victories that life is about! Here''s to quiet kitties and a BIG bed!!!

GG I didn''t realize Park City was your hometown--I LOVE that place! And that is such great news about the job prospect!!! Full time and benefits! Full time and benefits!

Nooners, Ginger, Alley, GG, EVERYONE--thanks so much for the kind words:)

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, congrats!

I''m a film publicist and am at Sundance working my butt off as we speak! (Checking this forum for the first and probably only time in my 12 days here)

Such good news. Film festivals are great.

I was actually thinking the other day that given me and my BF''s professions and love of film, it would be AWESOME to get married in Maui during their burgeoning film fest in June (2006, not 2005!!!). Our friends and family could see movies over several days, have a vacation, and attend our wedding!

Good luck!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
PS Blue Roses (when you move here) and anyone else based in LA - we should totally do a group trip to the Jewelry district to window shot some day. would be fun!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Katrina!

1) I think planning the wedding to go along w/ the festival would be SO fun!!! (and btw, have fun at Sundance!! If you have a sec, go to Chloe Lane on Main St.-they have the CUTEST stuff!!)

2) A diamond-drooling trip for LA/SoCal LIW would be FUUUNN!! We should chat!
2.gif

Today was probably my last time crusing the 47th St, windows and it made me a little sad!!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses! That''s great, congratulations! Now you can get more dresses like that red one to go with your star persona. ;-) Good luck with finishing up all that packing...and just think, you can go back visit the city in the summer/fall, when it''s at its best anyway.

GG: Good for you on the job prospect, got my fingers crossed for ya! Funny you''re from Park City, I used to live in SLC, and am headed out to Snowbird for some skiing next week. I hope I get a ring too, but I''ll take the skiing either way. ;-)

jenwill, you have no idea how jealous I am of that king-size bed. With 3 cats and a BF I end up on a tiny little corner of our bed, but there''s no way we''d get a king-size bed into the house.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Blueroses: WOW!!! Congratulations!!! That is AWESOME!

Jenwill: I would love to have a king bed!!! My dog thinks that there is room for his 100lbs self on our queen bed. And lately, i''ve moved and have a double bed. For a time before dh and I left for a little "vacation" in Seattle, all three of us slept on a double bed.. Yikes! but after I come back from my trip it will only be me and the dog, so I guess it won''t be so bad...

GG: Good Vibes on the new career! Keep us posted!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
jenwill- YAY for big beds! We had one until we moved to a smaller space. It took about 6 months to adjust to the queen size. It''s cozy tho
3.gif

GG- wow! Sounds exciting!!

blueroses- Ooh la la! I knew you had red carpet taste in jewels, but had no idea that you were a film star!! Congratulations on getting accepted into the film fest. One of my best friends produced an indie two years ago (directed by her brother). It was a TON of hard work, but amazing. Good Luck!

hmmm. my good news is that one of my closest GF''s is due to have her baby this week (so exciting). Also, I went back to school last semester (after 8 years - this will be my third BA) and got my first class grade - an A!! I''m finally going for the career that I always wanted.. well enough about me.
5.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Leonid and BlueRoses- yep, dharma and greg had to come back, I was having a hard time finding my posts while quick scrolling down the pages!

The king size bed is wonderful...I think the addition of the extra space made it less noticeable when the cats are up there too. What is it with animals and beds...the cats weigh 10 pounds each- HOW do the y take up so much room? I can''t even imagine trying to get a dog up there too!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much FTLOD, Lovey, BlueChica!!!
1.gif

A king bed would be SO nice!! My little 17 pound dog can take up 1/2 of a queen, I never understand how he''s able to spread out like that!

BlueChica, have fun at Snowbird!! It is so beautiful there.

Girls, the packing is DONE!! Except for the last carry-on for the plane, it''s ov-ah. Fedex is coming today for all my craz-nap
9.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats blueroses, isn''t it just so satifying when you''re finally DONE??
9.gif

Ok girls, I should clarify, I actually call SLC home but for all intents and purposes, Park City''s close enough. ;-) BlueChica, where''d you live? My family''s in West Jordan. :)

Had an interview this morning but I''m not convinced I *want* the job. We''ll see... if they''ll pay me what I''m asking, I''ll get over my hangups about it!!
9.gif
In the meantime, still schmoozing the other guy and hoping to get something outta that!
5.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
GG, fingers crossed on the good interview!! But trust your gut--even if the money''s great, don''t go just for that reason if you have reservations for other reasons. Full time and benefits!!
9.gif

SLC-PC, close enough...it''s so great how you can get up in the mountains and be just a few minutes from the city. It is SO beautiful there!!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
jenwill: I ask myself the same question all the time - how the heck does a cat that can fit in a shoebox take up half of the bed. They like to lie on top of me too, when they''re not pushing me off of my pillow, so I get pinned down. BF thinks I need to stand up to them. HA! Right, it''s that easy, my mistake.

lovey: Congrats on your friend''s impending birth...how exciting!!!

blueroses: Yes, Snowbird/Alta is beautiful. I grew up out west, and I''m totally spoiled for NE skiing, so I really look forward to this trip. Incidentally, this trip was the first major vaca BF and I took together, so I''m getting myself all hopeful that it''ll be a short wait for the ring. MUST. STOP. HOPING. Because realistically, it isn''t going to be. I know he wants to torture me for longer.

GG: I should clarify too - my mom moved there after I went to college, so I didn''t "live" there full-time. I went back and did some volunteer work for the 2002 olympics too. She lived on the northern edge near canyon road.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results