shape
carat
color
clarity

The Natural Sapphire Company

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tapio

Shiny_Rock
I completely trust NSC.
They have made 1/2 a dozen pieces for me and have also done excellent work. They are all in house. Except hand engraving

The proof is in the pudding. He is a comment from a 10 year Harry Winston, 3rd generation, goldsmith:

"These are very impressive pieces of craftsmanship and beauty, they give the impression of movement through excellent design -- these are extraordinarily well done, hand made, pieces. My congratulations to the creators!"

Very impressed with NSC
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news! I am glad you''ve been so pleased with their pieces.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is kinda random LOL.
33.gif

Do you work for NSC? LOL.
Glad you have had great experiance!
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope Tapio. That is a glowing report for the NSC. I believe our beloved Linda shares your opinion.

We would love to see some of your pieces if you feel like sharing.

dzop

Shiny_Rock
Brrrr..... it''s kind of shilly in this thread, isn''t it?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Y''a know I think we should give Tapio the benefit of the doubt here - for the time being.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
extremely interesting first post Tapio.
I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt, and it is mandatory to post photos here anyways - so would you care to share pics of your collection?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I dunno, I kinda think this is a plant so if someone does a google on "the natural sapphire company" this will pop up and people will think "hey it has good reviews!!".

But that is just me. *shrug*

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 7:09:13 PM
Author: Tropicgal10
I dunno, I kinda think this is a plant so if someone does a google on ''the natural sapphire company'' this will pop up and people will think ''hey it has good reviews!!''.

But that is just me. *shrug*

yes, that is exactly the meaning of a shill (mentioned above). Which is why I usually don''t bother replying and just report them to the mods.
You get them quite often in all different parts of the forum.
The fact tapio hasn''t replied is kinda a giveaway too.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It just reads so amateurish, though. Something I would expect of a second rate business, not the NSC. It does cause me to lose some respect for them.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 7:50:13 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
It just reads so amateurish, though. Something I would expect of a second rate business, not the NSC. It does cause me to lose some respect for them.

I agree LD, in my personal case a combination of threads I''ve read on here have made up my mind for me in the negative re. the NSC.
(and of course this sort of thing, if it is what we suspect, only serves to worsen that view).
40.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really don''t believe the NSC planted this post.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I agree w/Linda.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Linda. I''ve spoken with the NSC on the phone a few times over the years, emailed, etc. and I am inclined to think this is NOT something they would do themselves. In my opinion, they run a fair business. Their prices are a little high and sometimes their cuts are poor, but, that''s part of the price you pay to have the luxury of browsing through one of the largest inventories of unheated sapphires and rubies that I have come across online. Their business is selling unheated sapphires, and I think they do it well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does sound rather shrilly but I too would like to give Tapio the benefit of the doubt. A couple pictures of these 6 pieces are appreciated.
2.gif

tapio

Shiny_Rock
This is tapio trying to reply. I have tried to download many images and get "server error".

I am not a shill and will happily post images.

If you want to see some of the work being done go to the NSC website - Joe Thia -- Tie Pin -- you will see the work on line.

Tapio

3tiestickpins.jpg

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Rock Hugger. You don''t even know me and you''re pre-judging me.

Tapio

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting...I like that a green trillion in the setting on the far left. Makes me want a trillion to set with a bezel set round diamond. Very cool. TFS

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Hope you''re all happy now you can see a few of these museum pieces.
All natural, all sapphire, my own diamonds and a tsavorite from Campbell Bridges before he was ruthlessly, ambushed and murdered in Kenya. Bruce, his son, survived the machete and spear attack.
The natural stone market is nasty. If you''re on the consumer end you''ve got it easy. Why worry about a few dollars when the real risk is taken by those giving their lives to get the stones out of the mines and to the people who just pay for them.

Kudos for Campbell and Bruce Bridges and Kudos for Michael who bring these stones to us. Let us all be thankful we have these people; so we don''t have to take these life of death risks. It only goes to say -- if you want the real thing you are going to pay. If you don''t want it just go with an IF flame fusion boule. It''s a very simple decision. The boule is also much cheaper and they are all still Sio2 or C, whatever you want, it can almost be made.

Just hope your loved one never finds out you consider her to be on the same level as a laboratory specimen -- you may not have a happy partner on your hands.

Tapio

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Done, hope you''re happy.

Tapio

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Done, hope you''re happy.
GIA, AGTA certified.

Tapio

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Show your pictures. Let''s see who we''re really talking to here. I showed mine.

Tapio

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Think again "Rock Hugger"

Tapio

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much for at least giving me a chance.
It is much welcome.
Tapio

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Thank you.
This is not a P.R. cheap stunt Michael would do.
I only made this entry to help inform people there are honest sellers/dealers out there that do care and will go out of their way for you.

Tapio

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Stone Hunter,

I trust Bruce Bridges (tsavorites) as much as Michael at NCS. It is just a shame Campbell was ruthlessly and brutally murdered in an ambush by pirate claim stakers. Around August 15th, 2009.

Tapio

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tapio, thanks for the beautiful pictures. I have many pieces myself from NSC. Michael is wonderful to deal with, as was Steven Bliss and Susu. My favorite is the Padparadscha.

tapio

Shiny_Rock
My complete apologies for giving the incorrect chemical formula for corundum (any sapphire and ruby).
The correct formula is: Aluminum Oxide = Al2O3.

I also like Padparascha, but I''m not a pinky lutos kind of guy. Even the Star ruby looks like bubble gum it is a star Ruby 15 carats+ - more of red/slightly purple according to GIA, AGTA reports. It''s for my daughter she loves the red and she picked it out.
Thank you for supporting NSC. I too really like Su Su and adored Steven Bliss while he was there - loved to talk to him and still do.

The public needs to realize there is a difference goldsmiths and gemologists. Retail sales people only know what they are told and sometimes their employers don''t much. There is a difference between: natural, heat treated, fusion filled, irradiated and oiled. Buyers become knowledgeable.

Plain dark corundum is so common it is used in emery cloth as sanding paper. Diamonds are so common they are used as drills. But, gemstone qualities are different.

Check out the Southeby''s, Christie''s sales and see what real after market sales go for for diamonds, etc. and what they won''t even allow into their showrooms.

At least be honest with your loved one and if you get them a gorgeous fusion boule sapphire (IF): tell them it is a real sapphire, because it is, but let them know how it came to be. Be honest -- if you ever want to upgrade, then upgrade. If not then love it for what it is - but not for what it is not.

Note: even NSC has some heat treated pads, but they are honest about it.

Tapio

tapio

Shiny_Rock
They all sparkle - they''re my passion "stars".

Tapio

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results