shape
carat
color
clarity

The Most Beautiful Woman in the World...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I was just talking to my step-sister about David Bowie, which led inevitably to talking about Iman. Who I think is the most beautiful woman in the whoooooole world. Plus she speaks 5 languages and studied politics in college. She's also stayed married to a rock star for 15 years. AND she's 55. Iman! You rock my world!
30.gif
30.gif

Who do YOU think is the world's most stunning babe? Post a pic!

ETA: I'm sure they airbrush these... but whatever!

iman.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The title of TMBWITW popularly belongs to Aishwarya Rai.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 2:46:29 PM
Author: JulieN
The title of TMBWITW popularly belongs to Aishwarya Rai.
That''s who I thought of as well. She is jaw droppingly beautiful..

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grace Kelly, when she was young was stunning.

I also thought Vivian Leigh, Elizabeth Taylor and Ava Gardner were gorgeous as well in their day...not speaking about their bodies but their faces.

In the modern day, it is tough for me. I think a lot of the current stars are very pretty, but not sure who I think is amazing. Catherine Zeta Jones and Charlize Theron are very lovely too.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Here's Aishwarya. I concede she's a hotty. STUNNING eyes. Whoa bebe! But she's somehow almost too... classic or something. I think Iman's face has richer character, more gentleness... you wonder what she's thinking. You can imagine what her voice sounds like. When I look at Aishwarya's face I can imagine her laughing, but she somehow doesn't LOOK like she has interesting things to say. Is that weird?

aishwarya.jpg

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
In her day, Jaclyn Smith was absolutely gorgeous. She is still a beautiful woman at 50+. I would also vote for Halle Berry. I though Catherine Zeta Jones was much prettier when she was heavier.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I saw Penelope Cruz in a restaurant once (I was in the lounge, she'd been dining in the dining room with Bono!!!!) I didn't recognize Penelope when she came out until Bono came out too and the context jogged my memory, but one sight of her made me fall out of my chair. I mean, a literal knockout. It was her charisma, not just her beauty. What a woman!

ETA: I totally agree that Catherine Z-J was more beautiful when she was less skinny.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe that nobody will ever be more beautiful than these women:

Sophia Loren
Lena Horne
Liz Taylor
Ava Gardner

There was/is something about them that today''s actresses lack. They had substance as well as beauty, but so many young actresses now are nothing more than pretty faces.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
See? That''s what I mean about Iman. She looks like a Woman of Substance. Like there are 20 layers of beauty below the skin. Come to think of it, I actually don''t know all THAT much about her. She could be a horrible person for all I know!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
you mention that the pic may be airbrushed, in my opinion that is not the actual look of a 55 year old woman without photoshopping or some other sort of magic. in today''s world unless we see the person irl we don''t really know what they look like. jmho.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure no picture that''s published in a magazine is natural! They are all airbrushed! Every last one of them. There is no way that pic of Iman hasn''t been touched up. And historically, there were different means of ''touching up'' before there was digital media: changing lighting, smudging vaseline on camera lenses.... So it''s not even like the movie stars of old are laid out in their true beauty before us!

But conversely, cameras can''t really capture charisma, which is half of beauty, it seems to me. The electric quality of Penelope Cruz, even before I had any realization she was someone famous... No camera could ever capture that.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Iman is really beautiful but honestly (this is slightly embarrassing) it is always spoiled for me because I look and her and think "Ow. 98% of women in her country have had the same procedure. Ow. Ow. Ow." Followed by righteous anger.

Also (no one ever agrees with me on this) I find Cate Blanchett stunning. Also, a more conventional choice, Uma Thurman.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 3:32:15 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I believe that nobody will ever be more beautiful than these women:

Sophia Loren
Lena Horne
Liz Taylor
Ava Gardner

There was/is something about them that today''s actresses lack. They had substance as well as beauty, but so many young actresses now are nothing more than pretty faces.
Wifey2b is the hottest babe on the planet but next in line add
Marilyn Monroe to that list above.
The old time stars knew how too look sexy without being trashy.
Even when they did come off looking trashy they pulled it off with style.
these days its 90% trash and most of the actresses wouldn''t know how not too be trashy.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Michelle Yeoh (the woman --not the girl--from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) is also very beautiful I think. it's kind of different for me with women because I'm not totally sure if they are "sexy," so I think I judge more on "interesting" faces.

Audrey Hepburn !

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree that Cate Blanchet is GORGEOUS.

As for Iman and the, uh, tragic procedure, if such be true in Iman''s case, what a sad waste of, uh, David Bowie''s, er, hotness?... doesn''t the, uh, procedure negate, errrr, enjoyment? We''re probably going off into non-PS-appropriate territory here though!
38.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Isabella Rossellini

izzypic.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Why, Grace Kelly, of course.

gracekelly.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Well, without getting too specific:

There are some surgical procedures it is possible she may have had done to reduce various medical problems associated with infibulation. There is 1 new surgeon who has come out with a breakthrough new technique to restore nerves but he has to operate on the sly due to death threats from the Arab world.

There is some evidence that women having undergone the procedure can enjoy intimacy with their husbands, but no one is exactly sure of the whys and hows, for obvious reasons most women aren't chatty with their doctors about it.

I should hope respectful discussion of the topic is not breaching PS rules since it is an important global human rights issue...

ETA: how could I have forgotton Isabella Rosellini!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
GAH! Isabella Rossellini is probably Number 2 on my ''world''s most beautiful'' list. And I think Grace Kelly sets a standard for a particular kind of clean, classic beauty that no one else quite meets.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
I''ve always thought that Raquel Welch was one of the most beautiful women I''ve ever seen. I think she''s held up pretty well for her age, too.

Raquel.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
When I saw the title, the first woman that came to my mind is Sophia Loren : the embodiment of beauty with class.

Right up there on my list would be: Catherine Z-J when I first saw her in "The Return of Zorro", Charlize Theron and Penelope Cruz.

Hate to sound...ah.. "indelicate" and dated, but I''ve never heard what Iman had...er...done. I don''t suppose I''d find it on Wiki either...
20.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Actually, you would. Just google FGM, you''ll see it on Wiki and many other sources. Somalia, Ethiopia, and Egypt and among the countries with disturbingly high rates, although Egypt just made it illegal and is trying to enforce it by getting the Imams to back documents stating it is not required or condoned by Islam. They had to twist the ''Ullama''s arm a bit to get them to speak out publicly and discourage people from the practice, but good riddance I say.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the world has some gorgeous women, but I a few came to mind because of their charity work which made them remarkably beautiful woman. One is Audrey Heburn for her work as the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.

audryhep.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me, Catherine Zeta Jones. For me, she just epitomizes classic Hollywood glamour in a modern way. She never looks anything but stunning--even 8 months pregnant (remember that Oscar appearance??)--and doesn''t try to starve herself just to fit the ridiculous cocaine-thin norms of today''s celebrity set.

I find her taste in men weird (!) but she really seems to have her priorities in line. She refuses to sacrifice her family life and well-being for her career, and I have a great respect for that. Can you tell I adore her?

Anyway... I also think Rachel Weisz and Kate Winslet just scream "classic feminine beauty." Here are all of them
2.gif

catherinerachelandkate.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, Mother Theresa for her humanitarian work which makes her truly beautiful.

teresa342432.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that I'm seeing them next to each other, Kate and Rachel especially have very similar facial structures. Guess I have a "type"
3.gif

ETA: re: the airbrushing issue... every single thing you ever see of these people is airbrushed--INCLUDING supposedly "candid" shots ("Stars without their makeup!!") you see in tabs such as InTouch/People/Star/etc. Airbrush artists are quite good at what they do--whether that means making their subject look more OR LESS beautiful.

I've seen Catherine in person and was completely taken aback by her beauty. I've had several experiences like that with seeing stars in person. The most beautiful ones are made to look EVEN MORE beautiful--but that shouldn't detract from the beauty that is there to begin with.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh I love Iman However I think that Ingrid Bergman or Vivian Leigh has her beat I love old movie stars I think they are so much more beautiful than the stars today.

el060703736.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Rachel Weisz is GORGEOUS. I wish I looked like her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results