carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 12:22:18 PM
Author: winelover23
JCar - Ooooh I love camping, where are you going?

If you think flying to Minnesota is exciting then yes we are doing something exciting. All I know is that I hate to fly so I have a whole bag of comfort food packed. Large bag pretzel M&M''s - check! Large bag Gardetto''s - check! Bag of mini chewy sweet tarts - check! Kashi oatmeal dark chocolate chip cookies - check! Current US Weekly - check! And last but not least, travel Yahtzee - check!
i love those! and travel yahtzee? You are sooo my mate for travel!!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
JCar - Oh noez! Are you starting to feel betta yet? Did E pass the test? And btw my Mom and I always laugh when we go past the Salmon Le Sac sign. We like to add other words. I think you know which one. Perhaps our friend Squirlly sometimes packs them tightly in her nest for winter...

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 12:27:06 PM
JCar - Oh noez! Are you starting to feel betta yet? Did E pass the test? And btw my Mom and I always laugh when we go past the Salmon Le Sac sign. We like to add other words. I think you know which one. Perhaps our friend Squirlly sometimes packs them tightly in her nest for winter...
i sound like poo, but i actually feel better. I just cannot breathe out of my nose. and i sound like darth vader. some thinks that is sexy. I would say E passed the test since he still wanted, i mean loves me. Actually, he did great. even bought me theraflu and sudafed!! and let me eat top ramen for 3 days and not cook dinner :)

and... BAHAHAHHAAHAH about the name. yes. salmon la XXX sac.
27.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 12:22:26 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 7/1/2010 12:17:58 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 7/1/2010 12:16:03 PM

Date: 7/1/2010 12:09:58 PM

Date: 7/1/2010 12:08:18 PM
hi friends
35.gif
Hey married lady! You have 80 kids yet?

Wife - You need to be getting up on time young lady!
only 32. Totally slacking there!

Anyone have exciting plans this weekend? we''re going camping tonight!!
Ooh where to? We''re going to a wedding Saturday. DH''s BFF lives out in Carnation so I guess we''re going to his house on the 4th to blow some &^#* up.
20.gif
Boys.
ooooo i love blowing stuff up! (hahah. erm. sorry). Although i seem to be a magnet for fireworks. they just gravitate towards me once lit.

We''re going to Salmon La Sac - Cle Elum area. I love camping up there!

I missed our ST chatties. I just wish at work I could focus on here instead of work
35.gif
It''s harder to break away.

So E and I have already tested the ''in sickness and in health'' part of our vows. I caught a nasty ass cold last week that started off with a epic sore throat, then a nasel cold. Its awesome. really.
20.gif
I like saying Salmon La Sac. It makes me giggle.

Boo to your cold though, hope it goes away like magic.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Wifey how long will you be in MN?? I will miss you!! What are you bringing me back as a souvenir?

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 1:21:16 PM
Wifey how long will you be in MN?? I will miss you!! What are you bringing me back as a souvenir?
Awww honey you won''t even know I''m gone! I leave tomorrow afternoon and come back Monday. Quick trip! I have no idea what you would possibly want in Minnesota so I will just borrow a barf bag off the airplane and bedazzle it for you.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 2:57:06 PM

Date: 7/1/2010 1:21:16 PM
Awww honey you won''t even know I''m gone! I leave tomorrow afternoon and come back Monday. Quick trip! I have no idea what you would possibly want in Minnesota so I will just borrow a barf bag off the airplane and bedazzle it for you.
Okay good. I love bedazzled barf bags!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
. Hi, Small Talkers! How have you been?

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Hey there MK, I''ve been great! How are things going w/ you?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Good, good! Juggling work/school/work/portfolio, but I like having a lot on my plate. Makes me feel productive.

Who has fun plans this weekend? We''re throwing a small party, but it is super disorganized and I wont be too sad if only 3 or 4 people show up...

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Hey there MK!
35.gif
I got hit with the "OMG our house is a disaster and I must clean it" bug...so this weekend is all scrubbing and washing and whatnot for me!

Possibly with some shopping involved...
31.gif
...we need more shelves and stuff for the living room!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 9:01:29 AM
Author: vc10um
Hey there MK!
35.gif
I got hit with the ''OMG our house is a disaster and I must clean it'' bug...so this weekend is all scrubbing and washing and whatnot for me!

31.gif
Ummmm don''t we have a date or something??

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 10:26:03 AM
Author: Clairitek

Hey there MK!
35.gif
I got hit with the ''OMG our house is a disaster and I must clean it'' bug...so this weekend is all scrubbing and washing and whatnot for me!

31.gif
Oh yeah! And that!
2.gif
I promise I didn''t forget!!! I was just putting together my house "To-Do" list when I posted! OOPSIE!

Can''t wait to see you tomorrow!!!!!!!!
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
ST date!

Hi MK!
35.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 10:28:23 AM

Date: 7/2/2010 10:26:03 AM
Author: Clairitek

Hey there MK!
35.gif

31.gif
Oh yeah! And that!
2.gif
I promise I didn''t forget!!! I was just putting together my house ''To-Do'' list when I posted! OOPSIE!

Can''t wait to see you tomorrow!!!!!!!!
9.gif
Ooooook. You''re forgiven.
5.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hey Beezy....how was your day off for the holiday?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 6:02:34 PM
Author: Jessie702
omg... my bf and I didn't do anything to celebration Canada's b-day. Well, someone was passing out little flags, so I got it... that's pretty much it. HA We went dt shopping. I bought a dress from Urban Outfitter and a top from Hollister!!! $10 each!!! OMG!!! It sucks that we don't have a long weekend.

What are you going to do for 4th of July?

Another friend wants to go to Las Vegas in the summer. I told her it's around 109F there, she said.. OMG. lol

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 6:33:58 PM
Author: beezygal

omg... my bf and I didn''t do anything to celebration Canada''s b-day. Well, someone was passing out little flags, so I got it... that''s pretty much it. HA We went dt shopping. I bought a dress from Urban Outfitter and a top from Hollister!!! $10 each!!! OMG!!! It sucks that we don''t have a long weekend.

Another friend wants to go to Las Vegas in the summer. I told her it''s around 109F there, she said.. OMG. lol
Yeah, tell her not to come....today the high this afternoon wsa 102, and we thought that was nice...

We really dont have any plans, probably meet up with our freinds tommorow for breakfast, and than go out a bit at night. Sunday my mom is having a bbq...but i dont evenw ant to think of that mess. Okay, issue witht he bbq...my sister calls me yesturday and heres our phone call....please remeber i ahve two dogs, and so does she, but i still live at home with mom for a few reasons

Me: " Hey Sis...whats up"
Sis: " I need a HUGE favor from you"
me" Uh huh?"(note need favors is nothing new from her, but i never ask for anything)
Sis:" I was wondering if you could not bring your dogs over for the bbq on sunday( they stay with the bf0"
Me:"huh......"
Sis:"well im getting my little girl fixed( please also nte, she bought two yorkies from different litters so she could breed them, 1000 bucks for dogs) and i dont want her to see you dogs because she will want to play but she wont be able to because she will ahve stiches because"
Me:" well i would prefer to not leave them at home alone due to the noise of the fireworks and Ladee( my girl dogs) is terrfied of the fireworks. I dont want to leave them alone like that, espically on a holiday."
Sis:" i know, but it would kill my dog is she couldnt play with yours because of the stiches"
Me" okay and it would kill me if, ym little girl was at home alone with loud noise and she would even go outside to go pee(our neighbors always have illegeal fireworks)"
Sis" well than how about you stay at home with her, till i leave than you guys can come over"
Me:" Yeah, whatever, maybe i just wont come( i hung up)"

Please also note, that i ahve my dogs over my moms house every week, they are use to going there, and i still live there. I told me mom and im like, always we have to do somethign special for her. Even our cowrokers know this. Than my mom says to me, well maybe you or her should leave your dogs at home. I told my mom that im not leaving them, if i leave them, than im not comming over. I feel tis unfair of me to have to leave my frighten dogs because she is afraid hers will be upset because they cant play. I still live there. I get so upset because my sister ALWAYS needs a favor, or we have to amke special arrangements for her because of something. For once, i would liek to not be the one to back down. I know it would kill my mom if i didnt come, but its unfair of her to say to me, who lives there, to leave mine at thome. Espically since one of ym dogs has health issues. In a way, i feel like my holiday is going to be damped if i dont do what my sister wants, but than i cant leave my little guys. Wht would you do?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 6:54:37 PM

Date: 7/2/2010 6:33:58 PM

omg... my bf and I didn''t do anything to celebration Canada''s b-day. Well, someone was passing out little flags, so I got it... that''s pretty much it. HA We went dt shopping. I bought a dress from Urban Outfitter and a top from Hollister!!! $10 each!!! OMG!!! It sucks that we don''t have a long weekend.

Another friend wants to go to Las Vegas in the summer. I told her it''s around 109F there, she said.. OMG. lol
Yeah, tell her not to come....today the high this afternoon wsa 102, and we thought that was nice...

We really dont have any plans, probably meet up with our freinds tommorow for breakfast, and than go out a bit at night. Sunday my mom is having a bbq...but i dont evenw ant to think of that mess. Okay, issue witht he bbq...my sister calls me yesturday and heres our phone call....please remeber i ahve two dogs, and so does she, but i still live at home with mom for a few reasons

Me: '' Hey Sis...whats up''
Sis: '' I need a HUGE favor from you''
me'' Uh huh?''(note need favors is nothing new from her, but i never ask for anything)
Sis:'' I was wondering if you could not bring your dogs over for the bbq on sunday( they stay with the bf0''
Me:''huh......''
Sis:''well im getting my little girl fixed( please also nte, she bought two yorkies from different litters so she could breed them, 1000 bucks for dogs) and i dont want her to see you dogs because she will want to play but she wont be able to because she will ahve stiches because''
Me:'' well i would prefer to not leave them at home alone due to the noise of the fireworks and Ladee( my girl dogs) is terrfied of the fireworks. I dont want to leave them alone like that, espically on a holiday.''
Sis:'' i know, but it would kill my dog is she couldnt play with yours because of the stiches''
Me'' okay and it would kill me if, ym little girl was at home alone with loud noise and she would even go outside to go pee(our neighbors always have illegeal fireworks)''
Sis'' well than how about you stay at home with her, till i leave than you guys can come over''
Me:'' Yeah, whatever, maybe i just wont come( i hung up)''

Please also note, that i ahve my dogs over my moms house every week, they are use to going there, and i still live there. I told me mom and im like, always we have to do somethign special for her. Even our cowrokers know this. Than my mom says to me, well maybe you or her should leave your dogs at home. I told my mom that im not leaving them, if i leave them, than im not comming over. I feel tis unfair of me to have to leave my frighten dogs because she is afraid hers will be upset because they cant play. I still live there. I get so upset because my sister ALWAYS needs a favor, or we have to amke special arrangements for her because of something. For once, i would liek to not be the one to back down. I know it would kill my mom if i didnt come, but its unfair of her to say to me, who lives there, to leave mine at thome. Espically since one of ym dogs has health issues. In a way, i feel like my holiday is going to be damped if i dont do what my sister wants, but than i cant leave my little guys. Wht would you do?

it''s 19c here today. Sunny weather yet with some wind. Are you jealous? lol

Can you two still bring your dogs and just separate them? I don''t know, like create a fence outside? Of course you''ll go to the bbq. You have to go! It''s FUN... but BBQ when it''s 102F outside, I dunno about that.
32.gif
You will not leave your dogs at home especially they''re scared of fireworks. I only have a lovebird, BB. My neighbour across the street is building a new house. Some days, the construction noises are so loud that BB would be so scared. I had to pet her and whisper in her ears to calm her down. So, you shouldn''t leave your dogs at home knowing that they''ll be scared. If you go to the BBQ without your dogs, you''ll be worried about them the entire time.

I guess I''ll never understand the sibling thing, since I''m the only child! is she an older sister?
25.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Yes she is my oldest, but she acts like the baby. Your right i would be worried about my babies, but shes being so stubborn about her dogs, that i honestly might now come. BBQ''s are fun, but if im worried about my dogs, or dealing with my sisters attitude it wont be fun. Id have more fun at thome watching a movie with C and eating stuff we make ya know. Im sorrya botu your bird...i understand the animals talking. LoL...must be nice to be a only child. I have 4 sister, 1 brother, 2 GodSisters, and 4 Godbrothers........so a big family.....

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 7:46:03 PM
Yes she is my oldest, but she acts like the baby. Your right i would be worried about my babies, but shes being so stubborn about her dogs, that i honestly might now come. BBQ''s are fun, but if im worried about my dogs, or dealing with my sisters attitude it wont be fun. Id have more fun at thome watching a movie with C and eating stuff we make ya know. Im sorrya botu your bird...i understand the animals talking. LoL...must be nice to be a only child. I have 4 sister, 1 brother, 2 GodSisters, and 4 Godbrothers........so a big family.....

You will not compromise, ok? Are you the youngest? I always wish I have siblings... (older siblings only.. lol) but.. all my friends who have siblings want to be the only child. Do you guys have Monday off too? My calendar says it''s independence day in the US.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 8:26:14 PM

Date: 7/2/2010 7:46:03 PM

You will not compromise, ok? Are you the youngest? I always wish I have siblings... (older siblings only.. lol) but.. all my friends who have siblings want to be the only child. Do you guys have Monday off too? My calendar says it''s independence day in the US.
I will to not comprise.....yes, im off monday, i am so happy

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
not fair!!! i want a long weekend too!!!

Oh well, most of the students are away for the summer, I shouldn''t be complaining.
31.gif
I have more time to bake and clean the house, which I did today. I love baking, but.. I don''t really like to eat what I bake. Not that they taste bad, I just enjoy the process of baking. My dad, my bf, and his dad can eat them. I baked Snickerdoodles today. Not bad!!! I LOVE LOVE cinnamon.
30.gif

Do you like to bake?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
HeHe...come here and you can!!

Okay we must be twins, because i LOVE to bake....i bake everything too. Im always the baker in the family....i make some of the best macroons....i think thats what i love to bake because everyone loves them. I actually got some professional baking pans because i wanted to try to take a baking class at school for wedding cakes.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 9:23:16 PM
HeHe...come here and you can!!

Okay we must be twins, because i LOVE to bake....i bake everything too. Im always the baker in the family....i make some of the best macroons....i think thats what i love to bake because everyone loves them. I actually got some professional baking pans because i wanted to try to take a baking class at school for wedding cakes.
omg!!! you have to help me with something then. My bf''s b-day is next Tuesday. Every year, I''ll bake him a cake. I made cheesecake a few times and last year I made a chocolate angel cake. This year, he doesn''t want another cheesecake. I love cheesecake. I think this year, I''ll make an upside down cake. I''m going to make a strawberry one though. What do you think? Do you have another good idea for a cake? THANK YOU!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oh my! i just saw the new forum layout! kinda sweet!

How was everyone's 4th? Do you all still have your fingers and toes?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
It has JUST switched over to PS2 for me here, It looks pretty sweet. ::)

I'm not in the US so no 4th of July celebrations for me but I did have a rather interesting day; My sister and I had a fist fight in my parents house (it was a long time coming and it felt really good to give her a smack) and my BF told my dad that he wants to marry me.

I also went on a interview at a jelwery store yesterday which I think went really well so have my fingers crossed that I'll soon be employed :))

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Beezy, i am so sorry i didnt see your post on friday. A good choice that i love to make is either Red Velvet Cake, and German Chocolate...hehe...i love chocolate. So how was your weekend?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
no problem! You must have lots of fun over the weekend.

This weekend, I didn't do much. My bf and I went to his friend's house for Icon Chef. It was fun. After that, we surprised him with a birthday cake. Today is my bf's b-day, so yesterday I baked a strawberry upside down cake. It looks pretty good.

How was your weekend? What happen to the dogs? I'm anxious to find out what you guys did.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay, the strawberry upside down cake sounds soo good....you are gonna have to send me that reciepe...
Im glad you two had a good weekend. Ive only watched Iron Chef a few times so i dont really get the concept.

My holliday weekend, was good allt he way up to the hoilday. My sister throw a huge fit, and we got into a fight, in front of my SO, he is used to it, but i said no. This was the last family function i attend. My sister throw such a fit that she packed up her stuff and her dogs, and left. But what got me was i didnt understand why my dogs couldnt stay and her too, they were in a play pen, and mine were int he other room. So my sister threw a big Fit, i got upset, almost left. The only reason why i stayed was,, because my grandmother asked me to, and because i had friends on the way. THATS the only reason. So skip forewared to my sister leaving, our friends finally came, and we finally sat down to dinner, i had to make myself a drink. It was such a awful night that all i could do was cry. It ruined my whole holiday weekend, to the point of my SO saying no, thats it no more. Espically since i do lots of thigns for my family and they dont even appreciate it. I mean, it even ruined my day off. The SO and i didnt do anything the next day and he just comforted me.Than i called my grandma that day too, and she said that she was gonna talk to my mom, because she does this all the time. Ha....like she will even see. O, and did i mention my mother didnt eventalk to me for the rest of the night. Instead of trying to talk to me, and find out what was the truth, she ignored me, and didnt say a single sentence, to me. Even when i think about it now, it still upsets me, like im at work trying not to cry. Sorry for being a downer... :cry:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results