shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Work/School is a hard combination. Glad you are able to come back. Maybe we can get ST living again.

35.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Vive la Small Talk!
35.gif

Can I get Diet Coke to sponsor my life? Or maybe at least my workday?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2010 4:27:06 PM
Author: misskitty
Vive la Small Talk!
35.gif

Dream big. Go for the full calorie Coke.
3.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Vive la Small Talk!
35.gif

It''s not impossible....what''s in it for them?
2.gif

Anyone sen The A-Team Movie? It''s realeased today over here and BF and I are going tonight. I need to mentally prepare myself if it''s crap.

I can''t stop shopping. Lately for some reason I have money and I have been pooring it all into my clothing budget. Every time I stop I find somthing else I "need" to make my wardrobe really work. Right now I "need" a $400 leather jecket, some long black or white tank tops and a silver chain necklace.

At least it''s not shoes.
20.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2010 6:26:53 PM
Author: 4ever

Vive la Small Talk!
35.gif

It's not impossible....what's in it for them?
2.gif

Anyone sen The A-Team Movie? It's realeased today over here and BF and I are going tonight. I need to mentally prepare myself if it's crap.

I can't stop shopping. Lately for some reason I have money and I have been pooring it all into my clothing budget. Every time I stop I find somthing else I 'need' to make my wardrobe really work. Right now I 'need' a $400 leather jecket, some long black or white tank tops and a silver chain necklace.

At least it's not shoes.
20.gif
I haven't seen it but it looks like people either love it or hate it. (and a lot seem to hate it)

IMDB "The A-Team"

Take a look at their discussion board.

ETA: I've seen stuff that had LOTS of negative comments and really enjoyed it so the discussion board is not always accurate. It is a good place to get a feel for what the movie is.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I''m not THAT concerned about it but I think BF is going to be VERY dissapointed if it''s not great. He was a big fan of the show when he was little and has been looking forward to the movie since it was announced.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2010 7:12:36 PM
I''m not THAT concerned about it but I think BF is going to be VERY dissapointed if it''s not great. He was a big fan of the show when he was little and has been looking forward to the movie since it was announced.
I hope he enjoyed the movie.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TP, he did. It''s gets a thumbs up from both of us.

I actually found the characters in this version FAR less anoying then the original.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2010 6:22:50 PM
Thanks TP, he did. It''s gets a thumbs up from both of us.

I actually found the characters in this version FAR less anoying then the original.

LOL.

Glad you both enjoyed it.

One of our favorite movies to watch is Gods and Generals. If you haven''t seen it, it is very worth it. Kind of long but very good.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient - are you still doing the 30 Day Shred?

I am loving it! Did Level 1 for about two weeks and am on my 5th day of Level 2, which completely kicks my butt.

Was just wondering if you kept up with it and continued seeing success.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2010 12:46:38 PM
Author: CurlySue

I am loving it! Did Level 1 for about two weeks and am on my 5th day of Level 2, which completely kicks my butt.

I made it through 9 days but sprained my ankle.
39.gif
Not sure if it was doing the 30DS or in dance lessons with FI.

It has been about 2 weeks now since I was able to make it through and I''m really looking forward to getting back to it. My ankle is still sore but only swells up if I am really active.
I''m hoping to get back to 30DS by the end of this week. (I''m at least going to give it a try tomorrow even if I have to skip some of the jumping stuff)

Keep at it! You can kick level 2.

How are you feeling?

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 1:20:22 PM
Author: TooPatient

Date: 6/15/2010 12:46:38 PM
Author: CurlySue

I made it through 9 days but sprained my ankle.
39.gif
Not sure if it was doing the 30DS or in dance lessons with FI.

It has been about 2 weeks now since I was able to make it through and I''m really looking forward to getting back to it. My ankle is still sore but only swells up if I am really active.
I''m hoping to get back to 30DS by the end of this week. (I''m at least going to give it a try tomorrow even if I have to skip some of the jumping stuff)

Keep at it! You can kick level 2.

How are you feeling?
Agh - a sprained ankle. That is no fun at all. Take it easy get back into things!

Initially, I was a little skeptical about doing a DVD workout. I never thought I would like it, since in the past, I''ve preferred to be outside playing a sport or running or something. But there was just so much positive press/feedback about 30DS (including your BWW post about starting it - so thanks again!), I had to look into it.

I have to say - I feel amazing, and I started seeing a difference in the definition in my arms and abs (my trouble spots) within a week of starting it.

I haven''t been this motivated to work out and stick to a workout since I trained for a marathon five years ago. The fact that it''s efficient, inexpensive, and gets results is hard to beat. So 30DS gets two big thumbs up from me!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad it is working for you. I know what you mean about DVD workouts...
14.gif

I don''t think I would have kept at it -- and plan to go back for more -- if I hadn''t seen the results like that. My arms and stomach started to be less jiggly so quickly. Plus weighing myself daily and seeing a lower number each day... And I just FELT better. So much more energy.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to buy some new clothes for work/school
32.gif

My classes for summer & fall quarters (and probably all quarters after that) are going to be in person. From the end of June until December I''m going to be taking a class in the morning and then going to work right after so I can''t just wear jeans to school.

I hate shopping for clothes
38.gif
... but thanks to all of you on PS I actually want to
6.gif
like shopping for clothes.

Aaaaeeeeekkkkkkk!

For now I''m just getting a feel for what is out there. It looks like Penney''s + some of the outlet stores near us are going to be the best way to go.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hey Beezy, you should like my type of girl
31.gif
....you wouldnt happen to live on the wes coast of the Us? LoL....so much of what you say sounds like myself. What do you do for work by the way?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 2:40:07 PM
Author: Jessie702
31.gif
....you wouldnt happen to live on the wes coast of the Us? LoL....so much of what you say sounds like myself. What do you do for work by the way?
heeheee.. we''re very similar. I''m on the west coast.. but in Canada.

I''m a piano teacher. I study music all my life and got a degree in music too. What about you???

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 3:00:39 PM
Author: beezygal

31.gif

I''m a piano teacher. I study music all my life and got a degree in music too. What about you???
O dang....was hoping you would be closer. LoL...

Thats cool about you being a piano teacher, my father was a jazz pianist and thats how he met my mother. Luckily for me, i got his love of music, i just sing better than i play
7.gif

I work for a funeral home selling Pre-arranged funerals and im going back to school for my teaching degree specializing in special ed and theatre

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 3:08:07 PM

31.gif

Thats cool about you being a piano teacher, my father was a jazz pianist and thats how he met my mother. Luckily for me, i got his love of music, i just sing better than i play
7.gif

I work for a funeral home selling Pre-arranged funerals and im going back to school for my teaching degree specializing in special ed and theatre
Sometimes I''ll go to the state and shop!!! You ever come up to Canada?

You''ll be a teacher too.
9.gif
That''s cool your dad was a jazz pianist. Jazz piano is hard. How about your mom? a singer?

how is it like working for a funeral home? I''ll probably cry all the time. I tear up about almost everything lol.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 3:13:06 PM

Date: 6/30/2010 3:08:07 PM

31.gif

7.gif

Sometimes I''ll go to the state and shop!!! You ever come up to Canada?

You''ll be a teacher too.
9.gif
That''s cool your dad was a jazz pianist. Jazz piano is hard. How about your mom? a singer?

how is it like working for a funeral home? I''ll probably cry all the time. I tear up about almost everything lol.
Actually i ahve never been to Canda, but the SO and i talk about having ahome up there for Summer Months. LoL...its hot as Hell in vegas during the summer. We actually are thinking about makig a trip up there maybe in a year. Maybeill come your way.

Yep, im so excited to go to school an finish up my degree.Yes, she was a singer. She actually sang for him for a bit.

Actually working at a funeral home is comedy MOST of the time. We always get strange characters in here, and people dropping in all the time. Than you hear funny things at funerals....we are usualy laughing here unil it gets super busy. I usually only cry when its a baby or child. Thats the hardest loss, or a little old couple who have been married for forever, and the spouse is left alone to live. O man, that makes me cry. Its funny, cuz i thought i would always cry all the time, but you dont. Its more difficult to deal with the smell sometimes, than the people
32.gif

So where do you teach? Do you enjoy it, and why teach instead of perform?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 3:26:40 PM

Actually i ahve never been to Canda, but the SO and i talk about having ahome up there for Summer Months. LoL...its hot as Hell in vegas during the summer. We actually are thinking about makig a trip up there maybe in a year. Maybeill come your way.

Yep, im so excited to go to school an finish up my degree.Yes, she was a singer. She actually sang for him for a bit.

Actually working at a funeral home is comedy MOST of the time. We always get strange characters in here, and people dropping in all the time. Than you hear funny things at funerals....we are usualy laughing here unil it gets super busy. I usually only cry when its a baby or child. Thats the hardest loss, or a little old couple who have been married for forever, and the spouse is left alone to live. O man, that makes me cry. Its funny, cuz i thought i would always cry all the time, but you dont. Its more difficult to deal with the smell sometimes, than the people
32.gif

So where do you teach? Do you enjoy it, and why teach instead of perform?
I wanted to go to Las Vegas instead of Hawaii in Aug. My bf said it''s sooooooo hot in Las Vegas, go during christmas time. I''m excited about all the outlet malls and shows in Vegas.
I teach privately at home. I teach a little bit at the community center nearby. I love teaching piano. Most of the kids are very adorable. You get little gifts and they''ll pick little flowers for you. I had a girl who hugged me and said "I love you." Sometimes it can be tough. You know, most of the kids don''t practice.

I never like performing. I get nervous. I''ll do it no problem if I have to, like in school for recitals. I got tendinitis on my left wrist during the first year of university. Music program at the university is pretty advanced so you have to practice a lot. That''s why it screwed up my wrist. It hurts once in awhile still. Sometimes if I hold something heavy or twist it at a weird angle, it hurts. I mean, I never like performing anyways, so it all works out I guess. My bf teased me that we can get a handicap parking permit. BAD!
25.gif

any scary stories at work?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
awwwwwww. that is so sweet. I love the kids bring you flowers. Im pretty sure you get lots of kids who dont pratice.
I am so sorry about your wrist. Thats just awful, and i know how imporant your wrist, and fingers are to a musician.

Yeah, got some scary stories. Actually a few months ago, i was at work, and went to the bathroom. Well i was done washing my hands, and turned the water off. I went back to my desk and like 4 minutes later, i hear this tinking sound. I had to turn off the music, and sat and listened trying to firgure out what it was. As i was sitting there, all of a sudden, i hear water and it sounds like it was turned on full blast! I walked bakc into my bathroom, and the water was turned on full blast! The sink was almost full, and i had just turned off the water 5 minutes earlier. It freaked me out

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 5:49:09 PM
awwwwwww. that is so sweet. I love the kids bring you flowers. Im pretty sure you get lots of kids who dont pratice.
I am so sorry about your wrist. Thats just awful, and i know how imporant your wrist, and fingers are to a musician.

Yeah, got some scary stories. Actually a few months ago, i was at work, and went to the bathroom. Well i was done washing my hands, and turned the water off. I went back to my desk and like 4 minutes later, i hear this tinking sound. I had to turn off the music, and sat and listened trying to firgure out what it was. As i was sitting there, all of a sudden, i hear water and it sounds like it was turned on full blast! I walked bakc into my bathroom, and the water was turned on full blast! The sink was almost full, and i had just turned off the water 5 minutes earlier. It freaked me out
OMG!!!! That''s so scary!!! I''ll be pissing in my pants. lol

Tell you something very embarrassing. I went to university in another province and I lived alone in an apt for a few years. The thing I scare the most is GHOST. My bf thinks I''m silly. He doesn''t believe in ghosts. I don''t know if I believe in it, but you never know. Since the rent is inclusive, no need to pay for electricity, my bathroom light / hallway light are always on. I''ll always turn on the TV or the radio at night. I''m sorry for wasting energy. Please forgive me everyone!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 5:54:03 PM

Date: 6/30/2010 5:49:09 PM

Tell you something very embarrassing. I went to university in another province and I lived alone in an apt for a few years. The thing I scare the most is GHOST. My bf thinks I''m silly. He doesn''t believe in ghosts. I don''t know if I believe in it, but you never know. Since the rent is inclusive, no need to pay for electricity, my bathroom light / hallway light are always on. I''ll always turn on the TV or the radio at night. I''m sorry for wasting energy. Please forgive me everyone!
It scared me, and i dont scare easily with spirits.

LoL....theres nothing wrong with that. Everyone is afraid of something, and working in a funeral home, i believe in Ghost and spirits. I was afraid of ghosts, to the point of sleeping with lights on in my bed room, and i would leave the hall way lights on so i could see if there were shadows. My mom would wake up and all the lights would be on.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 5:59:22 PM

Date: 6/30/2010 5:54:03 PM

It scared me, and i dont scare easily with spirits.

LoL....theres nothing wrong with that. Everyone is afraid of something, and working in a funeral home, i believe in Ghost and spirits. I was afraid of ghosts, to the point of sleeping with lights on in my bed room, and i would leave the hall way lights on so i could see if there were shadows. My mom would wake up and all the lights would be on.
omg.. we''re like twin sisters...

Vegas must be HOT HOT HOT right now? When is the BEST time to go?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Haa...we must be twins

Hot is a understatement. It is Awful....people always say that, you cant tell the difference between 100 and 105, and thats true, but you can tell a difference between 100 and 109. Right now, the Temp is 108!! At night, the ground just radiates heat. It feels like someone turned on a huge blow dryer, and left it on full blast!

I think the best time to come is November/December. Its cool and starting to get cold. Its not as windy as October. Usually in November a light jacket is enough. Also, more towards the end of Decemeber you need a heaveir jacket. I know we got snow/slush this year. Not on my side of town, but the other side, the snow stuck. I think our Low was like low 30''s, i believe. People seem to think that its Warm and Blamy in the winter here, but thats not true. We get snow usually every 2 to 4 years.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 6:10:02 PM
Haa...we must be twins

Hot is a understatement. It is Awful....people always say that, you cant tell the difference between 100 and 105, and thats true, but you can tell a difference between 100 and 109. Right now, the Temp is 108!! At night, the ground just radiates heat. It feels like someone turned on a huge blow dryer, and left it on full blast!

I think the best time to come is November/December. Its cool and starting to get cold. Its not as windy as October. Usually in November a light jacket is enough. Also, more towards the end of Decemeber you need a heaveir jacket. I know we got snow/slush this year. Not on my side of town, but the other side, the snow stuck. I think our Low was like low 30's, i believe. People seem to think that its Warm and Blamy in the winter here, but thats not true. We get snow usually every 2 to 4 years.
I'm one of those ppl. Sometimes I see people's pictures on facebook. They're in Vega in Dec and wearing skirt and short. One of my friends are going to Las Vegas soon... mid-July. It will be soooooo hot for her. We get lots of rain here!!! LOTS and LOTS!!!

It's so hot there, people usually have AC in the house? What do you wear? Bikini all day long? It's so hot.. you can't really wear anything huh?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 6:14:07 PM

Date: 6/30/2010 6:10:02 PM
Haa...we must be twins

I think the best time to come is November/December. Its cool and starting to get cold. Its not as windy as October. Usually in November a light jacket is enough. Also, more towards the end of Decemeber you need a heaveir jacket. I know we got snow/slush this year. Not on my side of town, but the other side, the snow stuck. I think our Low was like low 30''s, i believe. People seem to think that its Warm and Blamy in the winter here, but thats not true. We get snow usually every 2 to 4 years.
I''m one of those ppl. Sometimes I see people''s pictures on facebook. They''re in Vega in Dec and wearing skirt and short. One of my friends are going to Las Vegas soon... mid-July. It will be soooooo hot for her. We get lots of rain here!!! LOTS and LOTS!!!

It''s so hot there, people usually have AC in the house? What do you wear? Bikini all day long? It''s so hot.. you can''t really wear anything huh?
See, I like Rain. I wish we got more. The ones who are hre in Dec wearing Skirts and shorts are the ones Locals laugh it. Mean yes, but you would think people who check to see what the weather would be like before going on vacation.
Yeah your freind is gonna say its hot. July and August are our hottest month. I know that bakc in 2005 it was 117 one day.

Yes, everyone has a A/C here, you cant survive unless oyu have one. Sometimes the homes have 2 A/c Units. Also, a lot of people have celing fans or standing fans to help. It helps save on the power bill, when the fan is going because it helps circulate the air.
HaHa, no we wear clothes. At least for work
31.gif
. No seriously we wear clothes. Actually a lot of locals try to stay in as much as possible during the day. I know that SO and I become little Hermits in the summer, and you usually see me at night only, unless i have to go to work. Than when i do go out its usualy shorts, haha, and my family makes fun of me, cuz i dont like the sun, its so intense here, i usually go out with like a light weight jacket. My mom alwyas says" your legs never see the day light, thats why the glow in the dark"

So whats it like there besides rainy?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 6:29:04 PM

See, I like Rain. I wish we got more. The ones who are hre in Dec wearing Skirts and shorts are the ones Locals laugh it. Mean yes, but you would think people who check to see what the weather would be like before going on vacation.
Yeah your freind is gonna say its hot. July and August are our hottest month. I know that bakc in 2005 it was 117 one day.

Yes, everyone has a A/C here, you cant survive unless oyu have one. Sometimes the homes have 2 A/c Units. Also, a lot of people have celing fans or standing fans to help. It helps save on the power bill, when the fan is going because it helps circulate the air.
HaHa, no we wear clothes. At least for work
31.gif
. No seriously we wear clothes. Actually a lot of locals try to stay in as much as possible during the day. I know that SO and I become little Hermits in the summer, and you usually see me at night only, unless i have to go to work. Than when i do go out its usualy shorts, haha, and my family makes fun of me, cuz i dont like the sun, its so intense here, i usually go out with like a light weight jacket. My mom alwyas says'' your legs never see the day light, thats why the glow in the dark''

So whats it like there besides rainy?
well... the summer here is not really hot. For the whole summer, 1-2 weeks will be really hot during the day. Then it will rain for some weeks. Then we''ll have few weeks of cool weather. No matter how hot it is here, it''s always chilly in the morning and at night. We don''t get lots of snow here at all. If we''re lucky, maybe once a year. We have usually wet snow, the snow never really stay on the ground for more than 1 day here.
19.gif
One time, I built a snowman and the next day RAIN!!!
29.gif
Sometimes we''ll have no snow at all. A few weeks ago, it was sunny in the morning, then cloudly, then hail stones, then windy, then rainy, then clear sky all in one day. Crazy weather

When do you think your SO will propose?
31.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
o..yeah that is a lot of rain. I dont think i would want that much rain.

Honestly, i dont know. When i joined the list, voer a year ago, i thought he would propose within a few months, and now those few months have rolled over into a year. Im hoping he asks before next year, even thought he waiting is killing me. If could pick when he proposed, i would say in September when we go to visit my fathers grave in Arizona. I havent been back to Arizona since my father passed away in 2004, and its way overdue. We are actually making a special trip out of it, a long weeknd, and taking our dogs with us. It would be a perfect weekend, but i highyl doubt it will happen. Or if i could choose, i would say maybe during a football game...we both love football.

When do you think your SO will propose. How long Have you been together?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 7:16:08 PM
o..yeah that is a lot of rain. I dont think i would want that much rain.

Honestly, i dont know. When i joined the list, voer a year ago, i thought he would propose within a few months, and now those few months have rolled over into a year. Im hoping he asks before next year, even thought he waiting is killing me. If could pick when he proposed, i would say in September when we go to visit my fathers grave in Arizona. I havent been back to Arizona since my father passed away in 2004, and its way overdue. We are actually making a special trip out of it, a long weeknd, and taking our dogs with us. It would be a perfect weekend, but i highyl doubt it will happen. Or if i could choose, i would say maybe during a football game...we both love football.

When do you think your SO will propose. How long Have you been together?
sorry about your dad.

Ever since I got a pair of Hunter rainboot from the states, I'm always excited when it's raining. I only paid $50 USD for them. GOOD DEAL!!! I love nordstrom rack... anyways...

We've been together for almost 6 years. 6 years in July 24. We were doing long distance for the first few years because I was starting university and he was doing law school in different school. It was tough, but I'm glad we've made it. I think he'll propose by July 24. My mom won't be back until July 18. I'm guessing he'll propose between July 18-24. Last year on our 5-yr anni, I had a meltdown. I was upset that he wasn't ready for marriage after 5 years of dating. We know we'll get married eventually at the beginning of the relationship, but he just wanted to do it just yet. I told him if I'm still not engaged by our 6-yr, I'll probably have a meltdown and cry the whole night. He's like "ugh... I don't want that to happen AGAIN..." You know we "broke up" for a day last winter. He wasn't ready to get married and I kept on nagging. (bad idea) Then, after we broke up for a day, he realized how much he can't live without me. He then said I can pick out the ring I want.. under one condition... not to nag him about getting engaged and stuff. DEAL! It was so emotional. I'm glad the "breakup" did happen.

How long have you guys been together?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results