shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Elle, I tried on a 4.5 K/L and it was totally swoon-worthy. I think it would probably face up about the same colour as a your J. I love the warmer colours. (To the point where I see them next to a D and say, "Why would anybody go that white?" Which I think puts me in the hall of fame for ridiculous thoughts about diamonds...)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:42:17 PM
Author: princesss
Elle, I tried on a 4.5 K/L and it was totally swoon-worthy. I think it would probably face up about the same colour as a your J. I love the warmer colours. (To the point where I see them next to a D and say, ''Why would anybody go that white?'' Which I think puts me in the hall of fame for ridiculous thoughts about diamonds...)

Wow. 4.5! Huge!!

I can say the warmth bugs me just a *tiny* bit when its in the right lighting, but only because I put it in a white metal setting. Had I picked a yellow gold setting, I could safely say I''d never notice the warmth. I like warm diamonds, but now I realize I like them better in warm settings.

My diamond is more sentimental than a well-researched purchase, so I love the crap out of it, even though its not very well cut!
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Currently eyeing the Cole Haan "Air Ceci" peep toe pumps. Dyeable, 3 inch heel, and SUPER comfortable...

To splurge or not to splurge...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:53:27 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 7/28/2009 2:42:17 PM
Author: princesss
Elle, I tried on a 4.5 K/L and it was totally swoon-worthy. I think it would probably face up about the same colour as a your J. I love the warmer colours. (To the point where I see them next to a D and say, ''Why would anybody go that white?'' Which I think puts me in the hall of fame for ridiculous thoughts about diamonds...)

Wow. 4.5! Huge!!

I can say the warmth bugs me just a *tiny* bit when its in the right lighting, but only because I put it in a white metal setting. Had I picked a yellow gold setting, I could safely say I''d never notice the warmth. I like warm diamonds, but now I realize I like them better in warm settings.

My diamond is more sentimental than a well-researched purchase, so I love the crap out of it, even though its not very well cut!
2.gif
Yeah, I can see that. I''d really like one of GOG''s new cuts (the OEC-style ones, not the chunky cushions) in the J/K/L range. It''d probably be under a carat, though, so I won''t hesitate to pop that baby in a WG or platinum James Meyer a la coati.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Dude I spent like an hour on ericagrace.com last night drooling over OECs. Mmmm and color?! What color?!
18.gif

Jessie, not eating is a surefire way to gain weight, as princesss said. It will also make you look bigger because your body eats the muscle you have to stay energized. So gain weight, lose muscle, pretty much the opposite of the goal, yeah?
2.gif
I have never understood the logic behind not eating, but I get hungry after 3 hours.
3.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:56:15 PM
Currently eyeing the Cole Haan ''Air Ceci'' peep toe pumps. Dyeable, 3 inch heel, and SUPER comfortable...

Splurge.

Do you own any cole haan shoes? I have the Genevieve air pump in peep toe, and i
30.gif
them.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 3:37:08 PM
Author: TheBigT

Date: 7/28/2009 2:56:15 PM
Currently eyeing the Cole Haan ''Air Ceci'' peep toe pumps. Dyeable, 3 inch heel, and SUPER comfortable...

Splurge.

Do you own any cole haan shoes? I have the Genevieve air pump in peep toe, and i
30.gif
them.
I do not. But I want.
39.gif

I''ve heard they''re *super* comfortable, but the only review on Zappos says they''re not.
33.gif
These would be wedding shoes, so they need to be comfy!

Cheaper at Bloomingdales than Zappos, anyhow! Weird!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Yes, i know not healthy, but familys comming in. Well i did eat, wasnt feeling well, had a chicken sandwich and a yogurt..
18.gif
....ill do better later.

Goodness 4.5....i would so be happy wwith 2.5 carats....just kidding i need 3!....lol....
23.gif
......no seriously, i just need a carat or a carat in a half. My God Sister has 3 carats for the center stone and about another 2.5 in the setting, its crazy gorgeous
31.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
So it was a UTI. And it''s gotten much much worse in the last 3 hours. Good thing I went to the doctor and got a prescription and picked up some cranberry pills to take in the future... I just wish the medicine would work faster than it probably will
40.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
wow, ST is moving fast today! i got the worst migraine today and ended up falling asleep for a while. my sleeping schedule is so screwy!

elle! yay for J getting the job he wanted!
36.gif
seriously, it's so awesome to hear something like that...especially with the economy nowadays.

Bia, i'm glad you two talked and things are getting better. yeah, ruts are totally non-sexy but i'm glad vacation time is here! btw, your list of food made me drool...i'm so hungry!

jcar, all those other places sound awesome for a HM. i hope the talk with the apt. complex went well!

sending some *DUST* for a 90%+ on your paper Freke!

sunny, i LOVE jewels by erica grace too. i was looking last night at a loose OEC's for a possible pendant...seriously gorgeous.

i'm go glad you went to the DR Lilac. thank goodness you didn't wait any longer, but i hope you feel better soon!

princesss, i'm totally the same way when i hear people talking about their rings. i'm always looking excitedly at them and going, "....AND????" omg, i'm TOTALLY loving GOG's new OEC's!!! i was drooling last night over the video comparison with the chunky cushion and H&A RB.
30.gif

i'm with you on warmer colors...here's a pic of my mom's 4.17ct L VVS1 halo on my hand.

ETA: woohoo! BF and i are finally going to go see Harry Potter tonight! i just bought 2 tickets on Fandango and that cost me $24?! *SIGH*

momhaloband2.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:19:50 PM
Ha! Freke, I know that feeling of just wanting to get a passing grade as long as the stupid paper is FINISHED! If you''re already at 80 without revisions or editing, I''m sure you''ll be able to break 90 if you fix the errors and maybe arrange a few things differently so it looks to her as though you''ve made some changes. When is your semester over?

Princesss... SO TRUE! Screw diamond size, we want the important stats!
31.gif
Thursday!

I added a whole other paragraph, so she''d better be happy with that!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And SPLURGE!

I have one of the first Nike high heels. They are a bit weird, but way comfier than other heels.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Vip I just passed out!!! That''s a gorgeous ring!
30.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
wow.... vip thats stunning... I actually really like warmer colors so that looks spectacular

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
so HP was pretty good. i have mixed feelings about the ending and was like "what? that''s it?". i''m looking forward to the final 2 part installments now!

elle, i love the new avatar! your kitty is beautiful!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Elle, you always have the most adorable avatars of your little kittah!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 2:16:31 AM
Author: vip0802
so HP was pretty good. i have mixed feelings about the ending and was like 'what? that's it?'. i'm looking forward to the final 2 part installments now!

elle, i love the new avatar! your kitty is beautiful!
Argh! Ditto! I was bummed about the ending too!

Thanks! He's my baby.
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 7:37:14 AM
Author: ckrickett
Ha. Yeah. He''s quite a ham.
2.gif

Ck, for the longest time I thought your av was a herd of cattle. NO idea why. Now that I see it''s your dog on his back, A. It makes more sense. B. I can''t figure out how I thought that was a herd of cattle.
33.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 8:26:04 AM

Ha. Yeah. He's quite a ham.
2.gif

Ck, for the longest time I thought your av was a herd of cattle. NO idea why. Now that I see it's your dog on his back, A. It makes more sense. B. I can't figure out how I thought that was a herd of cattle.
33.gif
Because his head and one of his legs (?) looks sort of like horns...kinda?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 8:46:47 AM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 7/29/2009 8:26:04 AM

Ha. Yeah. He''s quite a ham.
2.gif

Ck, for the longest time I thought your av was a herd of cattle. NO idea why. Now that I see it''s your dog on his back, A. It makes more sense. B. I can''t figure out how I thought that was a herd of cattle.
33.gif
Because his head and one of his legs (?) looks sort of like horns...kinda?
Ha. I guess? Honestly, once I found out what it was, I couldn''t see what I saw before. I''ve really been trying to!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
morning
24.gif

I did NOT want to get out of bed today. The AC was pumping, I was all snuggly warm under the comforter and my pooch was lying next to me. Heavenly
30.gif

But, only today and tomorrow and I''m out of here!
36.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Morning ladies!

Bia, I feel ya! We''ve got a fan and the ac going on in our bedroom. Our kitties like to snuggle with us too...it''s the most relaxing thing!

So I''ve decided to hold off on either the peridot ring and pendant for my b-day. There''s going to be a gem show on the 15th so I''m going to see if they''ve got something better.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Morning, ladies!

So, I do visual setups/artsy type things for a certain retail store to make some extra cash while I''m in school, and today''s project is kind of...I don''t know. It involves taking books (real books) and hot-glueing them to stuff for a back-to-school kind of setup. I originally thought they''d buy (or I''d make) fake book covers with empty pages inside, but it turns out they ordered in a shipment of real ones. Anyone else kind of hate the idea of ruining a real book? I know that the store paid for them, and they can do whatever they want, but I just feel bad destroying books.
7.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:01:07 AM
Author: misskitty
Morning, ladies!

So, I do visual setups/artsy type things for a certain retail store to make some extra cash while I''m in school, and today''s project is kind of...I don''t know. It involves taking books (real books) and hot-glueing them to stuff for a back-to-school kind of setup. I originally thought they''d buy (or I''d make) fake book covers with empty pages inside, but it turns out they ordered in a shipment of real ones. Anyone else kind of hate the idea of ruining a real book? I know that the store paid for them, and they can do whatever they want, but I just feel bad destroying books.
7.gif
Totally! I don''t even like getting rid of books (always donate them to the library), forget destroying them! Did you mention it to them?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t know until a few minutes ago that they were real books
7.gif

I''m going to see what I can do. Maybe there''s a way I can do this that doesn''t really destroy the books; maybe I can limit the glueing to the covers, and they can donate the books after it''s all over. I''m just kind of making a
33.gif
face at how they came up with this idea.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
morning ladies!! talk never happened with the apartment *grr*. I have to wait until thursday. gosh i want a two bedroom sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. the complex "wont" let me rent two places at one time though, so we cannot overlap our apartments time, which is lame becuase it would only be for two weeks and they would be getting extra money. LAME.

we saw Harry Potter last night to escape the heat. this is the first time in history i ever went to a theater and did not complain about the cold.

today is supposed to get to 103 today. i am talking my dog to my parents since they have A/C.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:18:36 AM
Author: jcarlylew
morning ladies!! talk never happened with the apartment *grr*. I have to wait until thursday. gosh i want a two bedroom sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. the complex ''wont'' let me rent two places at one time though, so we cannot overlap our apartments time, which is lame becuase it would only be for two weeks and they would be getting extra money. LAME.

we saw Harry Potter last night to escape the heat. this is the first time in history i ever went to a theater and did not complain about the cold.

today is supposed to get to 103 today. i am talking my dog to my parents since they have A/C.

LOL--we did the same thing yesterday (except we saw "Away We Go"). It got up to 108 yesterday and is supposed to be even hotter today. The Pacific Northwest is not supposed to be this hot!!!
14.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:33:08 AM
Author: ladypirate

LOL--we did the same thing yesterday (except we saw ''Away We Go''). It got up to 108 yesterday and is supposed to be even hotter today. The Pacific Northwest is not supposed to be this hot!!!
14.gif
i know! its just... WRONG.
we might actually spend the night at my parents, now that i think of it.

gah!! too hot!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Seriously! I''ve never been excited to come to work. Ahhh beautiful AC.
16.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
LP, how was Away We Go? I really kind of maybe want to see that.

Morning, all!

One of my friends got engaged!! I''m super excited for her. Didn''t get close enough to look at the ring (we were at practice so she had to take it off), but it looks like a princess on a pretty blingy band. Yay!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results