clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:06:28 AM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 7/28/2009 11:04:48 AM

Author: TheBigT

What area of the country are you in that no one needs A/C?! I'm moving there!!!
haha. the PNW. except for this week. again i repeat. hot. as. balls.

hmm. chicken pasta or cereal for breakfast?

chicken pasta!

i seriously just had some leftover pasta for breakfast...our fridge and pantry are getting empty. apparently, BF doesn't know how to grocery shop w/o me
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:08:17 AM

Date: 7/28/2009 11:06:28 AM

Date: 7/28/2009 11:04:48 AM

What area of the country are you in that no one needs A/C?! I''m moving there!!!
haha. the PNW. except for this week. again i repeat. hot. as. balls.

hmm. chicken pasta or cereal for breakfast?
Chicken pasta, of course. Need some protein!!

I love the PNW. But I''m afraid if I lived there my hair would permanently turn into one big frizzball.
DITTO!

I''d have to get it thermally reconditioned/japanese straightened to live there.

I wish I could afford it for the frizzy Puerto Rico honeymoon!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never tried this, but I''ve always wanted to.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:14:15 AM
I''ve never tried this, but I''ve always wanted to.
It has good reviews, but I''d be terrified to try it at home!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
It''s not humid here at all though. Isn''t that the frizz factor?

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve always wanted wavy/curly hair myself...my hair would never hold a curl

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:16:56 AM
Author: sunnyd
Oh. I thought it rained all the time up there. Oops.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, but if it gets hot enough, I get sweaty under my hair, and that moisture will make my hair frizz.
20.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:18:05 AM

Everyone thinks that. Not true. It rains more in Portland.
2.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:18:08 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Yes, but if it gets hot enough, I get sweaty under my hair, and that moisture will make my hair frizz.
20.gif
Me too. Even in winter when it''s really cold and dry outside, if I''m on the train and it gets really hot, I sweat and the hair poofs up.

vip - it always seems to go that way! grass is greener on the other side, and all that jazz.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:20:34 AM

2.gif
39.gif
i feel so ignorant!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:22:41 AM

2.gif
39.gif
i feel so ignorant!
yep! even rains more in chicago too!

i went with otter pops for breakfast. nice and refreshing.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:22:41 AM

2.gif
39.gif
i feel so ignorant!
Hehehe it''s okay!!! Our seasons are turning more into seasons instead gray, grayer, less gray, and sometimes sunny. It''s amazing!
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:03:59 AM
Hey Bia - How are things with you and FI now? Did you get over your bump OK?
We talked and things are better. This vacation is here right on time because we both really need one. We went to Philly for the weekend to visit my brother and we had a really good time--reconnected you could say. Things have been much better, and much more affectionate. I think that was what I was missing most because he''s such an affectionate person by nature. Not cuddling was tripping me out!
39.gif

The other stuff we have to work on--ruts are SO NOT SEXY!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Can I have your chicken salad then?
18.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea with the cranberry pills - I hate hate hate cranberry juice but I had seen the pills when I had the first infection 2 months ago and totally forgot about them. Maybe I can go to the drugstore now and get some.

Anyone know if they can interfere with birth control pills? Probably not, right? I know they always say to check with your doctor for all medication and some vitamins to make sure they don''t interfere, but cranberry pills wouldn''t count for that right?

And I probably should start this sooner rather than later... I actually had this last year, didn''t take care of it, got a kidney infection, got sick with a terrible stomach infection as a result of the medication, ended up in the hospital last year. You would think I would learn my lesson. Alright time to not be lazy and call my doctor and then go to the drugstore.....

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, Lilac! Please do take care of yourself!! Don't they have home-testing strips that can tell you if you have a UTI? Wonder if they are accurate at all.

ETA: something like this?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:29:58 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 7/28/2009 11:03:59 AM
Hey Bia - How are things with you and FI now? Did you get over your bump OK?
We talked and things are better. This vacation is here right on time because we both really need one. We went to Philly for the weekend to visit my brother and we had a really good time--reconnected you could say. Things have been much better, and much more affectionate. I think that was what I was missing most because he''s such an affectionate person by nature. Not cuddling was tripping me out!
39.gif

The other stuff we have to work on--ruts are SO NOT SEXY!
I''m glad you reconnected. Sexy always follows cuddly... so cuddly is a good start.
2.gif

FI and I are having sexy issues too. I think I have to reinstate the NO LAPTOP/TV rule at least once during week. They are seriously intimacy suckers.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:31:44 AM
Author: Lilac
Great idea with the cranberry pills - I hate hate hate cranberry juice but I had seen the pills when I had the first infection 2 months ago and totally forgot about them. Maybe I can go to the drugstore now and get some.

Anyone know if they can interfere with birth control pills? Probably not, right? I know they always say to check with your doctor for all medication and some vitamins to make sure they don''t interfere, but cranberry pills wouldn''t count for that right?

And I probably should start this sooner rather than later... I actually had this last year, didn''t take care of it, got a kidney infection, got sick with a terrible stomach infection as a result of the medication, ended up in the hospital last year. You would think I would learn my lesson. Alright time to not be lazy and call my doctor and then go to the drugstore.....
Extremely doubtful. It''s just powdered cranberry. Ugh, UTIs are the worst, hope it goes away quickly! Next you feel it coming on, start popping pills and it won''t even get to the painful part. And remember to pee after DTD!!
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:30:30 AM
18.gif
LOL

no. i am eating it now. saawwy

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:36:28 AM

Date: 7/28/2009 11:30:30 AM
18.gif
LOL

no. i am eating it now. saawwy
38.gif

9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
to bad i have no more sangria left either
32.gif

i love having days off during the week.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oh elle - i forgot to mention we''re going PR for our honeymoon too! my parent are grandfathered in with a time share company, so we can get a week for free :)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
W00t!

FI got the job he wanted!
36.gif

BIG raise!
31.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:35:20 AM

Extremely doubtful. It''s just powdered cranberry. Ugh, UTIs are the worst, hope it goes away quickly! Next you feel it coming on, start popping pills and it won''t even get to the painful part. And remember to pee after DTD!!
9.gif

I always do!! But for some reason I guess it doesn''t always work? I don''t know. I didn''t have a bad UTI until after we got married (and we waited to have sex until marriage) and now suddenly I have 2 in 2 months. Assuming this is a UTI. Which maybe it isn''t. I hate going to the doctor when I don''t know if something is wrong because I feel stupid when they tell me I''m fine.

The last UTI I got started about an hour after I got on a flight home from our vacation in California and by the time we landed I was in so much pain I could barely stand up straight. In the space of 5 hours it went from not hurting at all to being so agonizing and burning and painful I couldn''t even sit without crying. But this time it''s not nearly as bad, so I don''t know if its just a less serious UTI or if it''s not one at all.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:46:46 AM
W00t!

36.gif

BIG raise!
31.gif

Congrats!!! That''s great news!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:46:31 AM
oh elle - i forgot to mention we''re going PR for our honeymoon too! my parent are grandfathered in with a time share company, so we can get a week for free :)
Sweet! Are you going during Hurricane Season like me??
2.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:47:00 AM

I always do!! But for some reason I guess it doesn't always work? I don't know. I didn't have a bad UTI until after we got married (and we waited to have sex until marriage) and now suddenly I have 2 in 2 months. Assuming this is a UTI. Which maybe it isn't. I hate going to the doctor when I don't know if something is wrong because I feel stupid when they tell me I'm fine.

The last UTI I got started about an hour after I got on a flight home from our vacation in California and by the time we landed I was in so much pain I could barely stand up straight. In the space of 5 hours it went from not hurting at all to being so agonizing and burning and painful I couldn't even sit without crying. But this time it's not nearly as bad, so I don't know if its just a less serious UTI or if it's not one at all.
There is a phenomenon known as "Honeymoon Cystitis" (google it!) -- or the UTIs that women especially tend to get when they're having (more) sex. So, I guess you're in a pretty common situation!

ETA: But it still sucks, and I'm sorry you were in so much pain!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:46:46 AM
W00t!

36.gif

BIG raise!
31.gif
HOooraay!!!! congrats to J!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:47:00 AM

Date: 7/28/2009 11:35:20 AM

9.gif

I always do!! But for some reason I guess it doesn''t always work? I don''t know. I didn''t have a bad UTI until after we got married (and we waited to have sex until marriage) and now suddenly I have 2 in 2 months. Assuming this is a UTI. Which maybe it isn''t. I hate going to the doctor when I don''t know if something is wrong because I feel stupid when they tell me I''m fine.

The last UTI I got started about an hour after I got on a flight home from our vacation in California and by the time we landed I was in so much pain I could barely stand up straight. In the space of 5 hours it went from not hurting at all to being so agonizing and burning and painful I couldn''t even sit without crying. But this time it''s not nearly as bad, so I don''t know if its just a less serious UTI or if it''s not one at all.
Yikes, ouchie!
7.gif
They say to pee before too, because all the rubbing gets bacteria all up in there. If you''re peeing knives every 5 minutes, it''s a UTI. That''s how I know...
40.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results