Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:46:46 AM
Author: elledizzy5
W00t!

FI got the job he wanted!
36.gif

BIG raise!
31.gif
YAY!!! Lots o'' money to get lots o'' tiramisu!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:48:17 AM

Date: 7/28/2009 11:46:31 AM
Author: jcarlylew
oh elle - i forgot to mention we''re going PR for our honeymoon too! my parent are grandfathered in with a time share company, so we can get a week for free :)
Sweet! Are you going during Hurricane Season like me??
2.gif
nah, we''re going in may :)
infact, i am looking at places now. any suggestions?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:59:04 AM

oh elle - i forgot to mention we''re going PR for our honeymoon too! my parent are grandfathered in with a time share company, so we can get a week for free :)
2.gif
LOL elle lives dangerously.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I will call the doctor and see if I can get an appointment. Worst thing that can happen is he tells me there''s nothing wrong and I wasted a $15 co-pay. Maybe it''s worth it to see the doctor anyway before we go on our honeymoon in 2 weeks - knowing me, I''ll get a UTI in Hawaii and not know where to go. Maybe my doctor can give me some medicine in advance just in case that happens (although I don''t know if he would do that...)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're staying at Casa Flamboyant (In the freaking rainforest!) Room balcony overlooks a waterfall.

We're also staying at Numero Uno in San Juan/Ocean Park... beach front. Literally steps to it.

I linked them earlier in the thread... we wanted to stay at more B&B style places rather than big hotels. The rainforest place has 2 doggies that will show you around the grounds and take you down to the river! How cool is that???

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:56:48 AM
Author: TheBigT

W00t!

36.gif

BIG raise!
31.gif
LOL you know us all too well!
11.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 12:01:28 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 7/28/2009 11:59:04 AM

2.gif
LOL elle lives dangerously.
She does!

October isn''t *too* likely a time for a hurricane, so we''re taking our chances.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 12:01:45 PM
We're staying at Casa Flamboyant (In the freaking rainforest!) Room balcony overlooks a waterfall.

We're also staying at Numero Uno in San Juan/Ocean Park... beach front. Literally steps to it.

I linked them earlier in the thread... we wanted to stay at more B&B style places rather than big hotels. The rainforest place has 2 doggies that will show you around the grounds and take you down to the river! How cool is that???
DOGGIESS

sold. im looking though my parents timeshare company right now. one company is mostly US/mexico. not PR
7.gif
but hawaii, and we've never been there before. so that might be a choice for us.

we stayed at the marriot in PR. right on the beach, the rooms were great and it was a blast, even if for one night. but i know we want to have something with a kitchette so we can cook a couple of our meals too.

ETA - looking through RCI now, and they have stuff in the virgin islands!!! how sweet would that be?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 12:06:39 PM

Date: 7/28/2009 12:01:45 PM
We''re staying at Casa Flamboyant (In the freaking rainforest!) Room balcony overlooks a waterfall.

We''re also staying at Numero Uno in San Juan/Ocean Park... beach front. Literally steps to it.

DOGGIESS

sold. im looking though my parents timeshare company right now. one company is mostly US/mexico. not PR
7.gif
but hawaii, and we''ve never been there before. so that might be a choice for us.

we stayed at the marriot in PR. right on the beach, the rooms were great and it was a blast, even if for one night. but i know we want to have something with a kitchette so we can cook a couple of our meals too.

ETA - looking through RCI now, and they have stuff in the virgin islands!!! how sweet would that be?
Yes. Doggies. I can''t freakin wait.
30.gif

Regardless, JCar... you have some great options for a HM. I might pick Hawaii, because its probably the most expensive of all options, and it is ALWAYS gorgeous weather there. Since you''re getting timeshare help, it would help the cost A LOT, and you may want to visit it while you have an awesome way to save yourself some money!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 12:13:11 PM

Yes. Doggies. I can''t freakin wait.
30.gif

Regardless, JCar... you have some great options for a HM. I might pick Hawaii, because its probably the most expensive of all options, and it is ALWAYS gorgeous weather there. Since you''re getting timeshare help, it would help the cost A LOT, and you may want to visit it while you have an awesome way to save yourself some money!
totally. which is why i am considering going back to the BVI, or USVI again.
although my *new* uncle does own a home over there too, so essentially we could go there after the wedding as well.

ugh - time to go talk to the apartment complex about getting into a two bedroom. wish me luck!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 10:32:06 AM
Yes, headbands are my best friend.
20.gif

Seriously B, if you know of stuff to eat, PLEASE tell us. We want a more 'off the beaten path' experience. We don't want to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe, if you catch my drift.
2.gif
Neither of us have ever been to PR.

So you have MV in a week, and PR next Feb??? That is AWESOME!
Okay, things you MUST eat:

Mofongo (mashed plantain with garlic and spices topped with your choice of stewed shrimp, pork, beef, chicken, etc.)
Tostones (crispy fried plantain - MY FAVORITE salty snack...make them all the time at home)
Arroz con gandules (rice w/ pigeon peas)
Arroz con habichuelas (rice & beans)
Pernil (roast pork - too good to pass up even if you don't like a lot of red meat)
Pasteles (hard to find but they are tamales made of plantain and stewed meat)
Fried fish & fresh seafood (calamari salad with onions, lemon, cilantro...so good)
Bacailito Fritos (Cod fritters - So good!)
Fresh Avocado (it really does taste better in the Caribbean)
Piragua (which is essentially a snow cone but they have so many different flavors and usually all natural)
Fresh Agua de Coco (Coconut water - they'll open a freezing cold coconut for you right there on the beach and give you a straw
18.gif
)
Guayabana milkshake (my favorite but they'll have all types of flavors)
Canepas (a fruit that grows all over the place there...once you figure out how to eat them, they are addictive!)

Really the list goes ON. This is just my list of MUSTS. Also, the hole in the wall spots are usually where the best native food is, as a lot of the hotels do fusion/trendy (really good, just not always as authentic).

Pictures
31.gif

I'm HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif

eta: Hmmmm...pictures didn't work
11.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:56:48 AM
Author: TheBigT

W00t!

36.gif

BIG raise!
31.gif
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Mmm, PR food! My roommate in college was from San Juan, and she cooks the most marvelous things. Bia, your list is making me salivate!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 12:19:54 PM
Author: Bia

Mofongo (mashed plantain with garlic and spices topped with your choice of stewed shrimp, pork, beef, chicken, etc.)
Tostones (crispy fried plantain - MY FAVORITE salty snack...make them all the time at home)
Pernil (roast pork - too good to pass up even if you don''t like a lot of red meat)
Fried fish & fresh seafood (calamari salad with onions, lemon, cilantro...so good)
Piragua (which is essentially a snow cone but they have so many different flavors and usually all natural)
Fresh Agua de Coco (Coconut water - they''ll open a freezing cold coconut for you right there on the beach and give you a straw
18.gif
)
Guayabana milkshake (my favorite but they''ll have all types of flavors)
Canepas (a fruit that grows all over the place there...once you figure out how to eat them, they are addictive!)

Really the list goes ON. This is just my list of MUSTS. Also, the hole in the wall spots are usually where the best native food is, as a lot of the hotels do fusion/trendy (really good, just not always as authentic).

Pictures
31.gif

I''m HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif

eta: Hmmmm...pictures didn''t work
11.gif
We''re available this Friday for dinner. What time should we get to your house?
2.gif
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 12:19:54 PM

Date: 7/28/2009 10:32:06 AM
Yes, headbands are my best friend.
20.gif

Seriously B, if you know of stuff to eat, PLEASE tell us. We want a more 'off the beaten path' experience. We don't want to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe, if you catch my drift.
2.gif
Neither of us have ever been to PR.

So you have MV in a week, and PR next Feb??? That is AWESOME!

Pernil (roast pork - too good to pass up even if you don't like a lot of red meat)
Fresh Agua de Coco (Coconut water - they'll open a freezing cold coconut for you right there on the beach and give you a straw
18.gif
)
Guayabana milkshake (my favorite but they'll have all types of flavors)

Pictures
31.gif

I'm HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif

eta: Hmmmm...pictures didn't work
11.gif
Soo.... hungry.....
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

I copy/pasted this list to FI!

ETA: I need to brush up on my (nonexistant) Spanish.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Elle what job did he get? I''m really happy for him!!!
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 12:44:17 PM
Elle what job did he get? I''m really happy for him!!!
36.gif
He got a job as web developer at Annarbor.com. Its a newsblog that just launched last week, and is replacing the Ann Arbor News, which went out of business just recently.
7.gif

He''s super excited since he''s the only IT/Developer there, and he''ll be able to call his own shots. He definitely marches to his own beat.
2.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Morning Ladies....Thanks for the dust, i so need it.....LoL......maybe the dust can help with the engagement too!

Lilac- i dont know if you have a target near your home, but at target they have a OTC medicine for UTI, you can take it just to be ont he safe side and save 15 bucks. Also, drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Juice and water are your friends right now.

Elle- Congrats to you and your boyfriend. Getting a job right now is hard and to find one is a blessing.

Bia- your list is making me hungry and im not eating this week, well at least not today, tommorow, or Thursday! Gotta get another 5 lbs before family comes into town. *sigh8 and i love fried plantains.....i had them for the very first time in Fl, this feb. when C took me, and i can tell you im like craving them, like a drug addict!

Jcar- Did you get the two bedroom apartment?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 8:49:56 AM
Morning everyone!
35.gif

LOL Freke.. how much more do you have to write?? My goodness!

Glad your weekend outdoors was better than mine, LP! Sounds like fun!
It''s about ten pages. 6 journal reviewed articles. Compare and contrasting them. It''s all written, but I sent it into her night before last, and she sent it to me with revisions and a grade of 80% last night (which, really, isn''t that bad considering I wrote it, didn''t proofread AT ALL, just sent it to her. There were a few "withing"s instead of "within"s...), so I revised it last night and shipped it back to her, and I probably won''t get a response until later tonight, in which case, depending on what she gives me on that, I may revise again or I may not.

I''m hoping for a NOT. Because I''m tired of it. I don''t know how the heck FI, and other grad students, can write 20-100 page papers. It sucks.

And really, I just want to pass the class. I probably could have with the 80%, but figured it wouldn''t take too long to make the revisions she was asking for, so yeah.

Fingers crossed I get a 90% or so on this last version.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elle!!! Yay for J and his new job!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
WOOHOO FOR J!!!

Forgive the drive-by posting, but I thought y''all would get a kick out of this:

You know you''re a PSer when....you find out your boss is going to propose, and you hear the ring is "either 2.2 or 3.2 carats" and you think, "Yeah, okay, but what about the CUT?"

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! Freke, I know that feeling of just wanting to get a passing grade as long as the stupid paper is FINISHED! If you''re already at 80 without revisions or editing, I''m sure you''ll be able to break 90 if you fix the errors and maybe arrange a few things differently so it looks to her as though you''ve made some changes. When is your semester over?

Princesss... SO TRUE! Screw diamond size, we want the important stats!
31.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 1:41:49 PM
Author: Jessie702
Morning Ladies....Thanks for the dust, i so need it.....LoL......maybe the dust can help with the engagement too!

Lilac- i dont know if you have a target near your home, but at target they have a OTC medicine for UTI, you can take it just to be ont he safe side and save 15 bucks. Also, drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Juice and water are your friends right now.

Elle- Congrats to you and your boyfriend. Getting a job right now is hard and to find one is a blessing.

Bia- your list is making me hungry and im not eating this week, well at least not today, tommorow, or Thursday! Gotta get another 5 lbs before family comes into town. *sigh8 and i love fried plantains.....i had them for the very first time in Fl, this feb. when C took me, and i can tell you im like craving them, like a drug addict!

I think it''s multi-purpose dust, Jessie. It works for everything.
2.gif

And Jessie... EAT, woman! Not healthy, and you''re not really losing any weight that won''t come back after you start eating again. I know that feeling of needing to drop a few before the fam comes in. (My mom can be a little snotty if I don''t look thin) But seriously, if you just eat healthy food, and about 1500 calories, you will be in a much better place. It''s not healthy to skip meals! You know that!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Freke, you''re just reminding me why I am glad to have a break from school. No papers for a while!

Elle, I seriously sat there and thought, "Okay, really, that''s nice. But...stats? What if he didn''t do research??? How can you not do research????" I got very worked up about this.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:22:43 PM
Author: princesss
Freke, you''re just reminding me why I am glad to have a break from school. No papers for a while!

Elle, I seriously sat there and thought, ''Okay, really, that''s nice. But...stats? What if he didn''t do research??? How can you not do research????'' I got very worked up about this.
I think as PSers we all take diamond purchases very seriously!
3.gif

It takes all my energy to see a woman''s new diamond and not ask for the stats that I love so much!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:09:28 PM
WOOHOO FOR J!!!

Forgive the drive-by posting, but I thought y''all would get a kick out of this:

You know you''re a PSer when....you find out your boss is going to propose, and you hear the ring is ''either 2.2 or 3.2 carats'' and you think, ''Yeah, okay, but what about the CUT?''
YUP!

I stopped in a jewelry store this past weekend (we went to a lovely riverside town in PA for the day) to browse and get ideas (and to get my ring cleaned for free
9.gif
hehe). The lady in there had a 9ct cushion that looked like a dud. I asked her about it and she was all "yes it''s 9cts blah blah blah...it''s for sale if you want it...this way my hubby can upgrade it for me." I thought to myself, I wouldn''t trade my lovely-but-ever-more-petite diamond for that 9ct hunk of glass...forget pay for it! My ring sparkled 1000 times more. And now I know I will go custom because they don''t have diddly in many of those stores. I couldn''t find ONE setting that I liked!

She also said it was an I, but I have an H and my ring looked so much whiter. Could it be the size?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:22:23 PM

Date: 7/28/2009 1:41:49 PM
Author: Jessie702

I think it''s multi-purpose dust, Jessie. It works for everything.
2.gif

And Jessie... EAT, woman! Not healthy, and you''re not really losing any weight that won''t come back after you start eating again. I know that feeling of needing to drop a few before the fam comes in. (My mom can be a little snotty if I don''t look thin) But seriously, if you just eat healthy food, and about 1500 calories, you will be in a much better place. It''s not healthy to skip meals! You know that!!
So true, honey. So, so true. If you don''t eat enough, your body holds onto every little thing you give it and you actually gain weight. Plus, the strain you put on your body to drop a few pounds that quickly is not worth it. Please don''t put your body and your heart through that stress just because some people are coming that may or may not comment. Really. Much better to perfect you one-finger salute than to hurt your body like that.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Bia, larger stones do show warmth more than smaller stones, so you generally want to go whiter with larger stones unless you really really love warmer colours.

I saw a 2 ct included dud of a stone at one maul store, and she kept talking about how it was something to look forward to for a milestone anniversary, and I kept thinking to myself that there was no way I''d want to admit to working hard for that piece of frozen spit.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:33:04 PM
Bia, larger stones do show warmth more than smaller stones, so you generally want to go whiter with larger stones unless you really really love warmer colours.

I saw a 2 ct included dud of a stone at one maul store, and she kept talking about how it was something to look forward to for a milestone anniversary, and I kept thinking to myself that there was no way I''d want to admit to working hard for that piece of frozen spit.
Agreed. Mine is 2.17 and it''s a J, and you can definitely see the warmth in certain lights!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results