color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
orientation got done early!

my body hates me
38.gif
where''s the DIY hysterectomy kit. i want it. and i want it now.

elle- pretty ring
princess- hugs!
jcar- pretty! and it looks like you won''t have to pay to get it hemmed
9.gif
(which is why i decided not to try those lovely lace beauties of dresses on. i am not vertically gifted.)
DG- i''m glad your b-day went well, and dust does seem to be in order for you
31.gif

BEG- sorry about those cuties, but i can''t wait to see pics of the ones you end up with!
CK- w00t!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

vip-
29.gif
when i worked at a doughnut shop i did have people who were confused as to what doz meant. not nearly as bad as lb though. i second the making their orders extra spicy thing
misskitty- definitely in bad taste. i think you should ask her when the kids''ll be born
27.gif

B-hope your hangover is gone!

sorry if i missed anyone. anyone have a scalpel? please?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Man, I did a lot of wedding stuff today. Tentatively booked a venue--we''ve been out there several times, but never looking at it for a wedding, so I want to look at it again before we put down the deposit. We got the last Saturday available all summer (and it was only available because someone canceled!). I''m going to go look at it tomorrow morning and then go back with FI on Sunday.

Elle, I love your ring! I can''t wait to see it with your e-ring!

misskitty, I would be HELLA pissed about that. I like your idea, though.
11.gif

Bia, good luck with venues! It''s a b**** and a half to find one.
38.gif

CristinaRuns26.2

Rough_Rock
Hi, fellow LIWs
35.gif

I'm jumping into this thread. Might as well, seeing as I was, erm, eavesdropping on a phone conversation with BF and his mom, and I have to tell someone!

I heard the door close to his office earlier this evening, after BF started talking to his mom. I thought it was strange that he closed the door, usually he talks to her right in front of me, no problem. I then heard him saying, "She likes the round cut," (I have told him that I want a round brilliant solitaire for my stone) and that, "Yeah, I've been looking at different Web sites."

I couldn't make out the rest of the conversation, and I wanted to hightail it away from the door before it magically opened and he found me standing there, snooping
11.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know, I shouldn't have eavesdropped. But I am so nosy.

He tells his mom pretty much everything, even if he is a guy of few words. My mom and his mom get along well, so I'm taking them both out to lunch this Friday, since the three of us happen to be on vacation at the same time. I'm hoping future MIL will drop hints, but she's good at keeping secrets
1.gif

Just had to share! I'm going to read the latest posts in this thread and catch up, but right now I'm watching True Blood. Anyone else a fanatic of this show?
9.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 7:32:00 PM
Author: CristinaRuns26.2
Hi, fellow LIWs
35.gif

I''m jumping into this thread. Might as well, seeing as I was, erm, eavesdropping on a phone conversation with BF and his mom, and I have to tell someone!

I heard the door close to his office earlier this evening, after BF started talking to his mom. I thought it was strange that he closed the door, usually he talks to her right in front of me, no problem. I then heard him saying, ''She likes the round cut,'' (I have told him that I want a round brilliant solitaire for my stone) and that, ''Yeah, I''ve been looking at different Web sites.''

I couldn''t make out the rest of the conversation, and I wanted to hightail it away from the door before it magically opened and he found me standing there, snooping
11.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know, I shouldn''t have eavesdropped. But I am so nosy.

He tells his mom pretty much everything, even if he is a guy of few words. My mom and his mom get along well, so I''m taking them both out to lunch this Friday, since the three of us happen to be on vacation at the same time. I''m hoping future MIL will drop hints, but she''s good at keeping secrets
1.gif

Just had to share! I''m going to read the latest posts in this thread and catch up, but right now I''m watching True Blood. Anyone else a fanatic of this show?
9.gif

oooooo DUST! glad you scurried out of there in time
9.gif

and i''m afraid i don''t watch tv so i have no idea what you''re talking about. other than it apparently involves blood that is not false
33.gif

CristinaRuns26.2

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 7:59:32 PM
Author: Squirrly

oooooo DUST! glad you scurried out of there in time
9.gif

and i''m afraid i don''t watch tv so i have no idea what you''re talking about. other than it apparently involves blood that is not false
33.gif
LOL
9.gif

True Blood is a show on HBO, related to vampires, which takes place in Louisiana. It''s got gratuitous sex, cursing and a lot of good looking men - what more could one ask for? The show is based on the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 7:32:00 PM
Author: CristinaRuns26.2
Hi, fellow LIWs
35.gif

I''m jumping into this thread. Might as well, seeing as I was, erm, eavesdropping on a phone conversation with BF and his mom, and I have to tell someone!

I heard the door close to his office earlier this evening, after BF started talking to his mom. I thought it was strange that he closed the door, usually he talks to her right in front of me, no problem. I then heard him saying, ''She likes the round cut,'' (I have told him that I want a round brilliant solitaire for my stone) and that, ''Yeah, I''ve been looking at different Web sites.''

I couldn''t make out the rest of the conversation, and I wanted to hightail it away from the door before it magically opened and he found me standing there, snooping
11.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know, I shouldn''t have eavesdropped. But I am so nosy.

He tells his mom pretty much everything, even if he is a guy of few words. My mom and his mom get along well, so I''m taking them both out to lunch this Friday, since the three of us happen to be on vacation at the same time. I''m hoping future MIL will drop hints, but she''s good at keeping secrets
1.gif

Just had to share! I''m going to read the latest posts in this thread and catch up, but right now I''m watching True Blood. Anyone else a fanatic of this show?
9.gif

How exciting!!! Yay!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 4:22:55 PM
Author: CurlySue
Wow. Hey, ladies! I haven''t been near a computer for the last 10 days or so, so... this is the first time I''ve signed on since before the 4th. Holy cow. Not sure I''m going to be able to catch up on everything!

Congrats to CK on the new job - really happy for you!

Elle - count me among those who love your wedding band.

JCar - that dress looks absolutely lovely on you!

MissKitty - if I got that invitation, I would probably just be amused by it... unless she''s always making a big deal about it. Then I would be annoyed, but probably wouldn''t say anything about it.

vip - I have to admit that I sometimes do number 3 on your list... but I am a good tipper!!! So maybe that makes up for it??

B.E.G. - umm... I am allergic to cats, but wow - those little cuties are ridiculous! Did I read correctly that you can''t get them?
8.gif

Topo - you got engaged (saw the other thread)! Congrats!

I probably missed a bunch of other stuff... ugh.

lol I''m allergic too.
3.gif
I can get one of the newborn ones - did I post those? Oh I must have updated the Bengal thread only - I FOUND KITTENS!!!!!!!!!! I placed a deposit today on two Bengal kittens from Hunters Ridge in FL. They''re 4 days old! My Bengal thread has pics of the kittens - I''m getting two boys, Kipling and Dante. And page 7 of that thread has pics of the first litter by the same parents (this is their 2nd litter) and how those kittens looked at 5-6 months.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 1:11:57 PM
Author: jcarlylew

the dress?
here it is on me. nevermind the poopy face i am making. my mom has a knack for moving the camera right when she is taking a picture when i am making a bad face. go figs.

oh my mom said the BEST thing while dress shopping
''honey, i know this is bad to say..but the girl next to you just did not look good in any of the dresses''

i love my mom.
SEXY lady...

that dress looks glorious, and I have a feeling it will only look better once all the final fittings are done!
and if you find another dress... I do think the lace route is a good one.... I loooove lace

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 2:54:56 PM
Author: TopoDazzle

Date: 7/13/2009 2:26:07 PM
Author: vip0802
I should also mention that they snapped their fingers and did the ''come here'' finger gesture to me.

GOOD GOD!!
See... I hate the effin food industry.
When people did that to me I ignored them, yes my tip flew out the window but I didn''t care.
AND!!!
One girl I worked with had a customer SLAP her hand when she went to refil his water.... I would of been fired because the remainder of that glass would have been thrown in his face.
29.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 3:45:02 PM

Date: 7/13/2009 2:26:07 PM
Wow, I love how busy this thread is! I''m sorry I didn''t have a chance to read all the new topics, but I need a little mid-day vent about things that are bugging me right now:

1. People that don''t tip! If you can''t afford to tip, don''t eat out!

2. Snooty prissy girls that complain about every little thing and expect to be served like they''re at a 5 star restaurant. Umm, hello! It''s a sports bar! Wings are not meant to be eaten with a fork & knife! edit: I should also mention that they snapped their fingers and did the ''come here'' finger gesture to me. Ok seriously?! I''m not your dog and if you''re gonna be dis-respectful, expect that I''ll do the same back.

3. People that insist on getting a glass of water along with their soda or beer, and then they don''t even touch it.

4. People that call in a to-go order without knowing what they want. Do you really need me to read the whole freakin'' menu over the phone?!

5. The guy that ordered 2lbs of wings and referred to it as: ''2 labels of wings'' instead of 2 pounds.

Ugh, is the day over yet? I hope you all are having a better day!

oh but wait, there''s more!

6. The couple that ate ALL of their food and then complained that they didn''t like it, and refused to pay their bill. After a bit of arguing, I threatened to call the cops for theft of service. They paid but didn''t tip. Cheap bastards!
oh VIP.. I understand. I JUST quit my bartending job and I waitressed/bartended for 5 years. its a miserable thankless job.
I hope your day ended well

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
beg & squirrly - thanks for the compliments on the dress! actually, i might have to get it hemmed unless i find the perfect height shoes that also will do well in park/back yard. its also about $400 over my price range.

yarg!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning!!
35.gif

Woo hoo, LP! Glad the wedding planning is starting to move along now. Waiting patiently for the future dress pics....
11.gif

Cristina... sounds like things are moving along quite nicely!
27.gif

Jcar - That is sucha pretty dress! Don''t worry... all of my dress try-on photos have ridiculous faces in them.
20.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Morning all.

Jcarly, love the dress! More pictures, more pictures!!

Morning, Elledizzy. Any news on the egg front?

Nice work, LP -- the venue sounds like it was the biggest hurdle for you!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 9:13:19 AM
Author: TheBigT
Morning all.

Jcarly, love the dress! More pictures, more pictures!!

Morning, Elledizzy. Any news on the egg front?

Nice work, LP -- the venue sounds like it was the biggest hurdle for you!
Morning, BigT!

No news yet, still waiting to hear back if my eggs are "jewish enough"
3.gif

Excited to see the new Harry Potter tonight at midnight, though!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
35.gif
Good morning ladies!

Jcarly, I agree about the faces, I don''t think its possible to make a normal one in those pics, but LOVE the dress.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday. Painters are working on my building this morning. So lovely to wakeup to the sound of men clomping around on the roof at 7 am.
24.gif
23.gif

Going on a coffee run now.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
So, I''ve been on the hunt for a great pair of black flats, and I think I may have found them!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Topo, that is not a pleasant way to wake up. I would have been super annoyed!

BigT - Ahem, pics?
11.gif

elation

Rough_Rock
Morning everyone!

jcarly - LOVE the dress! It looks so beautiful on you!

BEG - I went to the Bengal Kitty thread.. AHHH THEY ARE SO ADORABLEE!!! I''m not even a cat person and I want one @___@

And coffee is one of the things I sadly cut out of my budget to try and start budgeting for my dream car. =) I''m aiming at the end of next year to be sitting in it! =p

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Well, they are currently en route to my house, but shoes!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are so cute! I love Zappos... that is seriously one of my favorite websites. I could get lost in there all day.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 9:33:31 AM
Good morning, everyone!!

Those shoes are fantastic! I heart Zappos and BCBGirls! I think I got an email that Zappos has no shipping charges or something like that now...

BEG - YAY that you found a kitten you can get.

Elation - you are way more disciplined than me. I don''t think I could give up coffee. I don''t think anyone around me would want me to, either. I am kind of evil w/o my coffee jolt in the mornings.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 9:37:45 AM
Author: CurlySue

Date: 7/14/2009 9:33:31 AM
Good morning, everyone!!

Those shoes are fantastic! I heart Zappos and BCBGirls! I think I got an email that Zappos has no shipping charges or something like that now...

BEG - YAY that you found a kitten you can get.

Elation - you are way more disciplined than me. I don''t think I could give up coffee. I don''t think anyone around me would want me to, either. I am kind of evil w/o my coffee jolt in the mornings.
And they ALWAYS upgrade to overnight shipping whenever I order. I LOVE it. Zappos is awesome.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning!
35.gif

I wish I could still be sleeping. I kept having bad/confusing dreams so I finally gave up and got up.

TheBigT - cute shoes!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Morning
10.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh. *good* flats!! Agreed about Zappos. Also awesome. Nearly as good (and as bad) as Nordstroms Off the Rack
31.gif
31.gif

Elation, what do you mean you gave up coffee? What is this "giving up" thing of which you speak. In relation to coffee??? .. ???? Nonsense
3.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Sleep is good. I miss it. I dreamt that I got a new job that paid $56.50 an hour to take chapter books I loved as a kid and condense them into picture books for preschoolers. Best dream of my life.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Yay, I love new shoes! I have 2 pairs of black flats right now that I wear ALL the time, so they are started to look a little...worn. I really hope these are comfortable!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning Bia and Princesss!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Morning, ladies!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning MK!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results