shape
carat
color
clarity

The elusive Van Craeynest wedding set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I am in NC, so I have not been to SF to see VC. I would love it if you took pictures when you go! You know, it must be the antiquing I don''t like because I did think your FH''s wedding band was gorgeous. The pictures on their site are not as flattering to the rings as they are in reality. But regardless, they are beautiful and unique and I need to hurry up and decide!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Those last two show exactly what I meant! I appreciate the art of the rings in all metal, but they are just gorgeous in platinum!

Do you have other pictures?

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 8:50:36 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Yes, I am in NC, so I have not been to SF to see VC. I would love it if you took pictures when you go! You know, it must be the antiquing I don't like because I did think your FH's wedding band was gorgeous. The pictures on their site are not as flattering to the rings as they are in reality. But regardless, they are beautiful and unique and I need to hurry up and decide!
No hurries, lady diamondseeker!!!

All the planning and excitement is the most fun! In fact, when I look at my ring, all of those memories of discovery and decision process flourish in my brain over and over again. That is why I named myself Love in Bloom, because of the thoughts that bloomed from the whole experience. Those memories and my forget-me-nots...sounds mushygushy, but perhaps you get the picture. You are right about what you said, you should be absolutely sure of what you want. It took me 2 years to finally reset, and I may have taken longer if I wasn't getting married this year. I can honestly say I am thrilled to this day though
2.gif

And...I have some pics I have socked away from my exhaustive VC web picture hunts. They are from websites you may have already seen. I'll try and dig them up for ya!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Just had to come back here and check out your gorgeous rings! I love your set. I wish I''d known more about VC when I was looking for rings, although it probably would have made the decision even harder, since I love my setting sooo much. There''s just something about die-struck platinum, it feels so substantial, but the designs you can create are so delicate. I loooove it!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely reset. A very antique looking set. I have an older friend and it reminds me of her origional set. Your stone lookes lovely too. I don''t know if it bloomed or if you just got the photo from a different angle?

Either way Congrats!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous set... I''ve never seen details like that. Simply beautiful!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Selkie, Stone Hunter, and jfo!!!

Selkie - I know what you mean. I think I am a die-struck for life kind of girl now. Everything else jewelry wise just feels so light to me...Oh and I''m really wanting to visit Cross now. The next time we are in ME my fi will probably wonder why I have taken a sudden interest in the LL Bean factory outlet,
31.gif

Stone Hunter - Yup, probably different angles too. Though in person there is something that is just different about it than when I first got the ring after the reset. Even if it is all in my head, I feel like I fall in love with it more and more every day (and I didn''t think that was possible!). That is funny about your older friends wedding set. I feel odd when I visit my grandmother because my wedding set looks older in style than most of her 70 and 80 year old friends wedding sets, and I''m 24!
26.gif

jfo - Thanks for the kind words. I tried to look up your gorgeous ering and the pics didn''t show up...if you have the camera capabilities I would love to see some new shots of your ring in SMTR
3.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 8:53:14 PM
Oh wow! Those last two show exactly what I meant! I appreciate the art of the rings in all metal, but they are just gorgeous in platinum!

Found some. Not the greatest pics, but I think this is the set you liked at Cross
4.gif

VCcompare484-584col.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m late to this party, but your set is just gorgeous!

God, I''m really getting into these Van Craeynest sets - so different and unique!
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love, your set is gorgeous!
30.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lauren and Skippy! Poptart has a new wedding band by the same company and she has posted pics in SMTR...take a look; it is oober pretty!!!
2.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
LoveinBloom, I am late to this thread too but I had to say how beautiful your set is. The designs are just so exquisite and detailed and just so pretty! I really admire the artistry of them. sigh....

a

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 12:35:15 PM
Author: angeline
LoveinBloom, I am late to this thread too but I had to say how beautiful your set is. The designs are just so exquisite and detailed and just so pretty! I really admire the artistry of them. sigh....

a
Thanks Angeline!
16.gif
Heheh, I am always late to posts too. I posted some info for you in Poptart's thread. Probably should have posted it here...Sorry Poptart!!!
8.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2007 5:35:33 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

Found some. Not the greatest pics, but I think this is the set you liked at Cross
4.gif
Yes! That is it!!! Great pictures! I originally talked to Larry VC last year, and I wish I had only spoken to him since these rings are really expensive. I'm not sure what I'll do.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2007 10:49:45 PM
Date: 6/13/2007 5:35:33 PM

Author: Love in Bloom

4.gif

Yes! That is it!!! Great pictures! I originally talked to Larry VC last year, and I wish I had only spoken to him since these rings are really expensive. I''m not sure what I''ll do.

Start saving up, haha!

*M*

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hey Diamondseeker, I found these in my old pics folder. I think the set you are looking at is slightly left of center, and that other mouting is in the lower right corner...they are from the Clay pot:

claypotbannerVC.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
more...

dsvcclaypotset.JPG

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
This one has 5 diamond sockets (very official term, dontcha think
3.gif
). What I think is interesting is that there is only one socket where two small stones are set.

langantiques02.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
different angles...

VBVCcol.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what great pictures! Thanks!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
LiB, I think that one, in all plat, would be my fave. Another great picture find by LiB!

a

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Had you seen those pics before? I found them while I was revisiting VC links for Angeline. The yellow gold pics were from Von Bargens.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the only pictures I had seen were from the Mickey Roof site (and the ones I took when I sent for the rings to look at). I just have this weird thought that I might like a slightly smaller diamond for that delicate setting. I just don''t want the diamond to overpower the delicate setting.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 11:39:33 PM
No, the only pictures I had seen were from the Mickey Roof site (and the ones I took when I sent for the rings to look at). I just have this weird thought that I might like a slightly smaller diamond for that delicate setting. I just don''t want the diamond to overpower the delicate setting.

ds2006!!! I am totally with you! I think they might revoke our PS membership! These rings are so fine and delicate, I think they look perfect with a less than humungous rock. I have a 2ct and I''m thinking it might look kinda off...

By the way what cross is it I should be asking to look at ? I''m going Monday. Will they know what I''m talking about? I ccan just see myself trying to explain - ''A friend of mine, name of diamondseeker2006, would like me to take a pic for her'' !!! I just can''t wait for Monday. Have I said that before?
9.gif

a

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I think this is what VC does for larger stones (>1ct) on the right; looks like fishtails. While I adore fishtails, I think a basket with plain prongs set into the band (as opposed to sitting on top of the band like my prongs do) would look better on this ring with larger stone. I can imagine your hesitation about putting a humungous rock into a setting that is usually pictured with smaller stones. I also wonder if the set would sit flush with a larger center. I don't think a larger diamond would look odd in this setting as long as it didn't obstruct to much of the design on top of the ring. My tiny 5.55mm center stone doesn't obstruct any of the flowers on my ering; I imagine if it did it would look kind of odd.

From what elements of the design process I can understand, VC designs not only for ornament, but also for form and function. Larry designed something for me; it is currently in the works. I sent him a sketch of a design I thought up, never in a million years thinking it was do-able. Much to my amazement, he decided to go ahead and set it up for production, which surprised the hell out of me because the set up for the type of jewelry VC makes is very time consuming and difficult. I haven't seen the finished piece yet (I have seen a rough stamping though; looks fantastic
4.gif
), and while it is not a setting for a large diamond, the process has been beyond interesting. To hear all the details and attention he put into executing the design is remarkable. I certainly hope prongs that suit the diamond and the setting would not be something he would overlook! That is definitely something you should ask about in person
10.gif

VC484col.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Just for fun, here is a pic of our wedding bands on our invite. I was thinking about putting this image on our Thank You cards. What do you think?

VCLinBInviteRings02.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
...or maybe this one instead?
4.gif

InviteRings01100k.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
aaahh! Sorry that pic was so big
6.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
LiB, I agree on the fishtail prongs, waaaay too heavy for me. I like the bangle styles but I think they look a little funny when there''s a big space either side of the stone and then the pattern starts if you know what I mean.

Now you''ve piqued my interest!!! What is this secret project you''re working on with Larry? I can''t wait to find out, sounds like a lot of fun. You will have to fill us in on ALL the details of the process when you''re ready.

I prefer the close-up of your rings, but then I''m a PS-jewelry-obsessed person so I like to see all the detail! I wonder if it might look better with your ring on top?

a

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No that is a different head altogether. You can get the regular 4 prong head all the way up to something like 3 cts. That other head is an option (and I don't like it!).

I am just having a terrible time deciding between a classic Tiffany look or these. I just need both!!!!!

I LOVE the new pictures of your rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results