shape
carat
color
clarity

The elusive Van Craeynest wedding set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love in Bloom, your wedding set is just beautiful and the detail work is amazing!! It looks so perfect on your hand, congratulations.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
VC does beautiful work. Many congrats on your wedding set, it''s lovely
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty set! I love the rings together!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful set!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
canuk gal, FireGoddess, Poptart, Trelala, Diamondseeker, neatfreak, kcoursolle, anchor31, Tacori, Catmom, risingsun, Dee*jay, old-fashioned girl, and Widget (if you are out there...):

Thanks for all of your kind feedback about my wedding set
10.gif
. It really gave me that dose of boost I needed to continue tackling wedding plans (
15.gif
turned into
16.gif
). I only wish I had known about pricescope before we got my diamond. I do love my diamond baby and would not trade it for anything in the world, especially now that it is in the setting of my dreams. But taking a look at pics of your impressive and lovely cut sparklers (their settings, resettings and all that good stuff too!) is hard proof you all really know what you are talkin' about (unlike me, but I'm still learning)!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks bunches!
Love in Bloom
25.gif

p.s.
Hey Trelala, I could not find any pictures of your ering. I think I read that it was bezel set and you have earrings to match? I'm sure I am not the only one who would love to see!
2.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
My ring is getting sparklier. Yup the lighting is somewhat different, but my diamond is practically blooming. The jeweler told me this would happen and I didn''t believe him at first, but now I think I know what he meant. He said it was something to do with the rhodium flashing wearing off the diamonds. Anyone heard of this??

VCLinBering01.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
It looks a lot clearer to me. I can''t believe it...even in person...is it possible for diamonds to bloom?

VClinBering02.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Off the blooming topic...I just love the tiny flower in the center. Just posting to show the detail of the wedding band...she felt 'neglected'.
3.gif

VCLinBwring.jpg

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning work. The intricate work is a masterpiece of craftsmanship. How nice there are still companies that continue these beautiful traditions.

I love your avatar, too
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dogmom! I love your avatar too...oh how I would love to get a doggie!
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those pictures are wonderful...especially that first one!!! I just linked this thread today for someone looking at antique settings. I am still thinking about a VC reset for myself, too!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
OMG Diamondseeker...what stone are you thinking about setting? Is it your 1.63 H&A?? I''m having palpitations just thinking about it
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
. I saw this ring
4.gif
at Belenky Brothers with about a 1.5 stone and it was TO DIE FOR!!!!! (pic is from timepieces.com, though). If I had a bigger stone I would have totally picked this mounting
31.gif

V87.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a lovely setting for your rings, they really look like antiques unlike some other new-antiques I''ve seen.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is my 1.63. But I worry a little that a smaller stone would look better! Is that a VC setting in that picture? It is beautiful!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 10:30:34 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Yes, it is my 1.63. But I worry a little that a smaller stone would look better! Is that a VC setting in that picture? It is beautiful!
Lol, I only *wish* I had the worries of my stone being too big! Maybe Larry can direct you to a retailer who has the setting you are looking for in house just so you can see it with a stone about your size? The store displays are usually set with larger cz's (hehee, larger to me, maybe not for you!)... Or maybe Irina could help you get a better idea through photoshop...

Yup, that is VC style 1012. When you see it head on it looks like floral octagon...very sweet. If you click here you can read the specifications for 'all' styles including stone mins/maxs of center stone accomodated and verbal descriptions for each. I'm sure LVC takes specific requests beyond what is in this catalogue. From what I have seen there are lots of variations on decorations of each ring in the same family. I used this specifications list (from Micky Roof) in tandem with their Van Craeynest pics to match styles I have seen elsewhere to catalogue numbers. I am truly obsessed! I want one of everything! (never gonna happen though...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 10:24:43 AM
Author: RxTechRN2b
That''s a lovely setting for your rings, they really look like antiques unlike some other new-antiques I''ve seen.
Yup, that is probably because they are made using techniques used in rings hundreds of years ago. You can read about it here:
Van Craeynest History

Thanks RxTechRN2b! Hope school is going well for ya in your new life
2.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks K. I love your avatar
10.gif
. I currently live in "the middle of nowhere," but I am a city girl at heart!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set! I love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2007 11:18:03 AM
Author: Love in Bloom

Date: 6/9/2007 10:30:34 AM
Lol, I only *wish* I had the worries of my stone being too big! Maybe Larry can direct you to a retailer who has the setting you are looking for in house just so you can see it with a stone about your size? The store displays are usually set with larger cz''s (hehee, larger to me, maybe not for you!)... Or maybe Irina could help you get a better idea through photoshop...

Yup, that is VC style 1012. When you see it head on it looks like floral octagon...very sweet. If you click here you can read the specifications for ''all'' styles including stone mins/maxs of center stone accomodated and verbal descriptions for each. I''m sure LVC takes specific requests beyond what is in this catalogue. From what I have seen there are lots of variations on decorations of each ring in the same family. I used this specifications list (from Micky Roof) in tandem with their Van Craeynest pics to match styles I have seen elsewhere to catalogue numbers. I am truly obsessed! I want one of everything! (never gonna happen though...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
)
Gosh, I think I need to work on one of those for a RHR! I did have some samples sent from a jeweler that carries a few of their styles. I loved them. I just have to be sure I want to commit to it permanently because they are definitely not disposable at those prices! I guess what I mean about the size of the diamond is that the rings are outstanding on their own, so they don''t need large diamonds to be beautiful. (I have the Micky Roof link, also, and it has been very helpful.)

This is the one I am looking at, but as you know, they are prettier in person than in a picture:

http://crossstylebook.com/shl.htm

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 6:03:08 PM

Gosh, I think I need to work on one of those for a RHR! I did have some samples sent from a jeweler that carries a few of their styles. I loved them. I just have to be sure I want to commit to it permanently because they are definitely not disposable at those prices! I guess what I mean about the size of the diamond is that the rings are outstanding on their own, so they don''t need large diamonds to be beautiful. (I have the Micky Roof link, also, and it has been very helpful.)

This is the one I am looking at, but as you know, they are prettier in person than in a picture:

http://crossstylebook.com/shl.htm
You know what that means, diamondseeker.....

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Gotta get m o r e d i a m o n d s !!!!!!
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif

Hehehe if only it were that easy
14.gif
. I was looking at that set too. The scrollwork is just amazing! I decided on 456/556 because I'm a sucker for flowers. Here is an awful pic I took at Belenky Brothers in NYC. I was trying to focus in on the detail of the mounting. I could kick myself for not taking a pic of that other ring. Anyway, this mounting is not the one you are looking at, but the proportions are similar and it has a larger (2ct) stone in it. It still looks good to me, and I think full 1.5ct would look even better proportion wise.
4.gif

2ctvcset.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Love in Bloom - that is a fantastic set. I looked at some van craeysnest settings when I was ering shopping - the detail on these rings are absolutely amazing. my local jeweler carries a bunch of their styles and I always enjoy browsing!!!!!

Kats

Rough_Rock
How pretty and unique. And it really does look like the diamond got more sparkly!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are pretty, too! (And you take GREAT pictures, silly!) I really love all these designs! I have to admit that I strongly prefer them in white metals as opposed to yg. I wouldn't have considered the set I am looking at had I not seen them in platinum. It was like a different set. I love your set very much as well. But I figured if I do it, I may as well get a different one so we can each have a unique set!
9.gif

I need to make a decision, but I have to be 100% sure I don't want to change my diamond before I do it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2007 8:54:23 PM
Author: flopkins
Love in Bloom - that is a fantastic set. I looked at some van craeysnest settings when I was ering shopping - the detail on these rings are absolutely amazing. my local jeweler carries a bunch of their styles and I always enjoy browsing!!!!!
What state are you in Flopkins? I''d love to go see more of them in person!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty set! The details on your rings are absolutely amazing! Congrats.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 7:43:04 PM
Those are pretty, too! I really love all these designs! I have to admit that I strongly prefer them in white metals as opposed to yg. I wouldn''t have considered the set I am looking at had I not seen them in platinum. It was like a different set. I love your set very much as well. But I figured if I do it, I may as well get a different one so we can each have a unique set!
9.gif

I need to make a decision, but I have to be 100% sure I don''t want to change my diamond before I do it.
Wow, DS. The decision on whether to change your diamond is a H U G E one!!! Sounds very difficult to me
23.gif
. You said you were on the east coast, right? I am originally from Maryland but have lived in the midwest for 3 years (oh how I miss the east coast!). Have you been to SF to visit in person?? I''m dying to go. Hopefully FH and I can go in October this year. We are pretty much sold on SF for a little honeymoon, have some college friends out in Livermore we want to visit, and both really want to see how the rings were made. I could ask some questions for you and perhaps take pics if I am allowed!

Also, I know what you mean about the rings looking completely different in yellow vs white metals. I had a very hard time picturing the ones I ordered in platinum. Once I saw them in person, I was stunned and very happy (thank goodness
6.gif
) ! I think most of the yellow gold done by VC is antiqued. I didn''t know my fiance''s band would have an antique finish when I ordered, so when I finally got to see the finished product I was shocked and amazed
3.gif
. When I called to thank LVC I asked if the platinum version was antiqued, he said "no it just doesn''t look good to me." Now I''m kind of curious...

Oh and thanks Katz and Flopkins!

Flopkins - you are so lucky to have a store close by to see this stuff in person! I live in a tiny college town as I say "in the middle of nowhere, USA"

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks snlee!

Here are some pics for comparison of YG and plat. Totally different personalties!

YG

5fd4_3flipsmall.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
and plat

V102EW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results