shape
carat
color
clarity

The Devil is Wearing a Fur Coat Tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Swooning at the thought of this one, Gypsy. I hope to see it soon.
9.gif

shay

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink, wanted to thank you for clarifying, as I think it''s important and I apologize if I added to the confusion.

Gypsy, it all sounds great. Despite what some may think I think (that reads funny), I really am all for taking all the time one needs on projects like these and I hope you don''t feel under some bizarre time constraint to satisfy folks'' desire to see the ring.

However, if you come back here wondering why the project is taking so long, then make it take longer, and then wonder what''s up...well, I''m gonna have to have to give you the rolling eye icon. Hehe. Kidding.

Here''s to your project!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 9:06:24 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Wink, wanted to thank you for clarifying, as I think it's important and I apologize if I added to the confusion.

Gypsy, it all sounds great. Despite what some may think I think (that reads funny), I really am all for taking all the time one needs on projects like these and I hope you don't feel under some bizarre time constraint to satisfy folks' desire to see the ring.

However, if you come back here wondering why the project is taking so long, then make it take longer, and then wonder what's up...well, I'm gonna have to have to give you the rolling eye icon. Hehe. Kidding.

Here's to your project!

I have always felt that if my 'process' was taking too long in someone's opinion, then they could and should stop reading my threads. And I'm sure some have as a result. So no, I haven't really felt pressured. I've felt motivated though. LOL. The more I saw people's settings come to life, and I saw the variety of stock settings out there, the more hopeful I became that by studying these setting the closer I would be, one way or another to a setting of my own. I don't feel the need to satisfy anyone but myself, I promise, otherwise I would have compromised. No worries TG, you and I are good.
2.gif

Regarding the project taking long, and me making it longer. It won't. I actually spoke to Ocean today to firm up the timeline and to finalize the wire and under gallery details... and as soon as we get a final sketch, production will take 4-5 weeks (same as Leon's average). And that's largely because my setting is going to be be mostly handmade and not cast. Only one part is going to be cast, and it's going to be "shell cast" by a third party company that specializes in that process (apparently its a special type of casting) the rest is all going to be handmade and hand set... so that increases the production time.

We're working on sketches now, while Neil evaluates my diamond, and will hopefully have a sketch finalized by the time the ring gets there so that production starts as soon as possible. Ocean's already told me there will be a few days in September where Wink will be doing a show for her and RIchard Homer, so she will be gone, and been very honest and transparent with me.

I'm very confident in my choice, and very happy with my design. And I have appreciated Ocean's design inputs as they have really been things that have dramatically improved the overall design. I was not looking for a benchman. I was looking for a designer to take my concept and bring it to life-- as a collarboration. And I've found that.
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am such a numbskull...I never clicked on this thread because I am just too dense to get it. Read the whole thing...now I''ve got it. You guys with the high IQ and the wit beyond my simpleton brain have got to provide a DKS footnote. Here I am posting on the third page of the thread, simply because I didn''t know who was wearing FUR and why I should care!!!

Cool on your project. Can''t wait for the details...we can all learn from what you are planning. Not to mention it is just plan fun to share with you!! Yippeee!!!

DKS

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 12:48:25 AM
Author: door knob solitaire

Here I am posting on the third page of the thread, simply because I didn''t know who was wearing FUR and why I should care!!!
LOL DKS! I almost didn''t look at this thread because of the title too. I have no interest in fur coats!
20.gif
It took me awhile to get it too so don''t feel bad. Glad I did look because I''m so excited for Gypsy and I can''t wait to see the sketches!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DKS. I
emlove.gif
HEART
emlove.gif
YOU.

You always make me smile. Footnote...hehehhehe.

I think it's fun too!

Snlee... I'll be posting some sketches soon, and I'm glad you're looking forward to it because I'm really going to enjoy sharing this with you all!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
So happy for you that "the process" has started so favourably.
35.gif
Neil received your *beauty* and actually found that the asscher is larger
36.gif
36.gif
. Bonus!!!

Keep us posted as we''re with you all the way...whatever it takes
1.gif

Btw, what are you wearing as a temp replacement?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Isaku! Yes, the diamond is safe. It''s a little tiny bit bigger than I thought it was. And things are going well with Ocean. Overall, things are good. And I anticipate them staying that way. : )

No temp. YET. Most of my rings are RHR and my are 1.25 sizes too large for my ring finger. Gonna try to tough it out, if I can''t Nordstroms has some decent fakes that don''t make me cringe. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results