shape
carat
color
clarity

The Devil is Wearing a Fur Coat Tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man, I am SUCH a dork!!!

I didn''t get the title of your thread till someone mentioned hell freezing over.

I was like, ''Are you calling yourself a devil? Did you buy a FUR COAT?!?!!?''

Der.
20.gif

The ring sounds dreamy Gypsy. What''s the timeline. Is there one at this point?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL FG. That's funny.

I thought about putting "H*ll's Frozen Folks" over... but didn't want to put the first word in a title.

Timeline?

Sketch next week sometime.

Sending Neil the ring on the 4th or 5th.

He's appraising the diamond, then sending to Ocean.

Ocean should get the diamond on or around the 12th.

Haven't really talked much about timeline beyond that.

She originally said 3-5 weeks.

I told her she could have till Mid-November.

She asked me if she got it to me sooner than Mid November, would it be a problem?

I said no.

That's the timeline to date. LOL.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Lord, for showing Gypsy the way to her ring. Amen.

[looks GREAT!!]

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
No way!!! I''m so excited for you! I think that setting is perfect for your stone! It will be gorgeous! I can''t wait to see your finished project...Especially the prongs.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 7:53:26 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Man, I am SUCH a dork!!!

I didn''t get the title of your thread till someone mentioned hell freezing over.

I was like, ''Are you calling yourself a devil? Did you buy a FUR COAT?!?!!?''

Der.
20.gif

Ohmygosh, FG! LOL over here!
I don''t care who ya'' are -- that''s funny right there!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
(xoxoxo!)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 8:05:45 PM
Author: risingsun
This thread is CRACKING ME UP!!!!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 9:51:11 PM
Author: Lynn B

This thread is CRACKING ME UP!!!!
9.gif
Me too!
emteeth.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 5:29:57 PM
Author: Gypsy

FG and snlee-- you HAVE to come to the GTG that follows my re-set... I would really love your opinions on it.
You bet! I can't wait!
36.gif
Yay! So happy for you!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Snlee!! I can''t wait either... I''m hoping you don''t resist your cravings for a WF scattered diamond suite and I get to see them.. .and try them on next time.
27.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

[looks GREAT!!]
I am also part of the church of the risingsun and have been praying as well. Hallelujah and Amen too!

Seriously, glad to hear you took the plunge. But isn''t the the designer that didn''t want Cehra to share the process? I hope you can/are gonna share because I am excited for you!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 11:03:05 PM
Author: TravelingGal

[looks GREAT!!]
I am also part of the church of the risingsun and have been praying as well. Hallelujah and Amen too!

Seriously, glad to hear you took the plunge. But isn''t the the designer that didn''t want Cehra to share the process? I hope you can/are gonna share because I am excited for you!
Yes, it is. I hope you have better fortune and you get your ring soon. How exciting!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
LOL this thread is cracking me up too!
9.gif

Gypsy, you are such a bad influence!
38.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I spoke to both Wink and Ocean.. .and I will be able to post the process as it goes. So you'll be getting updates as I get them. But this is going to be handmade so there isn't going to be a ton, in terms of pics, to share. Still, what there is I will pass on.
2.gif

LOL @ TG. Church of the Rising Sun. hehehe.

Snlee... maybe a LITTLE bit of a bad influence. But really, what are friends for.
27.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is VERY exciting, Gypsy! That is fabulous that she can do it in 3-5 weeks! I can''t wait to see it!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 11:44:37 PM
I spoke to both Wink and Ocean.. .and I will be able to post the process as it goes. So you''ll be getting updates as I get them. But this is going to be handmade so there isn''t going to be a ton, in terms of pics, to share. Still, what there is I will pass on.
2.gif

LOL @ TG. Church of the Rising Sun. hehehe.

Snlee... maybe a LITTLE bit of a bad influence. But really, what are friends for.
27.gif
I''ve never been a church before
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS... I know, I can''t wait either. I''m LOVING the melee size. She''s the first person I''ve talked to who has totally ''gotten'' the micro pave REALLY DELICATE VERY THIN frame thing except Leon. It only took her a couple of seconds to adjust to the concept, then she really ran with it, and suggested the single cut stones, which of course I think is fabulous.

I have this sentence in my Powerpoint presentation: "The overall look I want is a setting with the classic and fluid grace of a solitare, and the center-stone enhancing qualities of a halo." And no other designer or vendor I''ve talked to has seemed to pay a lot of attention to it. But for me it was the most important part of the presentation. She was the first that really discussed it with me, and understood what I meant immediately. She''s familiar with MWM''s work, so she knew exactly what I meant by the ''fluild'' look I want too.

SO I''m rambling. Point is, I feel like I''m getting the pave skills and understanding of Leon, the metalworking abilites of MWM... without the ego, and in a person who really is just willing to talk to you and listen, and help you with your ideas, and making them a reality. So that YOU are happy with the vision.

RisingSun... this thread just keeps getting funnier and funnier. Does that make YOU a church, or make you a church owner. Hmm... inquiring minds what to know!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you Gypsy for starting this thread and sharing your joy!

I want to address the above comment here as there seems to be some misunderstanding about what we asked earlier.

Neither Ocean or myself have any problem with discussion on an open forum. That is in fact one of the beauties of Pricescope, that everything, especially problems, are fair game for discussion.

What we had hoped to avoid, and I think partially did, with Cehra was having lebendy seben designers adding their comments on what should be elements of a VERY complex design. We were only partly successful, which originally resulted in many changes being made, and then being unmade and going back to the original design at some point in the process.

I think the fact that Cehra strongly recommended us to Gypsy says volumes about our relationship with her. She and Ocean and I share a deep respect and liking for one another as do we all now do with Gypsy. We are a small enough company that we tend to take our clients into our hearts as friends as well as clients. We would never ask nor expect tht anyone not share their experiences, good or bad with us, but there are times when we feel it is more appropriate that the design process not be a public showing as too many designers definitely create real problems.

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2007 6:11:22 PM
Author: Wink

Thank you Gypsy for starting this thread and sharing your joy!

I want to address the above comment here as there seems to be some misunderstanding about what we asked earlier.

Neither Ocean or myself have any problem with discussion on an open forum. That is in fact one of the beauties of Pricescope, that everything, especially problems, are fair game for discussion.

What we had hoped to avoid, and I think partially did, with Cehra was having lebendy seben designers adding their comments on what should be elements of a VERY complex design. We were only partly successful, which originally resulted in many changes being made, and then being unmade and going back to the original design at some point in the process.

I think the fact that Cehra strongly recommended us to Gypsy says volumes about our relationship with her. She and Ocean and I share a deep respect and liking for one another as do we all now do with Gypsy. We are a small enough company that we tend to take our clients into our hearts as friends as well as clients. We would never ask nor expect tht anyone not share their experiences, good or bad with us, but there are times when we feel it is more appropriate that the design process not be a public showing as too many designers definitely create real problems.

Wink
Okay, I gotta ask....is that a typo or some secret term that I don''t understand???
28.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/31/2007 6:26:16 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 8/31/2007 6:11:22 PM
Author: Wink

What we had hoped to avoid, and I think partially did, with Cehra was having lebendy seben designers
Wink
Okay, I gotta ask....is that a typo or some secret term that I don''t understand???
28.gif
LOL, When you are an old geezer like me you remember (very vaguely, it was LONG time ago) the Brer Rabbit comic strip that used to run in the paper. When ever there was more than a couple of anything it became ''lebenty seben (eleventy seven) cause I do not believe that Brer Rabbit paid much attention in school...

Wink

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 2:25:43 PM
DS... I know, I can''t wait either. I''m LOVING the melee size. She''s the first person I''ve talked to who has totally ''gotten'' the micro pave REALLY DELICATE VERY THIN frame thing except Leon. It only took her a couple of seconds to adjust to the concept, then she really ran with it, and suggested the single cut stones, which of course I think is fabulous.
Gypsy, I LOVE this!!

In the OMC ring my mom gave me, it has 6 single cut melee around the OM. Looking at another ring I have with 2 pointers in it, I''m guessing the size in my OMC ring to be around 1 point and 1/2 point, three of each, alternating. Mixed in the midst of a bunch of miligrain, they are not really noticable, until the right lighting hits it, and then,
30.gif
. Just the most beautiful itty bitty sparkles. It''s gorgeous.

Your ring is just gonna be STUNNING.
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Wink.
21.gif

Ellen, I''m excited about the shine too!! I''m so happy you love your single cuts. I really think they are the right choice for my design. And I really love that with the vintage feel of the asscher the melee will also be vintage-y.. then contrasted with the smooth fluidness of the platinum shank! Yum!
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 7:19:02 PM

Ellen, I''m excited about the shine too!! I''m so happy you love your single cuts. I really think they are the right choice for my design. And I really love that with the vintage feel of the asscher the melee will also be vintage-y.. then contrasted with the smooth fluidness of the platinum shank! Yum!
31.gif
*sigh*

I better stock up on smelling salts.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 7:34:51 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 8/31/2007 7:19:02 PM

31.gif
*sigh*

I better stock up on smelling salts.
2.gif
LOL@ Aww. You guys have really made this a great day for me. All of you.

I had very little to do today at work, and had planned to PS most of the day away, as I''m in "hurry up and wait mode" waiting on other people for information and details, who then need everything yesterday, as if I''ve been sitting on it for a week instead of staring that the stuff anew while they are sitting there waiting. LOL.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl glad too hear your using single cuts.
They rock properly done.
I like them better than full cuts even over h&a melee in the smaller melee.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh! Single cuts! Yeah :) I lerve single cuts, as you well know. That''s awesome....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 3:00:13 AM
Author: strmrdr
kewl glad too hear your using single cuts.
They rock properly done.
I like them better than full cuts even over h&a melee in the smaller melee.
Storm and Surfgirl:

I''m so glad you guys approve of the single cuts. I''m really excited about them. I think they are just the right touch get the balance of vintage cuts with a contemporary interpretation of a vintage style setting (halo settings). Really excited.

Surfgirl, you ring is STILL the one I covet the most on here.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I hope Turkey Day comes quickly for you!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Hudson... Love the new AV and Sig line, btw!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Just catching up for the first time since I have been out of town. Gypsy this is totally exciting and a huge surprise. Had no idea you were going this route and it sounds great! Please post the drawings as soon as you have them.
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will do Beacon!

Still have to resolve the gallery and underwires before we get to sketch. I found a few options I hadn''t seen before over the weekend, so we are exploring if one of those would be best, or if my original idea would be best. SO... once that''s done. Sketch!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results