shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock

Blueroses! Thank you so much for the kind words. I always feel like some kind of a freak. Like after 8.5 years shouldn''t I KNOW already. I''m not ready yet, but I love bling, bling. I have a 0.5 caret eternity band (nothing spectacular). I love the look. The funny thing is that it is my second eternity band because I lost the first one. My boyfriend told me yesturday he fully expects me to lose my e-ring. The guy is insane! I can''t believe you threw the boquet at someone else! Craziness! The girl must have been so surprised! I think it is really sweet that you gave you boyfriend the open ended "If you see something that speaks to you, then you can buy that too" whatever speaks to my boyfriend is always completely not my style! But giving him that option puts some surprise back into it.

Psuheather! I feel your pain. Well meaning friends but sometimes.... GRRRR! So ritani endless love. I am going to post a picture. Don''t laugh if it is the wrong one (I''m not sure what basket setting means.) But if you are getting this one, it''s beautiful I saved the picture as one of my options so that my boyfriend picks something that I won''t throw back at him . If I knew he had it somewhere within a ten mile radius I would not rest until it was in my greedy little fingers!

ritaniend.jpg

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies! Sorry I''ve been so distant, fi2b and I have spent the weekend improving our living room. We painted all night last night (a lovely sage green) and then spent today swapping out light switches and electrical outlets (from that 80''s-beige to actual white), touching up the paint, and shopping at the new IKEA...we bought an area rug and some shelves. The place is really coming together!! But we still have lots to do. I''m in the process of making a frame for this giant mirror (3 feet by 5 feet) to hang on the wall, that will be done as soon as the cordless drill gets its charge back! I love home improving!!
1.gif

You girls are so sweet! I know what you mean, ginger, about living vicariously through the engagement stories here. I think it''s getting close for me, too. Either that or he''s planned something spectacular for Christmas, but there''s just way too much sneakiness going on around this place. Like, he recently passworded his Outlook email account. (We share a computer right now since mine''s on the fritz.) Which is a little strange, because I''ve never intentionally opened it...you know how sometimes you click a link online and it turns out to be a mailto: link and pops up Outlook? That''s the only time I''ve ever opened his Outlook. So the fact that he pw''d it, showing there''s something to hide....well, it just makes me curious.
1.gif
Luckily there''s no possibility of an affair or anything, or I imagine I''d be going mad!!
2.gif

allycat, I haven''t been waiting long at all. See the join date under my name? My first post was to the ladies-in-waiting thread, shortly after he mentioned rings.
5.gif
But we just celebrated our one-year anniv in September, so I wouldn''t say he''s left me cooling my heels at all. And he has some ideas of what I like, but he doesn''t know about The Ring--the graduated pave I posted earlier. I suspect I will end up with a six-prong solitaire with heart prongs....my close second choice, and I''d be very happy with that. Oh, and yes, the bezel does protect the stone from chipping. They are safer settings for those that use their hands a lot.

I guess I''m lucky that the only friend I''ve had that got married did it courthouse style (and I wasn''t invited)! I haven''t had to suffer the bouquet toss nor be constantly bombarded by "so when.." questions. Well, maybe HE''S lucky, cuz I''d just pass the questions off to him, lol!
11.gif

Blue, that is SOO funny about you hot-potato-ing the bouquet!!
9.gif
I wish I''d been there, I''d have fallen on the floor laughing!
36.gif
And I understand your recent Zen attitude...I''ve had it too, although I admit that whenever something comes up (like when he says "Don''t look at any packages that come in the mail") I still get butterflies.
16.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
alleycat--don''t feel like a freak!!! It''s not that you don''t know that you love your bf...it''s just that you''re not at the point in your life where you''re ready to get married. That time will come--a year ago I would have told you you were crazy if you said that I would be so anxiously awaiting "the question" right now. It kind of just creeps up on ya...

I do love that Ritani that you posted...that''s the one with the bezel setting. I looked at that one for a while. The one I actually settled on is below...

oh, shoot. It''s not working...it keeps telling me that there is an error. I''ll try again later, but in the meantime, the pics that I was going to post were borrowed from an old thread by NoviceNYC back in June. You can try to look there. I think the title of the thread is "I''m a Fiance! My long awaited Ritani is on my finger!"

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
The Boxster from NiceIce.com

boxter_ring1.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
An oval set east-west (He decided he doesn''t love east-west, but you get the idea)

e-woval.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
The "blue-box" legacy (I tried to upload a picture of REEYONCE''s ring--possibly the most gorgeous thing I''ve ever seen--but it didn''t let me)

legacy1.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Psuheather! I rushed over to look at the ritani ring. Honestly I swear that is my second choice ring. For the past two years that is the ring I wanted. Unfortunately, my boyfriend is buying me a 1.5 carat ring and I thought that a bezel set like ritani endless love might add a bit of girth to the stone. Although this is all based on internet pictures. As I said before I''ve never seen 1 or 1.5 carat rings in real life so I have no idea what they look like. But the picture on that thread is incredible. It''s funny how much things change in year for you!! I think the whole feeling of being ready can creep up on you. Right now I feel like my life isn''t settled yet so its hard to think of engagement. Do you know for sure that is the ring you are getting? And when??? Thankgiving? Christmas?? The weight must be awful!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
almost done, I promise!!! The Daniel K asscher

danielkasscher.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh that boxter from the nice ice, another picture I saved. I looked at the niceice website and didn''t see that ring. Where are they hiding it on the site?

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
I agree with your bf, I like the first two much better than the east-west. Those two are gorgeous! I've never seen "the Boxter" before...it's stunning!

Edited to add--Oh my goodness...there were so many things posted by the time I submitted this. I love them all!

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I don''t get how all y''all are so "well WE haven''t been ready yet, but now we are moving that way" about everything! WE''ve been dating almost 7 years and let me tell you I have been READY AND FRUSTRATED FOR SO FREAKING LONG NOW! And every few months he does something that makes me think that it''s coming soon...and then it doesn''t. THis has been going on for like 2.5 years. LOL...kind of. Anyway, you guys are just all so calm abuot it, and I''m not. I''m jealous. I want to be calm and think it will happen when it happens (and I do know some of the reasons he has waited this long are valid), but I just stress over it. Especially since I swear three times a week I get a "when are you getting married comment". And I KNOW that the response will be FINALLY! when it does happen.

I ended up here b/c after finding that Kay''s card in his wallet (btw - he knows now not to buy from there) I got all excited taht he went to a jewelry store - this was 2 months ago - but I knew the price wasn''t good. Went on bluenile, told him about it "for future reference" (though he did find the site fascinating and spent hours on it one night...though hasn''t since), and being OCD internet research girl I had to get info on whether they were a safe place to order...ended up here.

Anyway, I don''t know if it is coming soonish or not. I feel like it has to, but I have felt like that about 12 other times. So, it doesn''t mean anything.

Any advice on being accepting like y''all are? LOL
Kimberly

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 8:47:12 PM
Author: KimberJEB
Ok, I don''t get how all y''all are so ''well WE haven''t been ready yet, but now we are moving that way'' about everything! WE''ve been dating almost 7 years and let me tell you I have been READY AND FRUSTRATED FOR SO FREAKING LONG NOW! And every few months he does something that makes me think that it''s coming soon...and then it doesn''t. THis has been going on for like 2.5 years. LOL...kind of. Anyway, you guys are just all so calm abuot it, and I''m not. I''m jealous. I want to be calm and think it will happen when it happens (and I do know some of the reasons he has waited this long are valid), but I just stress over it. Especially since I swear three times a week I get a ''when are you getting married comment''. And I KNOW that the response will be FINALLY! when it does happen.

I ended up here b/c after finding that Kay''s card in his wallet (btw - he knows now not to buy from there) I got all excited taht he went to a jewelry store - this was 2 months ago - but I knew the price wasn''t good. Went on bluenile, told him about it ''for future reference'' (though he did find the site fascinating and spent hours on it one night...though hasn''t since), and being OCD internet research girl I had to get info on whether they were a safe place to order...ended up here.

Anyway, I don''t know if it is coming soonish or not. I feel like it has to, but I have felt like that about 12 other times. So, it doesn''t mean anything.

Any advice on being accepting like y''all are? LOL
Kimberly
I literally laughed out loud when I read this--Kimberly, nothing could be further from the truth!!!!!!! I am absolutely dying!!!!!!!! It''s just that I''ve only been in this anxiety-ridden place for a couple of months now. I just recently became "ready", but now that I am, I am incredibly impatient! Are you new to this thread? If so, you will absolutely love and appreciate the commratory (sp.???, I have no idea how to spell that word) that we all share. We are all going through the same torture, so we can definitely relate!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
KimberJEB, don''t worry--this is just where I am NOW....

If you notice, I''ve posted like over 40 times in barely a week, and I''d say the first 25 of them I was FREAKING OUT.....and had I been on this forum at various points over the last 5-12 months, you ladies might have called in an anonymous tip to the funny farm. (You can look on the last pages of the old thread if you want to see
6.gif
)

There have been countless days of tears, self-doubting, frustrated moments for me at least....I''ve been REALLY ready and felt so hurt that he WASN''T. We finally, after LOTS of time and a lot of false starts and my almost feeling like throwing in the towel, have seemed to come to this moment. And I wish I could say that it happened organically for him, but it did require a LOT of discussion and reality checking from me for him....not an ultimatum, but definitely a this is where I am going and this is what I want, and if you don''t??.....

I guess b/c we seem to be over that hump now, and he has actually gone into jewlery stores all by himself and has kind of taken the baton and run on without me? Because my bf is the biggest "needs a kick in the as$" guy I''ve ever known in my life. I was having a moment when I was saying to him how bad I felt that I''d had to kind of push him and was being sort of self-pitying and, oh, I''ve had to pressure you into wanting to propose to me, and he said, that was stupid, that I just had helped him set the wheels in motion.

And it hasn''t happened yet, so I may take another dive down on this emotional roller coaster!! You are not alone and god knows I know how you feel!!! Hang in there!!!
35.gif

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
LOL - welll thanks. Yeah I am new, but just everything I have read so far seems so good-attitude, totally patient. I was thinking either I am the most impatient person in the world or I stumbled onto a bunch of diamond obsessed saints:) Maybe you''re all just better at hiding it than me...or maybe its just the 2 days I''ve been reading. I feel like an idiot now. Oh well.

Blueroses - where can I get more info on the Daniel K asscher? I REALLY like that adn hadn''t seen it before. And I feel like since I will probably be getting a smallish .7 or so stone, that may make it look bigger. Hmmm...

Kimberly

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Alleycat--I know, I''m going nutty!!! I can''t wait till the day when I can stare at that ring on my finger! I actually tried it on (they carry it at Bailey Banks & Biddle) with a 1.5ct center stone (they set them with CZ''s for show) and it was gorgeous!!!! We have decided on 1.5 ct also--believe me..it looks incredible! I could even go bigger, but I don''t think there''s much chance of that happening
emsmilep.gif

I have pounded it into my bf''s head that this ring is "the one", so I''m pretty sure that it''s the one I will get (eventually.) He knows me too well to try to "surprise" me with something else! That would not be pretty! LOL!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Blueroses!

Hugs. I think sometimes guys need a little guidence, you know? Where would they be without a good woman? He needed kicking so you gave it to him! You know what I always say? You can''t make a guy do something he really doesn''t want to do. Won''t happen. So if he''s going to jewelery stores alone, he wants to do it. It''s taking it to the next level.

Kimberly! Well I''m not ready so it''s ok. But you have been with him for 7 years so its normal to be impatient. So did you guys talk about it and its about to happen? Or do you have no idea? Oh I read your post again. Hmmm sounds like he''s been looking. He just might be really good at hiding what he has been up to! Hang in there.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Good point Heather--I think I''ve also become so accustomed to being absolutely NUTS and ANXIOUS over this that it''s kind of turned into its own state of normal...and since I''m feeling calmer now, it''s still calm in that context.

Now I''m not sure where I found that exact boxter picture, but here''s the link to where they have another pic of it on their site:
http://www.niceice.com/asscher.htm
http://www.niceice.com/jewelry/danielk/boxter_ring_asscher/boxter_153t.jpg

Ok, I''m off to watch the rest of Desperate Housewives....and may I just say that I am STILL insane, b/c a character was looking into a big mirror, and all I could think of, was "huh look at those nice cut corners like in some of those octagonal bezel set rings..."

Insane.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Kimberyly--don''t feel like an idiot. This is actually a brand new thread that was spun off from the original ("Anxious to get the e-ring") because it was getting way too long. If you browse through there, you will see PLENTY of impatient, neurotic, and anxiety-ridden posts...this one will have them soon enough too--don''t worry!

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
LOL Blueroses! Don''t you just love Desperate Housewives? I am watching and typing at the same time...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Did you notice that too--the big mirror Mike was looking at? Yes, this is my new fave show...back soon!

31.gif

OH, the Daniel K....I'm pretty sure I found that pic here on PS. (And it was probably Reena who posted it?) but I know his designs are sold at Solomon Brothers. I bet a search on here could turn up some information too. So dainty, I love that ring!

susiQ

Rough_Rock
Hello ladies, may I join????

My BF has already purchased a ring we picked out from BN (with help from reading this forum). Now all I have to do is wait. I am graduating from UF in December, then there is Christmas... and then in mid January we will be moving into the new house we built.... so I''m guessing the proposal will be on one of those occasions????

I''ve been lurking around for a while and I love reading eveyone''s stories and seeing thier rings. Hope you all can cross yourselves off the list soon enough!
9.gif

Susi

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ok, LAST picture...of all the styles I sent to the bf, this is the only one w/o a pave/bezel-basket around the stone, but still has the pave band. Someone on this board has it and I can''t remember who. GORGEOUS!!

Ally, thanks
1.gif
And Kimberly, there may be saints on this board
12.gif
, but I''m NOT one of them.....unless saints pout and throw the occasional WHY HASN''T IT HAPPENED YET tantrum! It comes in stages/waves I think
30.gif

You know what? Just in thinking about all of this and typing it out, I think it''s the gals on this board who''ve helped me get to this semi-zen place!! I felt so totally alone in my pre-engagement-insanity--all of my friends are either already married or totally single--and discovering that there was a whole group of women who were in the same state of almost-there-but-not-yet-limbo has been so comforting. Maybe that''s it?
25.gif

So....thanks to all the ladies in waiting new and old!!

YUM.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Susi, welcome!!! I'm sure Goldengirl will have you on the list before long
1.gif

Wow, with graduation, Christmas, and a new HOUSE, I think you can be pretty sure that a proposal will go along with one of those milestons. So I bet your stay here will be short too!

Goldengirl, your living room sounds GREAT! I love the color sage and I love the feeling of DIY accomplishment.

Kimberly, that's one thing I love about pave-bezel settings...it makes stones look SO blingy, so I'm sure your .7 will look like at LEAST a carat in it, if not larger. Here's a picture from the Bailey Banks & Biddle site....it's a 3/4 carat center stone, so pretty close to what yours will be and I think it looks BIG! (This is the ritani...you mentioned the daniel k, but you get the idea)

ritani.75.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Blueroses:

What a ring you posted! Well if tantrums need be then that''s what you have to do. It must be hard for married/engaged friends to relate to your pain. So you share the pain (and the pics) with this website. I love desperate housewives. I feel a bit like Gabrielle though (probably not a good sign for future marriage) I don''t know something about the not enough attention from a husband that is not ever around. Maybe that''s why I''m not ready for the permenent commitement thing!! So Christmas maybe or thankgiving for the big proposal? I love hearing proposal stories. It always makes me smile.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Hey Susi!

I just joined yesterday, but anyway - yyou''re at Florida? I live in Jax now - since I dropped out of law school three weeks ago. LOL. Hate the law, couldn''t do it anymore, so I left!

Anyway, is your house in G-ville? My BF and I just built a house too, moved in in Sept (well, he did, I moved in 3 weeks ago).

Anyway, just sayin'' hi!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 4:17:54 PM
Author: allycat0303
Goldengirl: I like the whole holiday thing. I can''t remember stats but have you been waiting long? And the ring.. does your boyfriend know what you want? or did he pick it out? I love proposal stories. I''m such a cynic about my life and romance but I like hearing about romantic stories for other people.

Madarski: Hmm 2.14 cushion. Jeez I wish too. What is your ring going to be if I might ask? You know, I''ve never met a gold digger so I am so intrigued by this concept. I mean really, does the guy think it is going to last? Does he know what is happening or is he blind??

So on subject of e-rings. I was thinking today about culture and rings. See where I live (Quebec) as you all know is mostly french speaking (me included but don''t hate me for it). So there is a very european attitude about marriage/sex/ relationships. Quebec people have the highest percentage of living together and having children without marriage. I don''t know if this is why e-rings aren''t that big a deal. All this to say that I have never seen a 1, 1.5 of 2 carat engagement rings. My boyfriend''s friends fiancee all have 0.25 Carats (I know 5 girls). But I did once see a 5 carat ring. I was volunterring at a cancer outreach program and this elderly woman had a five carat cushion cat diamond. I kept on staring at it because well the glare was insane. I would have been insanely jealous but she was dying of cancer and she said to me that she had said to her husband ''You will a very good husband for another woman'' They had been together since they were both 13 years old. I was heartbroken, it still makes me sad to think of it.

Allycat: Your Canadian came out in your Jeez, I wish too! LOL! I am Canadian (married to an American) and from Ontario, et je parle francais aussi, mais mon francais ecrit n''est pas tres bon! Ma famille est francaise. Anyways. I agree with you. All of my friends have rings that are .5carats max. When I chose my engagement ring 5 years ago, I chose a .17c engagement ring because that is pretty much all I knew. It is RARE to see a 1, 1.5, 2.0 carat in Canada, period. However, since I now live in the land of the free and home of the brave, I will be upgrading to a 3ctw diamond ring in 3 weeks!! LOL!

That story about the elderly lady is heartbreaking.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Well for all of my momentary quasi-zen and excited picture posting, now I am approaching the other end of the roller coaster again. Just off the phone with the bf and I don''t think anything is going to be happening over the holiday.
39.gif
40.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Fortheloveofdiamonds!

Oh a fellow Canadian! i have the same problem with my written french!! Although I''m going to be starting at the Univeriste de Montreal next september. I''m doing major french grammer. You chose a 0.17 Carat!!! Thank god for the American who changed your ways! What an upgrade! I''m going to go for a 1.5 carat because I don''t think my boyfriend can afford more until we''re older. You know in all honesty I said 0.25 carats on my friends because I though that was the smallest that was made, but it could have been 0.15. They are so small! Maybe its some strange Canadian thing. I check all the time at engagement rings (I can''t help myself)

I dream, dream of a 3 carat ring. I figure later in life, I''ll just buy myself one if my husband isn''t willing! Don''t forget to post a picture of your new rock. I wonder what your family will think when they see it?

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Maybe he''s tricking you? Can I mention that I find it COMPLETELY UNFAIR that they get to hold us on a string like this! Anyway, maybe he is trying to throw you off...the holiday season hasn''t even started yet (I refuse to believe it starts before Thanksgiving) so he could just want you to not expect anything.

It''s all probably my fauly, lol - I questioned your "quasi-zen" state...and you lost it. LOL - I''m sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results