shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

susiQ

Rough_Rock
KimberJEB- Our house is in Jax (technically St Johns County on 210). Were you at Florida for school?? I can''t wait to move...my BF and I have been in the Gville-Jax long distance relationship for 2.5 years now! At least its only a little over an hour drive! What part of Jax are you in?

blueroses-Thanks for the welcome! Reading this forum has become an addiction for me... not good at the end of the semester right before graduation! All this engagement excitement is distracting... but even without the forum, 2 of my friends just got engaged and 1 married in the past 2 months.... so theres no escape!!!

susi

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, sorry - thought I said that. I was at UFLaw for the past 2 years.

Our house is actually in Orange Park, in the new Oak Leaf Plantation development. I wanted to be on 210 (my mom and horses live in St. aug) but, BF fell totally in love with this neighborhood! LOL.

Growing up here I never thought I liked it, couldn''t wait to get to Gainesville (went to UNF undergrad). Got there and couldn''t wait to come home!!! Of course the long distance thing didn''t help that any;-)

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 12
6.gif
2:17 AM
Author: allycat0303
Fortheloveofdiamonds!

Oh a fellow Canadian! i have the same problem with my written french!! Although I''m going to be starting at the Univeriste de Montreal next september. I''m doing major french grammer. You chose a 0.17 Carat!!! Thank god for the American who changed your ways! What an upgrade! I''m going to go for a 1.5 carat because I don''t think my boyfriend can afford more until we''re older. You know in all honesty I said 0.25 carats on my friends because I though that was the smallest that was made, but it could have been 0.15. They are so small! Maybe its some strange Canadian thing. I check all the time at engagement rings (I can''t help myself)

I dream, dream of a 3 carat ring. I figure later in life, I''ll just buy myself one if my husband isn''t willing! Don''t forget to post a picture of your new rock. I wonder what your family will think when they see it?
Yup I actually chose my 0.17c it is very tiny but I will always keep it because it means so much. LOL! The American who changed my ways! He he! Im just lucky he didn''t say no to the upgrade! I think he is planning on re-proposing LOL! He''s too funny. I think you will really like the 1.5c... I thought I wanted to go for 2c but decided against it... I wanted a specific setting (see avatar) and it was expensive and decided that it was the beauty of the whole ring that mattered.

I can''t help but checking out engagement rings either. I know it is horrible. I swear that small diamonds is a Canadian thing..I think they are just not trained to want bling! Maybe it is the cold that got into our brain LOL!

I totally can appreciate the "i''ll buy it for myself if he isn''t willing" because we are independent women LOL! 3 Carats is HUUUUGE!! My whole ring is 3 carats total weight, 1.5c center, 1.5c eternity band setting.. Let me tell you, its heavy..i''ll have to get used to it.. Oh! there could be worse things...

I will totally post pics when I get it. I am not sure what my family is going to say when they see the new rock. I haven''t told them that my husband was upgrading.. I figured they would notice! LOL! My husband says he feels bad for my brother-in-law to be. My sis got engaged this past summer and her fiance bought the standard "canadian" size ring. I told him he did set the bar high....but that I was worth it.. he agreed. I''ll let you know what they say.. Your e-ring will also be impressive!!!!!

susiQ

Rough_Rock
We looked in Oakleaf plantation... what a great neighborhood, congrats! I will be attending UNF also, how''d you like it? (How about the Gators beating the Noles?!?)

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
UNF was great. I am not sure I appreciated it at the time, but now looking back - I loved it. I hope to go back for grad school in a couple years. I was on campus last week to have my transcripts sent for a job and I just wanted to STAY!!!

I was SOOOO Happy about that game. BF is a nole fan (why? I dont know...he went to UNF and EVERYONE in his famlily to UF...but his aunt went to FSU, so hes a fan). So of course we have a yearly battle about this. And I believe the gators are something like 2-5 for the 7 years we''ve been together. So I was thrilled!!! And if we get a decent coach...what''s up with spurrier defecting to SC?

So what are you going to UNF for?

Oh - Oakleaf is nice. Personally, I want a few acres in the middle of nowhere so I can have my horses and no neighbors. But of all the neighborhoods we looked at, I do like this one. And our neighbors are cool. And its pretty!

susiQ

Rough_Rock
Nursing... I''ll be leaving UF with a Psychology/Sociology dual degree... but I have always wanted to work in medicine.. just don''t want to dedicate my life to Med school!!! My BF has a condo right down the road from UNF, yet I have only checked out campus once!!!!

My BF is the proudest UF alumni you will ever meet, so last night was one of the happiest moments of his life
2.gif
Don''t think we will be getting Spurrier back, but I don''t blame him...he is a legend and wants to keep it that way.

So what are you in the market for as far as your ering???? How open are you and your BF about the engagement ring buying process??? We did some looking together then he went to bluenile and used what he had learned from looking with me (and pricescope) and picked out a ring. For the past few months I have been getting the itch and hoping my bf was feeling the same. It has been fristrating at times, esp. b/c we are building a freaking house together!!!!.... but oddly enough, even knowing he already has the ring, I am still antsy and waiting!!!! I have concluded that feeling will not go away until I am proposed to!!!

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
I was a Psych/History major at UNF!

Yeah, I know why Spurrier isn''t coming back, but SC??? Anyway, I just hope we get a new coach!

Um, we''ve been together for 7 years, since I was 16. I have been ready to get engaged (not married, just wanted the commitment) for 2.5. Now, I am ready for all of it, we haev a freaking house! Anyway, we have talked about it off and on - we kind of have looked together, but then nothing happens for months on end, it comes back up, blahblah, this has been going on for years. I think he is just happy how things are, I of course am not. I have no idea if he will ever get anything done if I don''t freaking do it for him (I had to send out his resumes for jobs too, he isn''t lazy, the opposite, he just doesn''t like to do things that cause change...or something!). So, I don''t know. He knows what I like, but i have no idea when he will order it. Actualyl what I really want I have never seen, so it would have to be custome made...and he wouild never pull that off...at least I can''t imagine it.

Something like this is probably what I will end up - which I love - just not my dream image if I got to go to the store, tell them what to do, and make him pay for it. (but I dont want taht, we need SOME romanticism left!) :) Ok, never mind...cant upload, but its the diamond and sapphire setting at bluenile, white gold, emerald cut.

Anyway, I think I just made Daniel sound like a total bum, and he''s not - he''s just...oh, I dont know, a great guy but a PITA on this topic!

" It has been fristrating at times, esp. b/c we are building a freaking house together!!!!.... "
LOLOLOL - trust me, I get it. We built this house over the summer, and I kept hoping that on the day we closed, but no. It''s dumb really, I know he loves me, I know he is going to marry me, but I want to have that symbol...and I want it NOW (or 2 years ago)!

I talk too much when I am awake in the middle of the night:) I just can''t shut up, but since I can go on on this subject for hours (just as ALL my friends) I will stop now. I swear!

susiQ

Rough_Rock
I know what you mean. The day we put money down on our lot we sat down and had a talk about what it meant (that we would be together and married) and since then I had been waiting and waiting. We would talk about it and go look for a ring, the anniversary/birthday/vacations etc would go by and --nothing--. It wasnt until I found this site that he actually got serious. I think maybe he just had a certain time (graduation/closing) in mind?.. ..or maybe he liked the fact that he could get me a ring online for $3000 less than at the mall!!!lol
Anyhow, I like to think guys really arent as clueless as they let us believe.... I am sure Daniel has something in mind!!!! But I hear you! When youre building a house with someone it gets a little awkward to not be married or at least engaged! In our neighborhood they put up a sign that says "Future home of the _____''s" on your lot while they build your house, they had a hard time understanding why we wanted both our names on there... and meeting our middle aged neighbors who are baffled by our non existing marital status... you can see them looking for wedding bands!!!etc, etc
(don''t worry, with 2 engaged friends and a newly wed friend I breathe this stuff!!!!
1.gif
)

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
THere''s an OakLeaf social committee that I really want to join. I don''t know WHY I want to join it (as it is completley against my pre-move in beliefs that neighborhoods shouldn''t be social!) but I do. But I kind of feel uncomfortable going into a meeting with all these married ladies who I am sure will ask about my "husband", and then I have to explain the whole thing.

So did you pick out your ring and he ordered it, or did you just find out that he has it, or what? I wish I at least though Daniel had one, or was going to, but on the other hand if he did I would be driving myself NUTS waiting (like I''m not already, right?).

njc

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY COW!!! Making a new board created a sudden boom in population... Welcome to all the new ladies!!!

JCJD!!! Congratulations!!! So glad he was able to make his "by Thanksgiving" deadline! And of course we need to see pics of the ring you have now!!! Love the proposal too! I watched Return of the King this weekend too, but i wasnt so lucky! YEA!!!

DenverKat - I love your little Gollum creation and that it in "his language"... hope it does the trick!

SusiQ - neighbors who are baffled by our non existing marital status... you can see them looking for wedding bands!!!
Me and my FI2b (need to start breaking the FI word in!) are in the process of buying a house together and we get the same kind of response from everyone. Its a little annoying, but ive gotten used to it. My mother might be the worst though!

And on the ring front... its in my apartment... somewhere!!!
23.gif
He picked it up on friday before i got home from work and stashed it away somewhere! He confessed that hes dying to give it to me, but still needs to talk to my parents, which i admit is all my doing... i am the baby girl and think my parents would love to feel included in that way! I said he could just call them but he refused saying that was something he wanted to do in person. So now i dont know what to do! I think im even more anxious than ever!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Fortheloveofdiamonds:

The cold weather indeed...or maybe the incessent hockey that is always on TV (but not this season boys!!!!) My guy is hockey crazed.. plays it four times a week and watches it almost every other night so you can imagine my joy (quietly of course) that the NHL is on strike!!!! We are independent women aren''t we? I think its really nice if your guy can buy diamonds for you, but if not, well that is certinly not going to stop us!

Well you avatar must be your new upgrade and it is beautiful. I really love the eternity bands on a ring or on a wedding band. Well your sister will probably be influanced by your big rock and start asking for a bigger ring! You future brother in law may not be so happy with that! I suppose your ring is custiom ordered... and where is it from?

You know its so sad but I don''t even know where to look at beautiful rings in Montreal! There are barely any reputable jewellers! Of course there is Birks but I find their things very plain.

NJC: Wow! Your ring is in your proximity every night??? I don''t know how you girls manage to stop from searching for it. When I suspected I was getting an eternity band for Christmas I tore apart the apartement. I didn''t find the ring but I did find the reciept. I acted
surprised
11.gif
! You must have the restraint of a saint!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday and SHORT WEEK to everyone....

I''d be tearing the house upside down too if I knew the ring was in the vicinity!

I think we are still waiting for some pictures? At least of temporary bling.....
31.gif

I now have ZERO idea what, if anything, might happen over Thanksgivng and I guess that''s better than expectation.

*sigh*

On the upside, I am probably seeing U2 for free today in a "surprise" concert to promote their new album
6.gif
...I''ll keep you posted!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 11:45:47 AM
Fortheloveofdiamonds:

I don't know how you girls manage to stop from searching for it. When I suspected I was getting an eternity band for Christmas I tore apart the apartement. I didn't find the ring but I did find the reciept. I acted
surprised
11.gif
! You must have the restraint of a saint!
Its not so much that, as im pretty sure its in his closet (only space in the apartment thats solely his) and im afriad of what else might be lying in there! Hes your typical messy male! I did find the reciept (i said i wasnt willing to look in his closet, not his wallet!) but it gave me no info other than the $$, which i had an idea about anyways... just a bunch of random numbers that represented what he bought.

Edited to add: How cool Blue! I love U2! Very jealous....

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 11:45:47 AM
Fortheloveofdiamonds:

The cold weather indeed...or maybe the incessent hockey that is always on TV (but not this season boys!!!!) My guy is hockey crazed.. plays it four times a week and watches it almost every other night so you can imagine my joy (quietly of course) that the NHL is on strike!!!! We are independent women aren''t we? I think its really nice if your guy can buy diamonds for you, but if not, well that is certinly not going to stop us!

Well you avatar must be your new upgrade and it is beautiful. I really love the eternity bands on a ring or on a wedding band. Well your sister will probably be influanced by your big rock and start asking for a bigger ring! You future brother in law may not be so happy with that! I suppose your ring is custiom ordered... and where is it from?

You know its so sad but I don''t even know where to look at beautiful rings in Montreal! There are barely any reputable jewellers! Of course there is Birks but I find their things very plain. !
Hey allycat:

Ah yes hockey. My husband is a football fan but my brother-in-law2b is a hockey crazed guy!! It is crazy. But, my sis loves hockey too, so I guess they are a good match.

It is true, it is nice if your guy buys you nice jewelry, but it won''t stop me from buying anything else I might like. If my DH doesn''t feel like buying me the matching e-band to go with my new e-ring...i''ll just get it myself...

Yup, my avatar is my new upgrade! Thanks for the compliments. My sis will probably be influenced by the rock, but I don''t her DH will get her a bigger ring right away. The rings that she hinted at before the proposal were substantially bigger than what he picked out so...i guess i''ll her try mine on LOL!

Yes my ring was custom ordered. The ring designer is Michael B. I know you like settings like the Ritani Endless love so you might want to check out Michael B. stuff, his designs are breathaking...and all rings are hand-crafted. You can see them at www.pearlmansjewelers.com . My husband and I decided to go with Pearlman''s for our purchase because Bill has given us such great service. I highly recommend him.

I have no clue where to look for rings in Montreal...but you are right, everything in Canada, I think, is very plain!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD- CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you...that proposal sounds sweet! Cannot wait to see the rign when you get it...and to hear all the details of planning.

Fortheloveofdiamonds- love your tagline...saw Elf this weekend and laughed my head off- so silly, but fun! This is the North Pole...no it''s not...yes it is...no its not...yes it is....

aeli

Rough_Rock
This thread has doubled over the weekend!

Fortheloveofdiamonds - I looooooove your ring.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. If my one & only and I had actually looked around for more than a few minutes before choosing a ring, I would have gone nuts over one like yours. I can''t wait to have mine on my finger, though. It was supposed to be in last Wednesday, but the jewelry store messed up (again - don''t think we''ll ever be going back aside from getting the matching band), so hopefully today...

Blueroses - U2...I''m jealous. Hope you have a fantastic time.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, susiQ! My, you ladies were busy over the weekend!
1.gif
I didn't think I'd miss much by agreeing to home-improvement-ing since PS is usually DEAD over the weekends. I swear I'm usually the only person online, replying to four-day-old posts in an attempt to get a response from SOMEbody.
11.gif
I guess it's okay, though, since I'm as American as apple pie...meaning I know practically nothing about other cultures.
2.gif
In fact, the only thing I know about Canada is that they're welcome to take my boss back, anytime!!
14.gif

New list!

Jean
lsmathis1
Mari
mostlywatching
Audrey Hepburn
ChooChoo
MelissaSue
msbennie
Bethanying
JennaJ
sparkler29
gingerBcookie
goldengirl
chialea
reena
stellamarina
1215n
JCJD
JKohio
tlmd
kaya
njc
ivanadiamond
rfath
Tybee
LaurenThePartier
firerock
tulipcloud
jenwill
palmbaybabe
denverkat
yanekie25
sciencegeek
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
Brocksgirl24
allycat0303
dietvanillacoke
aeli
Morticia
icekid
LuvthatSparkle
Kberly
KimberJEB
kit0110
allycat0303
Queenofhearts
susiQ
Dodger Gurl

oothibo
, where are you?? I was expecting good news from you this weekend??

njc, my money's on you going next!!
3.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 1
6.gif
1:51 PM
Author: jenwill
JCJD- CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you...that proposal sounds sweet! Cannot wait to see the rign when you get it...and to hear all the details of planning.

Fortheloveofdiamonds- love your tagline...saw Elf this weekend and laughed my head off- so silly, but fun! This is the North Pole...no it''s not...yes it is...no its not...yes it is....

Jenwill:

LOL! I know ELF is SOOO funny. My husband and I don''t have cable right now..so we play scrabble and watch Elf everynight. He has dared me to answer the phone and say: "Buddy the Elf, What''s your favorite Color?" Hihi!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Aeli:

Thank you for the compliment! I can''t wait to get it on my finger! My jeweler actually sent me these two Michael B. settings so that I could wear them around for 1 day and see how I liked it...Well...I fell in love with it...I barely even tried on the other one..it just wasn''t as impressive...this baby sparkles like crazy..flashes of bling in all directions!!! and the center stone on the *display* setting was just a CZ so I can''t even imagine it with an ideal cut diamond! Wow!

I can''t wait to see your ring.. I know it will be gorgeous! That is too bad about your jeweler though...but now that you are here I am sure you your jewelry needs will be met lol!

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I feel like I have been away for weeks. JCJD, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That''s awesome. He just couldn''t wait how sweet. So where are those pictures.

Weekend update: I went to visit my favorite setting, which they didn''t have but had others. So I looked at those. BF came home on Sunday (away at retreat) , and we discussed the ring and expectations. It was very good. We both stayed very calm. I won''t get my favorite setting, which I am okay with. It is still 3-sided pave platinum. I asked for a few changes to the ring, i.e. claw prongs - silly boy thought I wouldn''t want them with this style(njc, he knew what they were) and then the crown to be more of a basket shape. He designed the ring, but alas didn''t mention these lovely details to the jeweler. He is going to see, which is all I ask. I am rather calm surprisingly. I am glad I got some info, because I knew he isn''t into details and so am. I know no one will notice, like reena said but you PS ladies, but I want to know its there. He suggested changed the setting, but the one he is having made is still expensive $2k, so it is crazy to throw that money away to get something more expensive. He is not as frustrated as before which is good. He did let slip that the plan for me to receive the ring is already in place. Which totally blew me, so now I wondering who are the co-conspirators. I was suppose to go to a dinner at a friends tonight, but can''t make it. He seemed overly bummed, which was just weird. I thought he wasn''t even going to go, but since he can get a ride from another friend he is gong, so it was convenient. He couldn''t have planned it for tonight. IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it
emidea.gif

So, I am now calmly waiting. Let''s see how long that lasts, right....

Poker face

Rough_Rock
Well look what happened while I was out of town!!! Congrats JCJD and greetings to all the new ladies in waiting. My BF took me out of town for a few days to celebrate our anniversary. It was amazing and we had the best time. I knew that a proposal wasn''t in the cards (I could just feel it, ya know?) so I let go of that fantasy and enjoyed the awesome long weekend we had together.

It''s funny ''cause several of you ladies have said this board makes you feel more sane and I''ve actually had to scale back on my PS reading because the more I read the more freaky I get about getting engaged and OMG what did he pick or what will he pick ....
emcrook.gif
. Ahhhhhhhhh breathe....

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
omg you ladies have been busy! like gg...i figured things would be dead over the weekend...little do i know!

njc - you're next! you're next! i so do NOT have your restraint...i would have torn the house APART (and totally prob would've gotten caught) by now! eek...do you have butterflies 24/7, just waiting?!?!

gg - how fun! i can't wait until he can "officially" move in so we can fix up the place together. i say officially cuz he practically lives with me right anyway...but not really since my parents are muy muy conservative and would have apoplexy att the thought.

we're hitting the 6.5 yr mark pretty soon...and i've definitely noticed an increased amount of sly stares towards my left ring finger. hasn't started to bother me yet..but i can see how that could get REAL OLD REAL SOON.

blu - busted a gut on your bouqet toss stories! what did your bf think when it happened?

sooo...we went to bailey banks &biddle yesterday to look at rings...since brian the cutter advised me to rethink my ring design...i wanted inspiration. Usually, I am REALLY intimidated walking into the really nice jewelry places and feel awful asking ales people to help me cuz i know i'm not gonna buy right then and there. Serendiptiously, the sales guy ended up knowing my bf, and so they kept chatting about their old middle school days and I would point to a ring and he would pull it out with only half his attention, hand it to me and let me play with it to m heart's desire why they did the man talk. It was GREAT! SO I ended up trying on TONS of rings, even those I normally wouldn't cuz of what i thought my "taste" was (very simple, classic, no intricate designs/engravings). But for kicks, since it's so popular, I decided to try on one of the tacoris.

MY HEART STOPPED.

it was the most gorgeous thing I'd ever seen sitting on my finger.

So now I am 100% confused on what I want!
6.gif
my bf is completely exasperated cuz i no i can't even decide on a style. Oh well...i guess that means more ring trying on expeditions!
9.gif

edited to add: i tried to find a pic, but the tacori site won't let me... its http://www.tacori.com and just click on collections - bridal - rosebud.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh here is laney''s tacori rosebud ring! how gorgeous is that!!!!

tacori rosebudfromside.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh and here is one last pic...i am OBSESSED!

tacorirosebud.gif

susiQ

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 10:53:33 AM
Author: KimberJEB
THere''s an OakLeaf social committee that I really want to join. I don''t know WHY I want to join it (as it is completley against my pre-move in beliefs that neighborhoods shouldn''t be social!) but I do. But I kind of feel uncomfortable going into a meeting with all these married ladies who I am sure will ask about my ''husband'', and then I have to explain the whole thing.

So did you pick out your ring and he ordered it, or did you just find out that he has it, or what? I wish I at least though Daniel had one, or was going to, but on the other hand if he did I would be driving myself NUTS waiting (like I''m not already, right?).

I gave my BF guidelines.... I wanted minimum of VS2 and H and the diamond had to be Ideal cut round (H&A if possible). I gave him table and depth ranges to stay w/in and for size between .75 and .99 ct. I also did not want him to spend more than $4500 (we have quite the mortgage waiting for us.... not to mention purchasing window treatments, some new furniture, a fence... all the expenses that come with a new house) For the setting I wanted a white gold cathedral (size 4.5)- something simple and elegant. ( As far as my decision on size-A lot of my friends have over a carat and at first I kinda felt the pressure to go big, but I have small fingers and I will be working in a hospital with latex gloves and patients who may not care to see bling on thier nurses fingers. Over all I am pretty active ... i think something larger may get in the way. Also some of my friends went big, but really skipped out on quality, which I didnt want to do) ...So Reese did some shopping and found a really nice stone for just under $4000, had it put in a whitegold cathedral setting for a grand total of approx. $4200. The diamond is a .84 VS1 H non branded H&A. He let me take a peek just to make sure I loved it b/c he won''t be proposing within the time we have to return the ring. I have to say he did an amazing job picking it. Even he was surprised at how nice it was (he has never seen a really nice diamond, just the ones at the mall with visible inclusions and poor cut etc.) Now its hidden away somewhere in his condo. (the temptation is killing me, although I can respect him wanting it to be somewhat of a surprise! He doesnt really like the fact that I know too much already, BUT he is thankful that he didnt pay $7000 for the exact same ring elsewhere, which he would have if it werent for my involvement) So I am trying to be strong and let him do things the way he has dreamed about doing them (although I do not need an extravagent proposal, but he thinks I deserve one). I forgot that it is his big day to shine too, so if he has something special he wants to do on a certain date I can wait. I never really understood that before. But don''t let me fool you, I''m still dying for it to happen.

Maybe if you guide Daniel in the right direction-- with no pressure just say "for future reference..." and give him a cheat sheet of what to look for in a diamond...... sometimes I think guys just are overwhelemed with not knowing were to start and being worried about not understanding what is good and whats not. It worked for me and I think I ended up with what I wanted and Reese still feels like he kinda did it on his own because he was able to narrow it down himself.

susiQ

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 11:25:52 AM
Author: njc
HOLY COW!!! Making a new board created a sudden boom in population... Welcome to all the new ladies!!!

JCJD!!! Congratulations!!! So glad he was able to make his ''by Thanksgiving'' deadline! And of course we need to see pics of the ring you have now!!! Love the proposal too! I watched Return of the King this weekend too, but i wasnt so lucky! YEA!!!

DenverKat - I love your little Gollum creation and that it in ''his language''... hope it does the trick!

SusiQ - neighbors who are baffled by our non existing marital status... you can see them looking for wedding bands!!!
Me and my FI2b (need to start breaking the FI word in!) are in the process of buying a house together and we get the same kind of response from everyone. Its a little annoying, but ive gotten used to it. My mother might be the worst though!

And on the ring front... its in my apartment... somewhere!!!
23.gif
He picked it up on friday before i got home from work and stashed it away somewhere! He confessed that hes dying to give it to me, but still needs to talk to my parents, which i admit is all my doing... i am the baby girl and think my parents would love to feel included in that way! I said he could just call them but he refused saying that was something he wanted to do in person. So now i dont know what to do! I think im even more anxious than ever!

Not only is it that we are not married, but we are also very young in comparison to most of our neighbors and we have no kids (we''re totally odd balls). One day I was walking through our house to see the progress and a neighbor approached me and asked me if it was my parent''s house!

My BF had the talk with my dad 3 weeks ago, so we are ready to go! He did it in person and I think my parents really respected such a nice gesture. I think your parents will appreciate it as well.

Are you planning on trying to find the secreat hiding place???
11.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock

I certainly am more anxious than ever. Before i was like oh boy, today could be the day, always knowing in the back of my head it really wasnt. But now that he has the ring, it really could be any day!

I had the same feeling about Tacori. I used to see pictures of them and think that they were WAAAY too much as far as details and extra diamonds and that i wanted something more simple. I tried one on and was hooked. But i did find a compromise (in price and details). I picked out 3 settings for the b/f to choose "the one" from and i really hope its this one! Its just a solitare but i love the engraving. From a distance it looks plain, but close up you can see all the pretty details. I love the rosebud setting too! If we had a bigger ring budget, i would try to go for something more like that!

66129_tacori25.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Yeah.. its amazing what a difference even the engagement makes when people see two people moving in together. Fiance and I went to an "open house" at this upscale apartment complex on friday. The lady didn''t even want to SHOW us the model because we said we were both still in school, and granted we were dressed like bums because we were just out for lunch on a friday afternoon, but her mind changed when my fiance told her we were engaged (and she was further swayed when I told her I was a grad student.. but STILL.. was it that much of a trouble to take 5 minutes out of her busy schedule to show us the model apartment?). I was really turned off by her snootiness, and the apartments are probably out of our price range anyway.. and the model apartment smelled funny... but.. come on.. I can only imagine how real estate people and lenders are with people who aren''t married/engaged.

NJC- I do NOT know how you resist tearing your apartment apart! If I would have known the ring was in HIS house, I probably would have gone over there when no one was home and torn the place apart. He proposed the day he picked it up though. :)

Ginger - THat tacori setting is GORGEOUS. I have not always been a fan of tacori, but I remember when Laney posted that one it totally changed my mind about tacori. I love the little side rounds.. Its soo sparkly. I think that IT is what you want.. even though you think that you are confused about what you want. Give it a few days to sink in.. you''ll see. I thought that I liiked a couple rings that were close to mine just as much as the one I got, but after a day or two after seeing them I always went back to my A Jaffe. Same thing happened with the wedding gown thing.. Thought I liked the other one, but as the week went on, I went back to loving the original. Haven''t bought it yet.. but I WANT to.

Melissa

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We work pretty much the same schedule and are always together so its hard to tear the apartment up when hes ALWAYS in the next room! Plus id have to clean it up
14.gif
But dont think that i havent tried to come up with a way... Hey honey, can you run to the store we need some milk!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results