shape
carat
color
clarity

The Abortion Debate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2008 4:45:22 AM
Author: LaraOnline

It all started to spiral down when ballroom dancing went out of vogue as a common social pastime...
38.gif
9.gif
haha
Lara, this made me LOL!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 12:07:54 AM
Author: trillionaire
we are in no rush about a vasectomy
21.gif
Not to sound pessimistic, but if we didn't work out, I'd like him to have an option to have a family with someone else, if he wanted. Though he is more anti-kid than I am. He hates the idea of me going through childbirth after seeing a few videos/tv shows
5.gif
lol. I've had an IUD for a few years, and love the convenience, but it has made my hormones wacky, so I'm going to get it out shortly, though I may move to the copper IUD (10 yrs! whooohoooo!). To bring the discussion back to relevance, I hear that some people are opposed to IUDs because you can conceive, but the baby usually can't attach, thus 'terminating' the pregnancy. I think this is why tubal pregnancies are more common with IUDs. I think that goes back to whether life begins at conception, or sometime closer to viability. Such a difficult thing to agree on!

I also wonder about abortion and declining replacement rates. Do we generally see a trend of more mothers having more abortions or fewer kids? (ie, interference with careers/lifestyle) How do we address this issue, if that is the case?
Trillionaire - The copper IUD was the one that I became pregnant while using. I also had HORRIBLE side effects. TMI - but I couldn't even leave the house for one day out of the month b/c of how heavy my cycle was. It truely was TERRIBLE and My TOTM was about twice what it normally is. I also tried Mirena and began having headaches and decided to have that one taken out too.

Yes, there is debate that an IUD causes "an abortion," and that's what appeared to happen with me. I still opted for another IUD and after it's removal used Plan B a few times when DH and I were active w/out using a condom and some pharmacists won't despense that pill claiming it's an abortion as well. I guess based on my history, I could possibly have had another child within the last few years.

This whole debate is difficult for me because BOTH of my kids were planned and I never intended to have any more. What would I do if I were to become pregnant again? DH and I couldn't afford a third child and our current insurance isn't good AND I had complications with both pregnancies so there are too many factors at play and I want my options to be open if I had to make a choice at any point in my future.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 12:04:39 PM
Author: MC
Date: 10/21/2008 12:07:54 AM

Author: trillionaire

we are in no rush about a vasectomy
21.gif
Not to sound pessimistic, but if we didn''t work out, I''d like him to have an option to have a family with someone else, if he wanted. Though he is more anti-kid than I am. He hates the idea of me going through childbirth after seeing a few videos/tv shows
5.gif
lol. I''ve had an IUD for a few years, and love the convenience, but it has made my hormones wacky, so I''m going to get it out shortly, though I may move to the copper IUD (10 yrs! whooohoooo!). To bring the discussion back to relevance, I hear that some people are opposed to IUDs because you can conceive, but the baby usually can''t attach, thus ''terminating'' the pregnancy. I think this is why tubal pregnancies are more common with IUDs. I think that goes back to whether life begins at conception, or sometime closer to viability. Such a difficult thing to agree on!

I also wonder about abortion and declining replacement rates. Do we generally see a trend of more mothers having more abortions or fewer kids? (ie, interference with careers/lifestyle) How do we address this issue, if that is the case?
Trillionaire - The copper IUD was the one that I became pregnant while using. I also had HORRIBLE side effects. TMI - but I couldn''t even leave the house for one day out of the month b/c of how heavy my cycle was. It truely was TERRIBLE and My TOTM was about twice what it normally is. I also tried Mirena and began having headaches and decided to have that one taken out too.

Yes, there is debate that an IUD causes ''an abortion,'' and that''s what appeared to happen with me. I still opted for another IUD and after it''s removal used Plan B a few times when DH and I were active w/out using a condom and some pharmacists won''t despense that pill claiming it''s an abortion as well. I guess based on my history, I could possibly have had another child within the last few years.

This whole debate is difficult for me because BOTH of my kids were planned and I never intended to have any more. What would I do if I were to become pregnant again? DH and I couldn''t afford a third child and our current insurance isn''t good AND I had complications with both pregnancies so there are too many factors at play and I want my options to be open if I had to make a choice at any point in my future.

Yeah, there is a lot of weight put on women. I know myself, I will NOT remember to take BC everyday. No woman I know always takes it at the right day and time. Maybe Nuvoring would be ok, but I love the convenience of the IUD and I don''t have periods at all!
36.gif
I would hate to get pregnant, but if I did, I would have to end the pregnancy. SO and I are not in a position to, nor interested in having children.

Does anyone know if there is a biological/ecological argument for or against abortion? I know I have read about people who don''t have kids as part of a green lifestyle. Maybe I need to dig up some old books...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Psst...Trillionaire. I take my pill at the same time everyday. I have to take other meds, so I take them at the same time, and I have an alarm set and take them when it goes off.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 12:37:31 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Psst...Trillionaire. I take my pill at the same time everyday. I have to take other meds, so I take them at the same time, and I have an alarm set and take them when it goes off.
I''m on a medication and leave my RX jar next to my eye makeup. There is no way I''m leaving the house w/out at least mascara on!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 12:44:35 PM
Author: MC
Date: 10/21/2008 12:37:31 PM

Author: FrekeChild

I''m on a medication and leave my RX jar next to my eye makeup. There is no way I''m leaving the house w/out at least mascara on!

LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results