shape
carat
color
clarity

Star Sapphire E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NP -- I can see the attraction of the JM stone. It looks like a stone that has mysteries within it that will reveal themselves over time; a stone that one would not get tired of wearing.

However, I can''t help thinking of it as a more masculine stone because of that particular combination of deep colors. I''m not a particularly overtly feminine woman, but I think that might be more masculine than I would want in an engagement ring. It goes without saying that I''m also not your GF and you are in the best position to know her tastes -- I''m just giving you my reaction just in case.

I know it''s out of your price range by a bit, but the sapphire MZ posted is my favorite so far.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ,
That is one gorgeous violet star sapphire. The colour, the translucency and the strength of the star are all very good.
NeonPeon,
I also like the star JM procured. The translucency is excellent and the mottled effect is very cool. I suggest giving the GemTrader star sapphire a chance as well if you still want to look around.

NeonPeon

Rough_Rock
That violet star sapphire is perfect. It''s also a little out of my budget. I was feeling a little more aggressive on that previously, but there are strong rumors the branch of the company I work for is going under.

The gem I have has all sorts of technical "flaws" which that stone doesn''t have. It isn''t of uniform colour, even though it''s saturated, it doesn''t have a regular star. I''m sure after looking at many other stones that I don''t care, and I don''t think my girlfriend will care either, because it''s gorgeous.

It is more absorbing and interesting than any other stone I''ve looked at, the photograph doesn''t really do it justice, and I am positive my girlfriend would love it. It definitely has some magic, and appears remarkably different in many different lights, going from almost regal colours to lavender, but never uniformly, with fire from different strands of colour highlighting it.

There are two gems out there I think I could take a look at, but given how happy I am with this one, I wonder whether I should. If I go with this gem now, the custom setting can be ready for when I wanted to do my proposal, which is a small window when we will be in a certain location on the east coast (I live in California). If I try to exhaust all possibilities, others will come up, and I will certainly miss this timeframe.

At some point I have to call an end to this thing... is this the time? I mean, there will always be one more gem to look at, and its time consuming in terms of delaying the ring being made and would cause me to miss this date.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2009 2:24:45 PM
Author: NeonPeon
That violet star sapphire is perfect. It''s also a little out of my budget. I was feeling a little more aggressive on that previously, but there are strong rumors the branch of the company I work for is going under.

The gem I have has all sorts of technical ''flaws'' which that stone doesn''t have. It isn''t of uniform colour, even though it''s saturated, it doesn''t have a regular star. I''m sure after looking at many other stones that I don''t care, and I don''t think my girlfriend will care either, because it''s gorgeous.

It is more absorbing and interesting than any other stone I''ve looked at, the photograph doesn''t really do it justice, and I am positive my girlfriend would love it. It definitely has some magic, and appears remarkably different in many different lights, going from almost regal colours to lavender, but never uniformly, with fire from different strands of colour highlighting it.

There are two gems out there I think I could take a look at, but given how happy I am with this one, I wonder whether I should. If I go with this gem now, the custom setting can be ready for when I wanted to do my proposal, which is a small window when we will be in a certain location on the east coast (I live in California). If I try to exhaust all possibilities, others will come up, and I will certainly miss this timeframe.

At some point I have to call an end to this thing... is this the time? I mean, there will always be one more gem to look at, and its time consuming in terms of delaying the ring being made and would cause me to miss this date.
just my opinion, I say if you are happy with it now you should get it, remembering that your company maybe on the brinks of going under, so, my thoughts are if you can do it now, do so. There will always be anniversary to either upgrade and get something different later down the road. You also mention the small window of opportunity of your proposal- While you want the most perfect ring (gem) its more about the commitment, so if this is a doable gem and not breaking the bankd, go for it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NP -- You''re the one who''s had a chance to see the JM stone in person. You know your GF and what she would love. You know your timeframe.

If your gut is telling you to go with this stone, then by all means go for it!

And come back to show us the finished product, of course!
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NeonPeon,
My feel is when you see the right stone, your heart will tell you and you will just stop looking and wondering. This is the way I purchase gemstones – if I don’t fall completely in love with it at first sight, it is not the right one for me.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I think that the purple stone is beautiful and mesmerizing. I would want that that beauty for life. And I think that it''s actually v feminine.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

My personal opinion is that if a gem is magic, as you say yours is, that is way better than perfection
9.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 5:35:44 AM
Author: mariedtiger

It is more absorbing and interesting than any other stone I've looked at, the photograph doesn't really do it justice, and I am positive my girlfriend would love it. It definitely has some magic, and appears remarkably different in many different lights, going from almost regal colours to lavender, but never uniformly, with fire from different strands of colour highlighting it.

My personal opinion is that if a gem is magic, as you say yours is, that is way better than perfection
9.gif
I completely agree! It's your (yours and hers) eyes that count the most. It sounds like you are already falling for this stone! Personally, I think some "flaws" in a stone are what make it interesting, it just depends on what type of flaws you like. I love the colour of this stone, but that stripe might bother me. However, that's just my eyes. It sounds like your girlfriend has a distinct personality and she should probably have a stone to match.
emteeth.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Is there any updates on this ring? I can''t wait to see more of that stone and with a JM setting! Holy cr*p!
Kudos for doing something original...I would love a white star sapphire in a JM-esqe setting for my ering (white is my fav colour). :D

NeonPeon

Rough_Rock
I proposed over the weekend and it was fantastic.

I took my girlfriend out to the Adirondacks canoeing. The weather was atrocious, and I was slightly concerned but as we finished things started to improve, and as we drove south through the nippy autumn air and developing foliage, the sun began to break through the clouds. By the time we got to my college campus, the weather was perfect.

I booked us in a gorgeous bed and breakfast on the village green, period furniture, lovely place, we walked up the hill to our college (Hamilton) and I brought her into the glen where we had many a walk when we first got to know one another, read her a poem I have been working on for months, and proposed. Of course she said yes...

My girlfriend is over the moon about the ring, she loves it, her mum, who shares her slightly hippy tastes, loves it as well, and it has a certain elegance that even sells it to her more conservative grandparents.

I''ll be posting pictures shortly.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never commented early but I do love the star sapphire choice! i can''t wait to see pictures!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
aww! so sweet! congrats! I''ll bet she is just over the moon- star sapphires really are something else, definately wouldn''t mind adding another to my collection, lol.

can''t wait to see pictures of the gorgeous ring on your now fiance''s hand! how exciting!

NeonPeon

Rough_Rock
last one for now.

The thing that has struck me so much about this gem is its various moods, it alternates between regal hues of blue and purple to far milder colors depending on the light.

Anyway, I couldn''t more strongly recommend working with James Meyer, if you love his aesthetic, he couldn''t have been more helpful.

Thanks for the education all, this site was most helpful in its own right.

rsz_1rsz_img_2089.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring and congratulations on your engagement.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
wow. that is fantastically beautiful. In the last picture the gem almost looks other-worldly, as if someone took a snapshot of a cosmic dance and hid it away in the gem. its stunning.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beauty! It sure is not a conventional e-ring, and I mean that in the best way possible. Congrats!

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
Wow!!!! It is absolutely stunning - I LOVE IT!!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! The ring looks beautiful and thanks for coming back and sharing your story and pictures!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the update and pictures. Congratulations on the engagement and it’s a lovely ring.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a really awesome ring!
36.gif

-A

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely lovely ring and the color is gorgeous!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Oh how lovely! Congrats. I think I may have seen this ring in progress when i went to see him.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring. Thanks for coming back to show us the final product.

Congratulations to you both!
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully!! Congrats!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool ring. I''m glad it suits her to a T. Congrats and TFS!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow what an amazing ring! I''m glad everyone loves it and it turned out so well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results