Square off: OVAL vs ROUND

• ROUND

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • OVAL

Votes: 50 63.3%

• Total voters

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really looks phenomenal on your hand.

I think you made the perfect choice! It's a lovely stone and the pave flatters it instead of competing.

Wear it in good health and in happiness.

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much for the help and kind comments! I wanted to remove the thread because I felt :oops: for posting way too many pics.

Thanks again!! :D

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't remove your thread! PSr's love pics!!

I just saw this thread (I don't come to RockyTalky often) and was sold on the Jellybean from page 1! I read through all 4 pages to follow the story of what you chose and I am so glad you got that stone! It's gorgeous, and it looks perfect on your hand. I really like the setting you chose as well. Fabulous!

(I have an oval e-ring as well, and am planning a re-set someday, so it's nice to see different ovals in different settings.)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring!

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
I totally want an oval now! Your ring is so classy and beautiful!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
haha, we want MORE pictures, not fewer! :) Once I get my little ring back from the goldsmith (the one in my avatar), I am going to do an official SMTB thread on it with tons of pics. So, start a thread of your own over there and take a million pics in all sorts of lighting. THIS is the place to do it! Lord knows everyone in real life is tired of me talking about rings. :twirl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice choice!

oohsparkly

Shiny_Rock
I have been reading your thread with great interest and couldn't wait to get to the end so I could say - Get the oval!!! But you beat me to it!

That is an outstanding oval. In some of the comparison shots I thought - 'nice' about the round, but when I saw that elegant oval on your hand it was more 'oh, how beautiful!'. I think the facets look nicer than the round and it's a very bright diamond.

Great choice!

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
You guys rock! I love pics too...and lots of them, but I worry about annoying people, lol. You guys are probably gonna shoot me,but I ordered another oval to compare. I may cancel it because it's probably not worth the hassle. It's 2 colors lower, 3 clarity grades lower (not a huge deal there since this one is IF), BUT it's .37 bigger. Think it's worth seeing?

oohsparkly

Shiny_Rock
Spoken like a true pricescoper! There is always another diamond to consider!!

I have a 1.3 ct oval (with halo) and I think it's a nice size. Bigness is a serious factor in a diamond! Might as well check it out, but don't let that beauty go unless you find something equally lovely.

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
oohsparkly|1382047891|3539709 said:
Spoken like a true pricescoper! There is always another diamond to consider!!

I have a 1.3 ct oval (with halo) and I think it's a nice size. Bigness is a serious factor in a diamond! Might as well check it out, but don't let that beauty go unless you find something equally lovely.

Lol...thanks! I bet your ring is gorgeous!! The oval I mentioned above should be here tomorrow! :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring.. Ovals are my favorites.. my first stone with my husband was an oval.. upgraded to a RB but hope someday to either have a pendant or right hand ring made with an oval like yours.. beautiful stone and stunning setting.!!! :wavey: :wavey:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I truly love this stone and the setting you chose. One of the prettiest ovals I've seen on Pricescope! :love: :love: :love:

Tennismom

Rough_Rock
I love your ring! The oval is beautiful on your hand. So glad that you are happy now.
I lost my diamond from the setting and had not reappraised my ring from 1997. Lesson learned. I am excited now about my ring being made but it took awhile.

Your pave band is beautiful and delicate. Great choice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results