shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to correct what I said in my post earlier.
Egypt is also known to wield fantastic peridot, so much so that many of Cleopatra's emeralds were actually peridot. So I guess Pakistan is only tertiary for famous peridot origin, after Burma and Egypt. Hopefully I'm right!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade said:
Thats it, time to go into horde mode

You said it, MTG. Whimper.

--- Laurie

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Gahhh the cats eye chrys in tgt's drop. Want!

Also the gray spinel might be want someone wants... Or is that craze over? Lol. Jk. I still love my unphotogenic and sparkly and weird and pretty gorg gray spinel.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I know that cat eye chryso is is killing me. Fortunately I got one a little larger from him a few years ago.
I'm kinda ambivalent about the grey spinel though. I bought one from a popular ebay & facebook seller out of thailand a few months ago. Can't seem to find it now, and don't really mind.
The 12 ray star looks quite fascinating, like a big ball of mercury!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cat's eye chrysoberyl is killing me slowly over here too.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
A bit over the top, but wouldn't look awesome mounted with that pink spinel listed near it?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Is there anything a hot pink spinel doesn't go with?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That chryso hurts me, I'd like to have it so much. I'm also really attracted to the oddball sapphire -- it's unique & would make a neat pendant. He has quite a few tempting stones in this drop. I got outta there quickly -- am saving for settings & have to, have to use self-control. Ick.

--- Laurie

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1392684026|3617392 said:
That chryso hurts me, I'd like to have it so much. I'm also really attracted to the oddball sapphire -- it's unique & would make a neat pendant. He has quite a few tempting stones in this drop. I got outta there quickly -- am saving for settings & have to, have to use self-control. Ick.

--- Laurie

Could I borrow some of that? I just did a quick count and find I have 30 stones from TGT, and that is counting the (3) pairs as one each!
Don't judge me too quickly, I have convenient rationalizations! Nine of them are included quartzes and I am putting together a group for a necklace (11 stones) and matching earrings (2 stones). Another set I am putting together is cat eye stones. I can't seem to say no to stones from the Rogerly mine for the most vapid of reasons, so I have a few of those. I seem to have seven of his spinels as well, enough to pretend I had a vision for them beforehand.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Practicing self control so I can set another stone.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh!!! sent an email about two hours ago to Brad about the blue grey spinel but now I see it's "reserved" on the website........... :cry: :cry: :cry: should have emailed sooner... and that purple Luc Yen spinel's gone, too.. the color on that one looked amazing.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It feels so impossible to save up for settings when such lovely stones come up. I keep on telling myself, I have to set what I have!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1392694798|3617581 said:
It feels so impossible to save up for settings when such lovely stones come up. I keep on telling myself, I have to set what I have!!!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." - Oscar Wilde. :naughty:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
635a_large.jpg
635c_large.jpg

I'm also lusting after this golden beryl, but the size is too big for me to use as a ring (it is 12.8x12.8x10.8 mm) and it's also out of my budget (about US$1120 or AUD$1240).. if only it were about 8~9mm, it would be perfect for me. It's not as rich golden yellow as some of Doug's previous golden beryl asschers but still nice. :)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
About tgt's new drop, what do you think of the blue sapphire? I know it's saturation is on the light side and it has a bowtie but it seems really cheap for an unheated sapphire, over a carat, with decent colour. $350. Am I missing something?Anyone here reserve it?

The chrome tourmaline really caught my eye too. The chryso is in a different league!

reicaden

Rough_Rock
LoversKites|1392704528|3617667 said:
About tgt's new drop, what do you think of the blue sapphire?
The chrome tourmaline really caught my eye too. The chryso is in a different league!

Im sorry but.... where is tgt ? Im sort of new, thanks :)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Nice beryl asscher. I'm with you, Preg. It's painful to save up for settings when drops like these come along. I argued w/myself this a.m. about whether I'd rather set stones or just have them to love, unset. Can't do both, it seems, at the price of gold. Trouble is, I know that no matter what stones I have that thrill me, there will always be another I'm dying for. It's not acquisitiveness, really -- just the wish to have beauty to look at.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
To making the grade:
Do you know if anyone has bought that sapphire you posted? Who is the vendor?

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
To making the grade:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1392703438|3617663 said:
635a_large.jpg
635c_large.jpg

I'm also lusting after this golden beryl, but the size is too big for me to use as a ring (it is 12.8x12.8x10.8 mm) and it's also out of my budget (about US$1120 or AUD$1240).. if only it were about 8~9mm, it would be perfect for me. It's not as rich golden yellow as some of Doug's previous golden beryl asschers but still nice. :)

That is absolutely stunning! I wish I could wear something that large on a regular basis! Though too large to wear as a ring (for me - it would have to sit too high based on the depth), it would make one of the most striking & gorgeous pendants I could imagine.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gem Queen|1392793011|3618413 said:
To making the grade:

If you're talking about the blue sapphire from awhile back, it was offered by Litnon but I think it's been sold...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1392867262|3619058 said:
Gem Queen|1392793011|3618413 said:
To making the grade:

If you're talking about the blue sapphire from awhile back, it was offered by Litnon but I think it's been sold...

Well I should hope so by now, as I believe its the first stone to be posted in this thread three times by three different members :lol:

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
velouriaL|1392681542|3617343 said:
Gahhh the cats eye chrys in tgt's drop. Want!

Also the gray spinel might be want someone wants... Or is that craze over? Lol. Jk. I still love my unphotogenic and sparkly and weird and pretty gorg gray spinel.
My jaw dropped when I saw the Chrysoberyl, it faces up pretty small though which must be the reason it hasn't sold yet. :(sad

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The chrysoberyl is the perfect size for a stacker. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results